Scooby Doo 2: Mafia Unleashed - This time there are costumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Strikes

Costume Account (He/Him)
@BooBeard

Keep in mind that this is old and meta for that website is different than the one on era

go to the bottom hit all messages then scroll to the bottom.

Ignore players specific stuff and just look at the general tips that can be applied to all games.

also remember your play style is unique to you don't just copy how this player plays but adapt the general advice to your personal playstyle.

https://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/7kGVD8Jkh4dX

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Thanks, I will keep it in mind going forward. You did come off a little harsh :P
Yeah sorry man, I meant it more as advice not criticism. You did great. I should’ve been a better friend to neutrals and just open wolfed and talked it through in the game thread but I was legit out riding and was only popping in by pulling off the road and idling while I checked the status lol

BooBeard

Costume Account (He/Him)
@BooBeard

Keep in mind that this is old and meta for that website is different than the one on era

go to the bottom hit all messages then scroll to the bottom.

Ignore players specific stuff and just look at the general tips that can be applied to all games.

also remember your play style is unique to you don't just copy how this player plays but adapt the general advice to your personal playstyle.

https://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/7kGVD8Jkh4dX
Thank you so much for this!

Yeah sorry man, I meant it more as advice not criticism. You did great. I should’ve been a better friend to neutrals and just open wolfed and talked it through in the game thread but I was legit out riding and was only popping in by pulling off the road and idling while I checked the status lol
Ah no worries, like I said I'm just happy I made it as far as I did. I'll take any advice I can get to do better going forward.

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
First, thanks for running A. I had a ton of fun playing. It was exactly the type of game I needed to get back in the swing of things after a really rough streak.

Second, I threw a lot of joke salt around in spec, but honestly excellently played game by scum. Chugg chatted me after we both died and told me what your strategy had been, and I was like yep that makes perfect sense and would work exceptionally. And it did! Hats off to you all. Despite some setbacks, you brought it home in spectacular fashion.

Third, major props to BooBeard for a memorable and exceptional performance in his first game. I know those meanies denied you the win, but you really deserved it for skating by for this long. You were in that perfect zone of not being town enough to be killed by scum and not being scum enough to be voted out by town that the neutral needs to operate in. I hope you stick around!

Fourth, even though we lost, I think town has a lot to feel very positive about. We landed some good hits, put some good solving work in, and I felt we had a very solid chance of getting the win. At the very least, we made scum sweat a bit.

All in all, a great game everyone should come away feeling really good about!

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
He didn’t want to join the Wax vote! He spent all of his game end continually talking about helping town! You gotta know when to reach out to the dark side instead when you’re a neutral lol
>:( You should have opened wolfed harder and told him what was happening.
"You win when you have killed 3 players, this must include at least one member of the mafia faction. If you have not achieved this condition when all mafia are dead you will instead win if you are the only player alive."

I'm sorry I didn't know the rules based on this wincon? Like, what?
You are new, but in our community Neutrals have usually have a wincon but a lot of them are allowed to default to survivor if they can't meet that wincon but live the entire game, however it depends on the type of neutral and what their win con is.

Your case obviously had to be via killing scum and leaving as others have talked, but a lot of the time this extra stuff just isn't mentioned in the PM.

Either case, as you are saying it's good info for future games. :D
I didn't know I counted as a threat to Mafia though, so that will be useful information going forward. Is that true of all neutrals or only ones with killing roles?
Yep. It depends on the neutral, but usually ones with killing powers are labeled as threats to town and sometimes also scum.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
you MUST read spec, I have many notes to you
0868b0e3873b247136b4bf2b9c213c6a2c2b4c7a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom