The O'Driscoll Boys/Soup Tube

Sawneeks

little green dog
YoshiGang_Family.png

YEEHAW AND WELCOME, PARTNER

if you're reading this that means you've been selected to join the most feared, ruthless, and dangerous gang in all the west:

The Yoshi Gang!

we're wanted in more than 12 territories and 16 states for a number of crimes that really don't matter and are mostly tax fraud - what matters now is us, your new family! your past allegances were all leading you to this moment and now no longer matter, what matters is your skills and swift talkin'. hope you're ready to backstab your old allies for fame and fortune!

now we may be outlaws but we got some rules in these parts. they are;
a. be rootin', tootin', an' shootin'
b. respect your fellow yoshis
c. no ruckus with the law - no really, we dont have NKs
d. survive! it's how we win
e. but most importantly, be kind

you got questions? feel free to ask em! we're a family here and we look out for one another.

Sawneeks

little green dog
thanks, friend. you're an honorary yoshi (you too loki. i see that like)

Welcome Sawneeks!

You are Colm O'Driscoll the Cult Leader

You are aligned with No one

Due to some recent setbacks, you find yourself without your gang, but there seems to be enough chaos around where you think you might be able to recruit some people that otherwise would not have joined. During the night you may use the command Recruit: (Name) and the player will join your cult the next night if they're recruitable. You also have a 1-shot Bulletproof. If targeted by a kill you will not die. If Dutch Van Der Linde is killed you will gain more power. You will be given a 1-shot Vigilante shot that you can use at night with the command Shoot: (Name) to kill the targeted player. You will not be able to recruit the night that this is used.

You win when the Cult controls 50% of the vote.

Sawneeks

little green dog
trying to cut down the list of who to recruit is surprisingly tough! got a lot of ideal people i'd love to have here but i imagine there'll be a lot of bullets flying and i dont want us revealed so early. gonna wait to see how day end shakes out but im debating between trying for Ephi, Kyan, or Donnie tonight.

i also want HP but im thinking a late game grab for him.

Sawneeks

little green dog
RIP lux, what a weird shift there. not gonna bother with Faddy since he is likely swarming with stuff tonight. leaning hard towards Kyaa but part of me thinks he's a decent NK choice too? and dont want to waste a recruit since it takes so long to go into effect.

not going to recruit:
Wizard - really think he's scum or a rival cult. he's got something
Terra - very likely town but i also see him being NKed
Rando/Fanto - i legit soul read Rando so, no. that's scum.
Maol/Zeke/Faddy - too volatile to get into since they likely get PRs on em, NKed, Vig'd, or some other revealing thing

Want to/Good picks:
HP - he shares my curse of living till end game and that's good for a cult. but i know he gets lax when non-town so i want to grab him later on when he's more established as his townself
Kyaa - great scum play and can melt into the background with ease.
Ephi - cant hate a top townie on your side. also stop scumreading me pls
Haw - great scum play as well but gets NKed at times.
Donnie/Launch - share the same space in my mind. both are good players and it would help to have them on my side but i worry they could get NKed

hmmmm. gonna think on it more. it's tough to decide since i really have no basis for how many kills we will have flying around tonight.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
@Kyanrute In addition to your PR you now have the ability to recruit cultist. By using the command Recruit: Player you will target the player and add them to the cult if able. Only one power can be used during the night phase

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Cult will be public. Chances are that Sneeks got a shot off.
Chances are that Faddy will get the package.
Chances are that the connection between it and my ah-so-unfortunate crumb will be made. If not today, then at some point in the future.
Even if he does not get it, I must pursue the point a bit and get quite close to revealing my role.
I have no reason to not use my role - in fact I must use it - for every night I leave tracks, I prove that I am not the potential Cultist that might still exist.
But it is utterly unfathomable to abstain from recruiting, nothing is as op as recruiting is.

So I can't ever play for long term and I just have to accept that I will die before D5. Damn.

Come what may.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
grrr I now understand why sneeks was town reading poor kyaaa man that was somewhat weird I thought

how little I knew

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
or was it that i shot blarg and he did not die hmm. funny how your brain makes you forget all the traumatic events of your life.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Should you choose to join us (points at the Grandmaster's decaying corpse sitting on the throne), new supplicant, here are some tidbits that might help you on your first day as a bright young cultist of our fine cult:

WE ARE FUCKED.

Your master, yours truly, apologizes for putting you into this fine mess. There are good and bad news. The good news is, that the bad news make me laugh every time I think of them. The bad news:

1) Your master is kind of new at this master business. I know how to make soup though. I am a Soup Vendor. To the best of my knowledge, my soup is pretty ok. I wouldn't know, I haven't tasted it myself, but Faddy did not seem to mind it. It does nothing. I do not know the message that the recipient gets.
2) Because of the Grandmaster's... temporary leave of absence, I have my hands full with the master business, which means no soup. Now, some might consider it strange that a soup-man like myself spends a night doing something else or even nothing, instead of handing out the pretty ok soup.

Thus, let me present you with your first task, supplicant:

wtf do we do lol

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
A more serious take on this:

-1) Pretyping this all since I might be sleeping when the day starts.

0) I strongly believe that once I die, the recruitment power dies with me. Cult is almost impossible to kill otherwise. Me getting the power should just have been a safety mechanic that eliminates some remote scenarios in which it is possible for Cult to lose on N1.

1) I am a Soup Vendor, nothing but your ordinary FV with a coat of paint. I gave some soup to Faddy on N1 (I was young and town then!) and he got it. I mentioned soup in a post on D1, it ain't the biggest crumb ever, but it is there. The soup does nothing. I do not know the message that the recipient gets, so we cannot lie about receiving soup as long as Faddy can disprove it. I imagine that the message might just be the standard "You got some soup!" in red, but there is no way to know that.

2) As a townie, there is no reason for me to ever do anything but give out soup. I have now broken this rule. If I was a good little townie, once everyone has shown up, I should set out to seek the missing soup. I will effectively need to soft claim and name my target. You were my target and I did not soup you, so before I say anything, I want to hear your take on our plan of action. Do I lie and say I targeted someone else? Do I dare to say that I targeted you? Or do I just say nothing and hope that nobody cares about such a minor detail as a bowl of missing soup?

3) I fear that if I out my connection with the soup, someone will make the connection that my missing action could just be me getting in front of the missing soup. No soup? You never gave it out, you filthy cultist you. Lying about the target easily sets up a cascade of lies that cannot be controlled. Saying that I targeted you will attach you and I and once one of us flips, you know where everyone else will be looking next.

Silence seems like the best option to me. It means that I will have issues once mass claim comes around, but lets worry about that when we get there. I have an excuse for the crumb, should it ever come up.

Top Bottom