Spectator Thread Pizza Party!

malus

#1 official chartmaker
Guess I should have called off the gambit when I saw Neeks flip. I thought it went pretty much as I expected until the lie detecter was revealed.

malus

#1 official chartmaker
I guess we could have received the items, but they were essentially useless to us. A fake red check will still get one of us lunched and a fake green check won't necessarily believed as we saw in Love Boat. The bulletproof could have helped against the day vig, but that's a really small chance. The lightning rod was basically a guaranteed no kill night no matter who got it.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I guess we could have received the items, but they were essentially useless to us. A fake red check will still get one of us lunched and a fake green check won't necessarily believed as we saw in Love Boat. The bulletproof could have helped against the day vig, but that's a really small chance. The lightning rod was basically a guaranteed no kill night no matter who got it.

No, it wasn't a guaranteed no kill night. And scum getting the cop check or the lie detector doesn't mean you USE IT. It means no one else does.

There is a second (potential) vigilante. And the doctor only works on gems, not humans.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
But the biggest advantage scum had in this game was the roleblocker, who absolutely did not need to die the way he did. That was before you entered the game but will remain the biggest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ moment unless some other ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ stuff happens.

Scum literally swung votes onto him. Not town.

Sawneeks

little green dog
and yeah, i think the items could've easily fucked over town.

Lightning Rod a Doctor or even the Loved, Cop/Lie to Scum, BP to scum, post restriction is nothing, and the memory of a move would be somewhat good for scum too.

malus

#1 official chartmaker
No, it wasn't a guaranteed no kill night. And scum getting the cop check or the lie detector doesn't mean you USE IT. It means no one else does.

There is a second (potential) vigilante. And the doctor only works on gems, not humans.
There is a doctor and a jailer? or do you mean the jailer only works on gems?

I'm not saying the game is unbalanced, I'm sure you balanced the game appropriately. I'm just a bit frustrated because in this instance it seems town got everything and scum has nothing.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
The doc only works on gems. The jailer is xshot.

And the reason scum got nothing is because from the first posts of the game, they leapt to bussing each other. That was their opening strategy. They made themselves wagons. Guess who got items? People who weren’t suspect.

Hardbussing can be a good strategy but in a swingy role madness game? It’s a risk. They’re lucky B-Dubs didn’t get one of them and got lovers instead, tbh, but the potential vig has eyes on one of the remaining scum, so.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
The doc only works on gems. The jailer is xshot.

And the reason scum got nothing is because from the first posts of the game, they leapt to bussing each other. That was their opening strategy. They made themselves wagons. Guess who got items? People who weren’t suspect.

Hardbussing can be a good strategy but in a swingy role madness game? It’s a risk. They’re lucky B-Dubs didn’t get one of them and got lovers instead, tbh, but the potential vig has eyes on one of the remaining scum, so.
hiw would the items helped scum other than keeping it out of town’s hands?At that point you are playing a game of percentages.

I didn’t even mean to start the day bussing tbh. Idek how it got there.
———————
I would’ve had so much fun with a cop check. I would’ve said I got a red check on a townie and then tried to play it off as the gifts are “malfunctioned” or something leading to a mislynch

Based solely on day 1, I really don’t regret not killing saw. She was leading the charge on the mislynch of weems.

There were meta reasons to kill saw n1 probably. But that is kinda boring imo.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Agreed meta kills are boring.

Scum could have gotten the items and lied. One of them is half broken so it probably could have been pulled off.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Doc is protecting a human... and that human happens to be the night kill target. RIP. (unless something changes)

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Was there a meta reason to off me instead N1?
Nope, lol.

We thought town would follow your reads on zbeat/stan etc and lead to another mislynch.

Although I was on the fence about leaving you a live and killing someone else and letting you push those narratives.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Kill is blocked tonight

because the jailer actually wants to protect Chuggs, but has the smallest suspicion he could be scum that no one has really noticed. Saving their shots for late game like a disciplined player. I could never.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Stick around and you wont have to wonder for long, its pretty hilarious how often she rolls scum.

hey, it wasn't that much!

please stop telling the new players this i want to be able to lie and kill them when i roll scum again thank you

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The claim timing. And checking Ketkat.

But my gut reaction might be coloured by my thinking Neon was scum. Is he?
Eh, the wait to claim might have been a bit sus I guess, but I wouldn't be too bothered by it I don't think.

As for the question in your spoiler tag:

No, Neon is Town.

The remaining Scum will be in Nested Spoiler Tag land below:

Oreo, who is a Goon, and the final Scum, who is a Role Cop, is...

pozqHRC.gif

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
On top of that, I can't determine what was supposed to balance out sugilite. The only thing I could think of was the vest, which seems odd to say the least because why would a town need to defend a town against another town.
Oh, dear little Z, how often has a vig hit scum, percentage-wise?

saenima

Not Aeleus
Eh, the wait to claim might have been a bit sus I guess, but I wouldn't be too bothered by it I don't think.

No, Neon is Town.

pozqHRC.gif

Was not expecting Chuggs. Thought it was Dubs.

Sawneeks

little green dog

No, Neon is Town.

pozqHRC.gif

that gif is beautiful. 100% saving that for future use

Sawneeks

little green dog
Town, please stop twisting my actions for evil. Please. This is reminding me of HvV all over again.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
can i just say garnet is in the fake claims and if you were gonna do this that's a better choice but holy shit three shot bulletproof? WHAT

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Nin, as someone who has claimed as an Alien Neutral Tracker as Scum, what do you make of this Neutral 3-Shot Bulletproof Bodyguard claim?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I hate when people invoke Occam's Razor but sometimes the simplest explanation really is true.

malus

#1 official chartmaker
If I've learned anything from the last 2 games it's that

1. I'm not made for that gambit live, and
2. busing isn't always the way to go.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Oh, dear little Z, how often has a vig hit scum, percentage-wise?
Z has to understand, not everyone has a shot accuracy of me in marvel mafia.

15% chance of the shot hitting.

Then the percent of hitting scum.

On top of it being a powerful scum.

On top of it being a scum splinter.

I’m not good at maths, but that shot was impossible......I made it though.

Z has to lower his expectations and don’t compare a vig to a top mafia marksman as myself.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Really wondering how this all goes down from here. Couple of mislynch days before they get scum? Do they even get scum? Will they finally lunch Neon for vague and unclear reasons???? Can Town ever escape Lion??????

tumblr_nr4vl0gO6H1qm3rsfo1_400.gif

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Scum will need a Sorian-esque fake claim that Town buys 100% in order to make it out alive at this point I think.

And I hope it happens lol.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
While I think chuggs could pull it off, I have to imagine that surviving 4 lunches must be pretty exhausting

Are we allowing full spoilers now?
I wish y'all would because I'm dying to talk about Stan's role.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I wish y'all would because I'm dying to talk about Stan's role.
Wouldn't it be great if the flavor connoisseurs ended up using his results to somehow actually solve the game? :P

Also, if you're down for spoilers going open at this point, then I'll stop tagging them, I was just waiting for you to say it was cool haha.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Wouldn't it be great if the flavor connoisseurs ended up using his results to somehow actually solve the game? :P

Also, if you're down for spoilers going open at this point, then I'll stop tagging them, I was just waiting for you to say it was cool haha.
It’s fine with me but I will let the majority decide.

oreomunsta

Crumbles under pressure *for now*
Oh what role does Stan have? I thought it was suspect how quiet he was this game, given how he's usually a bit noisier in other games I played with him

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Oh what role does Stan have? I thought it was suspect how quiet he was this game, given how he's usually a bit noisier in other games I played with him
Stan is a highly useless flavor cop - he's a conspiracy theorist in the show and when he checks someone he gets basically a random observation, but they're all from things on the show. Maybe one he's gotten was semi-useful but I don't think he realized it.

If anyone is NOT cool with spoilers, let me know - if no one does, I'll tell y'all and we'll open up.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
"The idea is that lying takes effort and because flavor is role-based in this game it's harder to maintain, especially without a working knowledge of the source material, and you're more prone to slip up and contradict something in the game, even with supplied roles"

Welllll... just reading wikis would cover it. They aren't all 1:1 or anything - they just make sense. Garnet would have been a workable claim for you there, oreo. Not Onion. Though not three shots, I mean really, who am I, Sorian?

eta: I was kinda hoping they've flip the party host, because that would throw a wrench in their dedicated flavor discussions.

Thank you! And Monkey, I had a gif of that exact scene ready to go with my claim post.

Who are the remaining meanies? Are there any neutrals? From the few flips we had mafia seemed a bit... underpowered?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Thank you! And Monkey, I had a gif of that exact scene ready to go with my claim post.

Who are the remaining meanies? Are there any neutrals? From the few flips we had mafia seemed a bit... underpowered?
1 left - who do you think it is? I'll answer the rest after.

1 left - who do you think it is? I'll answer the rest after.

If there's just one left it has to be a good role.

After Sawneeks' flip and the malus stuff I just couldn't see exodus and Stantastic as mafia.

If Neon is lying with the check he made it pretty convincing. I didn't get around to compare his reads at the time with Sawneeks', but that'd be my best guess as to why he received it.

Then you have to trust the green check on Ketkat. Unless we're thinking a Godfather, like some players talked about.

Of the remaining five I'd say Queen Kong or Ms. Bird would be my suspects. Not because I've been able to pinpoint anything too suspicious, but because it would be hell having them in late game and trying to guess if the towny look is real or not.

I kind of trust TheChuggernaut and I could see myself loving flavor discussion if I knew more about it, like Z-Beat, so I don't think that's AI.

And then B-Dubs. TheChuggernaut mentioned the nature of his command, "Smash". I was going to comment about that today too, but that's nowhere near good evidence.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
As for powers:

Town had not one, but two sets of lovers, and two vigilantes. That's wild negative utility - one vig even shot the first lovers. Second vig (Ruby) only activates if her lover is NKed, so she may not happen, but they still die together.

Mafia had role cop (Chuggs) plus role blocker, which is a powerful combo, but. On top of the that, the protective role can only target gems, and scum had no humans. And the vending machine items could have gone to anyone, which has the potential to swing the game wildly.

Sawneeks

little green dog
welcome, reki! sorry you got killed. :<

excellent job with the item though! really glad you used it so well and found scum. <3

Thank you Sawneeks! At some point after your flip it felt like a bunch of us were looking back at your stuff to figure out the game. You did super good, the only thing that gave me doubt was how confident you looked after the flips of three town players you pushed. Seems like the framing was real.

As for powers:

Town had not one, but two sets of lovers, and two vigilantes. That's wild negative utility - one vig even shot the first lovers. Second vig (Ruby) only activates if her lover is NKed, so she may not happen, but they still die together.

Mafia had role cop (Chuggs) plus role blocker, which is a powerful combo, but. On top of the that, the protective role can only target gems, and scum had no humans. And the vending machine items could have gone to anyone, which has the potential to swing the game wildly.

Ok this makes a lot of sense now.

You had me completely fooled TheChuggernaut, I had a town lean on you almost since the start. Even remembered you saying you had never rolled mafia.

What filled me with doubt was not actually knowing what happened in the last no-kill night.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
SPOILERS ARE OPEN, WHY NOT

You happened in the last no-kill night, Reki! :D

The doc happened with exo's lightning rod. exo is a gem and doc can save gems, so.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Thank you Sawneeks! At some point after your flip it felt like a bunch of us were looking back at your stuff to figure out the game. You did super good, the only thing that gave me doubt was how confident you looked after the flips of three town players you pushed. Seems like the framing was real.

Def need to learn to breadcrumb properly so all that searching would lead to something more fruitful. You guys did pretty good with it though even if it almost killed Neon. :p

to be honest all the confidence was fake and i was playing there without knowing anything that i was doing. i almost backed out of Zeke at one point and thought i was off on him up until the end of it. ( ._.)

saenima

Not Aeleus
And from the way it's going, living on the other side of the world is gonna end up killing Stan today :/

oreomunsta

Welllll... just reading wikis would cover it. They aren't all 1:1 or anything - they just make sense. Garnet would have been a workable claim for you there, oreo. Not Onion. Though not three shots, I mean really, who am I, Sorian?

My claim was based on a couple of things. About 10% of it was based on a lack of understanding the source material. 20% of it was based on a desire to, as a mere scum goon, dream big :> and the other 70% was the sheer panic that the sudden EoD swing towards me put me into, along with @Reki perfectly pointing out that Onion was already claimed. I knew I was done for at that point lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah, you didn’t have much time. If you had and had matched a watered down version of that to Garnet, you might have gotten another day at most. It was a good panic try tho!

oreomunsta

Haha yeah, but you saw in the scum chat my reaction to forgetting about Zeke's claim :p I have no doubt that using garnet would have been better

Sawneeks

little green dog
spec chats got popcorn out for this shit.
probably hoping they get another D&D rant out of it.

that better be a promise, stan. holding you to it

Was that stan being honestly pissed? I can't tell lol

Nah. Might be wrong but I feel like I know Stan enough now to say that he's throwing in the cussing for fun, not real anger. He likely is actually a bit annoyed by the same repeated arguments but I doubt he is this pissed off as all the 'fucks' may suggest.

oreomunsta

that better be a promise, stan. holding you to it

Nah. Might be wrong but I feel like I know Stan enough now to say that he's throwing in the cussing for fun, not real anger. He likely is actually a bit annoyed by the same repeated arguments but I doubt he is this pissed off as all the 'fucks' may suggest.

Ah okay. I was buying into it, but then he threw out that 6/10 comment, which seemed like a joke

oreomunsta

Btw, @heymonkey , I'm not one to beg for tags often, but if it's okay, I'd like some sort of tag that says "Crumbles Under Pressure" since I didn't play a good game this time around. Good motivator for me to work up to a "Tough Cookie" tag one day :D

Top Bottom