Gossip Thread Orb Chat 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Wild Shark Appears

Our resident acupuncturist
Heya Kyanrute! This is the Chugg's role created by jman. Just to clarify, Chugg first gifted the role to Sawneeks. Sawneeks attempted to use it on ATP but for some reason the orb went to me.

Also I'm a neighborizer. On Night 1 I invited Sawneeks to my neighborhood and tonight I invited Chugg.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Is that like a N0 start or something, how on earth does this work. Launch somehow knew about the orb too but you don't mention him. Was that just a coincidence?

I don't yet get when all these actions were performed.

A Wild Shark Appears

As far as I know Launch saying the word orb was a coincidence. The way Sawneeks worded it was a little hard to understand so I'm going to ask for some clarification.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Regardless, this is a good thing if not for anything else than for the fact that now I have to get a read on you. Right now my shallow impression is that I don't get why you've got the few town reads you've gotten. Neeks I think was one of the people who town read you, this might explain some of it. But I have to emphasize that my read on you is so shallow that it might as well not exist yet. You've just been a blind spot that I haven't had the time to fix.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Chuggs chatted with Neeks. Neeks chatted with you. You are chatting with me. Is that correct?

The ATP thing is odd. When exactly did Neeks use the Orb on ATP?

A Wild Shark Appears

Regardless, this is a good thing if not for anything else than for the fact that now I have to get a read on you. Right now my shallow impression is that I don't get why you've got the few town reads you've gotten. Neeks I think was one of the people who town read you, this might explain some of it. But I have to emphasize that my read on you is so shallow that it might as well not exist yet. You've just been a blind spot that I haven't had the time to fix.
I can understand your concerns. I feel like one of my weaknesses in mafia is that I'm not very good at solving. I've tried to step up my communication this game, but I know that some of my logic is not very solid to say the least.

Chuggs chatted with Neeks. Neeks chatted with you. You are chatting with me. Is that correct?

The ATP thing is odd. When exactly did Neeks use the Orb on ATP?
I believe that she used the Orb on ATP on night 1.

A Wild Shark Appears

BTW here's the role I created:

This is the flavor I based it on https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Bartolomeo

My flavor name is Bartolomeo the Cannibal, the role's name is Barrier Human.

The first ability is Barrier. This is a night action where the user can surround the target with a barrier. Any action taken against that target has the action repelled towards its user.

The second ability is Give Me Your Autograph. This is a night action where the user can check if their target is from the Straw Hat Grand Fleet (town). If the target is town they'll be notified that they were visited by a fan and will leave an autograph which the user will receive. If they are scum they will not be notified and they will leave no autograph, and the user gets no result. Any autograph the user receives is posted in a mod post at the start of the day for the general thread. The autographs posted in the mod post have all identifying information of who they're from taken out.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I can understand your concerns. I feel like one of my weaknesses in mafia is that I'm not very good at solving. I've tried to step up my communication this game, but I know that some of my logic is not very solid to say the least.

I believe that she used the Orb on ATP on night 1.

You are too harsh on yourself when my read is based on just briefly glancing at your posts every time I see them. My opinion should evolve before the next day starts and I see no reason why it couldn't turn into a favorable one. We'll see.

I am starting to understand why Chuggs was confused by this role. Wait. Are you in a second chat right now with Neeks and Chuggs? Oh shit, are you stacking chats? Neighborizer. That is bloody cool if you are doing it. Man you gotta explain this all to me in detail, I am confused. Let me offer you my certainly mistaken impression on this and you can tell me how it actually is.

N0 Chuggs Orbs Neeks. They chat during pregame? Chuggs doesn't get to chat with people, he just decides who is the first person in the invite chain?
N1 Neeks Orbs ATP but the action goes to you. SHENANIGANS.
N1 you invite Neeks to Mr. Cat's Flaming Tavern. You can do this because your action takes place at the end of the night.
N2 you Orb me and here we are.
N2 you invited Chuggs so I guess he is not in Mr. Cat's Flaming Tavern yet, he'll get there when action lock.

Are you familiar with Mr. Cat's Flaming Tavern?

A Wild Shark Appears

You are too harsh on yourself when my read is based on just briefly glancing at your posts every time I see them. My opinion should evolve before the next day starts and I see no reason why it couldn't turn into a favorable one. We'll see.

I am starting to understand why Chuggs was confused by this role. Wait. Are you in a second chat right now with Neeks and Chuggs? Oh shit, are you stacking chats? Neighborizer. That is bloody cool if you are doing it. Man you gotta explain this all to me in detail, I am confused. Let me offer you my certainly mistaken impression on this and you can tell me how it actually is.

N0 Chuggs Orbs Neeks. They chat during pregame? Chuggs doesn't get to chat with people, he just decides who is the first person in the invite chain?
N1 Neeks Orbs ATP but the action goes to you. SHENANIGANS.
N1 you invite Neeks to Mr. Cat's Flaming Tavern. You can do this because your action takes place at the end of the night.
N2 you Orb me and here we are.
N2 you invited Chuggs so I guess he is not in Mr. Cat's Flaming Tavern yet, he'll get there when action lock.

Are you familiar with Mr. Cat's Flaming Tavern?
Haha I'm familiar and I can assure you that there are no fire puns whatsoever in my thread. And Neeks clarified it for me. So Chugg thought that if he passed the orb to someone that they could either keep it or pass it along, and he thought whoever had it last would be the one to enter the night chat. He sent it to Neeks whom received the chat and the orb at the start of Night 1. I received the orb from Neeks at the start of Day 2 and I sent it to you during Day 2. Chugg will get into the neighborhood at the start of Day 3.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
The first ability is Barrier. This is a night action where the user can surround the target with a barrier. Any action taken against that target has the action repelled towards its user.

The second ability is Give Me Your Autograph. This is a night action where the user can check if their target is from the Straw Hat Grand Fleet (town). If the target is town they'll be notified that they were visited by a fan and will leave an autograph which the user will receive. If they are scum they will not be notified and they will leave no autograph, and the user gets no result. Any autograph the user receives is posted in a mod post at the start of the day for the general thread. The autographs posted in the mod post have all identifying information of who they're from taken out.

Information overload. What are the implications here. There is a tiny chance that Vere ended up with your role and just pulled off a gambit against Fran. If that's the case, he will barrier and hope that scum try to shoot him. If it is not Vere, then the person who has the role might've stayed silent because the role does not discern between a red, block and ascetic. I like the role, I didn't get it unfortunately.

If scum got it, could they even use the second ability? No. It'd be a waste of an action and in the worst case scenario it could actually green someone. That'd be the 3rd explanation as to why we haven't yet seen an autograph posted.

A Wild Shark Appears

Information overload. What are the implications here. There is a tiny chance that Vere ended up with your role and just pulled off a gambit against Fran. If that's the case, he will barrier and hope that scum try to shoot him. If it is not Vere, then the person who has the role might've stayed silent because the role does not discern between a red, block and ascetic. I like the role, I didn't get it unfortunately.

If scum got it, could they even use the second ability? No. It'd be a waste of an action and in the worst case scenario it could actually green someone. That'd be the 3rd explanation as to why we haven't yet seen an autograph posted.
I didn't consider that there could be an ascetic role, do you think it's likely that there's one in this game? The only other reason I could think of why there's no autograph would be because you might no be able to use both abilities in one night, but according to the finalized role I received I didn't see anything that implied that. I was talking with Neeks about this and we agreed that I should bring up at least the second ability tomorrow. How do you feel about that idea?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I didn't consider that there could be an ascetic role, do you think it's likely that there's one in this game? The only other reason I could think of why there's no autograph would be because you might no be able to use both abilities in one night, but according to the finalized role I received I didn't see anything that implied that. I was talking with Neeks about this and we agreed that I should bring up at least the second ability tomorrow. How do you feel about that idea?

I don't think it is that likely because the roles got swapped. It is very good in scum hands and if town got it, it could hurt scum a bit. It also isn't that good of a role to make, because it isn't that good of a town role. You'd look bad claiming that you made an ascetic something. I forgot one other thing from that list and this has a good chance to exist: commuter. The power wouldn't be able to tell whether someone was scum or a commuter.

I think using both abilities in a night is broken without some restrictions. X-shot barrier, not using the check and barrier on the same target, require that the barrier moves between people each night, make it so that you can never barrier anyone more than once, no self-targeting, something.

I'd wait about half a day before revealing the ability. See if someone does anything with it. If nobody says anything, just mention the ability and see what happens then. I am very surprised if no checks would've been performed by tomorrow so there should be at least some information to consider. Our position is such that a few more checks could take us very close to solving the game. Even if we end up with "just" information, that will restrict the claims that people can make.

I'll go to bed now, hopefully I have the time for the rest before the day starts lol. Have to read you, Neeks, decide who to Orb, think about that ATP mystery and other general things. Oh, there was that fun universal backup thing too. Fun.

A Wild Shark Appears

G’night!

Also here’s some info from my chat with neeks.

She has a mod kill restriction placed upon the role she inherited and can’t talk about it.

Nin is a neighborizor as well and invited her into his neighborhood.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
A half of the in-game day btw. Would love to get some actual opinions out of people, Follow the Cop doesn't really help with those.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
no. no more information. one more mod kill restriction, what. but it's in reverse this time. nin has a tavern too. why does everyone want to talk with neeks.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
There are at least some hints toward what happened with ATP. Functionally it should be an action that takes place during the twilight between day and night. A Jailer wouldn't work since the Orb still moved. Twilight Switcher? Confusing.

What's nin up to? He should be town, out of him and Fran he would've been the 1st kill to happen if things proceeded without cop checks on Fran. Shading the deep awooo~ is a move somewhere between pointless and team-damaging for scum in that position.

If town got malus' universal backup, there is a good chance that we have a ATP 2.0 somewhere out there. If scum got it, Zeke's balls might be something that they'd want to play with (HEH). Zeke 2.0 in the best case would be a 3-1 swing for scum and I am afraid of that, because a sudden scum swing was what ended Greed Island.

A Wild Shark Appears

It might have been Terra as well right? We don't know who he used his power on before he died.

Can you clarify what you mean by "Shading the deep awooo~?"

I hope that a town player got it because ATP's role was strong as hell! Even if they did get Zeke's role isn't our lead huge right now? Monkey hypothesized that there'd be a team of 4 scum so there should only be 2 left right?

I was rereading the thread and I'm pretty sure that Zipped was the one who made Fran's role. https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...make-it-out-in-one-piece.323194/post-51498260 this feels like a breadcrumb to me.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Oh yeah, I forgot that Terra was a redirector. I think that's the idea to go with.

I can explain that. Coming into D2 nin was somewhat scum read and Fran was rather town read. Fran was at that point a deep wolf and wolves go awooo~, that's really it. If one of your mates gets into a good position like that, what is the reason for weakening their position with your shade, especially if contrarians in general are considered suspicious. There is no clear reason to do that in my opinion. Scum nin would just bring attention to himself in the worst case and in the "best" case he'd make people reconsider their town reads on Fran. You bus the weak links to let the strong ones thrive and Fran was a strong one before Vere cut him in half.

Our position is good at worst. The scum team might be a team of five, that ain't too outlandish. It is possible that scum just die to attrition now unless they can kill off all of our cops and cleared-townies-to-be in quick succession.

It does look like Zipped made Fran's role. Fake Override has some questionable qualities to it but I wouldn't call it a clear scum tell. Him tunneling turmoil for one is much more problematic.

I'll try to squeeze in a read on you and Neeks before the day starts.

A Wild Shark Appears

I wanted to pick people I was sure were town. Originally I was hoping I could add Monkey but she died. I felt really good about Neeks and Chuggs on Day 1. It was initially a coin toss on who to invite, but when I read this post by Monkey I decided to pick Neeks first https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...make-it-out-in-one-piece.323194/post-51502871. I wanted to chat with you because I thought that move you pulled against Fran was a very pro town move so I'm confident that you're town. Also from playing games with you I think you have great solving skills. I thought picking you to give the info I've collected would be the best move I could make with the orb.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I wonder what kind of a scum would you play, you've never been one right?

Thinking that the panda flip was real lol. That's one of those reactions that can be hard to pull of as scum. Your Zeke vote is not one of the earliest votes so you don't get karma for that. Your thoughts regarding Zeke are ok. Fran wanted to give you the fruit instead of Jman but you didn't care that much about the possibility that you could die. I like your reaction to Zeke's 2nd shot, the concerns you had with it might be typical but the pacing of them is good. The questions fly out, what gives me the impression that your discomfort with the play was genuine. If this reaction was genuine, it gives credence to the idea that your earlier reactions to Zeke were genuine as well.

Around D2 start you've become enough of a household townie name that you start to appear in read lists as town. I feel like that some of those reads are not true and that scum are just afraid of going against the tide. You just get name dropped with flimsy reasoning like he feels town and nothing in his posts stands out to me and I think someone even used Monkey's read as a reason to read you as town. You are a easy addition to read lists it seems like and I think that scum would reason their reads on you better if you were scum.

And this chat has been good I think. I don't know how you play scum, but your play here seems too genuine for you to be one. Scum don't drop information like this, they kill it before it gets out. Doing a town core to secure information is good. I'd bet that you are town.

A Wild Shark Appears

Yup I've never rolled scum and I'm a little scared for when I finally do. That panda incident was not one of my finest moments lol. I do feel kind of weird showing up in some people's townlist. "feels town" is nebulous and I'd like to play in a way where people have more concrete reasons to believe I'm town. I've been trying to follow this article when playing my town game, but I'm still not quite there yet https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/23470-20-How-To-Put-Wolves-In-A-Box-(by-Newcomb).

Yeah I'm a little traumatized from that Halloween mafia game I played where I rolled innocent child. I felt like I wasted my role for town that game, so this time I wanted to use my role to the best of my ability.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
IC ain't the most fun of roles to play because people just don't talk to cleared townies that much. Most of the reactive work just disappears and you have to be very proactive to make the best of it. And if you do it correctly, you just die early and everyone forgets what you said a day later.

A Wild Shark Appears

Haha, yeah this role is a lot more fun.

Is there any other kind of info you'd like before our chat ends?

Who do you want to look at today?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
That was a nice article, the hug box is to be loved. Don't think that I am missing anything obvious when it comes to info and if I remember something, I'll just poke you in the main thread. I'm interested in the Hawthorn / malus / loki / Zipped block today.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
So this is likely a illegal chat then. I think we should stop talking now, more of this would go against the spirit of the rules at least.

Was nice having a talk with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom