80s Wrestling Mafia - Spec Thread

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
I haven't seen the 0 or 1 distiction before either.
I feel like I've seen role madness games with multiples of roles but it's entirely possible my memories are blurring games that had other tags together.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
It's one of those things that is just pretty dependent on what you've heard before. I'm pretty sure we have a standard definition in documents and then everyone promptly forgets.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
The two definitions I always heard were "everyone has a power role" or "everyone has a different role". It's definitely meant to signal the existence of one or less Vanillas around here.

Since Duck Tales got brought up, and as the person who reviewed that game, yes there were technically multiple Vanillas, but as mentioned, they were secretly recruitable Neighbors, and were also the inheritance succession too for Scrooge iirc, so they had a lot more going on behind the scenes than just being pure Vanilla Townies for the whole game.

Donnie

Mafia, pocketed, or dead N1
That's what you get killing all the memers

georgie-we-all-float.gif

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
The two definitions I always heard were "everyone has a power role" or "everyone has a different role". It's definitely meant to signal the existence of one or less Vanillas around here.

Since Duck Tales got brought up, and as the person who reviewed that game, yes there were technically multiple Vanillas, but as mentioned, they were secretly recruitable Neighbors, and were also the inheritance succession too for Scrooge iirc, so they had a lot more going on behind the scenes than just being pure Vanilla Townies for the whole game.
Yeah, that one had layers.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I wonder if wee will realize this thread would be easy to control. wee realizes and it’s endgame, over, done.

That she hasn’t should maybe be a red flag but that’s so meta idk if it’ll come up. But wee is too organized for this muddy stagnation.

I'm not all that surprised, given whose left, zeke still thinks anyone bar sparks could be scum.. wee is probably just happy to let the day float along as is, and lp seemingly got scum read for actually trying lol

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
I wouldn't put much stake on it being over for town. I've seen games like this where there was one last scum several days away from winning and town seemed hopelessly lost as to who to vote out until like 30 minutes before EoD someone has a sudden realization and rallies votes to kick the last mafioso.

The thing about being the last mafia player left is that even if you are well blended in, you are extremely susceptible to wild swings.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I wonder if wee will realize this thread would be easy to control. wee realizes and it’s endgame, over, done.

That she hasn’t should maybe be a red flag but that’s so meta idk if it’ll come up. But wee is too organized for this muddy stagnation.
Hard to say if that will work out in her favour, if you look at the day LP had yesterday and the questions Zeke is poking him with today it seems like there will be backlash to trying to drive too much.

Was hoping LP might catch that wee was showing similar tells to the way he approached solo scum in Ducktales, but Wee is blending well here.

Last edited:

Donnie

Kind of wild to see it like this when Town are still in such a strong position. There's lost town and then there's just literally town not playing for almost an entire day phase. I don't really get it but as Turm says , maybe they just need the clock on their back to get going again.

Donnie

Let's go Jman!

Yeah because I was pretty convinced it was Turmoil lol. The fact is that he was more active and engaged than others so you could find something incriminating. It's harder to scum read EC, wee, and Z-Beat when they were hardly around on D2 to affect the conversation. Now when you're solo scum you just go along for the ride as long as it's not yourself.

This is also a really strong reassessment by LP mid game, it's kind of hard to take stock and get this perspective when you're in the thick of it but it really is the age-old loud town killing itself. Making this point now is really key for the folks who are feeling unsure or lost oppose to his last post that was getting paranoid so good play.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Also that number is silly and dumb and I kind of love it. 31 posts in 43 hours?!?!

turmoil7

I kinda wish they "test jman" just to see what dumpster fire this turns into in later phases

Donnie

Well if I get shot, don't get all paranoid. Imo

Jman, Zeke, Sparks, HP, LP are solid and should not be miseliminated because of any wild theories. Still think Kop and Z-Beat get a decent boost out of how things played out last day phase for their slots.

Votes on EC, Zeke and Jman right now. :Larry: please please stop making it this easy for Wee to hide lol that vote on LP should stick out like a sore thumb

turmoil7

Yeah, I don't know if this is a first time from EC, but I wouldn't mind if he is put on a two strike policy from now on regarding being allowed to sign up for new games.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
There’s no actual rule there. We should consider adding one. I’m not in favor of blocking folks from play over a few posts but it may be time for sportsmanship expectations to be codified.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Like if he's serious about this I'm strongly advocating killing him day 1 as a policy kill from now on if we don't put a rule in place. It's one thing to not play great but to go out there and be a liability on purpose is just fucking shitty trolling

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
All I'll say is literally no one is trying to rally town and work together, if town lose this that's why and not because of a stupid vote by ec.

Oh yeah there was many attempts to right this ship and everyone has just been sitting on their hands. This doesn't change the fact that purposefully trying to lose is a shitty thing to do.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
All I'll say is literally no one is trying to rally town and work together, if town lose this that's why and not because of a stupid vote by ec.
This, 100%.

I think maybe we need to discuss rules about throwing instead of just replacing out but that’s not what’s dragging the game down.

Also stop praising wee for spinning her wheels and just saying stuff!! ahhhhh

Donnie

Also stop praising wee for spinning her wheels and just saying stuff!! ahhhhh

Lmao right Wee is just keeping everyone open (as she should ofc). Zeke said it himself, she said one thing one day about Turm then flipped when it suited the next day - what could this mean lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Right?! wee shows up and basically says “so I read some posts,” but because NOTHING is happening everyone is all oh, how town of you.

As bad or annoying as that ec post is, unless you think he's scum literally throwing in the towel it makes no sense to vote him out actually thinking he's scum.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
We literally played the first 5 phases about as perfectly as possible and scum are still gonna win.

Donnie

There's the talk about sportsmanship which imo is totally valid, players shouldn't be playing against their wincon , and it probably does need to be codified.

Then there's EC in practise, this should really clear him tbh lol there's no reason scum would behave like that right now (in that sense it's actually a little unfair to Wee). It's anti town because he's doing it at a time town desperately needs to get engaged and active and talk to each other but it's not really scum; folks were more enthused about voting Jman than him so there was no pressure there to give up.

EC is just a number of players who rolled town but have refused to engage or provide reads all game long (he was really pleased to not have to provide reads to me lol like what?) and it's now strangling all the effort put in previously as people get off in their own little silos or tunnels and aren't legitimately thinking on what each other say. 5 days of W doesn't mean anything if the folks who made it happen are dead and you won't step up. I was doing isos in Chuggs' night chat even lol it only happens if you make it happen.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
Zeke's chart clears Jman imo. Why would he vote his own teammate two days in a row when they weren't a wagon lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I think you make some good points, Donnie. It funny, I was just thinking last night that many seasons ago, there was a whole THING in the review thread about LP dropping numbers in posts to hit 10 and how it was unsportsmanlike because it was a lack of engagement and I kinda had a chuckle because it seems so quaint. We have improved in SO many ways but trying to get a bunch of people to play together in sustained ways remains hard. Everyone comes in differently and wants different things.

Late game gets hard. Sometimes I wonder if we don’t need a “halftime” break but sometimes it would kill momentum and sometimes it would help. It’s hard to find solutions that don’t create other issues.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Eh, tbf, scum does that all the time to attempt a lack of connection.

Yeah especially when they aren't actually a wagon and you're not pushing it really. It's an easy bus "Look I was on scum!"

I think you kind of need the context of Jman doing just weird shit with his vote most day phases

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
As bad or annoying as that ec post is, unless you think he's scum literally throwing in the towel it makes no sense to vote him out actually thinking he's scum.

Yeah, as bad as the post itself is I'm not sure if it's terrible play because it should show that he's town. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to read EC one way or another but this just seems like a normal EC town move.

Donnie

Late game gets hard. Sometimes I wonder if we don’t need a “halftime” break but sometimes it would kill momentum and sometimes it would help. It’s hard to find solutions that don’t create other issues.

What we need is probably the opposite. Some kind of....

Nightless

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah, as bad as the post itself is I'm not sure if it's terrible play because it should show that he's town. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to read EC one way or another but this just seems like a normal EC town move.
It's not really about reading him as town at the end of the day. It's about reading him and town and not being able to trust he's joking/stunting about supporting a scum victory. Where's the line between "I'm fed up, vote me out" and someone who may actually just be throwing because they are mad or frustrated?

You can make an argument for that play as valid and certainly we see moves like that all the time. But just as with everything else, there is a line there - how do we find it?

Donnie

I still cannot believe that was your first game. Fucking trial by fire

Lmao the only previous game I'd read was a couple of pages on the end of Nier and it was literally just the cult activating lmao :cor: genuinely still an interesting experience lol

Top Bottom