Gossip Thread MGS Mafia |GOSSIP| Night 8

Zem

This is how we solve the game. Good old Google.
tMngpu4.gif

Zem

So Vere was actually scum then huh. With the old tailor themselves trick and having to use his instant kill before he dies. The only thing I can't work out is the Aeleus role, but maybe the Monkey thing with him using a Monkey mask or something from MGS3?

Zem

I'm gonna go to bed in a bit but I'm interested in if you think Vere was scum, if not why, if so any hints in chat that can lead to his scum mates?

Neki

Bought a book once
I think Monkey just did this to get a free vote on a townie before we killed her

Neki

Bought a book once
I think it's likely Faddy mindcontrolled Fanto into putting a vote bomb on Veres and Monkey knew this

Zem

You think Vere was scum? I'm confused

Yep

Faddy kept bringing up a tailor, so did Vere today which is a massive stretch from Monkeys big post to that. Maybe it's not a tailor role specifically but something to do with his role, like Decoy Octopus that makes him look like a monkey.

He was roleblocked night 2. Dr Monkey was saved or roleblocked by Hawthorn night 2 so a small chance that was it, and also why Dr Monkey needs to be voted out tomorrow.

Zipped and HP dying like that suggests he has a one time instant kill like LP had and had to use it before dying.

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean I think we can agree regardless of if Vere was tailored, we vote out Monkey to dispel any doubts. If monkey flips town then maybe vere was tailored but I have a strong feeling Monkey is gonna flip scum. There's no way we can let Monkey into the final group of people at this rate.

Neki

Bought a book once
And people are gonna ask why Monkey would greencheck her team mate and it's because it's the 'obvious' thing to do. Kopite has thrown shade on Monkey and Monkey is clearing Kopite, I think they're trying to act like they're not on the same team but I don't buy it!

Neki

Bought a book once
giving people the benefit of the doubt is fine but we can't assume monkey is some infallible player that wouldn't make an obvious play at this point in time

Zem

I think it's likely Faddy mindcontrolled Fanto into putting a vote bomb on Veres and Monkey knew this

What would have killed Faddy then? I don't think this makes sense with what we know right now. I think Fanto just cast it on herself, there's really no reason not to cast that on yourself for the free kill if you think you'll eventually get caught, and Fanto was under a bit of suspicion.

Zem

Yeah we're in agreement Monkey has to go. I had a post ready to call Monkey scum today and try to get her voted out as Fate will be able to attest so I'm very much for voting her out.

Neki

Bought a book once
My only problem with Fanto putting it on herself is how the deaths played out. Faddy died first and then Fanto got turbo'd. Today, Vere got turbo'd then HP died along with Zipped. Doesn't the order of operations make sense for a vote bomb to have been on Fanto rather than Veres? That's how I read it at least.

Faddy died - > Fanto voted off - > Night begins
Vere voted off + HP died + Zipped died - > Night begins

Did you think Fanto was under a lot of suspicion the day before? All the heat was on Kalor/LP because their claims were in direct conflict.

If you need to sleep I'll be around still. Vere gave me a timeline of the worst case scenario if we voted wrong and we still have two days of misvotes before we lose so I still think monkey is 100% the safe shot here.

Neki

Bought a book once
Doesn't the order of operations make sense for a vote bomb to have been on Fanto rather than Veres?**

I mean Veres than Fanto

Neki

Bought a book once
I just think it makes too much sense after the Sparks flip that Monkey figured she was the next target so she decided to take down Veres because hewas still suspicious from everyone prodding him. The people who doubted the double town mason claim the most was certainly Monkey + Ephi

Neki

Bought a book once
Either way, voting Veres -> Monkey always had to be the order regardless even if we got it wrong because bluffing a red check is crazy

Zem

I think Fanto was starting to get looked at yeah, but I'd have to check and I don't think it matters too much.

If Money is scum then why the play?

Zem

Yeah agree Monkey would have had to talk her way out of trouble today but it's definitely possible if she could have turned it on Zipped again.

The only other explanation is there's something that messes with checks, but that's not something you test by keeping Monkey in.

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean let's assume Monkey doesn't pull this gambit, who is most suspicious after a Sparks town flip?

Me and Vere were going to push for Monkey today because her green checks were very safe. I'm not sure who else was getting questioned at the time. Zipped because he thought I was godfather. Ephi was very low presence the past week, Fate is confirmed town, Reki's post have been pretty good and HP is a non-factor who was tied to Zipped. Kopite is the only other person I would have went after and Monkey was defending Kopite's play as being typical Kopite but I don't think that's a strong enough defense.

Neki

Bought a book once
Veres posted what is the likelihood of 4 alignment checks in the game in our chat

Zeke - alignment check
ATP - alignment check
Sparks - alignment check
Monkey - alignment check

That seems like very overkill?

Zem

I did a thing last night with Shirou where I listed pros/cons for being scum/town for the rest of the players and all players had like 2 lines. Then Monkeys had about 10 lines of why she was scum lol. So yeah if Vere and yourself are actually town then I don't think she would have survived. The good thing is the lovers are sorted out, I think that actually helps us even though it's an extra player down.

Zem

Monkey -
- got targeted night two for a kill but they never went back
- - Or got roleblock by Hawthorn?
- Scum didn't go back for the kill even though we've speculated they have a role cop and she'd almost certainly be a target
- - Only players with limited shot abilities have been scum so far
- The call out on Chuggs is either an insane read or based off some info we don't know (role copped him night one?)
- - Didn't expect Chuggs to open wolf and call out the second team, thought going all in on one scum would buy town points, by the time second scum team was found we'll have moved on?
- Natiko "doesn't like cops" but has two in one game in some way? Three if you believe scum has one as well. I wonder if Monkey thought Sparks had just messed up or misunderstood the alignment thing
- - Two Patriots called her out as potential scum and they were correct on Faddy
- Too many posts to have the energy to search for links / dodginess, classic scum tactics!
- Two abilities (Zeke and ATP) to also narrow down scum, lots of investigative roles on top of a cop?
- I wonder if Monkey moved off Sparks the last couple of days because she was worried the alignment thing might be true so doesn't want him flipping.

Pros -
- Did help us catch Chuggs, which may have also been helpful to their team if scum
- - Votes and hunting seem fine but since Faddy was caught by mistake and no other Foxhound has turned up, we could be being lead down some paths by her

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean if I had to guess, FOXHOUND is going to kill either you or Fate tomorrow. Ephi/Reki/Kalor/Kopite are all question marks in regards of alignment and it'd be easy to kill off one of you two. For me, most likely scum at this point is

Fate > Zem > Kalor > Reki > Ephi > Kopite > Monkey in terms of increasing scumminess

Zem

That was my argument, I'll also add that ATP and Ephi suspected her a lot in our chats. And the only thing I remember from the Faddy chat apart from his fake role is him asking what I thought of Monkey being scum

Neki

Bought a book once
Feign had a limited shot and he was town technically. He was the only one so far I've seen on town with that though

Zem

If Monkey is scum then I'd put Ephi ahead of Leo/Reki because she suspected Monkey in the chats but the list looks right

Neki

Bought a book once
Also glad to have figured out HP/Zipped are just crazy and not scum. This makes our life a lot easier honestly. Looking at Vere's role, it's basically the role I have.

Neki

Bought a book once
I think anyone against a Monkey vote tomorrow is highly suspect though. Regardless if we think Vere may have been tailored, letting Monkey live any further at this point is insane.

Zem

I'm not going to dive in straight away and see what some of those people on the list post

I will probably dive in straight away

Neki

Bought a book once
Me and Vere also discussed the three people who doubted the sincerity of Vere's claim as my mason partner were basically Monkey/Faddy/Ephi. I feel like those three were the ones who were pushing either me or Vere the most about our alignments.

Zem

Not that it matters because she's definitely getting voted out but I think you've won me around to Vere not being tailored and Monkey being scum. Plus it would mean I was right about something.

Incoming someone can mess with checks role on scum and both were town.

Zem

Me and Vere also discussed the three people who doubted the sincerity of Vere's claim as my mason partner were basically Monkey/Faddy/Ephi. I feel like those three were the ones who were pushing either me or Vere the most about our alignments.

This brings me back to my paranoid post about Faddy not caring about my fake lie detector and I said that's because Ephi may have told him it was a lie, but Monkey was like "nope that's just Faddy", so scrap what I said earlier, if Monkey flips scum we might need to go for Ephi.

Neki

Bought a book once
If they are both town scum deserved to win then. They played us extremely well up until this point since we only got Faddy from a stray shot/vote bomb.

Zem

My post

Monkey's reply

Neki

Bought a book once
If vere played me by using Ambulance's day 2 mason role reveal to me in our chat to tailor his own role on Day 8 to frame monkey then he also deserves to win for pocketing me.

Neki

Bought a book once
I genuinely hope you don't die because I'm afraid that I will not be able to convince town to vote off Monkey because I'm not sure how strong they're going to feel about it. Like this screams scum but I know Monkey/some other people are gonna try it play it off as tailored so who knows.

Zem

Even if the Vere flip came back as Liquid Snake of Foxhound, Monkey would still need to be voted out.

It's definitely between me and FateShirou tonight who dies, he's confirmed so might be him. You can use my posts in here, when I flip it will be obvious they're actually from me. Hopefully that'll help, but I think town will agree Monkey needs to go.

I hope Natiko is ready for another quick day phase

Neki

Bought a book once
Vere was joking about how Nat likes modkilling people in our mason chat and right after that Nin got modkilled lol.

Neki

Bought a book once
I think we also have to accept that the scum teams are 3/3 at this point because we're just going to lose straight up if it's FOXHOUND is bigger than 3 at this point.

Neki

Bought a book once
How do you feel about Kopite? I know I feel like I'm tunneling but his whole play style just screams passive scum. Monkey deflecting it by saying that's how Kopite plays but only gave me any strong reads after I called him out. Maybe I'm just tunneling but Monkey/Kopite interactions have been minimal and you think Monkey would call him out more.

Zem

3/3 makes sense with the extra kills they're getting. Obviously Aeleus was meant to kill two town from the looks of it and make us confused too with them being hidden. Then Feign could have shot town, the Patriots giving up on their bombs / foxdie which could have been lethal.

Zem

How do you feel about Kopite? I know I feel like I'm tunneling but his whole play style just screams passive scum. Monkey deflecting it by saying that's how Kopite plays but only gave me any strong reads after I called him out. Maybe I'm just tunneling but Monkey/Kopite interactions have been minimal and you think Monkey would call him out more.

I could see it as pocketing by Monkey on him, or making him look scummy if she ever flips as scum. I would go Ephi -> Kopite if Monkey flips scum, but maybe someone will have a decent argument for someone else.

Zem

Ephi would be the towniest scum ever if she was scum.

Plus her role claim is clever because no one wants to test that haha

Neki

Bought a book once
So someone dies tomorrow, we have 7.

If we vote out incorrectly for the rest of the days:

Day 9:
5 town, 2 scum -> vote out one scum (Monkey)
5 town 1 scum

Day 10:
4 town 1 scum -> vote out town
3 town 1 scum -

Day 11:
2 town 1 scum -> vote out one town
we lose

If Ephi is town (and not lying about her claim):

Day 9:
5 town, 2 scum -> vote out one scum (Monkey)
5 town 1 scum

Day 10:
4 town 1 scum -> vote out Ephi (claim works, confirmed town?)
4 town 1 scum

Day 11:
3 town 1 scum - can either choose to skip vote or vote here because town only has one more day of votes

I think you're right, voting out Ephi is basically getting us the same result if she isn't lying about her claim. So we should always vote her if Monkey is scum. I know there is the role where you can't get voted out until final five so it seems like the perfect time to test it?

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean realistically if we vote out Ephi then we have one shot left of getting the right scum regardless of her alignment at that point. So Kalor/Reki/Kopite are probably going to be the three people left.

Neki

Bought a book once
If only Nin didn't get modkilled, it would have helped the scenario where Ephi was confirmed town.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Just to avoid mistakes don’t go full quoting posts from here in the main thread lol

Neki

Bought a book once
Yes sir Nat, I know I'm supposed to summarize and paraphrase. I don't want to be the third mod kill this game as funny as it would be.

Zem

Yeah when you put it like that then Ephi being voted makes sense. It either confirms her as town or she's scum. A confirmed town going into the final couple of days would be nice.

Zem

The only thing that can mess up those numbers is if scum have another instant kill, but I doubt it after today and also it's not really something we can play around regardless.

Neki

Bought a book once
well scum are just gonna shoot Ephi the next day after we confirm her unless they think they can pocket her but it's good clear regardless. If Ephi is town and we lay it out like that, she should have no problems getting voted out. Only a scum wouldn't want to test it out.

Neki

Bought a book once
I know this is hindsight but Stan should have swapped the days he had for protection when he revealed, that would have been really big brain and thrown off scum lol.

Zem

Yeah I really wish he did.

I'm hoping monkey is scum because I think it'll be easier to find some links, we already have Ephi and Kopite.

When I read her big post again though I start to get doubts, but it doesn't really matter, have to make sure she gets voted out regardless.

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean is it really towns fault if Monkey isn't scum? This is the town play if someone acts in bad faith as town, you have to assume they are scum.

Neki

Bought a book once
We realistically only one shot if we go with the vote Ephi plan but if you think she is a strong contender for scum it's worth a try. We can't disclose it until the next vote phase though since scum might just kill her if we find her innocent

Neki

Bought a book once
You think there's a world where the correct play was to flip monkey first? Monkey was just saying the ideal things a townie would say and we all believed her but maybe flipping the role cop would have made more sense. I guess some of us still believed she was still town.

Zem

I mean is it really towns fault if Monkey isn't scum? This is the town play if someone acts in bad faith as town, you have to assume they are scum.

Nope not at all, same with Sparks being voted out.

As for Ephi, I was thinking of her posts last night and they really are pro town, but if Monkey flips scum then it's a possibility. I think voting her is good just to see her reaction as well, if she starts to push back then that could be a sign she's scum. If she's town she won't die but will at least mean we narrow scum down without losing someone, and we also test someone we think could be scum, I think that's OK. We get two chances to catch scum if we believe the teams are 3/3.

Next day starts 6-2 or 7-1

Monkey gets voted out 6-1 (I think we have to assume one of them is scum, potential someone messes with checks but not worth contemplating)

Night phase means 5-1

Ephi gets voted out either game over or 5-1 still

Night phase means 4-1

let's say we vote out town it's now 3-1

Night phase makes it 2-1

Last day phase

Zem

You think there's a world where the correct play was to flip monkey first? Monkey was just saying the ideal things a townie would say and we all believed her but maybe flipping the role cop would have made more sense. I guess some of us still believed she was still town.

I think the timing of it, we still have some leeway in voting out town, means going for the red check first was fine. Monkey has to be voted out regardless and I will not hear a word against it tomorrow if I'm still alive!

Zem

Either way Monkey gotta go. Then it's down to probably you, Kalor, Kopite, Reki/Leo, Ephi.

I think we can try to wait and see if anyone suggests Monkey isn't voted out next, but from that list, if Monkey is town I'd probably go Reki -> Kopite / Kalor. Kopite a tricky one since he would have had a green check. Also still put pressure on Ephi to be voted out and see her reaction.

Neki

Bought a book once
If we had any power roles left or one extra player we would have way more wiggle room. We basically have to be right on Monkey now and then we need to hit right on either Ephi or Kopite. Do you think there is a world where Reki or Kalor clips be scum? I'm assuming monkey flips mafia in this scenario.

Zem

Reki or Kalor could be scum if Monkey is scum. Yesterday Kalor was talking about not voting her today but that was before Vere's flip so let's see what he says now.

If Monkey flips scum then we need to look at votes and stuff, see if there's any obvious connections.

If she flips town then we need to look at Vere. I did something where I listed all the players that voted for him or was calling him out to try and find scum and I've lost that now as I didn't save it, but I remember the three possible people who hadn't votes for Vere or hadn't called him scummy was you, Stan and Kopite.

Zem

That was when I was trying to figure out who his mason partner was incase someone else other than those three claimed it.

Neki

Bought a book once
I mean wasn't it Kopite who was trying to argue when Stan revealed that Monkeys role seemed more likely to be true than Stan's?

Zem

I mean wasn't it Kopite who was trying to argue when Stan revealed that Monkeys role seemed more likely to be true than Stan's?

Yep. I have no idea how Monkey plays usually so I dunno if she'd have more control over her scum mates to stop them posting stuff like that but who knows.

Neki

Bought a book once
Not sure if you wanted to talk about anything else, today is just basically hearing Monkey's subpar defense or open wolf. I'm down for either.

Zem

I've been really busy with work, should be free a bit later but yeah it's basically seeing which way she flips at this point before looking into things.

I'm really curious what others are going to say though about the Vere flip, see if anyone tries to defend Monkey

Zem

My feeling is that if Monkey is scum then it isn't Kalor because of the Faddy vote on him day three, would need to double check that though. So it'll be between Kopite, Ephi and Recki.

Neki

Bought a book once
we got 2/3 shots that seems like pretty good odds? I blame all the mod kills, why did everyone have to get mod killed and make this so hard

Zem

Yeah those hurt but we did also save a day with Faddy at least

Neki

Bought a book once
Nat just felt bad for us, gave us divine intervention. Hopefully they just kill me Zem and you can carry the rest of us to victory. When I was talking to Vere before the Fanto flip, I had Chuggs/LP/Fanto on one team and Faddy/Kopite/Monkey on the other scum team. I wonder if it's going to end up being right because I need some sort of small morale victory here lol.

Zem

It'll be me or Shirou tonight and the other the next night I'd imagine. Let's not rush the next day too much, it doesn't need to last long but might help seeing what everyone thinks.

Neki

Bought a book once
Yeah I had the same thought, turobing right away is dumb. We need to evaluate and get everyone's opinion. Prod some people to see how they react to the Vere flip and Monkey possibly being scum. If you're still alive next day phase, you can bring up the vote off Ephi plan too. I wouldn't mention it today because scum would just kill her so we can't do it.

Zem

I especially want to hear Kopite and Recki's thoughts. I think it's between those two the most. Going to be hard if it's anyone else. If Monkey flips scum I think you can rule out Kalor. If Monkey flips town then it's probably still between those two tbh lol

Top Bottom