Toad House - Spec Chat

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
I'm temped to take Alexem's bet but I would like to know how broad the definition of "Coolest Gambit" is
I'll leave that to Salva's discretion. He usually admits to testing for reactions once his bluff gets called, though.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The thing with Coolest is like, yeah it is a fair observation that he does *sometimes* value his own fun in the game over the good of his team, especially as Town.

However, one doesn't really need to look any further than LiS: BtS Mafia to see a more reigned in Town CoolestSpot. He did pull a Gambit in there, but he quickly retracted it and came clean with the true info once he realized he was playing in a semi-open setup, and for the rest of the game he was very into scumhunting. He can be pretty sharp in these games, I think he truly shines in later stages of the game when he has a lot of info to work with. If he's still fucking around or playing dumb at that point, he's probably Scum, like in Love Boat 3 lol.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
from experience, defending town coolestspot from being policy lunched is tiring and you would look like a moron if this time he was scum for real. So normally I wouldn't complain at town for letting him go, but the problem here is that they want to lunch him for what he *isn't* doing lol

Fanto

Confirmed Town
20a3a0V.png

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The context being that Coolest had just lied about receiving a message before turning around and telling the truth lol.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
I'm reading through the Nintendo beta stuff thread on Era. If our Luigi ends up getting lunched, I can't help but think this discovery from the Mario World beta's too good to not get used somehow:
NYiEjeA.png

turmoil7

I lose the bet at #714, I think they will pass that handily, should had bet for 225 for a nail biter

turmoil7

As for reads I still think Brazil is scum, Natiko makes me feel uneasy now, too. Vere is town. Jman and Coolest lean town. Uzzy ?? no idea really, but wouldn't vote out today

turmoil7

I think I will always push for coolest policy lunches (when he starts his act) from now on, frankly tired and bored of it

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Before Uzzy gets here, I'd just like to say that I appreciate her support in D1 and the thought that she was trying to pocket me never once crossed my mind. Nuh-uh. Not at all.

turmoil7

I call a loss on my side, by Coolestspot gambit I expect crazier than a self vote

SalvaPot

YEAH
D1No takersfantoAeleuslokiduckturmoil7RESULT
turmoil7I bet 35 coins there will be less than 200 posts next day phasefanto wins 35, turm lost 35Way over
turmoil7I bet 10 coins on Fran being night killedturm wins 10, aeleus lost 10Fran was killed
AlexemI'll bet twenty coins that CoolestSpot will NOT attempt a gambit today.Awaiting deliveration
FaddyI bet 20 coins that majority will be hit with more than 10 minutes left in the day phaseloki wins 20, faddy lost 20Mayority was not reached before day end
Special EventTurmoil7 lend 30 coins to Aeleus in exchange of an avatar change. This coins will be given back at the end of the game if Aeleus has them., lost otherwise

StandingsStart N1Bet during N1/D2Won During N1/D2Lost during N1/D2Special EventPhase change BonusTotalPending bets
turmoil7110651035-30106520
lokiduck70201080
Kopite5050
Fanto5035351095
Faddy40201050
Aeleus101010301040
Alexem5020106020

StandingsTotalPending bets
Fanto95
lokiduck80
turmoil76520
Alexem6020
Faddy50
Kopite50
Aeleus40

Bets are up to predict who dies today! You can also start betting on events to happen during the day. Remember all new players start with 50 coins.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I kind of feel like I'm cheating by placing bets in a game where I know everything already, but then I remember that pretty much all of my bets have been based on post counts lol.

I do feel like I kind of cheated when I took Faddy's bet about Fran's post count though, because I knew there was no way in hell that Neutral Fran was going to have the most posts on D1 lol, sorry Faddy :P

Looks like Salva agreed to your conditions for me Turm... what's my avatar?

(I hate how I still have the least coins)

turmoil7

I think I'm gonna settle for Brazil and Z-Beat being mafia, so who would they kill?

Vere is too easy

Natiko would be a fine pick but I think they would go for something unusual and spicier, like J-man or Launchpad

I bet 15 coins at launchpad being night killed

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Is Coolest Mario? He has posted 4 Mario gifs in the thread.

:pikathink:

Last edited:

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
@turmoil7 , @Alexem , about your bet (Coolestspot gambit), it is allowed, how do you feel about it? If you both can't agree on a winner, I'll judge it myself.
I call a loss on my side, by Coolestspot gambit I expect crazier than a self vote
I'll accept it if turmoil's fine with it. A self-vote feels more like silliness - Spot gambits usually involve him saying he knows something or did something to see who bites. He's definitely being more restrained than I'd expect in this game - whether that's the New Improved CoolestSpot™ or he's acting under orders, though, I'm not sure.

lokiduck

I'll accept it if turmoil's fine with it. A self-vote feels more like silliness - Spot gambits usually involve him saying he knows something or did something to see who bites. He's definitely being more restrained than I'd expect in this game - whether that's the New Improved CoolestSpot™ or he's acting under orders, though, I'm not sure.
What about how he accused Jman suddenly of being scum and even being inactive in the thread until Jman called him out on it and he gave him props for calling out his bluff?

It was a definitely not as crazy as his regular gambits but still seemed like a weird gambit. XD

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I am going to be up front when I say the following bet is being made by me right now because of things I know that none of you know yet, so I don't expect any of you to take it, this is more for my own fun and to say I called it early.

Think of it like, a Final Bet, as they would say on Easy Allies. I'll even spoiler tag it just in case people don't want their own reads or bets to be influenced by it.

I bet all of my coins that Scum is going to win this game.

turmoil7

I am going to be up front when I say the following bet is being made by me right now because of things I know that none of you know yet, so I don't expect any of you to take it, this is more for my own fun and to say I called it early.

Think of it like, a Final Bet, as they would say on Easy Allies. I'll even spoiler tag it just in case people don't want their own reads or bets to be influenced by it.

bloody_feberge_egg_xbjbb.png

I take that bet

The coins I lack to match Fanto, she can pick my avatar for the same amount of days

Last edited:

SalvaPot

YEAH

bloody_feberge_egg_xbjbb.png

I take that bet

The coins I lack to match Fanto, she can pick my avatar for the same amount of days
I agree to these stipulations.
Agreed on all parties, I give it my blessing.

BUT WITH A TWIST.

Since this is an all-in bet, I WON'T take the coins you have right now. No, I am going to take the coins either of you have AT THE END OF THE GAME. Whoever has less coins at the end of the game will have to stake their avatar to make up the difference.

That way you both can keep playing with the games in the game.

As for the other players, you can also make all-in end game bets with other players, but in case one player bets all-in with a player that already is all-in with another player, the first bet takes priority.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
If Spot's town, then I don't doubt for a minute that scum will use him as an apple of discord for as long as they can. I have to wonder if Maol was the target or if he took the bullet - if turmoil hadn't got in first, then I'd have considered betting on Launchpad going out myself.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
If I am reading between the lines of what is going on here then I would say Z-beat is a cop with red check on coolest.

He dropped the line about "extra info" and I know from LiS: Scab Mafia that he isn't really into harassing coolest's style of play. And and his volume of posts today is what he does when he knows something. When he is figuring stuff out he is one of the tightest players. Very few posts, not a lot of strong opinions.

My instincts also say coolest is partners with Natiko. Because Nat is always trying to town read but not heavily back his partners. So when I see his list with 2 town and 2 scum I am always assuming he has a partner wedged in the middle group.

turmoil7

I should had placed a bet on coolest messing up a hightlight tag when I had the chance, I will do again

10 coins to CoolestSpot will incorrectly use the highlight tag/vote command at least once during what is left of his tenure in this game

(Note this is after post #974 where he just did that)

turmoil7

Natiko is angry, seems authentic but he also fakes it...

Honestly I don't have idea who could be scum, I hope town has a fruitful investigator alive

Considering my role there's got to be a PR worth protecting on town's side. Must just not have found anything on both nights.

I also don't get this angle against Z-Beat. What does a scum Z-Beat get by killing me. I wasn't even looking at him, the only benefit to killing me if he's scum is if one of his partners is Launchpad or Vere.

Who, I should mention, are being absolutely ignored this phase so far.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'll probably go open spoilers in here after this day phase, the things I know are too hard to keep to myself, and I want you all to know what's going on in there too lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I've been craving some good Brazil posts this whole game lol, loving all of this from him right now.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
If Brazil's serious about his stance on today being MyLo, surely he should be pushing for no lunch instead of voting for Vere. Hmm.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'll go open spoilers in here soon, so last call for reads before we move into LyLo tomorrow.

turmoil7

Yeah, I got the feel they are just relaxing watching everything burn

VereLaunch for scum

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok, I'll put out a countdown to spoilers in here, just so we have a timeframe for anyone that stops by and wants to give some reads before all is revealed.

SPOILERS WILL BE OPEN IN:
8l6pvb70gx

==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Z-Beat (4 votes) – (Natiko, CoolestSpot, LaunchpadMcQ, Verelios)
CoolestSpot (2 votes) - (Z-Beat, jman1954goat / Jman)
Verelios (1 votes) – (Brazil)

==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Uzzy (4 votes) – (LaunchpadMcQ, Verelios, Brazil, Natiko)
LaunchpadMcQ (3 votes) (Maolfunction, Uzzy, CoolestSpot)
CoolestSpot (2 votes) (Z-Beat, jman1954goat / Jman)

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Alexem (5 votes) – (Maolfunction, Brazil, jman1954goat / Jman, CoolestSpot, Natiko)
Brazil (3 votes) – (Verelios, LaunchpadMcQ, Alexem)
Maolfunction (2 votes) – (Uzzy, Z-Beat)
CoolestSpot (1 votes) – (Fran)

Those D1 votes on Brazil look so bad lol. And they're always right next to each other.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
If Vere and Launchpad are the scum team and they've been voting together all way through, then that takes some confidence.

If Vere and Launchpad are the scum team and they've been voting together all way through, then that takes some confidence.
Scum team I was on with Vere in Stardew Valley clumped our votes together almost every phase and managed to win that one, so Vere knows it can work.

Faddy

In what world is Natiko about to be night killed???

Look at the votes. He has killed town every day.

In what world is Natiko about to be night killed???

Look at the votes. He has killed town every day.
Natiko won't want to kill CoolestSpot, who definitely isn't going to be killed, and it'll be easier to convince Jman to kill either Brazil or CoolestSpot as that's where his votes went D3.

If I'm right about Launchpad and Vere being scum, of course. If I'm wrong, then obviously that won't be happening.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
SPOILER TIME

The remaining Scum roles are:
LaunchpadMcQ - 1-Shot Ninja (Mario)
jman1954goat - 1-Shot Roleblocker (Luigi)

The remaining Town Roles are:
Natiko - 2-Shot Tracker (Lakitu)
Verelios - 1-Shot Neighborizer (Koopa Troopa)
CoolestSpot - Vanilla Town (Goomba)
Brazil - Vanilla Town (Goomba)

Launchpad saved his Ninja shot until N2 to kill Maolfunction.

Jman has not yet used his Roleblock shot, but will tonight.

Since there are bets out about the Night Kill, I will keep that a secret still until night actions lock.

Natiko did not Track anyone on N1, hoping to dodge a Ninja (RIP). He tracked Launchpad on N2 (double RIP) and got no movement obviously, so he believes Launch to be Town. He is currently tracking Jman tonight.

Verelios invited Natiko to a permanent Neighbor Chat on N1, they've been talking and sharing reads together since D2 and firmly believe each other to be Town. Natiko has also claimed as a Tracker in there to Vere and given him his targets.

I think that's about everything. Maol protected Natiko on N1 and Jman on N2. Scum killed Fran because they wanted to WIFOM stuff about Coolest if I remember right, and they killed Maol because he was on to Launch and they thought he might have been a Cop.

Ha, I'm not sure I would have caught jman. He's coming off as still extremely new to the game and it's really difficult for me to accurately read those kind of players. (who the heck writes a summary of an entirely different mafia game to use as the basis for a weird meta read on a player) I think the only tell that I might have noticed is that the two of them have been on separate wagons every day, which is indicative of cautious scum play and actually lines up with how I caught Launchpad. I should have reexamined the board, I might have noticed it.

I'm disappointed in the lack of a godfather when scum are two Italians. That's a pretty fun setup still. I'm glad I nailed my read of Launchpad.

Faddy

SPOILER TIME

The remaining Scum roles are:
LaunchpadMcQ - 1-Shot Ninja (Mario)
jman1954goat - 1-Shot Roleblocker (Luigi)

The remaining Town Roles are:
Natiko - 2-Shot Tracker (Lakitu)
Verelios - 1-Shot Neighborizer (Koopa Troopa)
CoolestSpot - Vanilla Town (Goomba)
Brazil - Vanilla Town (Goomba)

Launchpad saved his Ninja shot until N2 to kill Maolfunction.

Jman has not yet used his Roleblock shot, but will tonight.

Since there are bets out about the Night Kill, I will keep that a secret still until night actions lock.

Natiko did not Track anyone on N1, hoping to dodge a Ninja (RIP). He tracked Launchpad on N2 (double RIP) and got no movement obviously, so he believes Launch to be Town. He is currently tracking Jman tonight.

Verelios invited Natiko to a permanent Neighbor Chat on N1, they've been talking and sharing reads together since D2 and firmly believe each other to be Town. Natiko has also claimed as a Tracker in there to Vere and given him his targets.

I think that's about everything. Maol protected Natiko on N1 and Jman on N2. Scum killed Fran because they wanted to WIFOM stuff about Coolest if I remember right, and they killed Maol because he was on to Launch and they thought he might have been a Cop.

I have to say LaunchpadMcQ has played really well. I had him down as an early town. And when I made my Natiko scum read I was going to post about the possibility of Launchpad being scum but that felt way too hedgy. Really solid so far.

I think scum are going to win no matter what happens. Personally I would always night kill verelios. But Natiko works too. I assume jman is doing the kill tonight and even if he is successfully tracked it still ends with a final 3 of Coolest/Brazil/Launchpad and I don't see how scum win that... Actually 1 way is coolest just votes for Launch for his own reasons. And Brazil trusts Natiko's read of Coolest being town over any read he has of launch.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
who the heck writes a summary of an entirely different mafia game to use as the basis for a weird meta read on a player
I was laughing and shaking my head so hard at that lol, I feel like anyone else would have been called out immediately for doing just massive inconsequential busywork like that lol.
I'm glad I nailed my read of Launchpad.
Yeah, I was rooting for you and that read hard at the end of D2, that was good stuff. It almost seemed like it could swing that way for a moment too when Vere said that Natiko should vote for Launch instead of Uzzy, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Yeah, I feel like the kill will either be Vere or Natiko now and then try to push Coolest into voting Brazil or whoever they leave alive. I think I would still kill Natiko just in case the lunch option swings towards Coolest again. You don't want him fighting against it.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I have to say LaunchpadMcQ has played really well. I had him down as an early town. And when I made my Natiko scum read I was going to post about the possibility of Launchpad being scum but that felt way too hedgy. Really solid so far.

I think scum are going to win no matter what happens. Personally I would always night kill verelios. But Natiko works too. I assume jman is doing the kill tonight and even if he is successfully tracked it still ends with a final 3 of Coolest/Brazil/Launchpad and I don't see how scum win that... Actually 1 way is coolest just votes for Launch for his own reasons. And Brazil trusts Natiko's read of Coolest being town over any read he has of launch.
Yeah, Launch has been really impressive, he said he's never been Scum before either so this is a first for him.

My current guess is that they take out either Brazil or Jman tomorrow, so like you said, Town's only hope will be finding Launch in a final 3 most likely.

lokiduck

I was laughing and shaking my head so hard at that lol, I feel like anyone else would have been called out immediately for doing just massive inconsequential busywork like that lol.
Have to say when he pulled that crap (especially with asking for someone to actually give him a link to both the game and spec chat :laughing:) I was a bit suspicious because it seemed completely pointless to me. But he was so fucking newbie town seeming I dismissed it.

Props to him for being convincing (he's lucky he got to be a different alignment immediately in his second game :< ).

Also fuck yes I knew Vere was town.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Yeah, I wouldn't have picked those two out. They've done a very good job of blending in and letting town pick each other apart. I might have come down to one of them being scum in the end, but I think I'd have been hard pressed to point the finger at both.

Launch is scum? Ah damn it, we could have had this one!

Never saw Jman as scum. I guess I could have questioned why Launch was reading them as town despite them voting for CoolestSpot, something that he said I was scum over. But ah well.

Town need a miracle now. I somehow doubt that'll happen!

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I have a feeling that this LyLo is going to be really tense.

I'll fill you all in on the Night Actions once things are locked in for sure.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok, so here's what happened over night.

Scum killed Natiko. They also believe that Brazil is the Motion Detector which their Ninja shot was meant to counter.

Natiko was originally going to track Coolest, but then changed his mind and tracked Jman.

Jman was originally going to use his roleblock tonight, but then decided not to on the off-chance that Brazil isn't a Motion Detector.

So, once again, Scum has foiled Natiko in his pursuit of them, he picked the correct target but this time they chose not to use their ability.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The Scum Team is fully prepared to hammer at a moment's notice btw. They were talking about turning on push notifications for OM and signalling to each other when they're both ready to vote lol. Jman has a vote command copied and ready to paste at any time lol.

Top Bottom