The back of Keighley's Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
You are Schick Hydrobot and are aligned with The Game Awards (MAFIA)

BEEP BOOP BEEP, DESTROY, FREE THEIR SKIN. You are the Delayed strong killer

During the night phase, you may use the command DESTROY: <Player Name>, this will perform the factional kill but will bypass protection, however the player will not be eliminated until the end of the next day phase. You cannot use this command on consecutive nights.

You share a faction kill with your team that you may perform once per night with the command kill: <PLAYER NAME>.

You win when the Game Awards controls 50% of the

So you can just C+P your role PM when your mafia, right?

You are Kenzo Tsujimoto and are aligned with The Game Awards (MAFIA)

You were at a loss, Dante had been missing for weeks and DMC VI production had stalled to a complete halt. Then you received a tip, apparently Dante had been advertised in some strange forum game. It seemed odd even for Dante but you decided it was worth a look, especially given they weren't even bothering to sell him as add-on DLC. You are the Dante Cop

During the night phase, you may use the command Dante?: <Player> to learn if that player is Dante from the Devil May Cry Series. If you find Dante you will learn their role and will become a godfather, however be warned Dante has always been a wildcard and attempts to find him may be dangerous.

You share a faction kill with your team that you may perform once per night with the command kill: <PLAYER NAME>. You may not use your power and the faction kill on the same night unless you are the last Mafia player alive.

You win when the Game Awards controls 50% of the vote or nothing can stop that from happening.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Hi team

I'm 1 shot bulletproof, that seems to indicate there are killing power on play other than ours. Likely a vigilante with one or two shots. If it's a one shot big, then maybe there is a serial killer too.

turmoil7

Zeke: delayed strong kill
Bojack: Dante cop. Becomes godfather if Dante is found. "Looking for Dante may be dangerous" whatever that means
Turmoil: 1 shot bulletproof

Bojack is this your first time playing mafia?

In a forum, pretty much. Was hoping I'd roll town for an easier first game but oh well lol. We've got this.

Was worrying about Dante too, what do you reckon might happen if I find him? Hoping they might just be notified they've been found.

Razmos

New and Improved Flavour
Hey guys! First time being mafia in a good while lol

You are Geoff Keighley and are aligned with The Game Awards (MAFIA)

The arrogance! There you were in one of your many private jets off to celebrate Bezos' retirement with your best pal Kojima when you received the text, apparently some fool was masquerading as the winner for the mafia GOTY (which you're fairly sure wasn't even a catagory) and was hosting a game to celebrate it. The farewell bash would have to wait, you needed to solve this problem like you always did. Personally. You are the Talent Scout

During the night phase, you may use the command Investigate: <Player> to learn if that player has a power role (ie not vanilla).

turmoil7

In a forum, pretty much. Was hoping I'd roll town for an easier first game but oh well lol. We've got this.

Was worrying about Dante too, what do you reckon might happen if I find him? Hoping they might just be notified they've been found.
Hopefully something

I guess it could be anything. Some potential things that come to mind Dante could be:

1) A (probably 1 shot?) paranoid gun owner: this means he kills anyone who visits him during a night he activates his power. So looking for him could be deathly.

2) A self watcher: he gets the names of everyone who visits him at night. You would need a "fake claim" compatible with visiting people at night in this case. Like Tracker, Vanilla Cop, Sleepwalker, motion detector, etc.

- A weaker custom self watcher: He gets something like: "someone from your franchise is looking for you", if you visit him. Or even something like "Bojack found you last night". This would be annoying as it would caught you red handed when you eventually fake claim something non-Dante related.

That's what comes to mind rn.

Now, my guess is: the existence of a Cop is implied given that you can become a godfather if found Dante. Cop is the strongest town role. So if there is other investigators they should be fairly weak. So I think 2 and 3 are more likely than 1 but this is mostly speculation on my part.

You can look for roles and what they do in the wiki at mafia scum

turmoil7

Interesting, so the powers are

Razmos: vanilla cop
Zeke: delayed strong kill
Bojack: Dante cop. Becomes godfather if Dante is found. "Looking for Dante may be dangerous" whatever that means
Turmoil: 1 shot bulletproof

turmoil7

Should we reserve our fake fluff names?

Bojack should get Nero(From Devil May Cry), just in case. I am not familiar with the IP but maybe you should think of a benign reason for Nero to look for Dante just in case.

I'll be Niola Chen

Should we reserve our fake fluff names?

Bojack should get Nero(From Devil May Cry), just in case. I am not familiar with the IP but maybe you should think of a benign reason for Nero to look for Dante just in case.

I'll be Niola Chen

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know DMC much either, so hopefully someone can think of a good outcome for Nero finding Dante might be. I'll look at that link and see if I can find a cool role to fit.

turmoil7

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know DMC much either, so hopefully someone can think of a good outcome for Nero finding Dante might be. I'll look at that link and see if I can find a cool role to fit.
if dante and nero are both "good guys" in DMC then maybe go with something like: "I know there is a role named Dante who is town and every night I can look for them". This would be a kind of name cop. Maybe if you are in a tight spot at the moment of your claim you can add that you win an ability if Dante is found, to make keeping you alive more temping.

turmoil7

That kind of role has a name but I don't recall it.... It wasn't name cop. A name cop gets the fluff name of all their targets.

So I was looking at potential ideas for my Nero cover, came up with a couple, let me know which you think suits best:

1) 1-shot bulletproof - Probably the simplest option, no questions asked. Maybe difficult flavour-wise, but can just use some "family makes us strong" flavour.
2) 1-shot vig - A bit spicier, but maybe more in line with the character. Can always claim my shot was roleblocked if it ever comes up.
3) I read Kyrie is his lover, so maybe something there? Could say I'm looking for her, but might just get messy.

Also, if you notice anyone breadcrumbing the role, let me know. Might be able to catch them out.

turmoil7

So I was looking at potential ideas for my Nero cover, came up with a couple, let me know which you think suits best:

1) 1-shot bulletproof - Probably the simplest option, no questions asked. Maybe difficult flavour-wise, but can just use some "family makes us strong" flavour.
2) 1-shot vig - A bit spicier, but maybe more in line with the character. Can always claim my shot was roleblocked if it ever comes up.
3) I read Kyrie is his lover, so maybe something there? Could say I'm looking for her, but might just get messy.

Also, if you notice anyone breadcrumbing the role, let me know. Might be able to catch them out.

Remember to claim only in a tight spot, like being on the chopping block one hour before day end. Things change all the time at a moments notice so generally it's not worth it to claim too early. Also you don't have to claim your name if you don't want to/aren't pressured into doing it.

There are two main kinds of vig, the day vig(kills posting a command in the game thread, outing themselves and killing the target in situ) and the night vig, that kills during the night phase. In this community day vigs are *way* more popular than night vigs. So the likely result of your 2) is a day vig counterclaiming and killing you. Or a night vig staying quiet and killing you at night. I would pass from a vig fake claim unless all other good roles were taken.

3) would likely not work because eventually there will be a mass claim(every one will have claimed) and you will be outed if that character doesn't exists.

1) can be good as it can answer the "why are you still alive?" question in late game. Although it could get messy if the two of us are alive and I got shot by someone. Also a vig could shot you to verify your claim.

You can always fake claim vanilla/or something close to vanilla. Post #1 in the game thread has the vanilla template. Although with Nero there is the chance of Dante knowing there is something up so if they are quick witted they could ask you if there is something about them in your PM.

Maybe something like this could do it. "You are Nero the Finder. You know your pal from the Devil May Cry series was invited to this acclaimed game so you had to come too. You know Dante is town. You can look for him every night with the Dante? command". This had an utility for town but can backfire if Dante's role says what is looking for him is dangerous.... There are no perfect options here.

turmoil7

Also I have the lingering thought of your role being just a carrot and stick for us to do *movement* night actions.

Every night you look for Dante you expose yourself to be tracked/watched for not much gain in early game.

The odds of finding Dante would be like:

Night 1: 1 in 13 or 1 in 14
night 2: 1 in 10 in the best case(all of us alive and N1 dante? target alive too)
night 3: 1 in 7 (all of us alive and N1 and N2 dante? targets alive)
night 4: and so and so... and this is the happy path

* if people claim their names, we will know who isn't dante, so the odds can be improved.

There is a good chance of you not becoming a godfather until like night 3, 4 or 5. At that point I wonder if a cop even is town's main investigator.

(a full cop is the strongest town role, if there were a full cop, we would have a full godfather at the least, not a conditional godfather)

Arguably, you have the weakest role in the team(yes yes, says the bulletproof), so a potential game plan would be:

N1: you kill, Razmos vanilla cops
N2: Zeke strongkills unknowns or PRs, Razmos vanilla cops, you Dante?
N3: repeat N1
N4: repeat N2
etc...

This on the assumption of town having more tracking power than cop power

Oh yeah, I'm just speculating for the way, way future. I'm a bit of an overthinker so I've been running through all the options in my head today lol

I'll keep my head fairly down for a day or two, but not quiet. Basically, just play the town game I was planning on doing with a bit of extra scum spice.

Also I have the lingering thought of your role being just a carrot and stick for us to do *movement* night actions.

And I was thinking this too. Except for you, we've got a lot of moving things going on.

Razmos

New and Improved Flavour

Every night you look for Dante you expose yourself to be tracked/watched for not much gain in early game.

The odds of finding Dante would be like:

Night 1: 1 in 13 or 1 in 14
night 2: 1 in 10 in the best case(all of us alive and N1 dante? target alive too)
night 3: 1 in 7 (all of us alive and N1 and N2 dante? targets alive)
night 4: and so and so... and this is the happy path

* if people claim their names, we will know who isn't dante, so the odds can be improved.

There is a good chance of you not becoming a godfather until like night 3, 4 or 5. At that point I wonder if a cop even is town's main investigator.

(a full cop is the strongest town role, if there were a full cop, we would have a full godfather at the least, not a conditional godfather)

Arguably, you have the weakest role in the team(yes yes, says the bulletproof), so a potential game plan would be:

N1: you kill, Razmos vanilla cops
N2: Zeke strongkills unknowns or PRs, Razmos vanilla cops, you Dante?
N3: repeat N1
N4: repeat N2
etc...

This on the assumption of town having more tracking power than cop power
I like this plan

Me reading Fando's posts:
giphy.gif

Razmos

New and Improved Flavour
Who are we thinking for the vanilla cop and the chop tonight? Are there any particular targets we want to go for? It's been a long time since I was last scum so I'm not sure what the strategy is for day 1 kills

turmoil7

Too open ended to be sure right now.

Since we aren't strong killing, maybe someone unlikely to be protected. Neki, EC, Zipped?

I have no idea for the vanilla cop, maybe RNG?

Razmos

New and Improved Flavour
Yeah I'm happy to choose randomly for the vanilla cop since we have no roles to work off.
If EC or Neki don't get voted out it might be worth keeping them around so they draw a bit more aggro. Zipped is pretty experienced so it makes sense to take them out I think

Yeah, EC or Neki I'd potentially argue to keep since that might bleed into tomorrow.

But everything's up in the air, so who knows. We'll be back here in a few hours with a totally different list.

turmoil7

looks so fun ;_;

btw maybe saw is vanilla? her "if you really vote me out look at this" comment made me suspect it. I don't know if a PR would talk like that in such situation

turmoil7

sorry I was on mobile and forgot raz was on top, so I moved to zipped ;-;

I think I exposed myself

turmoil7

maybe malus is Dante? I don't think dante would be a strong PR and he seemed content with going down instead of Saw

Strongkill Saw or not?

turmoil7

maybe our play here should be doing the delay strongkill(probably on sawneeks) to deprive them of info at next day start

Do you want to gambit on using your Dante? power on malus? It's on you. Maybe it could give us a little advantage, at some risk, obviously

turmoil7

We did well, it just happened the two of them were PRs, sometimes it's just bad luck

Maybe a gambit is our best shout. Who would do the kill then? You?

If we don't go Sneeks, who could cause us the most trouble tomorrow? Someone with a bit of town cred like Kold or Feign?

turmoil7

If we strongkill it should be Zeke, it's in his role:

During the night phase, you may use the command DESTROY: <Player Name>, this will perform the factional kill but will bypass protection, however the player will not be eliminated until the end of the next day phase. You cannot use this command on consecutive nights.

The issue is that whoever we kill could share their results during the day phase tomorrow. @EzekelRAGE what do you think?

If we chose to do the normal kill, I will do it

Anyway, I need to get to bed, so throw some ideas around and I'll pick it up in the morning. I'll be here all day to put a proper plan together.

Better start planning my defence...

turmoil7

I'm feeling Dante? malus and strongkill Sawneeks but I am open to alternatives

alternative is I do kill sawneeks but probably she got protection on her this night

good night

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
meh, kill maol, hoping that doc would be on malus or Neeks.

Maol looks the worst, so a cop would probably check him tonight.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
I would say regular kill for maol.

Also paints mal/neeks bad possibly.

You both need to be ready to defend yourselves next day phase. Both your votes look scummy, also Bo your posts will be used.

I may need to buy you guys heavily

SelfassuredAchingFrillneckedlizard-max-1mb.gif

turmoil7

That could be a good move if sawneeks is the cop and she is doctored tonight.

I think it will be hard to paint saw and malus on a negative light after being against the Raz wagon on day 1 but who knows

kill: Maolfunction

turmoil7

Although if sawneeks is a cop we would be leaving her alive for longer with this kill

Morning all!

I'm ready to defend myself. Got my arguments lined up and ready to get spicy. Will it work? Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

Mao is part of my defence. If they want to look at me they have to look at Mao too for similar behaviour. Having him alive might help back up my case/take some of the heat.

I can still use the argument if he's dead, but might be better alive. Who's NOT going to be a central figure tomorrow? Can we just take them out of the equation? I know they haven't posted much and it's a bit unfair, but Zipped maybe?

That is, if we delay killing Sneeks, which might be a good idea just to keep Zeke out of it for today.

But at the same time, I doubt anyone's following Zeke, so unless there's someone watching Sneeks, we might get away with it. AND it's a surefire way to cause chaos going into D3 - who killed Sneeks? But it's your power Zeke, so your call.

Oh and while I'm here Dante?: malus

turmoil7

Hmmm yeah if we killed zipped maybe I could sell it as frame job on me :think:

turmoil7

Bojack I think one of us will go down early and the other should capitalize on it so don't fear putting me on your top-suspect and pushing

Yeah, let's see what appetite there is for both of us and go for each other if we need it. We need to balance it right so it doesn't come across as two scum orchestrating something, it has to be more natural.

I'm gonna try to put a case together for Leo and Fate as they were last minute votes too. I'll throw you in there as well.

Don't mind me, just a brain dump on who to kill or not:

Not kill
Fate & Leo - I think they're my best bet to throw suspicion on. Want them alive.
Mao - Already said why I'd like him alive.
Hedin - Might be useful as a noise maker. Especially since they were so anti-Sneeks.
Neki - It might not pay off on D2 or D3, but I think some people will want to revisit Neki eventually. Keep.

Probably not kill
Hobo - Worth keeping alive. They were willing to vote off wagon, might draw attention, also might mean they're willing to vote somewhere other than me.
Feign - I think a lot of people are going to town read them for the Raz push. Indifferent about what to do with them.
malus - Might be the same as Sneeks. Hard to argue there was a push to save mal when the eventual target ended up being scum.

Potential targets
EC - He said D2 would be very revealing and he's probably going to be right. Potential target because I think he might be able to claw some town cred.
Kold - Another potential. He's as good as town in a lot of people's eyes I imagine, especially since he floated Raz's name out there before everyone jumped.
LP - You can make the same case for LP as you can for Zipped, though I think LP is more willing to jump in and push discussion.

More likely targets
Zipped - Already explained why. I think having more noise tomorrow is better. Prime target.
Sneeks - Needs taking care of sooner rather than later. Will be as good as town confirmed now.
Fando - They were already on to me, so killing them might actually work in my favour? Can say it was a frame job?

turmoil7

I think killing maol because a cop could check him is a reach when we are not even sure if there is a cop this game. And who knows what criteria they use to check people. They may go after discrete people who live long instead of high profile players. I don't want to kill on that assumption.

Zipped because he is unlikely to get a doctor on him and can mud the waters, hopefully.

turmoil7

Honestly I think the best call is to just use your delay strongkill on sawneeks. She claimed PR. Let's ensure her death now because then who knows if we will be able to kill her.

My logic on zipped was he's not one to say much. He'll drop in, say a few things, leave his vote, and go, but I kind of want more voices in the game who are going to push against each other and bicker. Might slip through the cracks that way.

The mere idea of Sneeks is enough to scare me though.

turmoil7

feign has uplifted maol a couple times already, maybe he investigated him?

Just something to have in mind

turmoil7

my mind is playing games with me or does it looks like he is telling sawneeks "look gurl I know he is town ok?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom