Spectator Thread Spectator Chat

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Well, that could have gone better. Granted, it could have gone worse, but it could have gone a lot better. I wouldn't be surprised to see an oreo/Ty4on thunderdome in D5 if today's anything to go by.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
They could do with a good night after yesterday's in-fighting. I was reading through my fingers at that last stretch...

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
I was expecting them to go for cabot to silence him before he works the situation out. If he flipped as town now, I would have thought that'd make donna pretty much untouchable. Having said that, I was assuming that CeeCee wouldn't have been able to protect cabot last night - I must have miscounted.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
If everyone keeps following cabot, I'd say that donna and Time are looking very safe indeed. Given that cabot would flip as a town cop, I think that would make the others double down on his reads even if they did lynch him as a suspcted scum cop.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
CeeCee said:
I'm not saying I think you being scum is a likely case. But I find it hard to reconcile you being town and me being in the game and Ty being town. Seems like too much to me.

Unless there is a godfather I guess.
Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's the first time someone's raised the possibility of a godfather. But will they twig who it is in time?

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
I think that's it for town. If they're about to mislynch JubJub and have pretty much pegged Ty4on for tomorrow when he flips town, I can see the next few phases going as:

D5 - NZJubJub - Eight left
N5 - rac or Salva - Seven left
D6 - Ty4on or oreo - Six left
N6 - Anyone - Five left
D7 - MyLo

I just can't see them figuring out donna or Time in D6 - they've already lined up too many potential candidates for tomorrow to even consider those two.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Hi everyone.

I will say Cabot is bad. His claim is all over the place and doesn't really make sense. I know he is doing it as town because someone should have countered with another investigative role by now. Did he fake the PM from gir about getting a difference between Vanilla and Goon?

Reading this it seems like Donna an Time are the other mafia? Erm town are in trouble. Donna should be able to ride this to victory.

Right now CeeCee should not be protecting Cabot, if everything is above board then the game is won. Mafia can't lynch Cabot since that would confirm so many players. He should use his doc power as a quasi cop and try to protect an unconfirmed player. Ty would be a decent choice.

The only plus is that the lynch order going JubJub first, they might get Time next on the premise town doesn't have 2 vigis. 4v1 and they will know the checks aren't real before final 3 so will be looking for a Godfather.

The only plus is that the lynch order going JubJub first, they might get Time next on the premise town doesn't have 2 vigis.

They might go after Ty next based on the assumption that Town would be to Op with a Bullet Proof person as well as Doc/Cop/Vig.

I think it may be a close call between Ty and Time next

Faddy

They might go after Ty next based on the assumption that Town would be to Op with a Bullet Proof person as well as Doc/Cop/Vig.

Maybe. I can see both arguments. Two town vigis means a BP mafia makes sense. A town BP with an unrestricted doctor is pretty powerful. Really they shouldn't be lynching JubJub because as mafia he wasted a huge PR using his day kill early when he could have waited to take out a PR claim.

The game numbers are really weird to me. 16 is on the edge for a 4 member scum team. But on here I would always be thinking 3 with a neutral. Then the 3 mafia really do need the extra kill. It is tough.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town

My money's on there being a brief mention of cabot's earlier suggestion that of the two vigs, one must be town and the other must be scum, before that immediately gets thrown out of the window to go after Ty4on over the flavour dispute.

Faddy

Maybe. I can see both arguments. Two town vigis means a BP mafia makes sense. A town BP with an unrestricted doctor is pretty powerful. Really they shouldn't be lynching JubJub because as mafia he wasted a huge PR using his day kill early when he could have waited to take out a PR claim.

The game numbers are really weird to me. 16 is on the edge for a 4 member scum team. But on here I would always be thinking 3 with a neutral. Then the 3 mafia really do need the extra kill. It is tough.

And Ty coming with the neutral claim. Makes sense to me.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
getting rid of ty elongates the game for town, so not a bad lynch
I see what you mean now - if they try hitting Ty4on, they might just believe him about Time afterwards. Or cabot could just keep tunnelling him as BP scum, of course.

Faddy

@acohrs The game seems in the open here. Give us some insight to cabot's role. His claimed checks make no sense. Is he just a role cop? I can see why he would immediately scum read a roleblocker but he seems all over the place on what he can actually do.

Faddy

Argh what is Rac doing. You have two players counterclaiming. You need to lynch one of them!

Btw. If I had got the sub call for Fat I would have just counterclaimed the shit out of Cabot. Screw this Miller nonsense.

Even if they lynch Time, his role name really is a soft godfather power as Ty is saying. They'd never consider that scum would have an actual godfather on top of that.

Faddy

Even if they lynch Time, his role name really is a soft godfather power as Ty is saying. They'd never consider that scum would have an actual godfather on top of that.

If they lynch Time and Ty leaves the game they will. (I don't know why Ty would lie about that, it makes little logical sense)
CeeCee protects Cabot again and they get a check on Oreo. Everyone is Green.

If they lynch Time and Ty leaves the game they will. (I don't know why Ty would lie about that, it makes little logical sense)
CeeCee protects Cabot again and they get a check on Oreo. Everyone is Green.
Hmm. That's true.

Come on cabot see the light

Faddy

The follow the cop stuff going on is a real boon for scum team so far!

I still don't see this working out completely for Mafia. As far as we know with CeeCee alive they can't kill Cabot.

If Oreo dies today I don't see where Mafia goes. Cabot gets a check on Ty. They immediately lynch Time , Ty lives and everyone is green. At this point it is going to be Donna vs Rac with probably Cabot on the final day. Wrong! Mafia Just Win

Lynch Oreo, Kill CeeCee
Lynch Time, Ty Leaves, Kill Cabot
... wait. Town loses.

That can't happen. If they lynch Oreo today they need to get Donna tomorrow so Ty doesn't leave the game.

Lynch Oreo, Kill CeeCee
Confirm Ty. Get the lynch right between Rac and Donna, Kill Ty
Lynch Time. Cabot and Rac win.

But there is nothing to stop Time sacrificing with himself, Donna and Ty. Ty wins, mafia wins. So lynching Oreo is almost a certain loss for town.

Very interesting.

Well Cabot only gets roles so he could be convinced that ceecee or ty are certain scum

ceecee also earlier said he didn't entirely trust cabot either and thinks he may be scum.

So it's all about who can convince who really.

Faddy

Uh that is some kind of hint.

It confirms the neutral since with 3 mafia it would be LYLO and with only 2 mafia town would have a lynch left regardless.

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
Telling them they're in mylo shouldn't have happened. That's information they don't get to know unless it's an open setup.

Faddy

I'm going to assume Ty is not Lynch Proof.

The right play now is to lynch Ty because they know he isn't a mislynch, whether he survives or not. Obviously I can work it out with all the information that he is 100% real but I don't see town seeing this and agreeing. And keeping Ty around doesn't actually gain town anything.

7 alive Ty lynch, CeeCee dies
5 alive Time lynch, Cabot dies
Final 3 Oreo, Donna, Rac.

Telling them they're in mylo shouldn't have happened. That's information they don't get to know unless it's an open setup.

I think that is up to the game runner. This information isn't automatic in either set up.

Faddy

Although I don't actually think this is MYLO even though town could lose with a mislynch.

Mafia don't know Ty's actual win con. He can say he wins and leaves the game on the death of Time but that is unknown to mafia so open co-operation is dangerous.

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
Nah, not when there are 7 players there. Knowing this, Town can figure out how many enemies are still alive, and they shouldn't have that until it's obvious (like when there are only 3 players).

And besides, I don't think today is mylo, unless i misread the win conditions.

Hmmm.

If they lynch a townie and another townie dies tonight (worst case scenario), there'd still be two townies, two scum and Ty left. The game doesn't end if that happens, does it?

Faddy

Oreo is a smart cookie

oreomunsta said:
empress, Ty, cabot, Cee, Time, rac, oreo. 7 of us left

I think Ty is telling the truth, 6 players left not neutral. 4 town, 2 scum, 1 neutral would be a mylo situation
If Ty was lying, then mylo would only happen if someone else was neutral and should prooobably speak up about it

What if we lynched Ty, and cabot ran his check again? It may give town more useful info while we face lylo, but it puts a lot of weight on whatever cabot feels like sharing :/

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
I do wonder what it's going to take to get town to realise what's going on with donna. She's doing a great job of playing stealthily - thanks to the green check, she's about the only one that no-one's pointing the finger at, even this far in.

Faddy

Cabot is such a dummy. You worked out that the MYLO warning confirms the neutral. It is MYLO, just fucking lynch the neutral, get saved then you have a check on every player in the game! Then it becomes clear just how much gir is fucking you.

How many games do we need to play until people realise the mods are always screwing over town with dumb counters, weird roles and flavour?

How many games do we need to play until people realise the mods are always screwing over town with dumb counters, weird roles and flavour?

Well I'm new and this is the first time I've watched a game.

I'm having a blast watching all this unfold XD

Faddy

99 times out of 100, when a townie says something like "I doubt [gamerunner] would do [thing]", they're wrong.

I've been there :lol

Yes. But while saying it loudly don't throw the game by buying in 100%.

This is especially dumb because it is confirmed MYLO they have a confirmed safe lynch to make, a confirmed method of getting more info. But I guess that isn't as fun as just YOLOing.

This is especially dumb because it is confirmed MYLO they have a confirmed safe lynch to make, a confirmed method of getting more info. But I guess that isn't as fun as just YOLOing.
You're right. Voting outside of Ty or Time today makes absolutely no sense :/

On the other hand, avoiding obvious thunderdomes is such a town thing to do.

Faddy

You're right. Voting outside of Ty or Time today makes absolutely no sense :/

On the other hand, avoiding obvious thunderdomes is such a town thing to do.

The lynch has to be Ty. Here is a world that is still in play for the townies in the game.

Time is town, Ty is mafia with a partner. One of the other players is a neutral survivor.

In that situation Ty is going for the mislynch and win when he outs to find the neutral for the win tomorrow.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member

I mean if we didn't YOLO, would we even be us?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
hey, you and me went to the land of victory together, remember? We're better than this nonsense.

squidyj

Son of Yn
99 times out of 100, when a townie says something like "I doubt [gamerunner] would do [thing]", they're wrong.

I've been there :lol

I remember saying something like
"There's no way Nin would put that many scum in this game, that'd be stupid fucking broken" in wwe
but he did, and it was.

Okay so either Ty is lying or I'm confused.

If Ty ie Neutral then it's 2 v 1 v 2 and based on the scum role pm (from archs death post), all scum has to do is get them down to equal or lower than the scum team.

If Ty is Town and was lying it's 3 vs 2 then...

Faddy

Well with CeeCee alive so town actually has a shot here.

Cabot and CeeCee need to know they are both town and work out what to do. If they realise Donna is town they negotiate with Ty to lynch Donna and say CeeCee will protect Ty for the town and neutral win.

Or scum could hammer on Time and give themselves a 50/50 shot they dodge the doc save.

Killing Rac was not smart on the part of mafia.

Oh wait, I think I realize it now. They need either one town or one neutral gone. It has to be 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1 completely.

I think.

Faddy

Oh wait, I think I realize it now. They need either one town or one neutral gone. It has to be 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1 completely.

I think.

Yes. They need to be in control of 50% of the votes. They only have 2/5.

Yes. They need to be in control of 50% of the votes. They only have 2/5.

Yeah, I had to reread it since it sounded like, neutral didn't matter in the grand scheme and that it was more down to town vs mafia with neutral just trying to survive or something.

I understand now though XD. See, I'm a newbie with this stuff lol.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
If they lynch time, and ty leaves due to it, it will come down to "will CeeCee protect the right person".

Faddy

If they lynch time, and ty leaves due to it, it will come down to "will CeeCee protect the right person".

Mafia didn't take enough risks to get CeeCee out of the game. With a Godfather the cop isn't the main problem.

I think if empress immediately bussed Time at day start she'd have a chance of getting a mislynch in the next phase.

This is going to be either a god tier protection or a god tier NK.

Donna isn't getting the protect wasted on her by ceecee so it's down to who should she NK and who will ceecee protect.

And by this point, ceecee knows that Donna is scum and that he and cabot are town. so it's a 50/50 shot for both town and scum.

rac

whatever
wow

what a day i just missed
i was half about to wonder about a godfather btw but ya know w/e

also i went to new york for a mini vacation and it was really hard to play ya know

Tomorrow, we'll have a winner. There is no way cabot and ceecee don't vote for Donna right away (outside of some gloating funtimes I guess) when the day starts if her NK fails.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Well, nice to see the pieces have finally fallen in place for town - although I'm not entirely sure why cabot voted for Time when he'd already realised that lynching donna would keep Ty4on in the game and save leaving CeeCee as the overnight kingmaker. Still, being on the town team, I wish him the best of luck!

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Cabot and CeeCee need to know they are both town and work out what to do. If they realise Donna is town they negotiate with Ty to lynch Donna and say CeeCee will protect Ty for the town and neutral win.
I didn't think of this start :thinking:

I wasn't really trusting CC to protect me though lol

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Well, nice to see the pieces have finally fallen in place for town - although I'm not entirely sure why cabot voted for Time when he'd already realised that lynching donna would keep Ty4on in the game and save leaving CeeCee as the overnight kingmaker. Still, being on the town team, I wish him the best of luck!
If I'm playing rationally in pretty much never not voting Timeaisis. Going through Donna is a pretty big risk for me.

Faddy

I didn't think of this start :thinking:

I wasn't really trusting CC to protect me though lol

I was shocked when CeeCee didn't know what was happening. If mafia were on the ball they could have sniped the win or even got the no lynch. Hard luck for Time. This is why weekends suck. My plans got cancelled because of snow/st patricks day being annoying so I'm here instead.

I assume he has just been self preserving for the last few days. Mafia really botched their day shot.

cabot

Why.
good game mostly.

I feel the scum vigilante role was an extra counter on top of the godfather. if ty never claimed, I'd have never went after Time once the result was in.

cabot

Why.
I also hated having to adjust my claim based on gir's mistake. I think if squidy was still alive, I'd have been lynched, which was infuriating.

I should not have to accommodate for mod mistakes

Faddy

good game mostly.

I feel the scum vigilante role was an extra counter on top of the godfather. if ty never claimed, I'd have never went after Time once the result was in.

Poor sneaker knowledge. You gotta know Yeezy went to Adidas.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
I spend a good minute googling donna's """"Vans"""" shoe brand to see if it was some obscure branch of Nike lol

cabot

Why.
i did learn nike owned converse, which was actually a bit of a 'what the hell' take when it happened.

cabot

Why.
Cabot is such a dummy. You worked out that the MYLO warning confirms the neutral. It is MYLO, just fucking lynch the neutral, get saved then you have a check on every player in the game! Then it becomes clear just how much gir is fucking you.

i mean the issue here was i wasn't considering a godfather, so with my checks oreo had to be scum.

It was a case of essentially oreo was confirmed scum to me. I was never gonna choose a potential neutral over a confirmed scum.

Top Bottom