Transistor GOTY review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Bojacks role claim really threw me for a loop. And then Neki pointing out that there was a Scum potential vig based on votes for Red in Transistor didn't make it better.

I still think Fate has that unburdened neutral air to himself.
so you are town, then? i was thinking that you might be dante but didn't want to bring it up in the thread

Verelios

Were-elios
Town rn:

9CH9NOz_d.webp

Sawneeks

little green dog
What are the odds of no bus votes on Raz?
at this point? really high.

that's: EC, Zipped, Hobo, Neki, Maol, LP, and Hedin/Ambulance

my personal theory is Leo because of D2 but it could very easily be someone else. still don't think it's EC or Neki (maybe?)

utter insanity in scum chat :thisisfine:

The game would had been so different if malus or sawneeks had been vanilla

Turm! How are you?

oucchh, that sucks. feeling for that possibly final scum player here, that's gotta be a rough start.

maaaan, I fell for it. good job.

After that D2 mess, I could have thrown up. I was so on edge. But hey, at least I fooled a few of you ;)

The next day or two is going to be very interesting I feel... Hopefully I can take out more town in death than I ever did in life.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Turm! How are you?

After that D2 mess, I could have thrown up. I was so on edge. But hey, at least I fooled a few of you ;)

The next day or two is going to be very interesting I feel... Hopefully I can take out more town in death than I ever did in life.
I'm fine, thanks

D2 was interesting, the only realistic way we could mis eliminate was with you and me voting together for the same townie, but being two of the most scum read players alive it would shield the target as soon as it happened. So the only alternative was what ended up happening with me switching "to break the tie" after being on you all day

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Its not bastard so I think by normal community norms there shouldn't be a cult.

turmoil7

a guess using knowledge not yet public

what the fuck?

maol is a cultmaster?

a minion?

a survivor tracker?

I don't get this play at all

Verelios

Were-elios
Well...this day has certainly taken a few turns. I'm somewhat disappointed that while there's some wilding, no one has gone full on Ace Attorney yet.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
When I think back on D2 and what I was pushing back against the EC train that was kind of forming it makes sense.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yeah the problem with that gambit is that I don't see how they don't push to get rid of Maol tomorrow. Feels like something you might try when town is losing, not when town only has (probably) 1 scum left and I'm surprised Maol would go that direction.

EvilChameleon

Are you scum?
So now that I'm here, is there a list of what roles you folks normally play with? The only reason I kept bringing up Maol possibly getting bogus information is because the site I played mafia on before used a big database of roles, and they even did custom ones, so a scum role that gives bogus information to the town wasn't out of the realm of possibility to me.

turmoil7

So now that I'm here, is there a list of what roles you folks normally play with? The only reason I kept bringing up Maol possibly getting bogus information is because the site I played mafia on before used a big database of roles, and they even did custom ones, so a scum role that gives bogus information to the town wasn't out of the realm of possibility to me.
if a gamerunner can give inaccurate information we call the game "bastard", this game was classified normal, so a gamerunner can not lie to the players

(it was a poor form from town to not explain that to a new player)

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member

We do occasionally have roles for role blocks, switchers, redirects, and nexus that can mess with results but. Aeleus actually maintains an open spreadsheet of every role used in our games if you are interested.

EvilChameleon

Are you scum?
if a gamerunner can give inaccurate information we call the game "bastard", this game was classified normal, so a gamerunner can not lie to the players

(it was a poor form from town to not explain that to a new player)

Ah okay. The place I played on classified games as either Basic (standard rules, could pick any role from the Epic Mafia roles page) or Custom (the rules were completely crazy and the roles didn't have to be from Epic Mafia).

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Our main definitions are:

• Normal: a setup with common mechanics and roles mixed in with vanilla roles.
  • Unusual: a setup that includes mechanics and/or roles that are rarely seen, or were never seen, in games run in or community.
  • Role madness: a setup entirely, or almost entirely, composed of power roles. A power role is considered any role that is not a Vanilla Townie or a Mafia Goon.
  • Bastard: a setup in which the gamerunner divulges false information to the players or that contains roles incovenient to play with and encourage bad sporting behavior, such as Voteless or Tanner.
There are at times some blurred lines and combinations of game types but those are the general basics. When sign ups for a new game start the game type will be listed.

turmoil7

To add to that, generally the most common roles here are: cop, doctor, tracker, masons, gossips, vigilante, etc. And their respective scum counters.

Redirectors are classified as Normal too, but it's hard to see them out of Role Madness and Bastard games.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
There are a few other mechanics that can be enough of a reason for a game to be classed as bastard here. Cults are generally enough to get an automatic bastard rating, as would alignment changes (unless they're very clearly telegraphed).

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Do any of the neutrals still have achievable win cons? Unless there is another missed kill tonight we'll be down to 10 going into the day. I can't see them letting Maol skate, but again town will town when given a chance, so it should be down to 8 in the next day phase. Still long odds but maybe if there are a couple of neutrals who can bow it out it might give them a small percentage of a chance?

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Its not bastard so I think by normal community norms there shouldn't be a cult.
Oh we definitely have had cults in non-bastard games, though I think it does fetch an automatic Unusual. It also has to have some pretty clear guardrails to avoid the Bastard label, but it is possible.

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean I believe maol's claim so they should give him another night to track at the very least, they can always vote him off later.

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean lovers are always gonna be a double kill, not much you can do about that.

Leo

Quack Pack King
Im torn on maol now, what power could force someone to visit a player in a normal game?

But then, if hes mafia, he's probably the last one, and doing all of that just to kill EC doesn't make any sense cause he could probably convince people to vote out EC anyway. He exposed himself unnecessarily, and if he dies, mafia will lose.

I have no idea what's happening.

Neki

Bought a book once
I think maol just went for a gambit that ended up failing as town. I think hawthorn pulled a similar gambit in mario kart mafia where she faked a red check on launch/ambulance and managed to coax them into admitting it.

Neki

Bought a book once
wow, was not expecting lovers.

welcome leo, neki.

sorry for scum reading you :<
Me and Leo were looking hella scummy but it let us live this long, ended up working when we were both close to getting voted off at some points lol.

Leo

Quack Pack King
wow, was not expecting lovers.

welcome leo, neki.

sorry for scum reading you :<

No problem! Being part of a lovers pair is a lot of responsibility lol although I really enjoyed speculating with Neki during the game, it was different and fun :)

Neki

Bought a book once
Also tell me hobo is the last scum. I was trying to convince leo for 2 days it has to be hobo based on whose left could possibly still be partners with bojack/turmoil. If isn't hobo, the scum did a good job of openly bussing their teammates on day 1.

Also tell me hobo is the last scum. I was trying to convince leo for 2 days it has to be hobo based on whose left could possibly still be partners with bojack/turmoil. If isn't hobo, the scum did a good job of openly bussing their teammates on day 1.
Hobo is Dante, make of that what you will

Neki

Bought a book once
I'm surprised they went for me, I thought me and leo were pretty scummy targets so I wasn't that worried we were gonna get killed. I wish I was alive because I would have defended maol despite him wanting to go after me.

Leo

Quack Pack King
Leo you really think it's fate?

It's either Fate or maol.

I don't think maol would do all that just to kill EC. In fact, if I were scum!maol i would keep EC around until endgame. Killing EC yesterday got him nothing except for attention. He was being mostly townread, he could afford to lay low.

Fate has been scummy since D1, his game is all over the place, his votes are opportunistic and there isn't consistency in what his doing. He also got very heated a couple times and i think town!Fate is a super relaxed player.

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean maol laid out why he did it. It was a gambit and he also wanted to protect himself as doc, I don't see him doing this as last scum. He's gonna lose in a final three if he's still alive doing this play. I think at this point we've almost reached max capacity for PR roles for town though

neki - lover
leo - lover
nin - ?
maol - universal backup
??? - possible vig/re director

If dante exists in the game due to the flavour role of bojack, that means I'd have to believe at this point Dante is a neutral at best unless he is specifically the town vig. Nin is the real question mark left after claiming a weak PR. No sign of a tracker/flavour cop/alignment cop on the town side though.

Leo

Quack Pack King
Finally started having fun, getting into it, posting opinions, and I get the boot, haha.

Btw I had a good time playing with you, EC. You're certainly a very unique player and gave personality to the game. Hope to see you in other games in the future :)

EvilChameleon

Are you scum?
Btw I had a good time playing with you, EC. You're certainly a very unique player and gave personality to the game. Hope to see you in other games in the future :)

Yeah, I almost regretted signing up, but then once the second half of day 4 began, I remembered why I signed up in the first place; I missed the chaos.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Seriously who is the cop and what have they been doing? Zipped is right they should be stating their clears at this point.

Neki

Bought a book once
Leo was tunneling on everyone this game, I was trying to reel him in so he wouldn't get voted for looking scummy lol

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

turmoil7

Has anyone read bojacks' role?

If there was a full cop in the game we wouldn't had got a so unlikely godfather.

Maybe the cop is even night only and their checks died or something

They are doing a mistake claiming so early

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
My current hunch as things stand is that...
The last scum might get away with it - at least for a while. They're going to have to do something about Hobo, though, as I can't really see him getting voted out while he can side with town. They'll also have to hope that they don't get checked, which remains a possibility. Whether or not they can make it all the way to the final shootout is another thing.

Leo

Quack Pack King
Leo was tunneling on everyone this game, I was trying to reel him in so he wouldn't get voted for looking scummy lol

Lol i really was. At least i was right on Bo, and I'm still tunneling Fate :p

I feel like in every game i have a good hunch that someone is scum and i get afraid of putting myself out there and get it done. I probably picked the wrong game to do it being lovers this time haha

Neki

Bought a book once
My only thought is Zeke has to be obscuring some part of his role. It's either conditional or it has shots because if town leaves him alive until the end, scum won't be able to kill him and we'll get a tie. I am really a loss after Hobo claimed Dante and he seems neutral. Doesn't leave many other options.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
That's a lot of protection in a game with not that much death. Scum's delayed kill doesn't make up for so many protections

Hobo could be considered negative utility if anyone visits him gets attacked. Still I do agree that it does feel like a lot of protection.

turmoil7

Scum power

the delayed kill is unlimited shots but non consecutive nights

turmoil7

Usually a mass claim is done in the very last stage of the game.

Early just tells scum who to kill.

Town got carried away

Neki

Bought a book once
surprised nin/malus didn't go harder on bojack for having an identical claim. I guess nin eventually did go on the bojack wagon on day 3 though.

turmoil7

Has anyone read bojacks' role?

If there was a full cop in the game we wouldn't had got a so unlikely godfather.

Maybe the cop is even night only and their checks died or something

They are doing a mistake claiming so early
Usually a mass claim is done in the very last stage of the game.

Early just tells scum who to kill.

Town got carried away
nuff said

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If Fate is being truthful then I hate it when cops sit on a red check and let someone else get voted out that day. No problem letting the day go on and seeing what develops before dropping the check but don't allow yourself to be a position where you can get killed at night holding on to a check.

Neki

Bought a book once
His check on Leo seems very OMGUS so it's hard for me to believe if he's being truthful or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom