Pair Thread The Infirmary - Night 5 Chat (Anexhume/Verelios)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

Were-elios
What do you want to talk about? I doubt there's going to be much suspense voting tomorrow. With how much interference Blarg was playing for Ambu, I'd bet my right and left hands he's THING so we're going to be spinning our wheels most likely.

So, where do we go from there if it's true and the game doesn't end? Best scenario is the game ends tomorrow killing Blarg because THING wasn't able to infect for whatever reaaon. I dunno. I'm feeling kind of lazy about it after how today went and am kind of wanting the rest of THING to just open wolf.

anexanhume

My logic is based on the famous “goat problem”
Well, from Ambu's PM, we have confirmation that he was assimilated into the Thing. That means both Nat and Chuggs were OG since their PMs didn't contain that (Assuming we're not being screwed with). So if Blarg thing is true, it happened Night 1 in Away, and must have been infected by Nat. Ambu being converted by Chuggs seems to suggest night pairings do make Thing conversions. Chuggs was paired with Hedin on Night 2. So like I said in the thread, I think there's a slightly stronger case for Hedin than Blarg right now.

I agree that Blarg is attempting to look more helpful since Chuggs, but looks to be spreading FUD for sure.

Blarg being infected N1 in Away implies there's a N1 infection in Home we've got to track down too. Most people from Home have since been paired with cleared players. Hedin is the only one who hasn't actually. So there's two paths that implicate Hedin. Hedin being scum would implicate HP based on N3 pairings.

Do you have an opinion on who I feed tonight? The only way it would seem to matter is if converting to Thing makes people dogs somehow. Ambu getting a treat shows that being Thing doesn't override dogness in terms of getting a treat. Right now my command is queued for Hedin.

Verelios

Were-elios
Well, from Ambu's PM, we have confirmation that he was assimilated into the Thing. That means both Nat and Chuggs were OG since their PMs didn't contain that (Assuming we're not being screwed with). So if Blarg thing is true, it happened Night 1 in Away, and must have been infected by Nat. Ambu being converted by Chuggs seems to suggest night pairings do make Thing conversions. Chuggs was paired with Hedin on Night 2. So like I said in the thread, I think there's a slightly stronger case for Hedin than Blarg right now.

I agree that Blarg is attempting to look more helpful since Chuggs, but looks to be spreading FUD for sure.

Blarg being infected N1 in Away implies there's a N1 infection in Home we've got to track down too. Most people from Home have since been paired with cleared players. Hedin is the only one who hasn't actually. So there's two paths that implicate Hedin. Hedin being scum would implicate HP based on N3 pairings.

Do you have an opinion on who I feed tonight? The only way it would seem to matter is if converting to Thing makes people dogs somehow. Ambu getting a treat shows that being Thing doesn't override dogness in terms of getting a treat. Right now my command is queued for Hedin.
Hm? I didn't notice their PMs were different, don't they all say assimilated? As for your action, yeah, you could try Hedin. The dogs were me, Nat, Chuggs Ambu and Maol and I'm guessing you tried us all at one point except Nat and Maol.

Actually, why not try Blarg? I doubt he's not getting tested and it would be a good way to know for sure how your PR works if he flips THING.

anexanhume

There's a clear difference. I'm fine testing Blarg and will update my cook order. My command order was HP (blocked) -> Chuggs -> You -> Ambu. All came back as treats delivered.

Chuggs:
You are the Thing. (this means you are part of the Infected)

Your only ability is to Vote for who to test. You win when you escape from the base after taking over 51% of the remaining players.

Nat:
You are the Thing. (this means you are part of the Infected)

Your only ability is to Vote for who to test. You win when you escape from the base after taking over 51% of the remaining players.

Ambu:
You are now assimilated into the Thing. (this means you are part of the cult)

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and have fun!

anexanhume

If every Thing can infect, here's what we could be looking at.

N1: 2-> 4.
N2: 4 -> 6 (Nat blocked and killed)
N3: 6 -> 12.

So unless there's a separate trigger for base explosion, they would have already surpassed 51%. It seems more reasonable to assume they are limited in infections per night, or perhaps only OGs can infect? If only OGs could infect, we'd just need to chase down the rest of the Chuggs tree and perhaps 1 person from Away that Nat got on Night 1. Right now we're lacking confirmation they infected anyone N1, though it seems reasonable to assume they could. That would have given them more freedom in spreading instead of being restricted to night chats solely (which would lock the kill orders in once we found a tree).

Verelios

Were-elios
If every Thing can infect, here's what we could be looking at.

N1: 2-> 4.
N2: 4 -> 6 (Nat blocked and killed)
N3: 6 -> 12.

So unless there's a separate trigger for base explosion, they would have already surpassed 51%. It seems more reasonable to assume they are limited in infections per night, or perhaps only OGs can infect? If only OGs could infect, we'd just need to chase down the rest of the Chuggs tree and perhaps 1 person from Away that Nat got on Night 1. Right now we're lacking confirmation they infected anyone N1, though it seems reasonable to assume they could. That would have given them more freedom in spreading instead of being restricted to night chats solely (which would lock the kill orders in once we found a tree).
You're right that it looks like Chuggs and Nat were the original from the role pms. An interesting theory someone raised in thread was the pass along infection theory where every infectee became the next infector. That MIGHT be possible.

Verelios

Were-elios
If Chuggs is the original infector then it also explains Hedin's lowered presence in thread after D2. He might have been infected at that point.

But in regards to the role PMs I think I want to see another Thing flip before we come to any conclusions.

anexanhume

Ok. Well hopefully I get an interesting result by cooking for Blarg.

What do you think we risk if we’re wrong tomorrow?

anexanhume

Oh shit, they updated Ambu’s PM and now it looks the same as Nat and Chuggs.

Verelios

Were-elios
Ok. Well hopefully I get an interesting result by cooking for Blarg.

What do you think we risk if we’re wrong tomorrow?
What do we risk if we're wrong? I guess we know that Chuggs infected Ambu and therefore Hedin is likely Thing. So it's not a waste.

Verelios

Were-elios
Oh shit, they updated Ambu’s PM and now it looks the same as Nat and Chuggs.
Well, that's interesting. Was it like that initially or do you think it was changed after the gms saw chat threads about it and realized the discrepancy. I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

anexanhume

Well, that's interesting. Was it like that initially or do you think it was changed after the gms saw chat threads about it and realized the discrepancy. I guess it doesn't matter at this point.
I assume they edited without stating what changed because it’s inconsequential. If not, we should bring it up because I don’t want anyone having an unfair advantage or derailing discussion because of it.

anexanhume

Here’s what ATP said:

The change was an error being corrected, nothing more. It has no game mechanic impact.

So I won’t even mention it again.

Verelios

Were-elios
I assume they edited without stating what changed because it’s inconsequential. If not, we should bring it up because I don’t want anyone having an unfair advantage or derailing discussion because of it.
True, it's probably nothing. What happened is that the template might've been different on his phone like they said.

Verelios

Were-elios
Well, see you on the other side. I'll believe that you didn't infect me and today will be business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom