Pair Thread Boat 7 - Fantomas & Rac

Fanto

Confirmed Town
x5ySAKa.gif

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ah, Rac! Hello.

So, I guess while we're here, I'd kind of like to ask you some questions actually bud.

What was with that vote on me? Do you still have a solid Scum read on me?

And then when you tried switching it to Flux? That reads a bit... odd to me now knowing Turmoil's alignment.

Not fully Scum reading you, FYI, just a lean right now because that was suspicious to me.

What are you thinking going into D3 here? Top suspects on your mind after seeing that shit show of an ending to D2?

rac

whatever
well i wanted to see if i could switch what flux was doing with their vote(didn't read that votes got locked after the first one at all)
and also im not to sure about you, admitting that its p much gut(which im questioning a lot in my head since i isod you and then just gave up)

flux played a really weird last hour so i was more confident going there
if he turns up scum there perfect if not turmoil is the next target anyways

keep in mind we still don't know flux's alignment either

as for day 3 no clue from me, tried looking at turmoil's post and didn't really see much
just a fixation on fandorin and scum reading zubz and i really

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, for now I'm considering Flux Town in my reads just because I don't really see that as a weird standoff between two Scum, Flux felt pretty in line with how he had played the whole game so far, and I had already got the thought that he was just getting picked on a bit for having opinions that went against the grain. But it is true, we don't know his alignment and it is possible that he's even a Scum Commuter and just wasn't lying about his role.

I have a read list ready to post for when the day starts so my full thoughts will be in there, but I definitely have some suspects coming out of that EoD. There was a good amount of confusion being thrown out there by some while the shit show was in progress. I was so low on posts at that point I was afraid if I jumped in too much I might lose count, but I was watching it all go down and gave it a few rereads here overnight.

rac

whatever
what do you think about brazil's 30th post saying kill flux

especially considering this was his answer to fran's list of people
Scum

turmoil
Pirate Bae
Ketkat
CeeCee
rac
Chugger
Blarg
Fantomas

Town

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I did make a note about Brazil's ending post there yeah, because it is in conflict with his Turmoil read. I've basically split my Town reads into the people who did and did not vote for Turmoil, because I personally am not sensing a bus vote there under those circumstances (but I am not like an expert at spotting them either).

To say I was suspicious of Ketkat is an understatement lol I actually feel bad now for scum reading her so hard based on the usual D1 crap, but it's all I really had to go on for so long there.

Pirate Bae I was back and forth on a lot admittedly. I liked her play on D2 a lot though even though I totally disagreed with her about Ketkat her read there felt genuine to me, so even though based on D1 I was considering her a suspect, I came around on her a lot by the end of the day, I mentioned those thoughts in a post to Flux a little before she showed up with her claim too.

rac

whatever
ya know i think it would be worth it to look into the keep ceecee alive sentiment in d1.5
theres definitely scum in there

keeping ceecee alive is just advantageous for scum team

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok, well yeah, cat's out of the bag so now you know I'm Town since Cabot died. RIP Cabot, I poured one out for him in our Mason chat. He was so good to talk to, I'm going to miss him.

But now at least I get you for the day and night still! Yay!!!!

Fanto

Confirmed Town
He wasn't clear on you, that was one read we differed on a bit. At first I had you as one of my top suspects, but he brought up good points about Malus instead, so I swapped you two in my list.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Sorry for kind of egging that on, I just wanted to be honest with where my thoughts were on that.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Lol, good point.

His whole "re-evaluating the game after Fantomas is Town" to me reeks of him expecting me and Cabot to have been lovers tbh. He should have been re-evaluating the game after Turmoil flipped Scum, right?

That's my thought on why Scum shot Cabot btw, I think they picked up on his breadcrumbs and thought maybe we were lovers and they could get a 2 for 1. I mentioned to him that I was scared one of us might die because of that, god dammit.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I think his ones on D1 were a bit more sly, they might have missed the Bill and Ted one and thought he was just joking.

That one on D2 though, where he just straight up said "Don't shoot Fanto" that was him admittedly panicking because that was before CeeCee said he couldn't shoot again and he thought he might randomly shoot me lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Would definitely like to hear any thoughts you have on these conversations.

I feel like, for myself at least, I can kind of sit back and watch what all these other fucks do now since they all know I'm Town.

There was a list me and Cabot were keeping an eye on of people we thought might be trying to set me up for a lynch in the long term, because it felt like since I was catching some gut scum reads from people that Scum might try to capitalize on that feeling and get me all defensive since they know how I can be.

Faddy was on that list.

rac

whatever
find myself thinking brazil probably isn't scum

the same arguments im making about me not being scum can be applied to him as well

would vote faddy before brazil

also is a scum override really that out of the question?

rac

whatever
like scum brazil using his last post to say kill flux when his scummate is on the line would be incredibly bad

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, I agree with Monkey's take there about it just being open wolfing in that case. Faddy was way more sly about it though.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
As for the night modifier, I actually really wanna do Price is Right still honestly lol that sounds fun. Cabot tried to help me make it come true on N1, but it didn't win.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Any and all hot takes on Blarg are welcome here by the way lol.

I think he's Town only because when I saw him as Scum he was 100% unhelpful to Town. He was so unhelpful that he had to claim as a Neutral, which actually worked, except we lynched the actual Neutral that day, then lynched him the next day lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
When you get the chance, thoughts on the following players? Doesn't need to be too detailed or anything, just anything that sticks out about them, towny or scummy.

Natiko
TheChuggernaut
CeeCee
Sorian
Kyanrute

rac

whatever
natiko - seems alright i guess
chug - all over the place but i dont think hes scum
ceecee - dont think scum ceecee announces the shot on stan
also don't see the point of turmoil voting stan just for ceecee to end up shooting him
sorian - null, suspicious of getting pocketed by him
kyan - no idea

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, tbh, I'm kind of starting to Scum Lean on Sorian based on his play today so far.

I want to see what he does if we have Faddy and Fandorin up for the lynches, because I don't think we are seeing Sorian and Faddy on the scum team together here, but I could see Sorian and Fandorin on a team together maybe.

Otherwise yeah, that basically lines up with what I was thinking.

To be completely honest, I'm trying to figure out who I need to be sorting into my Scum Leans so I can move you into a Town Lean instead. I'd probably move Sorian and Kyan down right now.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah I was going to ask if you wanted to honestly since you know I'm Town, but I figured I'd just let you do it on your own haha.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm off to bed now though.

Like Flux just said in the thread, I'm looking forward to Fandorin's response here. Also looking forward to Faddy's return. One or both of them is Scum in my eyes.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Awake, way too early.

Doesn't look like much discussion happened overnight, I guess that what happens now that Cabot is dead.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Fran really wants you to be Scum lol. It's ok though because I would not allow that lynch to happen today. Fandorin or Faddy are getting lynched, let Fran talk all he wants.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm not sure where I land on this whole "say your name with your claim" debate.

On the one hand, a decent point is raised about a Neutral "Hunter" or whatever being in existence.

On the other hand, literally everyone but CeeCee has given their name with their claim.

It's not a bad point by Flux.

rac

whatever
i did breadcrumb my name but im not gonna bring it up because its probably all randomized anyways

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I feel like there's a difference here between Brazil and Fandorin's reactions to being called out for not going for Turmoil.

Brazil was pretty adamant earlier that he would have gone Turmoil but he was out of posts. Explains why a couple different times, citing Turmoil's role claim as the main reason.

Fandorin is still saying that he could have gone back and forth. Even just now he says he would have voted Turmoil, but it wasn't "clear cut".

Faddy had a similar reaction today too, still trying to defend Turmoil's claim basically and make that the argument against Flux, when we know now that Turmoil was lying.

Interesting reactions, just wanted to make a note of those here.

rac

whatever
i think ill just drop the flux could be scum argument

im probably just overthinking it
and in the context of turmoil trying to fish for flux's role at the beginning of the day it doesn't make sense unless he knew somehow that they both would be targets by eod
which i think is p impossible

rac

whatever
i actually just want to self vote so badly and just get this over with
ill hold of on doing it but thats where my head is at

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I was getting super frustrated yesterday with the weak-ass scum reads on me too, was kind of complaining about shit in the Mason chat, so I know how it feels. Just know that if it comes to it, I am going to go to bat for you in there and throw shade at anyone other than Fran that's trying to set you up, because it is way too easy to scum read you when people like Faddy and Fandorin are looking suspect.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Faddy voting for Brazil. Huh. He was trying to set that up earlier with his whole "I don't know why Brazil is getting a pass here" thing.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm being pocketed by Natiko. He's doing what Sophia did when she pocketed me as Scum, which is play like me lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Feeling a little worse about Chugg here. Does he drop a bus vote like that, at that time? Could be. I don't think he's been Scum before, but he's definitely on a team with some veteran players if he is Scum here, so I could see some of those votes that rolled in as being planned to get some Town cred.

rac

whatever
it's probably worth it to look at the votes when bae and ketkat were in the lead as well

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The fact that both of them have basically ghosted out of the thread has me feeling bad vibes about that paranoia of a Scum Gambit.

Bae - probably busy, but I expected more from her after the shitshow that started with her claim.

Ketkat - known low-post count player, but is a master lurker as scum. Still exhibiting those traits here today.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm basically just waiting to see what Bae has to say here now. I'm guessing she was roleblocked, that seemed to be what Fran was maybe hinting at before when he said they talked in their chat. That's probably the only real info we'll get, but I do want to see what she has for reads and who she's leaning towards voting here as one of the other "Town, Unless We Start Squinting And Looking For Scum Gambits Everywhere" players.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Here's where I am over the first 24 hours of D3 here and just watching all the conversations go down.

Town As Fuck:
Fran
FluxWaveZ

Town Claims:
Pirate Bae
KetKat
CeeCee

Town Reads:
Dr. Monkey
EzekelRAGE
Fireblend
AbsolutBro

Lean Town:
Brazil
Sorian
rac
Blargonaut
Kyanrute

Worthy of Suspicion:
Sawneeks - Possible bus vote, can't ignore my dead Mason partner's thoughts on her, if she is Scum she did seem to be wanting to find a reason to lynch Flux but then went for the bus when she couldn't find it. Fandorin flipping Scum would put her in Town though.

Lone_Prodigy - Not much to go on from him or his predecessors. Vote analysis is LP's thing regardless from my experience, so it's NAI to me.

Natiko - Possible bus vote, get a paranoid feeling like he might have been pocketing me before my claim got me out as Confirmed. That last read list from him gives me some weird thoughts too with some of the placements of players there.

TheChuggernaut - It is a possible bus vote even though I would say it's highly unlikely, but when I combine that with what I would consider the most suspect role claim in the game so far, it definitely means he's worthy of suspicion.

Scum Suspects:
Fandorin
malus
Faddy

Fanto

Confirmed Town
And yeah like I thought, she got roleblocked. So we at least have that info about the Scum team I guess.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The fact that all I had to do was ask Faddy for some Scum Reads besides Brazil, and now he's just unraveling lol. God, if he's Town then he is just having a really bad game.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I have no idea lol, he literally was scum reading you just yesterday right? That feels sooo fake.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Hmm. If he's Scum and he doesn't want to push on you, it's probably because he knows that case isn't good and that no one is going to believe that Faddy truly wants to lynch you over others.

If he's Scum, he needs to try and appear as though he has solid Scum reads for real reasons, and just like me and Sorian pointed out about LP on his list, there is no reason to have that big of a scum read on you either. It's all just "Well, bad vibes, that vote, etc. etc." I think that's why he's chasing Brazil so hard, and then trying to draw connections to his weak reads from Brazil.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I have not yet, I did Fandorin during N2 but didn't get around to doing Faddy or Malus. Natiko posted some thoughts on him in the thread today, but yeah I'd like to hear your thoughts as well if you wanna do that.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Interesting.

Turmoil also has a connection to wanting Fandorin to be the leader but in a wishy-washy way.

Malus and Turmoil both being on Terra's Scum list. Fandorin had Terra on his kill list, and kept him as his top Scum read on D1 if I remember right.

rac

whatever
wanting to iso brazil is just the icing on the cake really
what were his reasons for lynching terra exactly?

malus also voted for brazil
turmoil on stan

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh god, there's 10 pages of Brazil in the thread already lol, I'll try to go dig it out though.

rac

whatever
hmm what do you think about this post

Fran comes off as town to me today. He sounded pretty confident to have proven himself until Sorian brought up the idea of a scum universal backup. I guess if he's really an overrider now there's not much we can do about it today anyway.

Just as a side note, with Terra flipping vanilla my point from last day phase about SSWs vote is now void, which makes me feel much better about Fantomas.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-love.91092/page-51#post-16761176

Fanto

Confirmed Town
God I remember that now because he was linking us together because I made some wishy-washy meta town read on Terra lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The post from Malus there about me and Fran: Not surprised he would back down completely, he had already backed down when I first made a stink about it on D1.

rac

whatever
more about mentioning the universal scum backup

and yeah that post that tries to link you two just reads awful

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh shit, I didn't even see that. Malus talking about that role, is interesting. Verrrrry interesting. He's so new, this role hasn't been in a game he's played, what is he doing saying the name of the role on Turmoil's flip before we ever saw the name of the Backup role? All Fran ever said was Backup, right? Did Sorian use the words "Scum Universal Backup" at some point?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok nevermind, Fran claimed as Town Universal Backup. I thought that might have been a slip lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
None of those posts from Malus look good lol. Even with him throwing some shade to Turmoil, that was before Fran had narrowed his kill list down to Turmoil, right? It's just an attempt at towny points if you ask me, as is the "low hanging fruit" argument about Ketkat as Brazil pointed out on D2 about both him and Turmoil.

The worst look to me is going from putting you in his top 3 kills on D1 to handing you a lean town on D2. Where was the progression on that? What did you do to make him look Towny between those posts? What could you have done between those posts to make you look towny to him? Did he ever mention you between those posts?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
What did you do to make him look Towny between those posts? What could you have done between those posts to make you look towny to him? Did he ever mention you between those posts?
That got garbled a bit, just ignore the first of those three questions and then read it lol.

rac

whatever

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The vote for Pirate Bae is something I can not understand. That came before Fran said he was not going to use the override, correct? Why is he doing that? Scum throwing away their vote?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Something that sticks out to me, he's quoting posts from an hour ago asking him to explain his stats, yet he is quite aware of the shitshow that is currently in progress there, right? He says it right at the end, the part about it all being moot.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
So why is he even quoting those posts and explaining this all right now, when his actual take at that moment is "Lynch Flux".

rac

whatever
So why is he even quoting those posts and explaining this all right now, when his actual take at that moment is "Lynch Flux".
i think most people in the thread don't even realize that happened because brazil and faddy are getting shit for it but not him

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, I wouldn't unless people actually tried to lynch you today. I would definitely push as hard as I could for someone other than you today. There's just such better suspects in the room here after Turmoil's flip.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh btw, the vote tool didn't pick up your Malus vote there. I think it's because the the colon has a space before "Vote". Same thing happened to Cabot when he tried to vote Ketkat the other day.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Real talk, the best part about being Confirmed Town is that I can just freely interact with Blargonaut without being accused of making fluff posts or whatever lol.

rac

whatever
im just glad i got confirmed town as a loveboat

aren't you kinda wary of feeding reads to scum team?

rac

whatever
i mean im still p lost when it comes to a lot of the players but at least this chat has brought me back in a little

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The way I see it is that I would have been feeding these reads into the thread itself anyways, but since I have someone to feed them to in private, then why not? Fuck it.

Also I just really am looking at other players here as Scum tbh. I wouldn't have really thought much about you beyond the start of the day when Fran was also mentioning you. You were on my Scum list or whatever, yeah, but that was just me trying to figure out a spot to put you after I realized Malus was more likely to be Scum than you thanks to Cabot, and I didn't want to let go of my Town Leans yet.

Obviously there is the chance that you are Scum, and I'd feel pretty dumb obviously, GG, you got me. But what is there to gain? My reads are already known in the thread, I'm not going to keep the stuff we've said in here private for the whole day. I guess you can Gambit tomorrow on some bullshit and start lying about things I said, but that wouldn't get you very far I don't think.

In my last game, I got put into a Night Chat on N1 with Zeke by a Scum PR where they could read everything we wrote. I was Town Reading the whole Scum Team, and Scum Reading strong Town players, but they still decided to kill me. Why? Because I was easy to town-read in that game, and they didn't want me around for long. Basically, it's whatever to me if the Scum Team sees my reads because they'll kill me whether I'm right or wrong about them in my experience.

Top Bottom