Spectating the greatest event of the year!

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I was pretty benign, but just didn't feel like I had the tools I would've needed to do anything of real merit towards my wincon. Assuming it isn't redacted you'll see soon.

Natiko

I do support all attempts to get Launch out of the game.
I feel kind of bad, he was having run with his role and it sounds like by claiming it he doesn't get to use it anymore? Once he revealed his character I immediately backed off.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I feel kind of bad, he was having run with his role and it sounds like by claiming it he doesn't get to use it anymore? Once he revealed his character I immediately backed off.

I was a little confused by that because he first acted like he could still do it.

Natiko's power sounds very limited in usefulness. If the check is "Divine", you know that the player is a servant (but you don't know which one), if "Not Divine" they can either be servant or master. Doesn't look like there's much you can do with that info.

Verelios

Were-elios
I was pretty benign, but just didn't feel like I had the tools I would've needed to do anything of real merit towards my wincon. Assuming it isn't redacted you'll see soon.
Realistically, you're a conditional neutral survivor. You just have to outlive the other guy.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Hi friends. My role felt very unwinnable, so I took a gamble since I had a hit on Launch. Didn't pan out, ah well.
I’m sorry you felt that way :<

part of the idea was to just have the two of you neuts trying to survive and scumhunting if you could (we’ll in your case at least, not so much for Karna) for the second wincon if you both somehow lived.

you also both had an even chance of seeing or getting someone divine.

we tossed in divine characters so your check wouldn’t be too clear cut but it really was going back and forth on which of you would die first.

You did a great job with the role honestly

lokiduck

Natiko's power sounds very limited in usefulness. If the check is "Divine", you know that the player is a servant (but you don't know which one), if "Not Divine" they can either be servant or master. Doesn't look like there's much you can do with that info.
lol Divine doesn’t always equal servant always :eyes:

Last edited:

lokiduck

Anyways can now reveal why nin and Bojack replaced out now that their roles are gone.

nin posted his whole PM in their lover chat and Bojack followed suit by posting part of his.

this was a violation of the rule and it was in part our bad as game runners for not putting a reminder in the first post of the lover chats.

in general for our games and most games only scum can post their PMs in scum chat only.

going forward we will include these reminders, but that is why we had replacements on night 0 basically >>

Neki

Bought a book once
Anyways can now reveal why nin and Bojack replaced out now that their roles are gone.

nin posted his whole PM in their lover chat and Bojack followed suit by posting part of his.

this was a violation of the rule and it was in part our bad as game runners for not putting a reminder in the first post of the lover chats.

in general for our games and most games only scum can post their PMs in scum chat only.

going forward we will include these reminders, but that is why we had replacements on night 0 basically >>

Is this just for fate or mafia in general? I swear me and Leo posted our PMs in lovers chat for transistor.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Is this just for fate or mafia in general? I swear me and Leo posted our PMs in lovers chat for transistor.

Usually it's just scum but up to each gamerunner if they want to allow any other chats to do it.

lokiduck

Some of it depends on the game runner but usually rule five means the pm can’t be posted anywhere except in approves game threads which is usually in most cases scum chat only.

being able to post on your lover chat would be in my opinion a violation because it confirms your role to your lover when in any mafia game there is supposed to be healthy level of doubt Especially if the game is bastard

mind you in a standard game you are safe to trust a lover but even then why share your pm?

in this game part of the premise is based on masters and servants not trusting each other, so posting your role pm confirms your role and ruins the doubt that may be lingering.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
Realistically, you're a conditional neutral survivor. You just have to outlive the other guy.
The bitter irony is I would've NK'd malus first out of spite had I been scum, which would've probably saved me some pain D2 with less to back up ATP

Verelios

Were-elios
Some of it depends on the game runner but usually rule five means the pm can’t be posted anywhere except in approves game threads which is usually in most cases scum chat only.

being able to post on your lover chat would be in my opinion a violation because it confirms your role to your lover when in any mafia game there is supposed to be healthy level of doubt Especially if the game is bastard

mind you in a standard game you are safe to trust a lover but even then why share your pm?

in this game part of the premise is based on masters and servants not trusting each other, so posting your role pm confirms your role and ruins the doubt that may be lingering.
But in the case of non-bastard pair games, I can see game runners allowing it.
The bitter irony is I would've NK'd malus first out of spite had I been scum, which would've probably saved me some pain D2 with less to back up ATP
That is ironic and might've led to a better conclusion for town.

Natiko

Yeah, my role PM said from the jump I couldn't trust a "Divine" result to be my target. I also only get a whole two chances at checking 28 other players. Not ideal lol

But why did you have to force it? You just had to survive and you weren't really in danger of being voted out and probably night killed.
I’m sorry you felt that way :<

part of the idea was to just have the two of you neuts trying to survive and scumhunting if you could (we’ll in your case at least, not so much for Karna) for the second wincon if you both somehow lived.

you also both had an even chance of seeing or getting someone divine.

we tossed in divine characters so your check wouldn’t be too clear cut but it really was going back and forth on which of you would die first.

You did a great job with the role honestly
That's all from the perspective of knowing more than I know. I have zero way to know if my target is tied to town or mafia - I could easily see a world in which you tie the other to a mafia player for the dichotomy. If so, my target is probably never dying - at least not at night. I just had no way of knowing, only one chance left to check, and that secondary wincon completely relies on other players on the same team surviving when I have zero way of knowing who is on that team and who isn't. Hell, malus didn't even trust me so I probably wouldn't have even been able to choose my next target or known who it hit. It felt like I had two wincons and both were complete crapshoots. I'm not pissed off or anything, like sometimes wincons are just rough. It happens. But being so in the dark, in a game where I already have all these limitations on what I can and can't talk about, just made it feel super difficult. So I took my shot and missed, c'est la vie.

lol Divine doesn’t always equal servant always :eyes:

829116873953509466.png

lokiduck

But in the case of non-bastard pair games, I can see game runners allowing it.

That is ironic and might've led to a better conclusion for town.
As I said in normal games this would probably be fine.

I trusted ket was town because I was in a normal game, but still why share my pm lol

pretty sure Monkey would have modkilled me still
Yeah, my role PM said from the jump I couldn't trust a "Divine" result to be my target. I also only get a whole two chances at checking 28 other players. Not ideal lol

That's all from the perspective of knowing more than I know. I have zero way to know if my target is tied to town or mafia - I could easily see a world in which you tie the other to a mafia player for the dichotomy. If so, my target is probably never dying - at least not at night. I just had no way of knowing, only one chance left to check, and that secondary wincon completely relies on other players on the same team surviving when I have zero way of knowing who is on that team and who isn't. Hell, malus didn't even trust me so I probably wouldn't have even been able to choose my next target or known who it hit. It felt like I had two wincons and both were complete crapshoots. I'm not pissed off or anything, like sometimes wincons are just rough. It happens. But being so in the dark, in a game where I already have all these limitations on what I can and can't talk about, just made it feel super difficult. So I took my shot and missed, c'est la vie.
Yeahhhh in theory you had 3 shots if Malus had trusted you enough to motivate you which was part of the idea with the role. Originally Arjuna was unlimited to help with the wincon buttttt

1. Town master might wonder why your power is unlimited
Karna’s divine check power is a passive requiring people to target him. If you had been unlimited then you would have had an unfair advantage or that’s what the reviewers and I agreed about it.

mind you you and Karna would have found each other the same night if you had correctly gotten who he was but still.

And again the powers were more of a help to achieve the wincon but not required as you mainly just had to outlive one another

lokiduck

I expicitly allowed Neki and Leo to share role PMs in transistor GOTY, the game wasn't bastard
Okay then c:

like I said it’s up to the game runner abd if it is allowed usually they say as much.

better to assume you can’t until you see/are told you can

Natiko

As I said in normal games this would probably be fine.

I trusted ket was town because I was in a normal game, but still why share my pm lol

pretty sure Monkey would have modkilled me still

Yeahhhh in theory you had 3 shots if Malus had trusted you enough to motivate you which was part of the idea with the role. Originally Arjuna was unlimited to help with the wincon buttttt

1. Town master might wonder why your power is unlimited
Karna’s divine check power is a passive requiring people to target him. If you had been unlimited then you would have had an unfair advantage or that’s what the reviewers and I agreed about it.

mind you you and Karna would have found each other the same night if you had correctly gotten who he was but still.

And again the powers were more of a help to achieve the wincon but not required as you mainly just had to outlive one another
For full transparency I do now know who my target was, and there was zero chance I would have checked there anytime remotely soon. I won’t say more until it’s deeper into spoilers lol

lokiduck

For full transparency I do now know who my target was, and there was zero chance I would have checked there anytime remotely soon. I won’t say more until it’s deeper into spoilers lol
Makes sense lol.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
So far they've gotten a tracker and a jailor and now have the cop claim and whatever the hell VA's role is. Not bad work.

lokiduck

I’m officially rooting for the scum team though. I exposed the cop and everything. Get ‘em!
That's not very pro town neutral of you >:(

Mind you, you distracted town for a whole day with your gambit on Launch :laughing:

Neki

Bought a book once
I expicitly allowed Neki and Leo to share role PMs in transistor GOTY, the game wasn't bastard
This is why I always ask 4 times before doing anything regardless, loki modkilling me would be the worst outcome imaginable.
829122007710040104.gif

lokiduck

It sucks because the night kills target is scum :<

Also the other town night actions >> Are not the greatest choices <<

Also just learnt that fate stole another home made servant I had cooked up for a now abadoned mafia game, oberon, also he looks really boring for what fairies can be.
Update: Send help I am consuming too much edgy moth man content

Last edited:

lokiduck

Update: Send help I am consuming too much edgy moth man content
:D :D :D Qin Shi Haung di is the best!

So you have excellent taste in them ;)

Or are you talking about
Oberon? lol

lokiduck

sus Oberon imposter
D:< Spoilers! I'm an NA player so I don't know much about JP content.

Admittedly i already got spoiler on oberon tho lol but still D:<

Anyways when you said Mothman I thought of Qin Shi Haung because that's what peeps call them lol.

lokiduck

Happy to announce that like always my interest in the fate franchise has crashed and burnt and I'm back for thinking it's an anime sex game for horny people
LOL I get it XD

But there are a lot of good stuff in it :D :D :D

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
What I'm saying is the person mostly likely dying would have gotten good results lol. The other town peeps who are probably living will not get anything useful.

The comment about the night kills target is scum is what is throwing me. You additional context is adding more huhs for me.

lokiduck

The comment about the night kills target is scum is what is throwing me. You additional context is adding more huhs for me.
Basically the current night kill target is targeting scum :<

So town won't find out their results :<

Neki

Bought a book once
I was forced to claim and look how that turned out for me lol
Well in this case it didn't work out because the public execute was botched but going to your grave with your role would have been worse.

Neki

Bought a book once
Need a little help from a doctor or a jailor if you claim a good PR and sometimes it doesn't come

Leo

Quack Pack King
Well in this case it didn't work out because the public execute was botched but going to your grave with your role would have been worse.

Well, I mean, when you're a powerful PR it's a gamble you have to make, between possibly surviving a lynch without claiming, or claiming and get NK'd. That's what I did since i still had shots, I thought it wasn't really worth it to claim when I only had 4 votes, it was preferrable to risk it. But in a situation like the public execution (lol) there was no other way.

lokiduck

Screen_Shot_2021-08-06_at_8.15.48_PM.png

"Yeah i killed them but I'm not responsible"

:laughing:

:eyes: In truth Zem you didn't kill anyone. Your shot was blocked by Sky, and then scum killed Aeleus with their shot that would have gone through anyways. But hey Aeleus saved three peeps so it's all good.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'm going to be curious why they decided to janitor me since I am the only one so far that has happened to.

lokiduck

I saw the second baby cat fish, Squiggles ;w; So fucking cute. They have def grown a bit.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I want to be offended that I am the boogeyman even in games I don't play but also it's hilarious so /shrug

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Okay, so I haven't read all of this game and early on I did accidentally spoil myself because I went back to look at the review thread (though I only remember like... 1/3 of the scum team). That said, I have two comments:

• I'm very proud of one person who seems to be really on point with reads though it's funny in this game that it's that person (I will say who this is later!)
  • I have a lot of secondhand frustration watching people talk themselves out of very solid and accurate scumreads
    • We do this A LOT - all of us - and it's something I've been trying to work to correct in my play if I'm ever allowed to roll town again so I'm hypertuned to it but woooooow there's a lot of it in there and it's just making me squeeze my eyes shut

malus

#1 official chartmaker
I still think Launch is Scummy. In Scooby Doo he faked a red check to get Scum voted out and here he isn't pushing anything! Slight Scum reads here and there but no conviction behind any of them.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Apparently my Launch reading skills still need more work because I'm not getting very towny vibes from him. I still feel like on D2 he was pair hunting instead of scum hunting and like malus said he hasn't really started pushing anything like I would expect a town Launch to do. His role and his response to Nat on D3 walked me back a bit there but as always I won't feel good until I see his flip.

Leo

Quack Pack King
I've been reading Launch as town, but I have to say I'm a bit put off by him trusting some players so much that it made me wonder if I was right about him or if he's scum.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I still think Launch is Scummy. In Scooby Doo he faked a red check to get Scum voted out and here he isn't pushing anything! Slight Scum reads here and there but no conviction behind any of them.
But sometimes you just don't have the same conviction. Sometimes you are sure and you pull out the stops. Sometimes you just keep throwing things at the wall until you find something that unlocks the game.

I haven't played a lot with Launch so I don't have the same meta measurement scale, but I think that's to my benefit here, because I see someone dug in and pushing and doing a LOT more than he needs to, but it's because he's flailing a bit. The game is not going super well for town.

I think, though, at the end of the day, Launch should be role cleared. That role's not scum (though it would be awesome/terrible if it was). I also don't think scum puts that much work into that role, not even if it's one of us weirdo hyperfocused people. You just don't need to, ever. There are too many other ways to potentially approach that.

Scum Launch wouldn't have to work this hard to control this game, thus it is more likely Launch is town. There are granular things that point to it too but the overarching thing is plenty for me. He'd be lock town to me and I wouldn't even be considering him here.

lokiduck

And VA is trying to lead town and they are just not about it. I support you, VA! Even if you're wrong about yourself and this role!
Yeah i believe in him too :D He def could have handled the role differently but he's doing great considering what he has to work with.

lokiduck

It's hilarious they keep focusing on the whole x shot thing with VA when it doesn't make sense.

The roll gets weaker as powers run out of shots/die. That's how you balance a role like that.

Top Bottom