Pair Thread Conspiracy Theorists' Tinder App

Really though, it's nice that I finally get a cool ability (none of that Death Faker stuff that has extremely circumstantial use cases). I mean, it took being in a role madness bastard game for it to finally happen to me, but yeah. =P

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Lovers is a cool role. We're generally less likely to be lynched so can play much more freely in the early phases.

On the flip side we're more likely to be NK'd, but such is life.

What makes you say that, that we’re less likely to be lynched? Is it because we wouldn’t vote for each other?

Well, under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but considering the nature of the game I’m not removing the possibility of you being scum (which would make our suicide pact all the more interesting, frankly). I know that the Lovers role is almost always between two townies, but we are in a bastard game that will likely through us for a loop multiple times.

For now, though, I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. =)

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I meant that it's a pretty solid role claim, so even if people start pushing for us we can at least part-verify ourselves.

Mixed-alignment lovers in a game like this is a fair point though

Thinking emoji

I think I'm going to intentionally move to the least populous room before the end of the day. That way, in case a bad thing happens to me and it's determined to be a room-specific ability, it would narrow down the list of suspects. Plus, it would also likely lessen the chance of something bad happening to me.

What do you think of this whole map mechanic, by the way?

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
No idea, I don't think speculation will get us very far until we at least have some claims/flips to consider

Do you think we should try and be in the same room each night?

I don't have a clue. I think it's fine for one or two nights, but it'd be bad if we make a habit of it since it's easy enough to track.

Maybe we can both try my suggestion of going to the least populous room for Night 1 since we tentatively trust each other, but it'll be hard to make that sort of coordination appear natural in-game.

It's honestly pretty funny that I'm finally playing a game of Mafia where I deceive people, but instead of tricking town I'm trying to trick scum into thinking that I'm no one important lol.

...By the way, I really hope that melon isn't scum. That would be very bad for your (and also my) lifespan.

Oh, one more thought: I wonder how the no spec thread rule works in relation to our ability. Can we still talk to each other after we die? I doubt @Franconp will tell us anything useful in that regard.

I really don't like Faddy's role claim. It's pretty terrible on the surface level.

Is it possible that he is trying to bait something?

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Could be. It really doesn't make much sense to claim it here

Multiple chats? In role madness? *Pretends to be shocked*

Who are your lynch candidates for today? I’m thinking of Faddy, Geno, or Sparks.

-Faddy for the odd role claim and maybe taking advantage of his purported ability.
-Geno because of how little justification he’s giving for his votes (reminds me of TMBM), although he’s not nearly as aggressive this time.
-Sparks for the same reason as Geno, but with seemingly even less effort.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I'm pretty torn between Terra and Geno. Geno is kinda more "obviously" scum but Terra has been giving me really bad vibes.

Wasn't expecting Sorian to jump on the Terra vote, not sure how to feel about that.

I don't like Faddy's start to the game but wouldn't lynch there just yet

Well, try not to get lynched yourself lol. I don't really have a way to defend you right now without it coming off as suspicious since our play so far has been pretty independent of each other.

And B-Dubs is town, as I expected. I have no idea why a lynch train was started on him when Geno, Terra, and Sparks are acting far more scummy. It really sucks that I can’t participate in the final hour of the day on weekdays (except Tuesday) because I’m driving, so all I can do is watch the horror unfurl before my eyes.

By the way, I do not buy that cop claim at all. Do you?

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
It felt extremely convenient at least. I feel the over reliance on breadcrumbs is more scum than town as well.

Then again I don't think he actually showed the breadcrumbs, which is weird. Maybe just a timing thing.

It felt extremely convenient at least. I feel the over reliance on breadcrumbs is more scum than town as well.

Then again I don't think he actually showed the breadcrumbs, which is weird. Maybe just a timing thing.
Yeah, I'm not the most observant person in the world, but I really didn't see anything of the kind.

Claiming cop with 2 minutes left is one of the worst things you can do as town. He was in the running to get lynched for enough time to not have to induce a panic like that. Something similar happened in TMBM with a last minute doctor claim and everyone rightfully called BS on that. We should've done the same here. =/

Guess not...

You know, seeing as you're supposed to be one of the more active Mafia players I expected more engagement coming from you. Give me something to work with here! This is the first game I've played where I have an actual cool role (Death Faker in Marvel Mafia was super lame despite how I ultimately used it and I've been vanilla town in every other game), and I don't want to feel like I'm playing a vanilla role again.

Like, the craziest thing I can think of is that once that timer reaches 0, a bomb will destroy 1 random room and kill everyone in it or something. Makes sense flavor-wise, I guess.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
That's a good point about scum killing in a room they aren't in. I'm starting to think the rooms are indeed a red herring.

I'll present my bomb theory to the thread the next day phase in case the countdown timer ticks down again. It'd be best for everyone to split up the room distribution by the end of the day just in case.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
We'd better make sure we're in the same room then too, otherwise we're looking at a 50% chance of death

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I don't think you're being too harsh but you are repeating yourself a lot. Both of you are, that argument hasn't moved forward in several posts. I'd move on, I think people more or less agree with you and Terra isn't gonna drop it

I'm not sure how to interpret Blarg's vote against me. One of the few instances where he's speaking coherently and the argument he makes against me makes no sense.

By the way, I don't think I've ever been town-read so early in a game before. I think I've always seemed scummy to everyone until late game usually.

I guess it's because I have more things to focus on than usual at this point in the game? When I don't have anything to go by I tend to just stand by until something happens, because I'm not really good at making something out of nothing like some of the other players.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I find a lot of Blarg's theories to be a bit "out there", to be honest.

As for the town reads... I dunno, guess you're involved and not visibly holding back. There's quite a few coasters in this game so that's enough for most people, for now.

Huh, I just realized that we never confirmed our flavor with each other. That makes me feel a lot better about you since I also believe in aliens.

In particular, I believe that Elvis, MJ, and John Lennon are still alive and were abducted by aliens.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I have even less interest in flavour than most, so it never occurred to me to check :p

But yeah, mine is exactly what you just said

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I'm really struggling to pick a lynch target today. Sparks is being voted by both Terra and Fanto, neither of whom I trust. Chugger seems to be an option, but he was also chosen by Fanto. Terra won't be lynched today for... reasonable reasons. I'm tempted to join Faddy on that Stan vote but even that's a shot in the dark.

What are you thinking?

OK, sorry for the late reply. Work today was swamped with meetings.

Let me just steal L_P's list...

Lone_Prodigy: Null. As usual. -_-
malus: Still in newbie grace period, but time is out after today. Null.
Fantomas: I think I can follow melon's vote on him. Lean scum.
Verelios: Lean town, I guess.
Geno: Scum. My opinion has not changed since D1.
Faddy: Very slightly town.
Comrade Sparkster: Scum. Completely useless to town, too.
Blarg: The room assignment makes me lean town, but his argument against me is still wack.
Stan: Null. Was leaning scum earlier but he is putting forth more effort now.
Chugg: Welp, the gossip role helps his case a lot. Seems pretty useless for a scum/neutral role. Town.
Poltergust: Town's worst enemy.
Terraforce: I still think he's scum but will be patient for one more day.
Kalor: I have no idea.
Melon: She's been acting weird but I'm not getting any dishonest vibes from her. Town.
Splinter: At this point you're basically confirmed town to me. Town is so screwed if you are actually scum lol.
Fire: Seems town to me, but I don't think I've ever seen him play scum.
Nin: Same as Kalor.
Ketkat: Eh... null I guess. Not really on my list of priorities right now.
Sorian: I think he's the real cop. Town.

So yeah, I'm inclined to see a Fantomas or Geno lynch today. Since there is currently a train on the former, I'll post this list (with edits to remove any Lovers references) to the thread to justify my vote for him.

I have to say I'm concerned about these votes being held against me. If I'm still in danger an hour from now I'll have no choice but to role claim, if you're alright with that. Half an hour to re-allocate votes should be plenty of time.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
There is 0 chance you'll be lynched today. The argument for it is garbage, and almost everyone has explicitly said so.

This really shouldn't happen, though. Nothing about the way I've been playing should seem scummy to people, yet people are willing to jump onto my train anyways simply due to a mechanics hypothesis.

Hmm... with this surge of votes I wouldn't be surprised now if Sparks actually is town. I mean, I am OK with him getting lynched since he's totally useless to town, but yeah.

By the way, if Chugg visits either of us should we reveal that we're Lovers? I'm leaning towards yes because I just doubt he's scum at this point, but if you're against it then I'll keep that a secret.

The best thing that the gamerunners can do for this is to just give town the L for today and make Sparks today's lynch. That's the only way the integrity of the game can be preserved.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I'm thinking Faddy's scum tbh. He's not been on top of things normally as much as he usually is. And his defense of Fanto came in so late, it's like he didn't want to do it.

By the way, I'm scared of this night becoming a bloodbath. It's entirely possible that Zipped used his ability to delay someone's death for a day and that Sorian's ability may lead to someone else dying. Then there is the Arsonist to worry about later who will likely kill a whole bunch of people in another night or two.

Yeah, that has to be it. Blarg is usually a better player than that and must have gotten a false red-check on me. I can't think of any other reason why Blarg would try to start a train on me.

Sucks that Sparks hurt us in more ways than one there. =/

Please don’t make me be the one to reveal to everyone else our role. If you’ve been found out, just accept it and move on.

Man, it sucks it had to happen this way (since I die too), but I would have never voted for you otherwise, so good call by Sorian.

Top Bottom