Gossip Thread MGS Mafia |Gossip| Night 4

Zem

This is how we solve the game. Good old Google.
So he was telling the truth. I still think his play as town was poor though so not going to blame anyone that's town that voted for him.

I invited you again to see if you had more info, I was going to do HP then changed to Faddy then when I saw the list changed back to you as I think that's pretty safe.

Last night I had FateShirou in here

I won't be around until later tonight though but I think I'd take out Leo from his list, and I'd look at Nin who kept hinting his role had something to do with voting.

Zem

Which leaves Faddy, Sparks, Nin and erm, HP. So there's scum in there for sure unless he lied about that but I really doubt it.

I'm a bit disappointed he was hammered an hour early (was cooking dinner)

He was asking about frequencies ages ago, so I wanted to make a defense for him.

The good news is his list is accurate and we know at least one scum is on there.

Nin looks terrible. He keeps soft claiming he's vanilla despite being under no pressure and even of its true it just puts the rest of us with good roles under more pressure. Its frustrating though because its poor scum play too. So its not a smoking gun or anything but irs annoying. He's also just completely faded after a poor d1.

If monkey isn't dead im going to start feeling a bit suspicious there. She is super strong town and really should be getting night killed by now, I've actually found her Leo push a little off, I've followed her on it because I've kind of been trusting her but she just seems to be being unreasonable towards Leo a little bit which is giving me pause.

Zem

Protect yourself. I do know Fates role and yours is more powerful.

Zem

Just reading Zeke's post back to see if he gave a number of scum on him but only says that there are scum on him, so could be more than one.

Faddy - no role info
Sparks - claimed town tracker
Nin - no role info but doing that hint stuff
Leo - claimed Fox Die remover
HP - lover pair, character is Meryl
Zem - Colonel Campbell Town Gossip

I fully expect people to ask us to claim tomorrow and I'm good with my role as it's provable that I'm telling the truth. Some might question if it's town but I think my posts are fine and I can back it up.

Leo I'm ok with and don't want to take the risk anyway.

HP has the bomb (or so he says) so that reduces what team he could be on, I've mostly town read him and think the zipped / HP stuff was genuine yesterday and it's probably two paranoid townies.

Sparks - A tracker claim feels quite dangerous if scum. The only way I think he's scum is if scum get both fake character and unused role abilities as part of their role PM.

Which leaves Faddy and Nin. The way Faddy was so sure of Zeke made me think he must have done something like red checked him or something so I had a feeling he could be the cop but now it's just a mess of tunneling. Would scum be this obvious?

Nin - I dunno where to start with Nin. That whole role hint stuff was terrible. He's constantly been arguing with Stan. He's said a lot but been quite messy. He said his power involved voting but so did Zeke's so I'm really interested in what he says tomorrow. Probably my number 1 suspect right now but I'm open to it being any of the others but not Leo I think.

Just reading Zeke's post back to see if he gave a number of scum on him but only says that there are scum on him, so could be more than one.

Faddy - no role info
Sparks - claimed town tracker
Nin - no role info but doing that hint stuff
Leo - claimed Fox Die remover
HP - lover pair, character is Meryl
Zem - Colonel Campbell Town Gossip

I fully expect people to ask us to claim tomorrow and I'm good with my role as it's provable that I'm telling the truth. Some might question if it's town but I think my posts are fine and I can back it up.

Leo I'm ok with and don't want to take the risk anyway.

HP has the bomb (or so he says) so that reduces what team he could be on, I've mostly town read him and think the zipped / HP stuff was genuine yesterday and it's probably two paranoid townies.

Sparks - A tracker claim feels quite dangerous if scum. The only way I think he's scum is if scum get both fake character and unused role abilities as part of their role PM.

Which leaves Faddy and Nin. The way Faddy was so sure of Zeke made me think he must have done something like red checked him or something so I had a feeling he could be the cop but now it's just a mess of tunneling. Would scum be this obvious?

Nin - I dunno where to start with Nin. That whole role hint stuff was terrible. He's constantly been arguing with Stan. He's said a lot but been quite messy. He said his power involved voting but so did Zeke's so I'm really interested in what he says tomorrow. Probably my number 1 suspect right now but I'm open to it being any of the others but not Leo I think.

What do you think of Stan?

Zem

I think you're right to be wary of Monkey. But also need to be careful because scum keeping her alive is exactly for that reason, so she gets voted out by a paranoid town. I do also feel like Hawthorn may have saved her when she said she did when we had no kill.

There's so much weird stuff going on with this game, no bomb or fox die, Jman dying randomly on day 2 still hasn't been accounted for either.

I want to share but obviously there is a chance you're scum. I don't really think you are but there is a chance. Its definitely something that would be better if I could share it though.

Zem

Yeah that's fair enough. I can share some info if you shared too but I don't think it's that important.

Zem

There was one vote late on which caught my eye

Sky's vote on Kalor. It was done in such a way where Kalor was never in trouble and this feels like distancing. I'm tunneling a bit on those two but as the player list gets smaller these two feel more and more connected.

Zem

Would you share your info first?

I think it's fine too. Fate is Sunny. The kill on night three was aimed at Maol as Maol only had a bulletproof if Sunny was targeted. I'm confident in saying that Fate is 100% town, his ability is quite weak as it's only useful in a very specific way and only if he doesn't role claim first.

I have a psycho mantis power available atm, I can ask the game runner a question. I can't directly reference other players, but j was thinking of asking something like..

How many scum were on the second most voted train today.

People on that, me, Ephi, Stan, Neki and zipped. There is part of me thst thinks we could all be town so if the answer came back 0 thst would he great, it would give us 6 confirmed non scum, plus if you add in you and fate, that would leave us in a strong spot.

But obviously if the answe comes back 1 it muddles things a little.

Its why I kind of want to leave the zeke train alone with so many votes on it, any data would be hard to narrow down.

Zem

Oh shit! What would be the best question?

How many scum on the second train? - this would ignore any potential neutrals I think?

How many town are on the second vote? - if you don't get an answer of 5 then there will be scum or neutrals mixed in.

Neki is someone who if I did a list of players now would probably go from town to null, Stan and Zipped are definitely worth knowing about. Ephi I'm quite confident is town based on her posts night one in here and then her posts in the thread, absent quite a bit but makes good posts when she does.

Zem

If you use that and we both survive tonight, I could invite you again tomorrow to get the info and then you can use me to put it out in public whilst you stay hidden. If they end up killing me at night because they think I'm more powerful than I am then that's a good result for us.

I think specifying how many scum makes more sense? Neutrals are not great but they aren't scum.

I could ask how many scum are left in the game but that seems kind of limited.

I imagine there were six total scum, two teams of three.

Zem

Yeah I think the scum question is better too. I like the original question because it gives us quite a lot of info on players we have questions over.

Zem

The thing with the Leo votes as well is, if you're scum and you know Zeke and Leo aren't on your team and aren't likely on the other team, you'd rather vote out Leo wouldn't you? Since the ability was a one time action Zeke was effectively vanilla with no abilities, whereas Leo (if his role is true) can hurt scum quite a bit.

Neki and Zippeds votes were after Leo's reveal and were not great

Zem

Actually the Leo reveal was after those posts, didn't realise it was that late. Neither removed their votes though.

Zem

yeah that looks good, "active votes" and "end" of day 4 are the important parts which makes the question clear

Do you think there is a cop or some kind of alignment checker? Chuggs being a godfather suggests there would be, but I would have thought they would have come out with red checks by now

Zem

I would think there's a cop but maybe there isn't an explicit one and it's like a small part of another players role or something. They've only had 3 checks, 4 after tonight though, so even if they have one red check they might wait for a second.

Zem

Hmm. Something to do with game mechanics then I guess if you can't ask player specific questions?

"Is there a cult?"
"Is there more than one scum team?"

He said he could accept a variation of the question I asked just not how it was phrased there. Msybe I could ask was there scum. The how many is to specific, perhaps?

Zem

Ah OK. I think if we can then continuing down that line would be best so agree there.

Yeah asking if there was scum for a simple "yes / no" answer could work.

I'm hesitant to ask that question now though because I'm not sure how a yes answer helps us to much. It could result in 3 dead townies before we actually hit scum.

I'm trying to think of a question that will narrow things down more

Zem

"Is there scum in the list of players that have less than 163 posts?" :laughing: (why's that smiley so big)

I'll be surprised if Natiko gives us something that will narrow it down more, we can try but I think he'll say too specific. A yes / no answer gives us info but we still need to look into it and figure it out, which I think he'll be OK with.

I was thinking something like since d2, have I voted for any members of the scum team..

Thst would include:
Leo
Vere
Kalor
Fanto

I have also asked natiko for clarification on whether it has to be yes or no

Zem

Oh clever, I like that question!

Whilst waiting for that, what do you think I should say if the people on Zeke are asked to role reveal, which I feel will happen since most already have on the list Zeke left. I'm completely fine saying my role and night targets, I just wonder if I leave out tonights target so

Colonel Campbell Town Gossip

N1- ephi
N2 - ATP
N3 - Fate
N4 - ???

or just say I invited you again for N4? I think I just say I invited you night four because I town read you, my original targets were HP (because he's Meryl and Campbell's daughter, I was thinking there might be some bonus when inviting him) and then Faddy because I thought he might be the cop with his push on Zeke, but when they were on Zeke's list I decided to go back to someone I town read.

Zem

What else do you have?

I think if you can do that your votes question then definitely do that before the list gets too big to be useful, otherwise possibly save it.

Zem

Are there two scum teams might be the best then, at least then we have confirmation. An actual number on how many scum are left could be useful too. We expect 5 but if the answer is something different then we know something is going on.

So Nat has said lists aren't completely out.. so maybe I can ask if I've voted for scum since the start of d3.

What do you think is more useful, knowing for certain the number of scum we are dealing with or finding out if there is scum among Vere, Kalor, Leo and Fanto?

Alternatively I could just claim this power openly on d5 and we workshop as a group the best question to ask

Zem

I think the latter is best, if there isn't scum in those 4 then I dunno what to think. I would keep the power secret for now, I think you're quite a powerful role and tomorrow will be dominated by Zeke's list, so I think keeping you hidden as long as possible is the best way to go.

I think the idea play is for you to ask the question tonight, stay hidden tomorrow, use protection on yourself tomorrow night if you still have that. I can then invite you again and see what the answer was to your question and then I can take it to the thread if need be.

If you ever need to "prove" yourself that you gave me the info in case you ever get into trouble in the thread, then you can post this gif and direct it at Fate and Ephi as I've used this for both of them too

tumblr_p0ui1cUI5C1s87zieo3_500.gifv

Zem

Although I guess if I do need to role reveal tomorrow that won't matter haha

I'm really curious about Faddy and Nin's role, but especially Nin's. He's been really hinting it has to do with votes, but it can't be a simple "his votes count double" because the day ended on majority and he was on Zeke. Maybe he can do something like Zeke could as he was telling people to vote on day one and was really pushing that.

Although I guess if I do need to role reveal tomorrow that won't matter haha

I'm really curious about Faddy and Nin's role, but especially Nin's. He's been really hinting it has to do with votes, but it can't be a simple "his votes count double" because the day ended on majority and he was on Zeke. Maybe he can do something like Zeke could as he was telling people to vote on day one and was really pushing that.

Honestly I thought he was trying to hint he was vanilla, implying his power was he could vote.

Zem

Could be, I dunno how well that claim would go down though. Day one he kept pushing people to post, then day three he posted that "go vote" picture when he asked if people wanted to know his role, and then again hinted at it at the end of the day. Would be weird to do all that if just a vanilla.

The Vere claim is still the one I least trust even though I think Kalor has been more scummy.

In case I die tonight, I used my psycho mantis ability, I asked:

Have I voted for scum since the start of d3.

The answer was Yes.

People I have voted for in that time:
Verelios - ?
Kenny - Town
Fanto - ?
Kalor - ?
Hawthorn - Town
Leo - ?
Zeke - Town

So at least one of Vere, Fanto, Kalor and Leo are scum.

Interestingly three of them have claimed.

Vere - Sleepwalking Mason
Kalor - Self watcher
Leo - Foxdie doctor
Fanto - ?

Leo is consistent on both my list and Zeke's.. also his claims all are based around stuff that is related to the patriots, his foxdie poison claim and his power claim.

For the record I roleblocked Verelios night 2.

There were no night kills, and seemingly no bombs planted unless HP is lying about his claim.

So Zeke's list:
Faddy
Sparks
Nin
HP
Leo

My list:
Vere
Kalor
Leo
Fanto

We really need Leo resolved, in theory there could be 1 scum between all those names and its his. Or you get rid of him and we know there is 2 scum among the remaining 7 names.

Zem

Oh really nice info!

In case I die -

Fanto is Sunny and can prove it in the thread by having Natiko come in and post his alignment, he can only do this once though. The plan was to keep it hidden as long as possible and then if he starts getting votes there's a good chance there'll be scum on him, then he uses his ability. So if I die and he claims anything else or you really start suspecting him, ask him to use his ability.

Zem

yeah as long as we both know the info I think we're ok to hold onto it for now, tomorrow will all be about Zeke's list. So far there haven't been two kills at night so it should be safe until one of us dies. Let's keep an eye on those people though in the meantime.

Top Bottom