Costume Party |OT| The Mafia Mash

Barney

Costume Account
I really liked how chaotic last second vote was, no time for scum to react at all, we can probably feel good about a few there on that vote, specially Kool-Aid. I'll argue that scum wouldn't go for a push on zombie unless prisoner was also a scummate, but then almost everyone on prisoner (Me included) switched to zombie during the last second struggle.

I don't think this entirely clears zombie of suspicion tho, this could have been a gambit that didn't pay off, since Bob Ross was leading in votes for a while there.

I also think killing Clown is a weird choice, since Clown made the last vote on zombie (Steve and Mine got in late).

Witch

Costume Account
I really liked how chaotic last second vote was, no time for scum to react at all, we can probably feel good about a few there on that vote, specially Kool-Aid. I'll argue that scum wouldn't go for a push on zombie unless prisoner was also a scummate, but then almost everyone on prisoner (Me included) switched to zombie during the last second struggle.

I don't think this entirely clears zombie of suspicion tho, this could have been a gambit that didn't pay off, since Bob Ross was leading in votes for a while there.

I also think killing Clown is a weird choice, since Clown made the last vote on zombie (Steve and Mine got in late).
Yeah, I'm having trouble squaring up Clown dying with my theory of Zombie being scum. Clown did seem like a decent choice from a different angle; he was definitely pushing conversation, but he wasn't entirely right either (i.e. didn't want to vote Dracula).

Daenerys Targaryen

Costume Account
All the posts of Cinderella's though process on Dracula where he leaned towards a vote on Dracula, but later said he disliked the wagon. What changed that made you not wanna vote Dracula?
There was slight disdain about his roleplaying. He stopped roleplaying. This change was more interesting than his vote was. This is all I am saying.
You think they dropped it because of pressure?
Weird deflecting after the fact. Trying to change the conversation. It looked suspect. Pings scum radar hard. Especially when everything before it was mostly noise.

Curious about the defense force for him. Wanted to wait a bit before dropping a vote because it very well could be nothing. Defense force jumping in to say it's actually nothing about a pretty scummy comment makes me wonder if they know how he'll flip.
Your post was pretty extreme, it isn’t that scummy a comment at all
Extreme? How? He gets called on it and spends his next couple of posts trying to change the subject. It's pretty suspect. Never seen town just assume the amount of scum on day 1 that confidently.
Hmm I’ve read back and Dracula hasnt addressed this.

@Dracula Why’d you say there were 4 scum?
I think assuming that there are 4 scum, even nonchalantly is NAI as that’s pretty standard.But if that was the case here why didnt Dracula just say that afterwards, thats what makes them look scummy IMO
To all the nonvoters, who are you leaning towards and why?
Dracula, fairly weak reason but I don't see a better candidate yet.
[Clown quote]
Who are you going to be voting then?
I feel like Scum is happy to let the Drac wagon go on
So what’s your play?
Ngl I’m probably just gonna vote on the next biggest wagon. I looked through your case for Banana and am not really convinced there either but D1’s amirite
Vote: Prisoner

I’d rather keep Bob and Drac
Need someone to tiebreak

Daenerys Targaryen

Costume Account
Yeah, I'm having trouble squaring up Clown dying with my theory of Zombie being scum. Clown did seem like a decent choice from a different angle; he was definitely pushing conversation, but he wasn't entirely right either (i.e. didn't want to vote Dracula).
Whether he wanted to vote Dracula didn't really matter for the night kill though as he had already flipped.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
There were three official vote counts within the five minutes before your last vote. In those five minutes you made another post so then at least two of those vote totals would have refreshed for you. I find the "I was behind on the vote count" a little hard to buy.
Okay.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Except the last vote that's stuck on Zombie looks like an attempt to save so it's a weird kill unless there is some other reason. idk if it's something Clown said or if they thought it was someone (I know we aren't suppose dto speculate) or what but it's an odd kill because that is a wagon you could push as scum. So it's either they saw or thought something (Or Clown did die on a hide and something happened to the kill).

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
just collecting Clown
Master Drink, a pleasure to gulp you down.

This is a strange early game. You all are trying to make me lose my job with your clowning about early jokes, fluff and sporadic activity on hour five. I mean I wouldn't take great offence should that come to pass, your fine clown-work already might've dug up some fine nuggets here!

Dracula dropping the accent is a bigger question mark than his vote is. Spider-Man's vote was a obvious joke vote, it takes some courage for a scummie to join something like that. No courage would be needed though, were they in cahoots. Spider-Man doubling down on voting out easy fluff targets is bad.

People calling out the people calling out Spider-Man for not reading the rules, that be some sleepy work there friends.

Dany was self-aware there with Cereal Killer, what does that mean? Perhaps a tiny town thing on her part? The action of asking the questions is whatever, some people do that as scummies too but I get where folks like CK and Witch are coming from with their more stellar ratings. And then Witch turns the rating upside down, well done!
This clown thinks Prisoner and Rey are grasping at straws or at least over-reading the word vision in regards to Dany.
This I think is the case.

Prisoner's vote can easily be excused, perhaps it was a introductory joke for one. Rey on the other hand has them hints of coming from the SalvaPot scum-school of being so scummy that it hurts to look at.
Mr. President, what exactly is wrong about that comment - why is is terrible enough for you to desire the death of the detained?
I was just wondering if you tried to see it through Prisoner's eyes, apparently not. I tried thinking about what the logic could've been there, but I didn't see anything. For one, I have trouble seeing how one could clump up all the three second votes on three different targets, the circumstances around each of the votes were different and thus the conclusion to clump them all up seems odd.
And thus, Prisoner, I'd like you to expand on this:

What's the idea here? Can the same idea be used against all the three current second voters? Is there a difference, and if there is, what is it, between the second Cereal Killer vote and the second Dracula vote?
We agree on Rey, but I don't get the same vibes about Dany. Don't suppose you have a post or two of hers to quote which would illustrate why you feel like this about her?
There was an opportunity here to say that Dany did more than just present the novel idea of Serial Killer = Cereal Killer, because there was more than just that. A little more, mainly in the form of pressure - but more than the 1+1 level of an obvious idea. It is curious that you missed that opportunity - surface reading is a foul crime after all.
Your vote was a joke responding to a joke. That has a very good chance of meaning absolutely nothing. You dropping the z was you submitting to pressure and that is always noteworthy. Town-noteworthy or scum-noteworthy, the jury is still out on that.
I don't agree. I am not fully sure if the post you quoted was fully serious or not, but I don't think it even matters. If it is not serious, what is there to care about hour three banter? If it is serious, it is but one of many - she started showing hints of seriousness in her third post and thus the perceived pressure to switch to seriousness never happened where you think it happened.
This and certain other townie considerations are the reason why I am comfortable with calling the z-drop notable for now. Not more than that, to either direction.
As in would this clown support the death penalty for the incarcerated? For the record, Prisoner has not responded to my query about the infamous second voters though the response to Baby is not instilling me with confidence.

I would not oppose it yet I'd personally hold the sword arm high for now. There is a chance this turning into a bitch eating crackers -scenario with many people piling on one. I'd like to hear a bit more on the matter above and generally just anything else he has to offer.
Can you put the Banana read into more words, or even better, into things he has done that makes him town in your eyes? I personally find myself close to the camp Witch has set up so I'd like to hear why you stand where you are standing right now.
I don't get what merit does this generalization have. Dracula's vote was a joke, responding to a joke. Banana's was him being against RP. If you want to accuse people of sheeping ideas, the one idea that was being sheeped was yours - by Rey. The cases are not similar.

But now I am falling to the technicalities and shall stop. I just hope you do something with this line of thought before day end.

No conclusion needs to be achieved for some things to be called noteworthy. This is one of those things - something that could go either way with more data and time. Pressure was applied and a player was bent, or the player got bored. Which one, I do not know yet.
I do not see how you can think I am saying that. All I am saying that I don't know yet which way to conclusively call it.
There was slight disdain about his roleplaying. He stopped roleplaying. This change was more interesting than his vote was. This is all I am saying.
I am against concluding that at this point.

It was very minor indeed. Back to my original point - still more noteworthy IMO than his vote was. It was a change in behaviour and I took note of it, stopped there because there really is no reason go further on the matter right now. That is all.
Is Bob a reasonable lynch candidate in your opinion?
What's your thought here, why does scum!Dracula post the size of his team in the public like that without care? A mistake in the heat of the moment?
The guess itself, not feeling the evil in it. Four is perfectly reasonable. Not explaining it though, well, certainly a bad choice as we see here right now. I'm assuming this is a case of a ill-timed joke on his part, but it's worth hearing it from Dracula himself.
Is it? I really should word myself better then, damn it. I took your post to mean that you think that Dracula not explaining himself was scummy, whereas I tried to say that the joke was a bad thing to say because people usually latch onto things like that. I don't think it was scummy, but I know, from experience, that jokes like that can get you killed. They are fun as hell to say but man do people see demons everywhere.

And Witch is correct, the chain is there, I missed it too because it was in response to Banana who responded to Dracula combining two posts to respond to CK - one of which was the numbers comment.
through page 2 on 200 ppp

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
more but the enxt is reads so i want to post it separate
@Bob Ross your case against Dracula, is it just the "slip"?
Is it bold because nobody really is entertaining this option or what makes this move bold in your opinion? Why do you think nobody is considering Witch? Why are you considering Witch / why should we consider Witch? What do you think about Witch's top three targets?
I for one completely disagree when you say that the slip is the best thing we have. I don't think it was a slip. With that, the rest falls apart in my view. I think we should not lynch Dracula, because there is no good reason to do so. I don't really understand the opposite view to mine, the one you seem to hold, as it seems to be based on what I view as a complete falsehood.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
All right, I have time now.

I am at best a wannabe statistician, but surely three games is too little to conclude anything Dany. The playstyle bits that people have said so far ring true to me, it's just luck of the draw if the game gets the spam posters as scum or town. It could be said that the three example games shown show this variance - the middle game has 20% scum in it but scum made only 7% of the total posts, whereas in the 3rd game the numbers were 20% and 28%.

Whereas where I am standing right now, I don't get the Dracula thing and I'm considering Bob, Zombie and Cinderella for that reason. I think this is where I end up after thinking this through a bit. As I am finishing this up, Rey joins in too, me no like.

Banana is half and half. Most of the act is good, the conclusions I agree less on. This I'll read again to see if the conclusions are malicious. Could be the dark horse candidate.

Jack's formality, I feel that he tells more than does, is a slight concern to me. I'd like to see him take more of a active role if possible.

Prisoner stopped after the last bunch of posts he made. Everything there ran around the one point he made and I don't really feel it, much like many of the other things around here. @Prisoner where do you stand now in terms of the vote? Keeping me or jumping perhaps to Dracula or what?

Rey is too scummy to be scum so he is scum. A long shot in other words - a feeling, would not act on it yet.

Town guesses would be Dany and Witch. I don't harbor ill will toward CK but I can't read her yet either. Steve could be a town guess too I think. I think the rest (checks player list) are unknowns to me. Oh yeah, Dracula, lol. Don't want him out but I wouldn't rate him higher than a null capable of showing promise.
Clown's reads and honestly this plus vote placement really does make me think that's an unusual kill for n1 after a scumflip. Why reduce the number of ppl who were not on the scum wagon and who said anything in defense of Drac?

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
To be fair though sometimes they just pick someone in the middle and he was p much in the middle of the post count. I just think it's a weird pick.

Zombie

Costume Account
Avatar Changing Coward has a rough vote. Expressed no interest in voting for me, before placing one down at the last moment. Looks like a panic vote.

Zombie

Costume Account
Barney's end of day vote looks bad, but I still think he's town for reasons stated on day 1. Steve looks the worst of the two votes that did not count.

Zombie

Costume Account
Witch took his vote off Prisoner to vote me which makes him look better than most. Wondering if he, Prisoner, and Dracula are scum together. Requires further investigation. Probably unlikely.

Witch

Costume Account
On the flip side of Clown defending Dracula, I think it’s also strange they did not choose someone who voted for Dracula, either.

Let me walk through this and someone tell me where I’m missing something. Assuming all Dracula voters are town and the night kill was straight, Banana and Zombie both had a lot of suspicion levied at them, though Banana’s two chief detractors were myself and Dracula himself. Bob Ross was reading more town towards the end of day, but he still had some heat going into N1. Rey was pretty well read by town, so I’m surprised they didn’t try for him; maybe mafia though Rey was a good protection candidate. Prisoner had strong heat going into N1, also. That just leaves Kool-Aid Man. They may have counted on KAM having heat coming into D2 start, but honestly, trying to scare me into doing something stupid made me more convinced he is were town.

I guess it kind of makes sense why they didn’t choose one of those...

Zombie

Costume Account
Spider-Man is sticking out to me. Seemed scared of changing votes near the end there. Typically a scum thing.

Spider-Man

Costume Account
Yeah, but it's a prod vote and you said something so I feel better but I don't feel like unvoting so I'm gonna sit there for a while. I want to ask you for a PIK though

CK prod votes me, then goes on to say I'm suspicious to her due to a quote I made about Bob Ross maybe not being scum. It feels like she is setting herself up to vote for me later in the game, the accusations feel really cheap.

it is a bad wagon

Defending Dracula, doesn't like the Drac wagon. Admittedly I also wasn't a fan of voting Drac out, but I'm just pointing this quote out.

Bob Ross wants a reason to be mad so why not a tie
vote: Bob Ross

This vote comes after she said she finds me suspicious. At the time though I was one of the only votes on Bob, so why vote with me?

lol yes all the people moving are scum wtg you figured it out

This post just felt weird when I read it yesterday, not sure why.

In general I feel that CK's interactions with me feel...off, and I can't really explain why. I guess it feels like she is hedging her bets with me. Also, I'm a relatively quiet player that one could easily poke at to look like she's scum hunting.

Zombie

Costume Account
Vote: Spider-Man

Could go for CK, Steve, and Avatar Coward today as well. Want to get some more wagons going. Witch and Prisoner scum theory not worth pursuing today.

Jack Sparrow

Costume Account
Damn I was wrong about drac I would like my crow steamed please.

Still plenty of time and a ton of more conversations to be had but I'm going to have a very hard time looking elsewhere than Witch today. On one had the Witch and Dracula tag team seemed too obvious to be teammates but on the other hand it did seem really obvious to me.
I am facing this dilemma as well, witch was ride or die for drac but it just seems to obvious. I know I have not been super active posting and I have my share of David Hayters because of it but I will be more active when I wake up( approx ~13 hours from now). Right now I feel like that the zombie last second train was good cover for at least one mafia to shift their votes to save drac( piping hot take I know) and CKs very soft takes today makes me wary of her. Anyway I’m heading out for the night. Deuces.

Spider-Man

Costume Account
plz see my post above. You were only one off wagon except Drac.

Was hoping for a last minute Bob surge? Didn't feel comfortable voting Drac out, didn't like Prisoner either. I could maybe have voted Zombie but two of my scum reads were on him (baby and Jack) so didn't feel comfortable with that either. Banana would have been fun, but it didn't look like that was going anywhere whereas Bob still may have. Guess I ended up playing it safe, oh well.

Not sure I'd vote banana today though - he was one of the first ones on Drac.

Spider-Man

Costume Account
Could very well be that the Drac train is pure. Imo, Kool aid wound be the only suspicious one, but his erratic posts make me town read him. I wish think witch is probably town. I'd like to town read Dany for now too.

I want to look at baby closer this day phase.

Witch

Costume Account
I’m not as hot on Banana today, either. I don’t think him being first on Dracula means anything, especially for basically nothing at that point in D1, but I think the same is true for Zombie and he is way more suspect.

Spider-Man

Costume Account
Also yah I should probably re-read this thread more...

93373732.jpg

Attachments

• lolim-not-even-reading-marvel-a-gom-spider-man-meme-51273436.png
    lolim-not-even-reading-marvel-a-gom-spider-man-meme-51273436.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 22

Banana

Costume Account
@Banana I’m curious what your read on me is right not. I thought you’d be more suspicious after that awful day end.

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about you. I thought you were trying way too hard for early town cred, I never really saw the Bob issues, the whole "the person with the most posts is never bad" sequence while having the most posts, and then the whole end of day voting sequence with basically starting the Zombie train and then the late switch to Prisoner is definitely raising my eyebrows. When I put that all down yes you should be higher on my list than you currently probably sit. However part of me thinks my feelings on you are possibly just down to different play styles and having completely different reads on people than I do. You're at least asking some questions and getting some answers out of people so I guess you can stick around for a little bit anyways.

Daenerys Targaryen

Costume Account
Could very well be that the Drac train is pure. Imo, Kool aid wound be the only suspicious one, but his erratic posts make me town read him. I wish think witch is probably town. I'd like to town read Dany for now too.

I want to look at baby closer this day phase.
I can’t really read that Kool Aid vote on scum when everybody and their dog went to the counterwagon as anything but town unless the counter was scum too.

Banana

Costume Account
In general I feel that CK's interactions with me feel...off, and I can't really explain why. I guess it feels like she is hedging her bets with me. Also, I'm a relatively quiet player that one could easily poke at to look like she's scum hunting.

I do feel a bit off about CK as well. Not as off as I felt about Dracula but maybe they are being a bit too coy with things? I keep doing a mental scum tier list and I start with CK towards the middle each time but in the end they keep getting pushed up a bit. I did have a mostly positive read on them through at least the first half of D1 so I need to find some time and see where that pivot for me began and see if there is anything there.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Was hoping for a last minute Bob surge? Didn't feel comfortable voting Drac out, didn't like Prisoner either. I could maybe have voted Zombie but two of my scum reads were on him (baby and Jack) so didn't feel comfortable with that either. Banana would have been fun, but it didn't look like that was going anywhere whereas Bob still may have. Guess I ended up playing it safe, oh well.

Not sure I'd vote banana today though - he was one of the first ones on Drac.
You made a few references but never a case. Why not?

Banana

Costume Account
But it still doesn’t look like they tried to save Dracula though?

I find that scum are often more aware than town of vote counts as they know exactly who they want lunched while town is unsure.

Trying to parse out the end of the day to figure this out. At the 9:58 official vote count post it was:

Drac - 5
Prisoner - 4
Zombie - 3
Bob - 3

Three posts later, Post #704, CK switches off Bob and goes to Zombie which gave us:

Drac - 5
Prisoner - 4
Zombie - 4

Basically at that point CK made it possible for either Prisoner or Zombie to get lunched with a couple of votes swinging their way. If they really felt Prisoner then they could have just moved to Prisoner there and created a tie with possible momentum going to Prisoner.

Post #707 has Kool-Aid come off Witch and put a vote on Zombie giving us:

Drac - 5
Zombie - 5
Prisoner - 4

And then on Post #712 Kool-Aid switches to Drac in what would be the deciding vote and give us this:

Drac - 6
Zombie - 4
Prisoner - 4

And then at 9:59 DT puts in a Zombie vote, CK switches from Zombie to Prisoner, and then Clown comes in with the final official Zombie vote. The time stamps don't show seconds so no idea how much time elapsed but I'm guessing that neither one of those two really would have had time to react to your vote. That could be a completely wrong assumption but figuring the time it takes to get a post ready I don't feel like its completely out of line.

So then left field theory time if we think CK was trying to protect Dracula. If we assume that CK did not have the time to really react to DT's vote, then the last vote they would have dealt with would have been Kool-Aid switching to Dracula. Maybe she assumed that more people might be coming off Zombie after seeing that and went for the next option because if DT hadn't voted when they did it would have been 6-5 between Dracula and Prisoner. I admit that's a little bit flimsy (but I'm glad I typed it all out to try to get the sequence right in my mind) but I can see a though process that might have led to that result.

Also, and this is also a little bit grasping at straws, but in hindsight having CK and Dracula trade joke votes at the start of D1 looks a bit funny.

Witch

Costume Account
Trying to parse out the end of the day to figure this out. At the 9:58 official vote count post it was:

Drac - 5
Prisoner - 4
Zombie - 3
Bob - 3

Three posts later, Post #704, CK switches off Bob and goes to Zombie which gave us:

Drac - 5
Prisoner - 4
Zombie - 4

Basically at that point CK made it possible for either Prisoner or Zombie to get lunched with a couple of votes swinging their way. If they really felt Prisoner then they could have just moved to Prisoner there and created a tie with possible momentum going to Prisoner.

Post #707 has Kool-Aid come off Witch and put a vote on Zombie giving us:

Drac - 5
Zombie - 5
Prisoner - 4

And then on Post #712 Kool-Aid switches to Drac in what would be the deciding vote and give us this:

Drac - 6
Zombie - 4
Prisoner - 4

And then at 9:59 DT puts in a Zombie vote, CK switches from Zombie to Prisoner, and then Clown comes in with the final official Zombie vote. The time stamps don't show seconds so no idea how much time elapsed but I'm guessing that neither one of those two really would have had time to react to your vote. That could be a completely wrong assumption but figuring the time it takes to get a post ready I don't feel like its completely out of line.

So then left field theory time if we think CK was trying to protect Dracula. If we assume that CK did not have the time to really react to DT's vote, then the last vote they would have dealt with would have been Kool-Aid switching to Dracula. Maybe she assumed that more people might be coming off Zombie after seeing that and went for the next option because if DT hadn't voted when they did it would have been 6-5 between Dracula and Prisoner. I admit that's a little bit flimsy (but I'm glad I typed it all out to try to get the sequence right in my mind) but I can see a though process that might have led to that result.

Also, and this is also a little bit grasping at straws, but in hindsight having CK and Dracula trade joke votes at the start of D1 looks a bit funny.
Let me poke at this theory a bit. So you ran through the sequence of events, same as me, but your conclusion is that CK’s move from Zombie to Prisoner was to save Dracula by tying the vote.

Why doesn’t CK stay on Zombie and try to rally up more votes? There were some folks at that point who had expressed interest in voting Zombie, but less so for Prisoner.

If CK was trying to save Dracula, why doesn’t she switch back to Zombie when she reads the DT and Clown votes? She made another post right at day end, after her vote to Prisoner, but it wasn’t to switch back; it was to respond to your post about scum getting nervous.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
So the vote tool may just be hosed for Outer Mafia for now. If you look at the timeline it doesn’t even make sense as for day 1, and nothing I do seems to want to kick off day 2. So back to manual counting, please bare with me.

Vote Count:

Cereal Killer - 2
Bob Ross - Post #758
Spider-Man - Post #778

Spider-Man - 2
Cereal Killer - Post #787
Zombie - Post #821

Daenerys Targaryen - 1
Baby - Post #786

Barney

Costume Account
I actually think that if scum wanted to move post to save Dracula (Something I kinda doubt because of how fast it all was), I think they would move votes to Bob Ross who was more likely to tie or take over the vote, if the prisoner push didn't work out. Of course I am part of them Zombie votes, so yeah.

Banana

Costume Account
Let me poke at this theory a bit. So you ran through the sequence of events, same as me, but your conclusion is that CK’s move from Zombie to Prisoner was to save Dracula by tying the vote.

Why doesn’t CK stay on Zombie and try to rally up more votes? There were some folks at that point who had expressed interest in voting Zombie, but less so for Prisoner.

If CK was trying to save Dracula, why doesn’t she switch back to Zombie when she reads the DT and Clown votes? She made another post right at day end, after her vote to Prisoner, but it wasn’t to switch back; it was to respond to your post about scum getting nervous.

I actually started with the conclusion and wanted to see if the sequence of events fit that. It definitely contained a healthy dose of conjecture (although CK admitted right under your post that it was her intention to save Dracula) but I did see a possibility there. What intrigued me most was the switch from Bob to Zombie which tied Zombie and Prisoner instead of switching to Prisoner to begin with and creating the tie with Dracula. I still don't know what to do with that, especially with CK's admission that they were trying save Dracula.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Sometimes town votes wrong. No one should get thrown to the pigs for a bad d1 vote alone but add it to your list of things and keep going. Fact is more then four (lol) people had bad votes at end of day.

I am curious about how the first half of day developed around Drac because a lot of people jumped on there with shade and some with votes but since there's no search I guess I'll be re-reading. Probably another quote dump coming and then i will go through the Clown quotes i posted and stuff about Drac after I get it all in one place.

Zombie

Costume Account
I actually think that if scum wanted to move post to save Dracula (Something I kinda doubt because of how fast it all was), I think they would move votes to Bob Ross who was more likely to tie or take over the vote, if the prisoner push didn't work out. Of course I am part of them Zombie votes, so yeah.

Don't understand why you're approaching this with the attitude that the vote was pure. It's not all scum, but scum jumped on it for sure. Jumping on a pile vote to save a scum mate makes sense.

Barney

Costume Account
Don't understand why you're approaching this with the attitude that the vote was pure. It's not all scum, but scum jumped on it for sure. Jumping on a pile vote to save a scum mate makes sense.
Well, that scum is on the vote is the obvious answer, but I was on that vote and I can tell you that I was also not feeling the Draks vote so I went for you, who I felt worse about.

You can't deny there is a chance this may also have been a scum vs scum situation. If you think someone who voted you is scum, who would that be?

Zombie

Costume Account
Well, that scum is on the vote is the obvious answer, but I was on that vote and I can tell you that I was also not feeling the Draks vote so I went for you, who I felt worse about.

You can't deny there is a chance this may also have been a scum vs scum situation. If you think someone who voted you is scum, who would that be?

Think I spent all day yesterday bussing my team mate? You thought that, but did everyone on the vote? I've already given my reads list. This post just seems like you're looking for an excuse to stay in a tunnel.

Barney

Costume Account
Like, the weirdest thing about this is that its clear this was a post made for day end, and lamenting not voting for zombie. If CK knew this post would make it in before the deadline, then CK would have probably voted for zombie, instead of making this post about how much she dislikes not been able to stay there.

So if she had the chance to tie it or flip to zombie, she didn't want to take it. For some reason.

It reads like she knew what the result of either flip would be, so she didn't want to get herself in trouble either way. But still wanted to make a publc note of it.

Barney

Costume Account
Think I spent all day yesterday bussing my team mate? You thought that, but did everyone on the vote? I've already given my reads list. This post just seems like you're looking for an excuse to stay in a tunnel.
Not really, I don't think you are actually scum now, hell, I didn't even believed you were scum when I voted for you back then.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
If CK knew this post would make it in before the deadline, then CK would have probably voted for zombie, instead of making this post about how much she dislikes not been able to stay there.
(I actually thought it would not be! quit trying to snitch)

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Not really, I don't think you are actually scum now, hell, I didn't even believed you were scum when I voted for you back then.
So it was just to save Drac?

Actually this is a good question for everyone: as of END OF DAY ONE, how would you have ranked the wagons, from town to scum:

Mine was:
Drac: towniest
Prisoner: null but less town than Drac
Zombie: scumread

please DON'T give updated now-reads yet when you answer, I just want to know about day one

Barney

Costume Account
because I am slow typing the highlights
I can relate, I was late because of that.

Buuut you could have tried, your post is long enough for that, I think. One vote, no need to justify, with the time ticking and since you claim you think that post would make it before the deadline.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I can relate, I was late because of that.

Buuut you could have tried, your post is long enough for that, I think. One vote, no need to justify, with the time ticking and since you claim you think that post would make it before the deadline.
Probably could have but I didn't so oh well. Everyone will probably keep asking about it but I really don't have anything to say. I voted and it was bad. But i have some time now so I'm going to go look at the posts I mentioned earlier

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
A brief timeline of Drac:

Dracula jumped on my vote, I called him out for it.

#97 Jack Sparrow agrees Drac’s vote is suspicious but doesn’t think it matters much

When questioned, Jack Sparrow is very hedgy

All I am saying is that while Dracula looks sus right now I do not have any strong feeling in regards to whether they are scum or not. I am not saying that they aren't on my radar though
When questioned again, Jack doesn’t have any thing to be suspicious on otherwise #113

Banana votes Drac based on the accent in #115

Dany townreads Drac #116 (this was the "vision" comment too)

Banana asks if they are scum togehter #188

Banana jokes more about Drac as scum #123

Spider-man defends Drac and townreads the second vote on wagon placement #124

Dany hedges on Drac:
If there’s something bad about Dracula it’s his absence after receiving pressure, but that could have many reasons. The responses he did give didn’t have a layer of dishonesty you’d expect from the evils.

Witch also hedgy
Spider-Man is just trying to get the ball rolling. Dracula is more sus, but the vote doesn’t seem to have much thought behind it, either. I think folks holding Dracula accountable are justified, even though I think it’s probably nothing.

Drac reappears and replies to being called absent. Asks if Spider-Man has a scumread on me or on anyone else. (that's the vote he followed lol) #158

Drac asks about me more:
There iz about a 0% chance zat your page 1 vote will lock you in on voting zomeone. I don't underztand your logic.

How about Cereal'z rezponze to the two vote wagon? Did you find zat zcummy or towny, and did that impact your read on Zpiderman azzociatively?

#161 doesn't want to talk about deep wolves (interesting in hindsight eh)

Drops accent in #162

Drac got a suspicious vibe because i reacted to his vote for reaction #181

#182 is the post about four scum in the game

Bob Ross was first to point this out (this has been said before) in #186

Barney calls out accent drop in #187

I call out scum number also in #188

Bob and I discuss Drac being gone from the thread post slip, Barney says is coincedence

Banana answers for Barney when asked and agrees it is coincedence

Drac reappears in #197.

Barney says four scum is a guess, not a slip #198

Drac does not answer bob but answers me regarding slip:
This isn't really making you look any less strangely defensive. I'll leave interpretation of that comment up to you.

Zombie's very first in-game post is adding on to the slip
Oh didn't realize we were starting. I'm seeing the usual day 1 of joke votes followed by people taking those joke votes seriously is going full steam.

This is a hell of a bad post though. Further investigation is required.

Continued in next post. will have a summary post after

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Drac, continued

Banana goes after Drac (he's already voting there)
It's also making you like you're completely trying to deflect any attention away from yourself which quite frankly is looking very defensive.
(I agreed right after)
Drac answers
I don't understand what I'd be deflecting, it was a joke post. My sporadic activity? It's forum mafia, people leave the computer to do things for a few hours.

Barack Obama comes in
Just checking, are 4 scum the standard number for games this size? Just gauging whether or not Dracula slipped or made a safe assumption re scum numbers :spy:

DT says four is standard in 17 (it's a gme of 18 though?)

Clown comes in #212 and says Drac dropping the accent under pressure is more notable than the slip

Witch comes in, and tbh I didn't understand this post at the time and understand less now
So if folks think Dracula disappeared after the first sign of pressure to consult with scummates, why didn’t he do that before voting? And why has his behavior remained completely unchanged after supposedly consulting with them after the vote?

#215 Prisoner asks Barney what they think of Drac
Asks Zombie if they learned anything about Drac

Spider-man comes in #216 with a summary post (but didn't get everyone) quoting won't work and I'm not sure if link will whil eI'm on 200 ppp

But he missed Banana and DT reactions, got me, Bob, Barney, and Zombie, and Rey who more commented on comments
I like the Zombie call out here, don't think Spider and Zombie are w/w

Bob Ross doesn't want me to get town points for also pointing out the slip, which is fine, he was first

Baby says Drac's post is fine #222

I said let Drac suffer for a while with votes on him and people talking about the slip to see how he reacts #230

Jack defends Drac in #232 and asks Zombie about what kind of investigation.

Dany defends Drac again in #236 and says Drac has been sharing thoughts and Bob Ross hasn't.

Drac reappears in #253 to ask Cinderella a question and ask how to ISO

Responds to Clown about dropping the accent #254 - makes me wonder a little if scum was worried that Clown was too sharp to let live but that's an aside but since it's the only thing he really responded to its interesting

Drac townreads? Dany #257, null on Rey

says mindmelding with Clown #258 - that was definitely a pocket attempt lol RIP Clown

Drac says if he had a shot he would kill Banana in #260 but also shades Bob Ross

I skipped a few posts here because they don't seem that relevant, talking to Witch about Rey

Clown reiterates that the accent drop was notable

Drac townreads Rey after the earlier null read - #266

Drac keeps trying to pocket Clown in #269, asks Dany for scumleans in #271

Rey would kill Drac or Bob Ross in #273

I said inv Drac in my PIK #280

Bob Ross would kill Drac #290

in his reads in #298, Banan says his initial vote on Drac was a joke and now he wants to keep it because Drac is deflecting

Banana's scum team there is Drac, Rey or Dany, Spidey, Kool-Aid

Baby in #299 says she disagrees with Clown about Drac's accent

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
just talking to myself lol

This starts out on Drac but also shades Banana a little
Bananas vote is okay I think. It is clear it's a joke vote and I expect it to change or be supported by actual arguments. Draculas vote is also in the same direction, but it leaves itself some room to come back to the same argument, should the first voter insist on his reasoning.

Prisoner and Clown went back and forth ehre for a while about the accent thing

Cinderella comes late to the party in #307 and asks Clown if he thinks Drac was pressured

Witch does not think Dracula felt pressured. #308

Jack comes back, once again answers something and then asks Zombie a question. This is a weird pattern
Eh I don’t agree with this sure I was a little sus but I said I didn’t really read much into it and I think the “slip up” and the accent drop don’t really hold much weight.
But @Zombie could you clarify how you would investigate Dracula’s post? You’ve been quiet so far.

I think this is about Drac. The next one is for sure

Weird deflecting after the fact. Trying to change the conversation. It looked suspect. Pings scum radar hard. Especially when everything before it was mostly noise.

Curious about the defense force for him. Wanted to wait a bit before dropping a vote because it very well could be nothing. Defense force jumping in to say it's actually nothing about a pretty scummy comment makes me wonder if they know how he'll flip.
Zombie kinda hostile and very certain that the accent is nothing
Dracula dropping the writing style does not matter. Irrelevant and noisy. Probably just got old. It's NAI.

But I guess Zombie is for sure scumreading because of the slip
Extreme? How? He gets called on it and spends his next couple of posts trying to change the subject. It's pretty suspect. Never seen town just assume the amount of scum on day 1 that confidently.

Cinderella says hmm, Drac hasn't addressed this and tags Drac and asks about the 4 scum

Bob and I said Drac's slip was a problem

The next several posts are about this. Clown asks if we think it was a mistake. I said maybe. Cinderella said it's NAI but that Drac didn't follow up was scummy. Zombie said it was a slip/mistake. Clown agrees with Cinderella. Witch says Drac did address it (he didn't, really) Banana... uhhh, I think this is negative on Drac but I'm not sure
For me with Dracula the first post concerning that felt like a deflection and before saying it was a joke post. Like his first instinct was to try to turn it on someone else rather than defend his statement.

Drac came back and again tries pocketing Clown in #342, this is really the saddest thread in the game right now lol. Dead player tries pocketing other dead player, film at 11

Drac does math and comes to 4 #344

I call people out for not having voted Drac. Zombie immediately votes Drac #348 and says he was just waiting for me. Witch asks if anything would have convinced Zombie. Witch defends Drac. #350

Baby calls Drac an easy target and votes Zombie #351

Banana says Drac's reaction was bad #353

Witch doesn't agree with the Drac reads but is fine with letting people explore Drac (what weird phrasing)

Rey asks if we're bussing Drac lol #364

Witch asks if that's a slip. Jack Sparrow does NOT and just runs with it #366

Rey scumreads Drac #367

That's the end of that page and i'm tired

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
midpoint summary post

Who all said something about the accent

Minecraft Steve #90 #99
Banana #115 (and voted)
Barney made fun of it in #194, called out in #187
Clown called Drac out for dropping under pressure
Prisoner disagreed with Clown about the accent
Baby disagreed with Clown about the accent
Zombie said it didn’t matter, it was NAI - #320

Said Drac's 4 was a slip:
Bob Ross
Me
Zombie (in his first post) Zombie again in #324

Said it was not a slip:
Barney
Banana
DT* (said it was a standard number at least)
Baby
Jack Sparrow

Neither:
Barack Obama (asked the thread what to think)
Cinderella - maybe not a slip but not following up was scummy

Vote: Jack Sparrow

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
I'll do more of this later but for now I get a lot of vibes from Jack Sparrow and Baby in particular. I felt really bad about Zombie again for a while because he had a bad entrance but the aggro way of approaching things feels more town on a reread but i would not guarantee it. Bob Ross is town. Rey probably town and just saying bus instead of vote. Banana im not sure about. There are a lot of connections between Banana and Drac.

Prisoner feels scummy to me on a reread, a lot of sus posts and timing that could be deflecting but the very cautious self preservation vote on Drac is interesting, might want to look at timing around that to see how everyone else was looking at the time. wish vote tool was working :-( Null leaning scum there for now.

Bob Ross

Costume Account
Ok so this is where I'm at.
Town:
Banana
Zombie
Me
Rey
Prisoner
KM

Lean Town:
Baby
Cinderella

Null:
BO
Witch
Barney
SM

Lean Scum:
JS
DT
MS

Scum:
CK

Prisoner

Costume Account
So I was looking at the voting at day end and made some observations:
Cereal started off-wagon but then switched to Zombie first. This brought him 1 away from Dracula and tied with Banana in second place, but at this point it didn't look like that Train was going anywhere. After that Bob started to get steam and Cereal switched there as well, creating a tie between Dracula and Bob. When the Bob train lost steam again he switched back to Zombie, after Witch started that train again. Then in the last moment Cereal switched to Prisoner without giving a reason. I feel like this switch was to get off wagon should Zombie be lunched, which almost happened had the last two votes not been too late.
It's also of note that he avoided voting Banana in this whole affair.

I would also like to have a look at Steve and Barney, who were late with their vote. They both had a vote on Prisoner before and were mostly observing the day end, but then switched to Zombie in unison. The fact their votes are so synchronized makes me doubt they are both Scum, but I could see at least one. The Zombie train was in full steam at that point and I think it would have been easy to hide in it. However, this whole scenario kind of conflicts with a Scum!Cereal theory.

Witch switching from Prisoner to Zombie when it was tied looks townie to me. This vote started the whole Zombie train in the end and I think Scum used this to jump on it.

Daeneris is still an open point for me. She started out off wagon on Steve but then switched to Bob, who she had voted once before already. In the end she was among the last minute Zombie voters and brought him 1 away from Dracula, but her vote didn't seem to come out of nowhere like many others did.

Not sure what to make of Cinderella. There isn't much to work with except for a random vote on Prisoner, which brought me in the lead. He then asks for a tie break when it was Dracula vs Zombie, not sure why he couldn't do it himself.

@Barack Obama what do you think about the day end?

Also can we use other nicknames instead of 2-letter-abbreviations? I always struggle to remember what each abbreviation stands for.

Bob Ross

Costume Account
Also can we use other nicknames instead of 2-letter-abbreviations? I always struggle to remember what each abbreviation stands for.
I'm too bored for that, I think it's pretty easy what they stand for.

What makes Cinderella a lean town? I feel a bit iffy about his Dracula read.
I picked up the Dracula votes from the end votes so they are in that order. Cinderella is lower on the lean town list and maybe close to a null. It's mostly a gut read based on D1.

Banana

Costume Account

Actually this is a good question for everyone: as of END OF DAY ONE, how would you have ranked the wagons, from town to scum:

Mine was:

please DON'T give updated now-reads yet when you answer, I just want to know about day one

Dracula: My strongest scum read
Prisoner: Slight town read but I did note that earlier that I could see the argument that they were just being a bit too safe with what they were saying and their activity level
Zombie: null, hadn't really examined Zombie enough for a real opinion and the train felt like it came out of nowhere for me

Witch

Costume Account
RIP clown, you were funny

loooooooooooooooool welp guess that really was a slip from Drac so maybe the other potential slips should be looked at. I didn’t have time to look at the thread over night and only did a little poking this morning but the way we were swapping votes around I think the Drac wagon looks pretty good right now, not really anyone there I'm worried about because that would be a risky vote. i wanna know about this though

also wanna know how you feel about ba-nae-nae now and why you wanted him to be target #1 if you died
Witch also hedgy
Witch comes in, and tbh I didn't understand this post at the time and understand less now

You've been soft-pedaling me all day. If you have a question for me, ask it. If you think I'm scum, vote for me.

Witch

Costume Account

Mine was:

Same reads as yours.

Witch

Costume Account
I actually started with the conclusion and wanted to see if the sequence of events fit that. It definitely contained a healthy dose of conjecture (although CK admitted right under your post that it was her intention to save Dracula) but I did see a possibility there. What intrigued me most was the switch from Bob to Zombie which tied Zombie and Prisoner instead of switching to Prisoner to begin with and creating the tie with Dracula. I still don't know what to do with that, especially with CK's admission that they were trying save Dracula.
I think "saving Dracula" in this context is an interesting stance to dissect, too. Like you said, trying to tie up Dracula and Prisoner at that moment would have made more sense than trying to surge Zombie up, even if Zombie picked up momentum a few votes later. CK switched to Zombie first though, and as Zombie was getting close to tying or surpassing Dracula, she jumped off to Prisoner. Maybe the intent all along was to try to force a tie, but she put her chips on the wrong horse, not anticipating any additional Zombie votes coming in at 1-2 minutes from day end.

But the problem here is, I don't think CK would want to tie it up.
As a town, while I did not want to lynch Dracula, I firmly believe in a D1 lynch; I would have taken Dracula over no lynch. I stated my intent to not have a tie while I was still on Banana. CK has shown good understanding of mafia logic, so I don't think a town!CK would want to have a tie. Scum!CK wouldn't want this, either. Dracula would only be her first ally down. She and other mafia would want to leverage that death to build their town cred. If anything, CK destroyed a bunch of her town cred during that day end panic. I've been there, I know what that's like. CK's other options here were to stay on Zombie, which would have resulted in a tie at end of day; unvote, which would have kept Dracula in the lead; or hammer Dracula, which is the move I most would have expected from scum!CK in that moment.

Don't get me wrong, I am still really suspicious of CK, but I am trying to keep a level head and consider as many angles as possible. I tend to tunnel in on certain narratives and they tend to be wrong.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Vote Count:

Cereal Killer - 2
Bob Ross - Post #758
Spider-Man - Post #778

Spider-Man - 1
Cereal Killer - Post #787 Post #862
Zombie - Post #821

Daenerys Targaryen - 1
Baby - Post #786

Jack Sparrow - 1
Cereal Killer - Post #862

Rey- 1
Kool-Aid Man - Post #870

Minecraft Steve

Costume Account

Mine was:

Dracula: of these the most town
Zombie: Who I (late) voted for when I thought you (CK) tied it.
Prisoner: my most scummy of the three

I'm glad my late vote didn't go in, But I really had thought you tied it with 1 minute to go. The tool was down, I thought I had one minute to decide which meant not enough time to recount.

Minecraft Steve

Costume Account
I tentatively agree with Bob Ross and Spider-man. I think the day end shenanigans were kicked off by CK and coupled with the tool not working caused us to luckily still kill Scum. CK tried to save their scum buddy and luckily it failed.

Vote: Cereal Killer

Baby

Costume Account

You can just call me Bab if you like.

Also, I have awoken!

I tentatively agree with Bob Ross and Spider-man. I think the day end shenanigans were kicked off by CK and coupled with the tool not working caused us to luckily still kill Scum. CK tried to save their scum buddy and luckily it failed.

Vote: Cereal Killer

How are you getting that they were kicked off by CK when Witch voted within the same minute but before CK on Zombie?

Witch

Costume Account
I might just be overthinking things. Cereal Killer's behavior is just plain suspicious.

VOTE: Cereal Killer

How are you getting that they were kicked off by CK when Witch voted within the same minute but before CK on Zombie?
I did what I said I was going to do at the top of the previous page:

This is me stating my intent to move to Zombie to avoid a tie or block a Dracula lynch.

Baby

Costume Account
I might just be overthinking things. Cereal Killer's behavior is just plain suspicious.

VOTE: Cereal Killer

I did what I said I was going to do at the top of the previous page:

Dang, baby brain strikes again. That's a pretty fair point, doesn't clear you completely in all that chaos, but yeah, that's fine for now

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
So today I seem to be the only person not looking just at EoD votes, but I’m leading vote count by wide margin. You guys are funny. Who do you look at when I flip town?

Minecraft Steve

Costume Account
So today I seem to be the only person not looking just at EoD votes, but I’m leading vote count by wide margin. You guys are funny. Who do you look at when I flip town?
Prisoner, The flip off of Prisoner onto Zombie is also suspect maybe a higher value scum team.

Then off gut reads Banana and Baby in that order.

Witch

Costume Account
Why don't you tell us? Do you think anyone voting for you right now is scum? Do you think scum is avoiding voting for you?

Witch

Costume Account
I'm still feeling Zombie. I think his behavior from yesterday still stands as highly suspect.

Cereal Killer

Costume Account
Why don't you tell us? Do you think anyone voting for you right now is scum? Do you think scum is avoiding voting for you?
Oh cool you didn’t read anything I posted, that’s neat, good talk

I think I’ll go back to talking to myself so there can be a lot of handwringing tomorrow after you kill me and people decide what I have been doing is worthwhile. But I will say this: there are a lot of people who had bad votes, but I didn’t try to make up some kind of story to make my vote look good, I just started digging into the thread. There are people who are not even posting, not interacting, not doing anything but watching and you and everyone else are letting them slide.

Witch

Costume Account
Oh cool you didn’t read anything I posted, that’s neat, good talk

I think I’ll go back to talking to myself so there can be a lot of handwringing tomorrow after you kill me and people decide what I have been doing is worthwhile. But I will say this: there are a lot of people who had bad votes, but I didn’t try to make up some kind of story to make my vote look good, I just started digging into the thread. There are people who are not even posting, not interacting, not doing anything but watching and you and everyone else are letting them slide.
You posted a lot of quotes and a summary + vote that doesn't say much. I can tell you, not wanting to cooperate is just going to hurt town. Whether town is against you or not, you have to remember we're on the same side and if you're going to rely on us course-correcting after you die and flip town, then you have to give us more to work with.

Daenerys Targaryen

Costume Account
Family visit that’ll last a couple of weeks, this evening I know it’ll keep me busy and there’s a high chance I’ll be busy during EoD, but I’ll try to sneak in some posts.

Zombie

Costume Account
You posted a lot of quotes and a summary + vote that doesn't say much. I can tell you, not wanting to cooperate is just going to hurt town. Whether town is against you or not, you have to remember we're on the same side and if you're going to rely on us course-correcting after you die and flip town, then you have to give us more to work with.

This whole post is worded like you know she'll flip town

Top Bottom