Neighbor Chat

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
Maybe this'll just be where I keep my notes for the game lol

One thing that caught my attention was this post I was pinging Random on (#266) and the way he was pretty mealy mouthed about how he was reading Terra as town rubbed me the wrong way. I thought Terra's action was pretty heavily leaning town there, but the way Random presenting it at first made me unsure what Random was reading there. Then (and this is the part I'm keeping in my pocket right now) he unvoted HP on #281, but the posts he quotes from HP for why he's unvoting felt like very little to read into/NAI, yet it completely turned his opinion around on HP to unvoting him (even though it was a meme vote to start with).

Maol feels more active than usual on D1 and he feels like he's taking a lot of potshots. I vaguely remember him doing this type of thing as scum, but the last few games as town he was pretty busy, too. Someone to keep an eye on, he can be a pretty tough player to deal with as scum (and one of my constant personal blind spots).

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
ive only had a chance to skim as im still as work but im not sure im understanding the rallying around terra. idk random at all so catch up when im able.

also belated, but i appreciated the howdy

melonrabbit

That eod was eventful. i need read the thread. are you feeling better or worse with fanto in the place of random?

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
I was pretty adamant that Random was acting weirdly, but I know he's had some trouble in the past when his work/personal life starts butting into his gameplay and he's replaced out because of it then (and the specific example I'm thinking of, he was town). I wanted to give that slot a pass for the moment for a couple of reasons. I had messed up the day end time in my head and I didn't have the time to catch up on what was going on yesterday. I had no idea where that Fanto train came from when it was happening. I saw Sneeks had mentioned that she was going to follow her gut on Random, but honestly felt like that was in poor taste. I've seen town!Fanto just totally nail scum teams, so I thought it would be a good idea to give her some time to get up to speed if maybe Random was coming off strange due to outside factors.

That said, I'm reading over some of her posts and I think Fanto comes off a bit flippant in her attitude which is usually a red flag. But I think I've seen her play somewhat this way when she was neutral in a previous game, and she was also usually correct in her reads there and they were pretty solid. I think I'm going to have to see more from Fanto before I can make a judgement. She's firmly in a null spot right now.

Going to drop some more reads in a few.

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
I'm not good at analyzing the votes nor do I have time to even make a poor attempt right now, so I'll just post some high level thoughts on the day end.

nin - I really don't like his play. I called it out before day end, but the way he was swapping votes between people and not telling us why he was moving votes is mega sketch. He was really just chasing different wagons, but without knowing the alignments of the trains, I can't say why. Maybe doesn't care because they were all town?

Faddy - Faddy has a specific tell that I was looking out for, and while I did not see it in D1, he was showing some of the same behavior he usually shows where he wakes up when people are talking about him, he's a bit erratic, and overly defensive/OMGUS-y I think even if this weren't just Faddy, it's pretty suspicious behavior on its own. In a previous game, he was scum and just went all out on widely town read players to try to get a foothold (and it worked). He's also just blatant about stuff like in post #960 where he states he hasn't really been playing except for the last 3 hours. I did manage to see him soft a claim before I voted and that's what warded me off from voting there at day end, but upon further consideration that might just be BS trying to survive lol I think he's one I want to pursue today alongside nin.

Vere - I'm actually feeling decent about Vere. The Fanto vote tipped him a bit into a town read, because it was so immediate off of Sneeks' vote that I don't think there was much consideration put into the optics - and that reflects a town-aligned mentality IMO. I see at least one post where you're suspicious of him, so I'd take some input on why you're scum reading Vere.

Jman - Voting on Faddy after soft claiming is very on brand for town!Jman. Tentatively feel good about jman.

LP - I didn't like the way he tied up Fanto. It wasn't that it was tying up Fanto so much as that he dropped some jokey reasoning: "Something something feel bad about replacement but I'd rather keep Faddy and can't make an informed decision on Lux with 4 minutes left." Firstly, feels a little lacking in circumspection for LP. I don't think he'd risk forcing a tie as town. Then the swap over to Lux when he's called out for that also feels out of character for town LP.

So for right now, I feel pretty decent about:
  • Donnie
  • Ephi
  • Sneeks
  • Maol
  • Vere
  • Jman
Feel not great about:
  • Faddy
  • LP
  • nin

melonrabbit

The more I muses over it the less I believe ATP. I realize that is probably the unpopular opinion but it is where im at.

melonrabbit

To answer you vere question. Tbh it is mostly a combination of d1 and meta. he usually does have good reads on ppl and I've felt better (stronger) about him today. I haven't looked much at fate but he (vere) made some interesting points about fate and wiz.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Hi, so my name is now LaunchPadNuevo and I'm the new guy round these here parts. Going to mostly focus on today's current goings ones but there's a lot of posts so if you can think of anything super critical that might help me as a summary plz lmk.

I'm just glad to have a partner here.

melonrabbit

Important stuff would be the three four claims - Wiz as the Miller, ATP as gown vig shooting fanto, fanto as the bulletproof neutral with a undisclosed win con, and Ephidiel, a tracker saw ATP visit fanto (allegedly)

There's also the mystery of Saw dying and exactly how that occurred.

Faddy also mentioned they were given soup in the night. So possibly an item vendor is about.

We're likely working with multiple scum teams and more one than one neutral. I guess? Idk. I am doing my best to keep up.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Important stuff would be the three four claims - Wiz as the Miller, ATP as gown vig shooting fanto, fanto as the bulletproof neutral with a undisclosed win con, and Ephidiel, a tracker saw ATP visit fanto (allegedly)

There's also the mystery of Saw dying and exactly how that occurred.

Faddy also mentioned they were given soup in the night. So possibly an item vendor is about.

We're likely working with multiple scum teams and more one than one neutral. I guess? Idk. I am doing my best to keep up.
That definitely helps, thanks a ton! Man this is a lot to catch up on for a day 2. Insane how much is happening here so quickly.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Been trying to read over the end of Day 2 a bit more, since I tend to read those a bit better than I do early phases. I'm going to ask Leo some questions to start off the day, that back and forth with Fanto felt a bit off to me.

Still looking at other folks to approach for this, but so far at least the end of yesterday was fruitful so I'm feeling pretty good here to start making some waves.

melonrabbit

I was surprised by the fanto flip. She seemed so passive/defeated so I felt the Netutal claim made sense. For such a powerful role i would've felt there'd be more push back from scum. Idk.

Leo is someone that fanto flagged so definitely one to consider.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Yeah. Fanto's going down without much of a fight seems weird for sure. Only way that makes sense to me is if scum either saw Fanto as beyond worth-saving, or was sacrificing her for some cred.

I guess the other scary possibility is that Fanto's role is actually a weak one on the scum team, relatively speaking. But I really hope that's not the case

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
I'm wondering if the logic of the "tailored" theory hinges on Sneeks' pm saying she was aligned with "No one" rather than kyan's saying he was aligned with "The cult".

I crumbed that theory a bit in my post by matching the capitalization, but I also don't really think this is a useful conversation going on in thread if it takes up too much extra attention.

melonrabbit

Idk how cult works exactly but would Sawneeks' PM update if technically she died before recruitment completed (as in didn't survive the night)? Or would it be her default PM hence the "no one"?

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
That I have no idea about. I guess that would make sense? I'm not buying the entire tailored logic here yet personally. Feels like that would be a very coordinated play by scum intentionally early on, with seemingly little benefit.

That said, the last time I can remember playing in a game with a cult was like... Cthulhu mafia, and that was probably half a decade ago (and I never got recruited anyhow) so I have no idea.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Hey so I know you breadcrumbed about this chat with Launch, do you mind if we out the existence of this chat? I hope it will help us prevent a mislynch from a switcher interference here, but also don't wanna screw up your game if you think that's not going to help anything and might hurt us longer-term by casting more doubt onto your role.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
This game's pace is wild. It's quiet for 2 hours, then someone decides to drop a bomb and convo picks up for 40 intense minutes, then silence. Repeat.

I have no idea how this can keep up the pace the rest of this game.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Just wanted to leave you some possible thoughts on this, in the event I get overridden. Use them or not, your choice, but I figure maybe there's a chance you'll make use of them if I flip.

I'm really skeptical of Faddy here taking so long to do an override. Faddy doesn't seem to distrust nin's claim, which means surely I'm the correct target here right?
Even with a Fate swap claim, as long as Faddy knows they're town, the only situation in which examining me doesn't give a red check is either nin lying, OR fate's switch not occurring (either it's a lie, or some sort of block/something else happened). Shooting me is the obvious answer here, so why not do it?

The only scenario this makes sense to me is if Faddy isn't town, and knows that a swap with me would lead to a red check. Faddy is playing with a strong self-preservationist drive, so that would blow the cover.

Anyhow, not really a valid argument to bring up in the main thread now, so wanted to leave it here for you in case I'm not around to make it myself.

It's been good playing with you whatever happens!

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
...Not at all how I expected that to end. I'm pretty set on faddy being scum now.

Gotta think a bit to get some more reads based on that ending, but I'll share here when I get some together.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Ok so some reads here:

Top Scum:
Faddy - Why shoot Fate instead of me? So many people agreed that getting me would answer more questions than Fate would, and given Fate's flip, this looks especially bad.

jman - jman is paying attention, but not really engaging in any meaningful way. I get that this is kind of his playstyle in general, but it always feels like participating just enough to be town read, without interacting enough to cause harm to their rep.

Town:
Nin - Leaning town here, pending Faddy's flip. The way he played his role makes me believe it, and if Faddy's flip pans out like Nin promised it would, I'll be fully in on nin being town. One thing that's weird to me was the lack of vote at day's end. He went to sleep, claiming a red-check on me. Why wouldn't he put a vote out?

wee - I liked her interactions at the end of the day. Wasn't present during majority of the day, but the way she was leading discussion and clarifying details others hadn't, and not just engaging in the circus around her was good to me.

Still thinking on:
Verelios - was accurate about Fate's role, and brought it up in a town manner, but also the conclusion it was a scum aligned role seemed a bit harsh. I don't see that being something scum would go with though since the reasoning is still a bit flaky, but I could see it.

Wizard - I'm leaning town here, but I also think he's a bit distracting and that whole Tailor theory debacle was off. I'm more concerned that a lot of posts by Wizard are going to lead to mechanical callouts that aren't super useful to us.

People I've forgotten are playing:
malus, kopite, stan, etc.

By no means is this a comprehensive list, still working on it but just wanted to jot some thoughts down while I have the time.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
I'm not sure I believe nin at this point. How else would Fate have swapped me and a townie, and nin gotten a red check on me?

Top Bottom