Scum Thread Marvel Heroes Scum Thread - Corrupted HQ

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
Welcome to scum chat!

I'm going to include a list in this post of all team members and a brief role name just for easy reference but I welcome you all to share the intricacies of your own roles to each other. This thread has no posting limitations so if you feel you need to post your entire role PM for your team to understand it, go for it.

Good luck and have fun!

Sorian

Staff member

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Your role is Mafia Event Gambler. You may use the command GAMBLE:<playernameA>,<playernameB>, and <playernameC> once per night phase. If any of these players win an item from an event, you will also win an exact copy of the item. You can only win one item in this way in the entire game. If multiple players win items at the same time, one will be randomly given to you.

You may also use the command KILL:<playername> once per night to execute the mafia factional kill. Your target will be killed assuming they have no form of protection. You may use both your individual ability and the factional ability in the same night, ifapplicable.

You are Iron Fist. True Identity Danny Rand.

Your role is Mafia Role Claim Vigilante. You may use the command KILL:<playername> once per night phase. In addition to the kill command, you must provide the name of the player’s role (mechanical role, not flavor role) and the post number where the player claimed. If the player has no protection and the claim is found to be correct, the player will be killed.

You may also use the command KILL:<playername> once per night to execute the mafia factional kill. Your target will be killed assuming they have no form of protection. You may use both your individual ability and the factional ability in the same night, if applicable.

I'm a first time scum but I have played with some of you which lower a pay nervousness and hopefully y'all will be able to carry my crazy somehow :p
I have a crazy PR too and here it is:

You are Hawkeye. True Identity Clint Barton.

Your role is Mafia Disruption Jack of all Trades. You have access to three abilities, that you may use in any order. You may not reuse them until all three have been used.

PROTECTION REVERSAL:<playername>: If you target a player that is currently being protected then the protection will kill the player. If you target a player that is not being protected then you will protect them.

FABRICATE GUN:<playername> or FABRICATE VEST:<playername>: You will give a player a fake gun or fake bulletproof vest. They will be told that they will be able to execute an extra night or day kill or survive an extra kill but the item will not actually do anything.

INVALIDATE:<playername>: The targeted player will be unable to be alignment or role checked for the remainder of the game. Any attempt to do so will return “no result.”

You may also use the command KILL:<playername> once per night to execute the mafia factional kill. Your target will be killed assuming they have no form of protection. You may use both your individual ability and the factional ability in the same night, if applicable.

Apollo

Apollo will wreck your goddamn face
Hi scum pals!

Your role is Mafia ITA Manipulator. You may use the command BOOST:<playername> or NERF:<playername> once per night phase. If you boost a player, their ITA hit rate will be increased to 100%. If you nerf a player, their ITA hit rate will be lowered to 0%. You may not target the same player two nights in a row.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Hello friends, are you excited? I am Vin Diesel

Welcome XXX,

You are X-23. True Identity Laura Kinney.

Your role is Mafia Vigilante Jack of all Trades. You have access to four abilities, you may use them in any order but can not repeat until all four have been used.

NINJA:<playername>: You will not show up on any watch, track, or voyeur reports.

STRONGMAN:<playername>: This kill will ignore all forms of protection and blocking.

TORTURE:<playername>: If this ability successfully kills your target, you will receive a report of all players they have targeted as well as any applicable results.

INCAPACITATE:<playername>: Both roleblock and kill your target. The kill can still fail due to protection but the roleblock will still succeed.

The game thread can be found here: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/186/

The mafia thread can be found here: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/188/

You win when the mafia team outnumbers all other players.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
Hi scum pals!

Your role is Mafia ITA Manipulator. You may use the command BOOST:<playername> or NERF:<playername> once per night phase. If you boost a player, their ITA hit rate will be increased to 100%. If you nerf a player, their ITA hit rate will be lowered to 0%. You may not target the same player two nights in a row.

You should boost scum obvs

Sorian

Staff member
Hello friends, are you excited? I am Vin Diesel

Welcome XXX,

You are X-23. True Identity Laura Kinney.

Your role is Mafia Vigilante Jack of all Trades. You have access to four abilities, you may use them in any order but can not repeat until all four have been used.

NINJA:<playername>: You will not show up on any watch, track, or voyeur reports.

STRONGMAN:<playername>: This kill will ignore all forms of protection and blocking.

TORTURE:<playername>: If this ability successfully kills your target, you will receive a report of all players they have targeted as well as any applicable results.

INCAPACITATE:<playername>: Both roleblock and kill your target. The kill can still fail due to protection but the roleblock will still succeed.

The game thread can be found here: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/186/

The mafia thread can be found here: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?threads/188/

You win when the mafia team outnumbers all other players.

I should probably note that the ninja command is also a kill. I feel like that went without saying considering all of your other actions but I realized when you posted this that it wasn't specifically stated.

I should probably note that the ninja command is also a kill. I feel like that went without saying considering all of your other actions but I realized when you posted this that it wasn't specifically stated.

I didn't get any notification when you @ me by the way, perhaps it's disabled in here?

Sorian

Staff member
I didn't get any notification when you @ me by the way, perhaps it's disabled in here?

@Include

Any notification of that mention? You'd probably get one for the mention and one for new posts to a thread you've posted in. It should be working since there is no special command to turn it on or off as far as we know.

You are Human Torch. True Identity Johnny Storm.

Your role is Mafia Passive Buff. You do not have any active abilities but while you are alive, anyone who shares the same alignment as you will receive +5% to all shots they make during ITA phases.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
You are Ant-Man. True Identity Hank Pym.

Your role is Mafia Day Vigilante. You may use the command KILL:<playername> once per day phase starting on day 2. The command must be given after the first ITA phase begins and before the final ITA phase ends. Your target will be killed assuming they have no form of protection. Should you be lynched on day 1, you will be allowed to make a retaliation strong kill by posting the command RETALIATE:<playername> publicly on the main game thread.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
I'm a first time scum but I have played with some of you which lower a pay nervousness and hopefully y'all will be able to carry my crazy somehow :p
I have a crazy PR too and here it is:

You are Hawkeye. True Identity Clint Barton.

Your role is Mafia Disruption Jack of all Trades. You have access to three abilities, that you may use in any order. You may not reuse them until all three have been used.

PROTECTION REVERSAL:<playername>: If you target a player that is currently being protected then the protection will kill the player. If you target a player that is not being protected then you will protect them.

FABRICATE GUN:<playername> or FABRICATE VEST:<playername>: You will give a player a fake gun or fake bulletproof vest. They will be told that they will be able to execute an extra night or day kill or survive an extra kill but the item will not actually do anything.

INVALIDATE:<playername>: The targeted player will be unable to be alignment or role checked for the remainder of the game. Any attempt to do so will return “no result.”

This role is legit.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
Hi scum pals!

The nerfing could also be used on a mafia player. If you reduce one of our team's hit rate to 0%, they can publicly issue a kill against another mafia player without the kill actually going through. Good for busing.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
Invalidate sshould be used on another mafia member. Since I am godfather, if I flip we can make a case for the invalidated scum memner that 'no way scum has two godfathers'

Natiko

Invalidate sshould be used on another mafia member. Since I am godfather, if I flip we can make a case for the invalidated scum memner that 'no way scum has two godfathers'
Yeah, that’s a good point as well.

Apollo

This makes a lot of sense. Seems like we have a lot of fun options for how to use these abilities.

Sorian

Staff member
Just as a due diligence mention, invalidate isn't making anyone a godfather or miller, it's just making them untargetable by checks so from an investigators perspective, they will see it as though they were roleblocked or the player was ascetic or something.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
I'm Wasp, your standard doctor. The twist is that my target is also protected for the following day phase (except from lynches, modkills, and event penalties).

So we could combine my ability with the protection reversal to have an extra night kill.

Natiko

Nice! I really like the way some of these roles can be combined. Also, I can’t help but wonder just how many people are going to be dead by D3 lol

My role seems like it’s pretty hit or miss. I imagine not all event items will be beneficial, or at least not beneficial as a scum member.

Great, am Scum again.
---
You are Colossus. True Identity Piotr Rasputin.

Your role is Mafia NPC Creator. You may privately PM the command RECRUIT once per day phase starting on day 2 to the gamerunner. You will create an alternate account that may make one ITA shot at the current mafia team hit chance minus 5%. Your NPC can not be targeted during the ITA phase and will disappear at the end of phase in which he was summoned.

---

Sorian

Staff member
:)

I'll get in touch with you once I have the fake account ready for you Rynam.

Natiko

I misread that so hard at first and thought you had to shoot at the mafia team lol

Sorian

Staff member
Your team chance is currently 20%, if DCpat dies it goes to 15%. So the NPC would be 15% and 10% respectively. Buffing or nerfing one of you with Apollo doesn't effect the NPC in any way.

And further clarification for the above post, no because it doesn't exist at night time so Apollo wouldn't have a target there.

Sorian

Staff member
In a technical sense, it will be the same one every time. I'm going to rename it from day to day though to add confusion (and also change the password since you need to PM me the command each day before you use it).

Sorian

Staff member
You're fine to be sharing and planning in here now.

Yo everybody! I think this is the first time I've been scum.

You are Captain America. True Identity Steve Rogers.

Your role is Mafia Odd Night Flavor Vigilante. You may use the command KILL:<playername>. In addition to the kill command, you must submit flavor on how the player died. If the flavor is well done, you’re shot will hit 100% of the time (can still be stopped with protection). If the flavor is judged to be weak, the shot will work at 50%. Please note that the flavor WILL be posted with the player’s death flip.

Apollo

Yo everybody! I think this is the first time I've been scum.

You are Captain America. True Identity Steve Rogers.

Your role is Mafia Odd Night Flavor Vigilante. You may use the command KILL:<playername>. In addition to the kill command, you must submit flavor on how the player died. If the flavor is well done, you’re shot will hit 100% of the time (can still be stopped with protection). If the flavor is judged to be weak, the shot will work at 50%. Please note that the flavor WILL be posted with the player’s death flip.

Captain America is mafia? Oh my.

eab.jpg

@Include

Any notification of that mention? You'd probably get one for the mention and one for new posts to a thread you've posted in. It should be working since there is no special command to turn it on or off as far as we know.

I got notified that you quoted me but not that you @ me.

Let's try with someone else @Verelios hey better half, so happy to have you in the same team again.

This role is legit.
The pressure is on... I bet I'm going to get lynched d1 :(

My thoughts exactly, shall we use it on our most powerful member or the most suspicious by default by the mafiera community?

Anyhow I'm going to breadcrumbs my role from d1 as a JOAT (doc by sending vest, kill by giving a gun and ??? I can't think of a third one)

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I dunno about that. If Include dies town will see her flip, and at that point they'll probably lynch everyone who failed an investigator check. Might be better to target townies to sow confusion.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I got notified that you quoted me but not that you @ me.

Let's try with someone else @Verelios hey better half, so happy to have you in the same team again.

The pressure is on... I bet I'm going to get lynched d1 :(

My thoughts exactly, shall we use it on our most powerful member or the most suspicious by default by the mafiera community?

Anyhow I'm going to breadcrumbs my role from d1 as a JOAT (doc by sending vest, kill by giving a gun and ??? I can't think of a third one)
Setting > Alert Preferences > Mentions you in a message

?

Natiko

I dunno about that. If Include dies town will see her flip, and at that point they'll probably lynch everyone who failed an investigator check. Might be better to target townies to sow confusion.
Not sure if they’d immediately assume scum or town. If we use it on a scum member we suspect is likely to be checked they could just as easily think it’s a town person we wanted to prevent from being cleared.

Guys, on our first night we can totally have a legendary bloodbath (assuming everything goes according to keikaku = plan):D

With all our shared roles so far we can have 5 kills on night1 or 6 if @CoolestSpot role has kill too.

Night 1 will be the only chance for us to get 5 kills or more (what with the chance of one or more of us being vig killed, attacked or lynched starting d2.)

Let's do it guys, let's show the world that we are the scumiest of the scums.

Natiko

Yeah, I never would’ve guessed just how many killing roles we would have. That along with us also having ITAs makes me think the town side of things must be pretty crazy too.

My Role PM:

You are Nick Fury. True Identity Samuel L. Jackson.

Your role is Mafia Commander. You may use the command COMMAND:<playername> along with a letter A, B, C, D, or E. The letters correspond to the following:

A: You may not cast a vote for a player currently in the lead or tied for the lead.

B: You may not let X die (where X is a player of your choosing). This stipulation starts the following day so if X dies in the same night that you use this command then it will be wasted.

C: You may not use a command on a town-aligned player (excluding public commands like ITAs)

D: You may not be the second highest vote leader at day end

E: You may not have 0 votes on yourself at day end

If the player disobeys their order, they will be killed immediately regardless of current protection. They will not be allowed to reveal that they are being forced to play in a certain way. You may only issue each order once.

I seem very OP, I hope I can last long enough that we can plan and do some true hijinks

Sorian

Staff member
Sorry guys, woah, I thought game started 25th

I'll try and catch up on what we're up to

It does, you're fine lol I gave you all pre-planning time since your roles are ridiculous.

Sorian

Staff member
Also, now that coolest posted his role PM. Just FYI, I can only keep track of so many things. If you think someone has broken one of these rules after you've targeted them, let me know here or privately so I can review it.

I'll also elaborate on A since I did get a few questions when a few more people saw the design doc the other day. The stipulation is only that they can't make a vote on someone that is already in the lead or tied for the lead (their vote also can't cause either of those states) but if they vote on someone super early and later that person ends up being a vote leader, that is not an issue and they would not be killed.

Also, now that coolest posted his role PM. Just FYI, I can only keep track of so many things. If you think someone has broken one of these rules after you've targeted them, let me know here or privately so I can review it.

I'll also elaborate on A since I did get a few questions when a few more people saw the design doc the other day. The stipulation is only that they can't make a vote on someone that is already in the lead or tied for the lead (their vote also can't cause either of those states) but if they vote on someone super early and later that person ends up being a vote leader, that is not an issue and they would not be killed.

Thanks doc. This all sounds good.

Verelios

Were-elios
I am Scarlet Witch. True Identity Wanda Maximoff.

My role is Mafia Role Cop. I can use the command CHECK:<playername> once per night phase and will learn the role name of the player.

I am Scarlet Witch. True Identity Wanda Maximoff.

My role is Mafia Role Cop. I can use the command CHECK:<playername> once per night phase and will learn the role name of the player.

Hm. Shouldn't your power be to alter allnof reality and make it so scum rules the world?

Oh well, neat power there too

Your role is Mafia Event Gambler. You may use the command GAMBLE:<playernameA>,<playernameB>, and <playernameC> once per night phase. If any of these players win an item from an event, you will also win an exact copy of the item. You can only win one item in this way in the entire game. If multiple players win items at the same time, one will be randomly given to you.

You may also use the command KILL:<playername> once per night to execute the mafia factional kill. Your target will be killed assuming they have no form of protection. You may use both your individual ability and the factional ability in the same night, ifapplicable.

Shit, items are in play? After berserk I have a bad feeling about this

@Include What's up partner \o/

Includios 2.0 in da house!

@CoolestSpot your PR is indeed the coolest :p

By the by, I am so gonna give Hecht a fake gun in night 2 lol, the callback to HvV is too sweet to ignore.

@Sorian I got Vere's mention, so my account must hate you :O, by the way, will the people I send fake items to know I'm the one giving it to them or is it anonymous?

Not really. His role relies on the person actually claiming. So you can verify they aren't lying, but otherwise it wouldn't work together.

Yea was just thinking about this. Curious how it works out. With so many people and powers seems pretty high chance a town would protect someone who role claims

Sorian

Staff member
I got your mention fine and as far as we can tell on admin side, we can't control mentions at all, all it takes is the person having access to the place they were mentioned.

Clearly user error :P

Verelios

Were-elios
It'll be hard to keep track of things, that's for sure. I guess I'll play the long game and play by ear.

Natiko

Alright, before we start, who would be the biggest threats in this game?
Off the top of my head Faddy, Monkey, Hecht, Swamped, and Terra. I’m sure there’s more but quite a few I would’ve named are on our team thankfully. Of the ones above a few might be fairly busy so they may not be able to contribute as much as usual.

Verelios

Were-elios
I would say Blarg is a wildcard. Sometimes he's absolutely spot on but other times it's a tunnel down to oblivion.

Natiko

I would say Blarg is a wildcard. Sometimes he's absolutely spot on but other times it's a tunnel down to oblivion.
The thing about Blarg is even though he’s generally a fairly strong player he usually has an element of performance art that causes town to lynch him and ignore what he said.

Verelios

Were-elios
The thing about Blarg is even though he’s generally a fairly strong player he usually has an element of performance art that causes town to lynch him and ignore what he said.
Yeah, that can either be good or bad for us. I remember meta reasoning being lynch Blarg if unsure but he does stay alive for a while so...eh.

Sorian

Staff member
I can make fake item which does nothing, like literally. Lol

@Sorian in case you didn't see my question, is my sending items anonymous?

Oh yeah I did miss the question, yes, your items are sent anonymously though you would of course still show up on any movement reports.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
Hmm. Interesting. Assuming we know the nature of some items, we can use them as a cover for movement reports.

Oh yeah I did miss the question, yes, your items are sent anonymously though you would of course still show up on any movement reports.
Thank you.

It would be scary if items weren't sent anonymously

But I wanted to do a Hecht lol, items dealer... Well, fake items dealer lol

Hmm. Interesting. Assuming we know the nature of some items, we can use them as a cover for movement reports.

Interesting indeed, Hmmm. So many options and strategies to consider.

We really gotta coordinate to make use of everything we have got. Scums haven't won a game for a long time, it's our time to bring town's glory down.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
I currently have a 100% win rate with this community, so we'd best not break that.

Natiko

Well let’s just do our best to make sure we’re all at least standing N1. I’m sure the day end is going to be all over the place.

Natiko

Honestly it’s going to be one thing just to keep who all my teammates are in mind, let alone the 40 other players lol

Top Bottom