Pair Thread A Candlelit Dinner at Cathy's Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
A blind date, my how exciting, a couple rules for the night:
-This night you are both lovers, if one of you is killed so will the other
-You get to enjoy this chat for the night period and then it will be locked never to be seen again

Make the most of your evening you star crossed lovers ;)

Apple

Costume Account
Feel like there's not much to talk about with that day end. That explains why Geno was playing kind of weird I guess, but Launch was probably an easy place for scum to hide

Apple

Costume Account
Ehhhhhh, I think another role did this and it's only for a night so I don't think we would both need to be town

Apple

Costume Account
It makes me think we're being watched by whoever put us here, and that person could be scum so maybe we should be careful what we say in here lol.

Although if they are scum this is just free double night kill and that seems kind of busted

Apple

Costume Account
The newbies are kind of throwing me for a loop right now, just because I haven't played with them much. I think Leo is town as of right now though. Dude is putting in a lot of work and I don't see scum doing that even if I disagree with most of their takes. Need to look back on the game after day end, but with the way it ended I don't think it's going to be the most illuminating.

You have anyone jumping out to you?

Pear

Costume Account
I have town reads on Ephidel and HPSauce. I feel like they've both been putting in good effort. What do you think about that wagon on TheChuggernaut?

Apple

Costume Account
Ephi I could see. I have a big null on HP lol. Anything that's making you town read him?

Not a fan of it, but I don't scum read either ATP and Hedin. If scum was being opportunistic there I think it's Turms, but I kind of don't think he's scum either. What about you?

Pear

Costume Account
Some of HP's posts stood out to me I'll see if I can find and link to them. Turms is weird I found his behavior scummy at first, but wouldn't scum be more wary of just switching from train to train without any kind of forewarning.

Apple

Costume Account
Oh for sure, which I think is what Chuggs was saying. Turms does stuff like this a lot and it usually makes him an easy day one miskill for scum

Pear

Costume Account
Ok I've got a crackpot theory. What if everyone in the game has been paired up tonight? I don't have much experience with costume games, but singling out two people to put in a costumed lover chat seems a little weird. I also thought us not being allowed to reveal our identities would be one of the rules but it's not. Maybe tonight scum has to try to figure out the identity of their chat partners so they don't accidently kill themselves.

Pear

Costume Account
Ok I misspoke when I said "some" of HP's posts, it's really just one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ea...1-ot-get-outta-my-thread.376353/post-58524810

Honestly, rereading the thread I did have to bump HP down a bit from where I had him on my town list. He still isn't on the list of people I'd like to vote for tomorrow. What are your thoughts on VA and malus. Both of their play rubbed me the wrong way. I've seen scum employ the "I'm catching up" routine one too many times. I also think the fact that Launchpad was voting for malus before he died is something of note.

Apple

Costume Account
My crackpot theory that I've been kicking around is that this is a scum power, but they don't know we are either and have to take a shot in the dark if they want a double kill, but I think yours is possible too. I really hope it's not what I think it is, because I think I know who you are and I'm pretty sure you know who I am lol.

Apple

Costume Account
As for VA and Malus I'm not really a fan of either of him. Malus feels like he's just kind of hiding behind the landlord vote, and VA has done almost nothing which reminds me of his HvV 3 game

Apple

Costume Account
Alright well I'm pretty sure you're town, and I think we might both be high up on the kill list tonight so hopefully we don't die lmao.

Apple

Costume Account
Eh, scum like to go for low info kills sometimes and I think you've managed to get yourself pretty well and town read and that's a skill itself.

Okay read list coming.

Apple

Costume Account
Town:

Cheshire I'm pretty sure is town. She's just radiating that big town newbie energy, and I don't really want to vote there ever.

Sparks is probably town Sparks. He's just sheeping other people in a way that's really annoying which would raise from red flags for anyone else, but it's Sparks so that probably makes him town.

Turm I've talked about already. This isn't the strongest read, but this seems typical town Turms and I'm glad town just go easy mode and kill there because killing Turms on day 1 never works out for us lol.

Alex, ATP, Hedin, and you are my strongest town reads right now. Feel like all 4 of you have done things that have just jumped out to me as townie.

Sneeks I think is good too. She's got that does of paranoia that makes me think this is town Neeks while also giving some thought out reads, and we've had a bunch of neutrals flip already so I'm less concerned she's just tricking us this time lmao

Already talked about Leo. Pretty sure he's good.

And I'm sure you already know my thoughts on Faddy as well.

Apple

Costume Account
Null is HP, Ephi, LP, and Blarg.

Blarg I'm cool with leaving around. I find it usually becomes pretty obvious if he's town or scum. I find there's usually a method to the madness if Blarg is town. It all kind of looks like nonsense, but you can see what he's going for. When he's scum it's just madness.

LP is having a typical day 1 for him. He'll either make some posts that actually look like he's trying in which case he's probably town and we shouldn't kill him or he won't and we'll kill him and figure it out that way.

Ephi I wantttttt to say is town, but my eyes just kind of glaze over at her post for some reason and I can't say I've been reading her super closely.

HP is kind of the same way, but with less I'm pretty sure he's town.

Pear

Costume Account
I agree with most of your reads. Sparks and Blarg are always indecipherable to me so I'll take your word on that. I thought that one post by Ephi was pretty good I'm leaning on her being town.

Also since I'm pretty sure your town. I'll hopefully be dead soon.

Pear

Costume Account
Within 24 hours of the day if I type a command I die instantly but scum can’t kill anyone that night.

Apple

Costume Account
Fate, Stu, VA, and Malus are who's giving me the bad vibes.

I kind of buy the Faddy paranoia from ATP and Leo, but from Stu I didn't get it at all. He was suss because Faddy wanted the role? Of course you want the role if you're town, you know you're town lol. The LP vote also just seemed real weak and it seemed like an attempt to be off wagon.

VA just feels like a whole lot of nothing. Same for Malus with added busy landlord work.

Fate I'm less sure of, but I just get the vibe that he's not being real. I know he was scum in the last game so I might go look at that just to see what his scum game is.

Pear

Costume Account
Yeah I’m hoping we have a cop with a red check or something then I can guarantee they get another shot.

Apple

Costume Account
I don't know if you were in the game last time I had this role, but I got the god damn role where I give out wills again lol

Pear

Costume Account
Honestly a lot of your reads match my own. I do think it's unlikely that all of scum is in that VA/malus/Fate/Stu block. I need to reread and see if I can more thoroughly develop my reads.

Apple

Costume Account
Oh yeah I really doubt I just got the whole scum team there lmao. Just got to rethink it when we get more info.

Pear

Costume Account
Sorry I didn’t mean to insinuate that lol. Who do you think is most likely in that group? I’m leaning malus right now.

Apple

Costume Account
Yeah, I'm thinking it's Malus too. Either that or VA. Wouldn't be mad at either of them tomorrow. The busy work is usually a pretty big red flag

Apple

Costume Account
Cool. I'll toss one Alex's way, because he feels like the least likely to die of my town reads

Apple

Costume Account
If we're both alive this probably isn't a scum power BUT MAYBE THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT US TO THINK

Pear

Costume Account
I think it will depend on what happens tomorrow, if two people die I think it’ll be safe to assume everyone was paired up.

Apple

Costume Account
Why the heck is Faddy wasting a post on that and why does he have posts in there from himself

Pear

Costume Account
I know right. That’s not even my worst post. I’m thinking of several that are worse just off the top of my head lol

Apple

Costume Account
That's an interesting catch on Fate from Faddy there. Not sure if that HP post is anything though

Hope you both had a good time, perhaps you can try and meet up again post game :eyes:

kaguya.webp

Chat will now be locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom