Scum Thread Cult of Kosmos Chat

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Don't be pessimistic Nat, you guys have lost 0 members, you've done a tremendous job this game, it's gonna go well
You surely have seen by now I tend to get pessimistic quickly lol I just overreact to uncertainty :P

I'll be 100% unavailable until at least half an hour after the day is about to start, so please be advised, team hahah

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Should we war machine it? I feel like the biggest error town made in risk was sitting on their hands and letting themselves be murked

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
Also Zzzz, I’m not good at risk, how do attacks work? Is it just dice rolls with the number of battalions? We should converge to each other build a block together right?

Sorian

Staff member
This shit always has to go down while I’m at work lol why can’t we play risk on a lazy Saturday afternoon

Natiko

Yeah, sounds like we'll need to try and converge, but we might not be able to depending on the map. I wonder how beefy the bosses will be too.

Sorian

Staff member
Launch is physically hurting me, there’s no way he missed the item right?

I'll actually try to get off work earlier because I'm afraid our opposing evil faction will attempt to fuck us up immediately

Sorian

Staff member
I think we are 4 v 3 v 3 v 2 here personally. Based on nothing at all but gut instinct. I think if we can recruit Vere and Muffin to our side we can win here no matter what the other faction does.

Sorian

Staff member
Geno can I just post the phrase “reading is hard” in the game thread? :V

Sorian

Staff member
If this is a gambit then sure fine lol but if he makes another long winded post without noticing that then I just can’t with this game anymore

Natiko

I think we are 4 v 3 v 3 v 2 here personally. Based on nothing at all but gut instinct. I think if we can recruit Vere and Muffin to our side we can win here no matter what the other faction does.
The problem is we can't openly recruit them. We can't confirm that we're a block. The best we got is "trust THESE supposed townies not THOSE supposed townies" lol

Sorian

Staff member
Ok I have a question, let’s just say Natiko opens a private chat with Muffin. Let’s also say that Natiko says in that chat “hey, Sorian says to attack Aeleus right now”

Does that get a modkill if he relays messages but doesn’t say where they are coming from?

Sorian

Staff member
The problem is we can't openly recruit them. We can't confirm that we're a block. The best we got is "trust THESE supposed townies not THOSE supposed townies" lol

Can we not? Honest question, if we are the biggest voting block and we claim as such, isn’t that in their best interest?

Sorian

Staff member
Like I’m not saying just come out with it but if the 4 of us start moving as a unit in the mini game, the implication will become pretty clear

Natiko

Like I’m not saying just come out with it but if the 4 of us start moving as a unit in the mini game, the implication will become pretty clear
Won't the implication just be "oh they're the fucking cultists" lol

Sorian

Staff member

Salva wasn’t god gamer recruiter that could have jumped continents to recruit. The four of us aren’t really on the paper trail that often if ever. I don’t think Chuggs could even be recruited if you follow the thread.

Sorian

Staff member

The other cultists also will need to help each other because if they don’t then they die in the mini game and that kind of solves the issue, no?

Sorian

Staff member
We have to remember that the advantage here is they are going into this thinking they have to bus and have some plausible deniability, we can’t let on too early that we are a second group that is not willing to do the same and hopefully by the time they realize, it will be too late.

Natiko

We have to remember that the advantage here is they are going into this thinking they have to bus and have some plausible deniability, we can’t let on too early that we are a second group that is not willing to do the same and hopefully by the time they realize, it will be too late.
If we aren't just making it super obvious then that might work. Really curious to see how this is going to pan out lol If we lose two of us then we'll start entering shaky territory. Hopefully we can avoid that and just get the outright win.

There’s no way Launch is cult right? Like cult tells Launch to read the PM again
Unless it's a gambit I don't think he's cult. Unless cult are fucking killing it in numbers I don't think Haw is cult. It's probably within Terra, Ael, Zipped, and Jman.

Sorian

Staff member
Ok I have a question, let’s just say Natiko opens a private chat with Muffin. Let’s also say that Natiko says in that chat “hey, Sorian says to attack Aeleus right now”

Does that get a modkill if he relays messages but doesn’t say where they are coming from?

This was for @Geno btw

Alright, I'll try to be here around day start. I probably won't have the time to look up things beforehand, so feel free to issue me orders or whatever in this thread after Geno posts the deets, and I'll be sure to read it before moving.

Eh chill, not like you'll be wiped out instantly, it's harder than that. Anyway no hinting at cult or being in a chat with a member of this faction Sorian

Natiko

Attacker also has dice advantage. We probably need a list of the people we want to push as cult early and we need to try and get at least 2/3 of the boss bonuses.

Natiko

Eh chill, not like you'll be wiped out instantly, it's harder than that. Anyway no hinting at cult or being in a chat with a member of this faction Sorian
If I end up in a chat with Ael or Muffin am I allowed to claim I was previously in a chat with someone else in this group using my PR?

Sorian

Staff member
If I end up in a chat with Ael or Muffin am I allowed to claim I was previously in a chat with someone else in this group using my PR?

If you end up in a chat with Ael, I’m quitting because you’ve bitten him once already lol

Please be careful now that we're in the endgame, I really don't want to look for replacements this late on a game with 200 pages

Natiko

If you end up in a chat with Ael, I’m quitting because you’ve bitten him once already lol
Oh good point, I kind of forgot my PR impacted them since I was mainly doing it for the triforce block lol

Sorian

Staff member
Random thought I meant to compliment btw, among us imposter continuing to be able to sabotage after death was really a stroke of genius.

Natiko

Random thought I meant to compliment btw, among us imposter continuing to be able to sabotage after death was really a stroke of genius.
I’ll be honest I didn’t even read the full role after seeing OJ was actually mafia. That is actually pretty cool design and explains what Zipped was on about. Also, that Zipped is sitting with Terra but seemed to intend to self protect and protect Chuggs maybe he, at least before tonight, wasn’t recruited? Would make sense to avoid the doctor since they would assume he would be likely to die.

Natiko

CULT TREE:
Orange is previously potential recruit. Blue is likely to be immune. Not marking us as blue in case I steal this post for the thread later, but keep that in mind.

N1:

???:
Salva
Vere
Ael

Vere is presumably either immune as a neutral or not hit here due to the strong reaction to being caught out yesterday. Ael is a possibility. For worst case lets say Ael was recruited here. Either way, with Salva alive only he could recruit still.

N2:

Europe:
Salva
Fran
Nin/Haw
Fando
Hedin
Stan
ATP

Fran, Fando, and ATP are all immune here in all likelihood. That leaves Nin/Haw, Hedin, and Stan. Only Haw is still alive.

N3:

Asia:
Salva
Terra
Commander Razmos
Ael
Jman

Ael appears again, raises the likelihood of being cult. The others all presumably were valid targets as well.

D4:

Here is where Salva gets popped. Commander Razmos takes a 50% shot at Salva which leads me to believe he probably wasn't hit N3. Ael hands the final dragoon piece to Launch knowing full well who Launch is scumreading which is either a risky gamble or a possible clear? After the death though, we know the recruit gets randomized to another cultist.

N4:
This is where things get tricky.

North America:
Terra & Haw
Brazil
VA

???:
Ael & Hedin
Natiko
Launch
Zipped

South America:
Stan
Malus
LP

Asia:
Jman & Commander Razmos
ATP
Wee (dies this night though)

N5:
Oops all recruits possible minus Sorian (mirror) and Launch (nexus) and myself (commute)

N6:
Pretty much same. I maybe roll the dice and claim another block on Ael here.

So by D4 Salva was successful at LEAST once otherwise the cult would have been wiped. If Ael or Hedin became the recruiter they absolutely missed N4. In fact N4 they were kinda fucked either way based on the breakdown - even if they hit someone said person is likely dead at this point. The best they can have going into N5 is Ael, Haw, Terra, and Jman which is only if they picked absolutely perfectly and the recruit bounced to Haw.

I'm pretty sure it's something like:

Ael
Terra
Zipped (grabbed tonight)

With Terra being the recruiter who failed N4 on Brazil or VA. Maybe Hedin or Stan were grabbed previously but they were killed. They missed N4 and probably N5 on immune people, hopefully. Mayyyybe Haw is also cult, but I'm skeptical you use the power here unless they are desperate, but it feels like it would be a misfire. I thought maybe Jman was cult and that's why he was so weird about VA (given a potential failed recruit). Only way that can be the case though is if Haw was grabbed N2, Stu/Jman N3, and Haw was the new recruiter for N4.

I don't know if any of this is actually helpful, but I just wanted to be able to visualize the possible spread.

Natiko

Looking forward to seeing the details on this from Geno. I think the big question is going to be do we attack the mini boss characters first or do we see if someone else weakens them before striking.

Sorian

Staff member
Make sure not to copy and paste that whole cloth to the thread since you ponder about faking another block on Ael lol

Natiko

Make sure not to copy and paste that whole cloth to the thread since you ponder about faking another block on Ael lol
Yeah, I'd review it even if I do, but by the end of it I decided it really wasn't helpful outside of just giving a slight bit more insight around how likely it is they got fucked over on N4 which isn't even something I can actually reveal to the thread since the world thinks Ael was NOT blocked N4. So I don't intend on taking any of it in there lol Just didn't go back and remove that bit.

Natiko

Or wait - did it even actually trigger or was he already being blocked by a ghost?

Natiko

Ah, I see the new map is up. Damn, other than the pack of enemies those are beefy. Not sure how confident I am we could solo those lol

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah I’m actually kind of worried about this dragon behind me just fucking my shit up if I attack Ael so I think it’s best of me and Sorian try to take out the pack

Natiko

You two could head there and me and Brazil could try and snipe the bunny if we bait someone else into taking the first blows, leaving Illidan to the cultists. Idk

Sorian

Staff member
I don’t think I get it let’s say I do an attack 2 on Natiko.

We each roll a D6? Let’s say I roll a 3 and he rolls a 6. Am I losing 2 battalions?

I don’t think I get it let’s say I do an attack 2 on Natiko.

We each roll a D6? Let’s say I roll a 3 and he rolls a 6. Am I losing 2 battalions?
Yeah attacking with 2 2 dice like Chugg said, but yeah if he rolls 6 you lost 2 battalions, there's nothing you can do about it, however if you roll 6 and 3 and he rolls 5 he loses 2

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, Sorian. If you have time, try to come down to North America and attack that Licker dude. I don’t trust Jman to just hang out right there

Sorian

Staff member
So wait, can’t you probably just take down the bosses with attrition? Are they following the same defense rules as players?

Natiko

At this point I'm guessing I'm not being thrown in a chat with Muffin unfortunately.

Sorian

Staff member
Ah well, that’s fine. So I think I at least kill the two easy things near me right? Brazil should probably move into North America as well?

Sorian

Staff member
Geno not even following his own rules going to bite us in the butt :V

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
He accidentally left in our cult name in Hedins PM, but ninja’d it on the edit. I thought I was the only one who caught it, but it looks like Ael did too

Top Bottom