Pair Thread Boat 1 - Brazil & Fandorin

What the fuck is this hahaha.

exUYDX6.gif

I’m here at the movies right now. Can’t read the thread until later.

But yeah, this is awesome. I am town btw.

Well he wasn’t really on the hook considering the amount of other confirmed players (though cabot wasn’t and he got done in lol).

No one pointed it out though, right?

I don't think so.

I think the only time I've ever pre-typed something was when I was either scum or BP in Berserk. Otherwise, I think I would never do it :P

In terms of things you did that irk me out, you pushing for "proof" against Pirate Bae's claim is the one. Why :lol

Meh. Rush of the moment.

I did think the wording of the post meant she had something to share then. I don’t think that would be enough for her to give more information that she was willing, but it was a stupid move yeah.

What are your top scum reads today?

Remove me from the list if I’m there. I want to decide where to look today, since I know going for me won’t help.

I still haven't had enough willpower to go through old stuff with the turmoil flip in mind, but right now the two that stand out the most are malus and Faddy.

Faddy tunneling against me since D1 seemed like the town!Faddy thing to do, but he seems to be becoming a little unhinged ever since last EoD.

I've also got a weird feeling rising against Natiko - and not just because of that pre-typed post, btw. I'm still thinking it through, though.

I still haven't had enough willpower to go through old stuff with the turmoil flip in mind, but right now the two that stand out the most are malus and Faddy.

Faddy tunneling against me since D1 seemed like the town!Faddy thing to do, but he seems to be becoming a little unhinged ever since last EoD.

I've also got a weird feeling rising against Natiko - and not just because of that pre-typed post, btw. I'm still thinking it through, though.
Natiko seems willing to lynch me but doesn’t want to argue for it. I’ll look back into him too.

I’m kinda tired of playing defensive too, since I know no one really cares for what I have to say anyway; Monkey doesn’t seem to at least.

I've got confirmed town-Fran and Faddy on my back. Literally could not ask for a more headstrong duo of accusers. Don't you dare complain about your situation to me :lol

But, yeah. Going back and forth like that is fruitless.

Well, you’re right on that. I don’t think Fran is set on lynching you though. Faddy is out for your blood now though.

Why are people linking us and why do they want to know what we are doing in here so hard? Kinda weird since I don’t expect anything substantial to come from the other boats.

That's an interesting question. That post from Sorian does seem like it's building up to a thunderdome between us that's completely fabricated.

:lol

Weird to talk through the thread like this.

I’m leaning scum on rac. He didn’t do anything worth while so far. At the same time his slips, like how he forgot that votes locked down, make me think he’s just not actually that engaged to the game.

I’m not totally sold on you being town. I’m under heat this phase and probably will get lynched, and so far you’ve avoided the subject entirely. You kinda did that on KH Mafia too, like you don’t want to have a hand in my lynch and just leave me to deal with it haha.

I kinda don't wanna have a hand on your lynch.

But at the same time, I'm not feeling firm enough about your town status anymore to outright defend you. It's been rough.

I understand that. It was your MO on KH though so it’s weighing in on my meta read on you.

Pretty annoying to play right now honestly. I know no one pays much attention to what I post usually and I manage to just get by, but people ignoring my defense posts isn’t cool for me.

That's the biggest reason why I'm side-eyeing your train. It feels artificial. I agree that Sawneeks seems to be the only one who's really engaging with your posts.

And here comes Sorian with that "Brazil or Fandorin" bullshit once again.

I said in the first post in here, didn’t I? hahah

But the feeling is mutual. If you’re scum I think this could be my first defeat as town haha.

I'm really not. If you survive this phase I'll claim here during the night.

I was hiding it, but the way Natiko scrutinized those same turmoil posts as Sawneeks early in the day, but came out of it with a scumread of Febe instead of you made me draw a link between you two. I tried to bait you into saying something to Natiko in scum chat about my suspicions (which I didn't mention elsewhere), but he didn't seem to become any more cautious around me throughout the phase at all. The follow-up to those posts when Natiko was confronted by Saw also defused that notion.

I understand that. It was your MO on KH though so it’s weighing in on my meta read on you.

Pretty annoying to play right now honestly. I know no one pays much attention to what I post usually and I manage to just get by, but people ignoring my defense posts isn’t cool for me.
And then this post here pushed me over the edge into trusting you.

Huh, you’re really cautious towards Natiko. What are the main points of that suspicion?

He seemed to walk a fine line between scum reading me or not, and Neeks seemed genuinely interested on that as well.

Point me in that direction so I can read more on it. I’ll claim here as well if we survive.

Yeah, ok. That post now was weird. Marvel has nothing to do with this.

Looks like he is trying to deconstruct your post defending me withor arguing for it.

I don't remember exactly what was it that triggered my suspicion of Natiko, but it was during D2. I should've made note of it, but I think I can find it if I look through his posts. I'll try doing that later.

Today, apart from his pre-typed turmoil read, his argument against Sawneeks is so damn weird. He's hung up on the fact that she didn't wait for turmoil to answer her question before voting for him, but that doesn't feel unnatural to me at all when you're that close to EoD. He also called this question:

Why did you pick Flux to check?
"Innocuous", which seems like complete bullshit to me. How is questioning the motivation behind a command "innocuous"? It just seemed like he was trying to paint her in a bad light as hard as he could.

I don't remember exactly what was it that triggered my suspicion of Natiko, but it was during D2. I should've made note of it, but I think I can find it if I look through his posts. I'll try doing that later.

Today, apart from his pre-typed turmoil read, his argument against Sawneeks is so damn weird. He's hung up on the fact that she didn't wait for turmoil to answer her question before voting for him, but that doesn't feel unnatural to me at all when you're that close to EoD. He also called this question:

"Innocuous", which seems like complete bullshit to me. How is questioning the motivation behind a command "innocuous"? It just seemed like he was trying to paint her in a bad light as hard as he could.
Humm. Will take a closer look at that giant D3 post when I get the chance. I thought that question from Neeks made perfect sense considering turmoil hadn’t really interacted with Fluxz

The angle that Saw maybe was trying to chain-lynch you and turmoil is, however, a fair point. I'll need to look over both of them in detail after today.

I don’t think Saw would go that far since she’d be really exposed once I flip.

Don’t think she has been town read enough to be worth the trade. She was very direct about it. But I won’t vouch for her.

Now that's a mess if I've ever seen one.

BP, doc and commuter does seem too much with a single NK per night. We had less than that in Berserk, a similarly-large game, and that was actually role madness.

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm back in love with this game. Holy shit.

ZEKE AVOIDED THE BOMB HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HE'S 100% SCUM HOLY SHIT
Hahahahahah holy shit that ending.

When I saw Faddy exploding I couldn’t believe it. Poor Chuggs, at least he cleared that his role out.

Zeke REALLY made a point of the hammer, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he flipped scum after that.

I’m be getting some heat tomorrow. malus should be clear and people will now think that I was a counter wagon. That will be funny.

Hahahahahah holy shit that ending.

When I saw Faddy exploding I couldn’t believe it. Poor Chuggs, at least he cleared that his role out.
I would've really liked if LP could've hugged that bomb to death, but Chugger isn't the worse townie to lose, as much as it seems cruel to say. His BP meant that he'd probably never be hit by scum, and there'd always be a reason to doubt him.

Zeke REALLY made a point of the hammer, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he flipped scum after that.
I will eat my t-shirt if Zeke isn't scum. He posted twice before putting down the vote.

Do I.......do I........get the honor of hammering?

Having a day vig for scum isn’t out of the question either.

I’m be getting some heat tomorrow. malus should be clear and people will now think that I was a counter wagon. That will be funny.
Why should malus be clear? I dunno.

The heat you're supposed to be getting tomorrow is because of that dumb "what if the two trains are scum?" theory? Because that's some grade-A dumb shit right there. I'll side-eye hard anyone who brings that up.

Also, you can't spend the next day defending yourself against that type of shit again. Work on reads right off the gate. Saw's case against you was based on things turmoil posted, and this upcoming one should also rely on stuff that's completely out of your control. There's nothing you can do to defend yourself against that.

What you need to do is come up with better papertrails and convince at least some of the more passive players that keeping you around is good because you're putting in work.

Why should malus be clear? I dunno.

The heat you're supposed to be getting tomorrow is because of that dumb "what if the two trains are scum?" theory? Because that's some grade-A dumb shit right there. I'll side-eye hard anyone who brings that up.
Well, it makes sense after malus started getting some votes with me and Faddy still up. People love to clear the counter wagon as well, so we’ll see.

But yeah, some suspicion could still be on malus, but knowing I’m town I don’t think scum could scatter the votes like that with Faddy on line.

Also, you can't spend the next day defending yourself against that type of shit again. Work on reads right off the gate. Saw's case against you was based on things turmoil posted, and this upcoming one should also rely on stuff that's completely out of your control. There's nothing you can do to defend yourself against that.

What you need to do is come up with better papertrails and convince at least some of the more passive players that keeping you around is good because you're putting in work.

Yup, I learned that the hard way. There is nothing that I can defend myself from this time, and the turmoil “connection” was more of that as well. Will go after other players for real and see what I can find. Hopefully we’ll get some flips more flips and voting data could finally begin shining.

I would've really liked if LP could've hugged that bomb to death, but Chugger isn't the worse townie to lose, as much as it seems cruel to say. His BP meant that he'd probably never be hit by scum, and there'd always be a reason to doubt him.

I will eat my t-shirt if Zeke isn't scum. He posted twice before putting down the vote.
Since Chuggs was actually telling the truth about his claim, I’m surprised we haven’t seen more killing roles from scum. Faddy being a bomber doesn’t really count for that.

If KetKat managed to defend both cabot and Pirate Bae, and we actually have 2 kills-nights going on, I think I’d finally be at peace with CeeCee’s claim. Otherwise it is worrying how little firepower scum has.

Since Chuggs was actually telling the truth about his claim, I’m surprised we haven’t seen more killing roles from scum. Faddy being a bomber doesn’t really count for that.

If KetKat managed to defend both cabot and Pirate Bae, and we actually have 2 kills-nights going on, I think I’d finally be at peace with CeeCee’s claim. Otherwise it is worrying how little firepower scum has.
I wonder if they’ve really stacked a kill attempt and a roleblock on Bae. That kinda kinda tells me that they don’t have a strongman, otherwise they’d just have used that.

We have no indication of a town tracker on top of a cop, so I don’t think they have ninja kills either.

I wonder if they have someone who can straight-up take extra shots. I think your role in Mafia was the closest to that that I’ve ever seen.

I wonder if they’ve really stacked a kill attempt and a roleblock on Bae. That kinda kinda tells me that they don’t have a strongman, otherwise they’d just have used that.

We have no indication of a town tracker on top of a cop, so I don’t think they have ninja kills either.

I wonder if they have someone who can straight-up take extra shots. I think your role in Mafia was the closest to that that I’ve ever seen.
Considering turmoil was backup, I’m thinking the entire scum team has a PR. Kinda hard to know exactly what it is now, it could be a JOAT killer or a Vig with extra shots or something.

I’m guessing Faddy said he saved cabot and Bae because those were actually scum targets both phases, and so they knew someone had defended them.

Considering all the suspicion I have on me, even if I was a good PR, scum would still go for my mislynch. I’m not the cop or the doc after all. So I’ll claim now.

I’m everyone’s favorite town vanilla, Stuart444.

Hahahaha, fun. I kinda figured that that was the case given how dejected you felt when your defense wasn’t working.

I’m a dumb PR that can barely be called that. I think it’s called post restriction ignorer or something. Basically, I could’ve posted 100 times on D2 without getting modkilled.

That’s why I never kept count of my posts. I kept watching the thread after making my 30th, but felt satisfied with the way things were going after reading that post absolutbro made about turmoil, so I just sat back.

I didn’t want to reveal it so early because I was hoping that scum would have an equivalent power, and I wanted them to reveal it first. I guess a joat could still have that power, but the backup makes it less likely.

I don’t want to say which player I represent because it’s funny considering how dumb the PR they have is. I’ll save it for my flip :P

Also, no disrespect to Bear, this is a fun PR to have. I just mean dumb relative to stuff like cop or doctor :P

Hahahaha, fun. I kinda figured that that was the case given how dejected you felt when your defense wasn’t working.

I’m a dumb PR that can barely be called that. I think it’s called post restriction ignorer or something. Basically, I could’ve posted 100 times on D2 without getting modkilled.

That’s why I never kept count of my posts. I kept watching the thread after making my 30th, but felt satisfied with the way things were going after reading that post absolutbro made about turmoil, so I just sat back.

I didn’t want to reveal it so early because I was hoping that scum would have an equivalent power, and I wanted them to reveal it first. I guess a joat could still have that power, but the backup makes it less likely.

I don’t want to say which player I represent because it’s funny considering how dumb the PR they have is. I’ll save it for my flip :P
That is a pretty bad PR lol. I do think scum have a power that limits posts, or at least another modifier that somehow influences, other wise it’s an incredibly situational PR that barely helps town.

Well, at least you finally rolled a Town PR.

Ah, I'm sure there are multiple modifiers that can limit posting somehow.

The coolest way to use it would've been to quickly reach the 30 posts limit, wait for scum to start shittalking me for some reason, and then

giphy.gif

If scum do have two killing commands, it's possible that they'll roleblock Bae, kill Ketkat and someone else.

It's highly unlikely considering how many confirmed/almost confirmed townies are still left, but it's possible that they'd pick me for a second target, depending on how hard they want to lynch you. Faddy openly regretted that his attempt to mislynch me was a failure, so I don't think I'm someone they want to keep around too long. And I'm your single defender, after all.

If that does happen, someone will definitely try to WIFOM the kill by saying that you killed me as a hail mary because you felt cornered. Just remember that scum has already tried to incriminate you twice: first turmoil on D1, and then Faddy last phase with that whole "The Fandorin vote is garbage" line.

Regardless, I'll work on some reads and post them here before the boat ride is over.

Ah, one thing I forgot to mention: vote restrictions still work on me. So I wasn't able to change my vote around on D2 either.

If scum do have two killing commands, it's possible that they'll roleblock Bae, kill Ketkat and someone else.

It's highly unlikely considering how many confirmed/almost confirmed townies are still left, but it's possible that they'd pick me for a second target, depending on how hard they want to lynch you. Faddy openly regretted that his attempt to mislynch me was a failure, so I don't think I'm someone they want to keep around too long. And I'm your single defender, after all.

If that does happen, someone will definitely try to WIFOM the kill by saying that you killed me as a hail mary because you felt cornered. Just remember that scum has already tried to incriminate you twice: first turmoil on D1, and then Faddy last phase with that whole "The Fandorin vote is garbage" line.

Regardless, I'll work on some reads and post them here before the boat ride is over.
Faddy linked himself too much to me. I don’t think posting that helped scum set up my lynch. Unsure how town will react though. Either way I can’t really defend myself from that anymore, so I’ll just work on my reads instead.

I doubt you’ll get killed, yeah. We have Bae, KetKat, Fran, Fantomas and Flux (meh) before that. With the doctor out, they don’t have to worry about hitting protection anymore.

Town

Fantomas
Pirate Bae
Fran
KetKat
Fandorin

People I feel good about

absolutbro
Kyan
Blarg
- It's just gut, I won't lie.
Monkey

Limbo
LP
rac
CeeCee
malus
- I haven't given much thought to where this piece falls post-Faddy lynch. I can see a scenario in which rac and him are scummates. It's worth pointing out that he was also one of those who cast a vote for Faddy after the hammer had been dropped.
Febe - I don't think I've paid attention to more than a couple of his posts so far. He doesn't strike fear in my heart right now, but I can't really take a stance because I simply don't know.

Scum

Natiko or Sawneeks - I think there's a very interesting link here that needs to be investigated further. I think that either Sawneeks was trying to chain-lynch turmoil with you, or Natiko was trying to smear Sawneeks to get her lynched in that D2 EoD ISO of her.
Zeke - I'm serious, man. So scum.
Sorian - 99% of the time, saying that someone looks scummy because they haven't done anything of notice is bullshit - but not in Sorian's case. He posts a lot, but he hasn't made a single big move yet. He's just background noise. That's not town!Sorian. If that wasn't enough, his behavior during D3 was incredibly fishy. I let it pass because my objective during the latter half phase was to save your ass, but he tried so hard to make a thunderdome between us happen. The way he repeatedly mentioned us that way in his posts, despite not engaging with us in any serious way, is so typical of scum!Sorian trying to control the narrative indirectly. Not only that, but this post is huge:

Yeah, I figured I was the one being referenced, I’m aware. For the shitty answer to this, Fand’s posts are really long and they become very difficult to manage when I quote them and try to cut them down or even just scroll around to highlight different things. That’s not it on its own though. I’m talking through my thoughts on his posts in our boat and then Monkey ends up coming over here and hitting all the points anyway. I don’t feel the need to reiterate the exact same things again. The one difference of opinion I have from her is that I have more worry on you than she does and I did say this part above but what’s pinging me is that he has stayed calm through all of this and you were tilting a bit yesterday (and even a bit now with this defense), I think you are both good scum players who are good at staying cold and factual sounding when the heat comes down and I think you letting loose more in here is indicative of having less modes to do it in the background (like a scum chat).
The second part of the post is misdirection, but the first is blatant scum!Sorian behavior. He was so ready to be called out for that. Scum!Sorian is always painfully aware of all of his failings, and he has contingency plans from when he gets caught. The sole intent of this post was to disarm me.

My biggest current scumread apart from Zeke. I still need to find a convincing way to build the case, though.

---

FluxWaveZ
- I'll preface this by saying that he's probably just town. But I've gotta say: the way he reacted to Faddy's claim felt completely unnatural to me. He immediately wanted Faddy's head, despite the fact that the claim was... pretty good? Meanwhile, he completely ignored Chuggernaut's role in that dynamic... and he got so pissed when I asked him about it. He's also spent D3 talking about "let's just hammer this" and trying to limit the options people were looking into.

From my perspective, both turmoil and Flux were occupying incredibly similar spaces in my suspicions.

Both turmoil and Flux had voted for Stan with little to no build-up. Both were in my kill list and not on Stan's. Flux had voted before those lists had been posted, but he got real defensive when Monkey accused him of sheeping the Stan vote.
Both turmoil and Flux had given the bullshit Ketkat townread that I'd brought up on D2.

So when D2 started, both of them were already in pretty precarious situations - and that only got worse as the day went on. It's also important to keep in mind that turmoil's claim was not something that he came up with in the heat of the moment. He'd set it up with his very first post in that phase. There was some kind of plan behind that.

If I had a vig shot, I'd kill Flux no questions asked at this point. At the very least the shadow of a potential scum master plan would be cleared.

If I die, this is the one read I need you to get out there somehow. absolutbro has raised a theory that would fit here regarding Flux's behavior on D2, and I think Blarg nodded his head along, so maybe talk to them about it.

Nice list and will get all of this out if they bite you in the ass this phase. Not going to be able to post much in the chat anymore though cause of work here, but good stuff.

I’ll say that I’ve been very wary of Sorian. I get the feeling he’s playing very cautiously and wanted to bring attention to that but so far none of it stuck. He reacted perfectly (cor a scum) when turmoil fake claimed; despite pushing for Flux lynch the entire phase, he didn’t make a stand then, instead he just vanished from the thread and didn’t say who he wanted lynched first. That way he sidestepped the entire discussion and the WIFOM talk that could get him later. He also disarmed some discussions at D1 and generally felt safe like you said it.

On Flux. I think he’s just a weird player that doesn’t about optics after getting “sorta confirmed”, that was my read at least. The gambit from turmoil and Faddy pushing for his lynch D2 + him not buying Faddy fake claim at D3 and Sorian on his ass at D1 point to that at least. I will take a hard look on what you posted and this theory AB had though.

Top Bottom