Game Thread Power Rangers Mafia | The Community Park Where All the Monster Fights Happen

Blue Ranger

Costume Account
I made an updated version of my reads immediately after yesterday's flip but I left it on my home PC and I won't be there until much later today :(

Anyway, updated top scum. I promise they're more fleshed out in the full version:

Blue - Terrible voting history.
Skull - I think Zack was onto something with his Skull read above.
White - Also terrible voting history, but his interactions with Jason on days 1 and 2 make me feel better about him? I know some said yesterday that his pre-hammer vote was an easy giveaway but eh.

In that order. Skull might get to first place now that Zack is gone though. Too obvious?

Vote: Blue Ranger
Am I sick or are you? I was on 2 of the three confirmed scum trains, how the hell is that a bad voting record?

Tommy

Costume Account
I'm getting outplayed here. I'd never expect Zack. But what I'm worth atm, I seem to be wrong about everything.

Also, that self-hammer.

In addition to the stuff that Zack mentioned...

I like Alpha’s posting style and nothing got my attention as potentially scummy. He’s clear on that end. I find that the strongest argument against him is his bad vote record, besides his push for Zordon on D3. What gets me is his quick vote for Green after rac claimed. I’m repeating myself, but I believe scum would’t abandon their strongman like that right after a Celebrity got revealed.

Even so, considering how many players joined his wagon yesterday, his lynch continues to be high info.
Well, Zordon’s wagon had deflated when Alpha switched to Black. Sitting on his vote for Zordon would be weird considering that, so the choice was between you and Black and he choose Black for the lynch.

If that was a bus vote, I think it’s easy to put your feet down and say you’ll stick with the vote, even if it’s useless, to get some credits later after your scum mate flips.

Zack’s unvote reads to me like a careful town, unsure if he’s actually right or if he just gave an opening for scum to move in for the mislynch.
Hmm.. don’t like this post. Feels like you’re just taking advantage of the discussion.
Seems we are defaulting on Alpha’s lynch, although I guess this wagon had more effort than last phase. It’s weird though that no counter pushes were made. I mean, even if we’re going by the consensus of 2 scum remaining, they can’t really control the vote, but they can at least try to present a new lead to misdirect. Alpha’s mild push on Zack can’t be it..

But anyway, did a quick read on Alpha’s D2 and yeah, his vote for Red is actually the scummiest. He admitted before that he’d be interested in a Red Ranger swing vote if the circumstances lead to it, and indeed he votes right after the wagon becomes feasible. In contrast with the other quick votes from Rita, Zack and Black, it’s apparent that he feels the need to justify the vote, despite already arguing for a Red Ranger lynch throughout the phase. Might be playstyle, but in this game and at this point it’s hard to know for sure.

Still not confident at all. His quick vote for Green following this really gets me, but maybe I’m thinking harder about this than scum..

This is some pretty wishy washy stuff in light of Alpha 5's flip. You constantly take a middle of the road approach until the third post, as if you're looking for something to jump on to. The bolded in particular is just straight up FUD to make us second guess the lynch.

Vote: Skull

Also, Alpha hammering the vote the moment Zack started talking about his read on you is very telling.

Green Ranger

Costume Account
Looking back, some people, myself included, were even beginning to voice potential suspicion of Zack which makes that an even weirder kill. Not that I think that suspicion would have carried over into today with Alphas lynch.

Bulk

Costume Account
Am I sick or are you? I was on 2 of the three confirmed scum trains, how the hell is that a bad voting record?
At the very end of Jason's, and Zordon doesn't count, he was getting lynched on that day phase 100%. If I was scum I would've jumped on that vote the second I saw the red check.

Tommy

Costume Account

This is some pretty wishy washy stuff in light of Alpha 5's flip. You constantly take a middle of the road approach until the third post, as if you're looking for something to jump on to. The bolded in particular is just straight up FUD to make us second guess the lynch.

Also, Alpha hammering the vote the moment Zack started talking about his read on you is very telling.

So Skulls vote on Alpha. When it was between Alpha and Yellow.

Was that an attempt to tie it? Don't see a bus happening there. That would be very risky as scum.

That vote has been in the back of my head a while now.

Tommy

Costume Account
I originally thought it was an attempt to tie it. It came at the same time as my majority vote fuck up.

Was that an attempt to tie it? Don't see a bus happening there. That would be very risky as scum.

Which day phase was this? I only read over Day 5 last night because I was extremely busy.

Billy

Costume Account
I can only assume that is a WIFOM kill to get me to beat the Tommy drum some more. I’m actually more interested in something else though.

@White Ranger please walk us through again why you made the vote you did and why. Because I find it odd that you tried to drop an “I’m going to be afk” vote and then came back a half hour later to defend it when I called you on it.

Blue Ranger

Costume Account
At the very end of Jason's, and Zordon doesn't count, he was getting lynched on that day phase 100%. If I was scum I would've jumped on that vote the second I saw the red check.
Logically I could say the same about your voting history since you came onto Jason later than me, and your d5 Alpha vote was ineffectual.

Bulk

Costume Account
I originally thought it was an attempt to tie it. It came at the same time as my majority vote fuck up.
Maybe he had that post in the chamber, saw your turbo and posted it immediately anyway, knowing it was safe to do? There's a minute between those posts

Kimberly

Costume Account

On top of that, this is the only direct interaction around alpha’s lynch:

Hmm.. don’t like this post. Feels like you’re just taking advantage of the discussion.

Well, people were talking about Zack, so I just decided to go back and look at his voting record in detail.

Basically it makes Skull look like he’s questioning Alpha’s behaviour and once Alpha goes “just talking about Zack because other people are talking about Zack”, skull seems happy to jump onto “hmmm dunno bout this Alpha lynch”. Skull doesn’t seem to follow this up afterwards but they both seem to talk to other people about it which is weird.

Billy

Costume Account
One thing I will say is I definitely town read Rita now, I doubt she kills Zack when we’ve agreed in gossip chat a few times that a lynch there could be a good idea.

I just went back and read it, and then read Zack's posts and well...

After that, Yellow and Alpha ended up becoming the leading trains. Skull spent the time close to EoD active in the thread, but not really taking a stance between those two, and instead making innocuous posts like this:

In the end, they ended up voting Alpha (#2784) against their earlier reads and only after Yellow had already been hammered.

Yeah, I'm not counting that vote.

Kimberly

Costume Account
It does seem weird though that the hammer fell when Zack was talking about Skull and then Zack conveniently dies so cannot continue this line of thought.

Bulk

Costume Account
One thing I will say is I definitely town read Rita now, I doubt she kills Zack when we’ve agreed in gossip chat a few times that a lynch there could be a good idea.
Do you still think Tommy might be faking his claim?

Kimberly

Costume Account
Zack’s Skull posts are actually pretty interesting.

This really does feel like (possibly) the final scum killing to save their own skin.

Especially since Zack’s posts were persuasive. I mean that’s why I finally decided to vote Alpha.

It does seem weird though that the hammer fell when Zack was talking about Skull and then Zack conveniently dies so cannot continue this line of thought.

I mean, it's obviously to get us to question it. It's just a matter of "Was Alpha cutting the conversation short so we couldn't talk more about scum!Skull?" or "Was Alpha cutting the conversation short so we'd suspect town!Skull even more?"

But the posts I linked make me heavily lean towards Skull being scum, especially because they're similar to what Zack notes regarding the Alpha 5 vs Yellow Ranger lynch.

Tommy

Costume Account
Btw, below the post I was typing when Alpha hammered himself; Did not continue it yet.

So Skull gets the random day 1 vote from Jason. There could be something in that if you want. It's a harmless vote so no harm done between scummates there. Some random comments about being a weird day 1 (?) and saying we shouldn't claim (?).

Then he starts posting about Goldar. Whats interesting her is that he seems to be townreading Goldar and he is keen to be showing that. How strong can your townread be day one if you aren't scum?

At one moment, he was willing to vote either me or Jason (his D1 scumreads), and his wouldn't vote list have 2 confirmed non-scum now. He ends up voting Jason, which is in his advantage. It was the vote that made it 4-4 Blue Ranger - Jason. But I absolutely dislike his switch from Jason to Goldar. It was under the assumption he couldn't stay on his Jason vote. But voting for your previous townread seems weird. Doesn't it?

Day 2; Rita picked up the lousy vote from Skull. No solid justification, in my eyes.

Onto his reads; he townreads Alpha. Which is interesting, since I don't think there is reason to specially believe Alpha is town after Day 1 and partly Day 2. He also shares some mild suspicion on Zordon. Curious to see if he continues this.

So what's interesting is that he votes Jason with a vote that makes it 5-3 Jason - Trini. If I want to scumread Skull this is a key moment. This might be a bus here, since I think Jason was a lost case.

----

So I will continue on that today, interesting is his town read of Alpha, which I think was suspicious without the flip already.

Green Ranger

Costume Account
I mean, it's obviously to get us to question it. It's just a matter of "Was Alpha cutting the conversation short so we couldn't talk more about scum!Skull?" or "Was Alpha cutting the conversation short so we'd suspect town!Skull even more?"

But the posts I linked make me heavily lean towards Skull being scum, especially because they're similar to what Zack notes regarding the Alpha 5 vs Yellow Ranger lynch.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Alpha could have just known that he had no chance of surviving and gave up with no intention behind it. Though yeah, the timing is convienient.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Alpha could have just known that he had no chance of surviving and gave up with no intention behind it. Though yeah, the timing is convienient.

You're right. I guess it'd be more accurate to state that Alpha definitely hammered themselves as a mean of surrendering and preventing any further conversation, but that it's definitely WIFOM territory behind that.

Skull

Costume Account
Sup guys.

Welp, getting Zack after that D6 is a nasty way of getting me under pressure. Town had zero leads besides Alpha.

It seems to have worked. I didn’t even get the chance to respond to Zack’s argument, which had a bunch of flaws in it, due to Alpha’s hammer and people are actually usig that against me. I think Zack had already made his case on me actually, but w/e.

I’m on mobile right now. Let me get at home.

Billy

Costume Account
I don't think the hammer was for anything in particular other than cutting general chat short.

Skull

Costume Account
Alright, I'm here. Let me finally address that post from Zack. It sucks that he's not here to actually debate or clarify some points, but his posts are pretty through so I think it will work.

I first started getting weirded out by Skull when rereading stuff on early D5. The main reason for it was, funnily enough, the absolutely nonsensical Jason D1 vote on them (#101).
After following Mini Mafia IV, one of the big things I've been on the lookout for is a very focused D1 bus - and that's what the Skull push against Jason made me think of. Not because Skull didn't sell it well enough, but because Jason's initial vote itself was so fucking bad that it felt forced, fabricated. This is me presuming some amount of skill on scum's part, yes - but not a whole lot of it. That vote was basically the first actual thing Jason did in the game, at a point in which players were basically just throwing random D1 start votes at each other, and it ended up killing them. That's just straight-up bizarre in my eyes.

If I understand this right, Zack's idea is that my vote for Jason D1 was an elaborate scum plot to gain points right off the bat with me already bussing Jason after his very first (horrible) post. I can't argue much against this, other than say it sounds like a bad plan. First, and I think we discussed this in this game already with Zordon x Rita, artificial pushes between scum mates at D1 is a stupid idea and almost always gets ignored or outright backfires. Who cares about those first votes? That wasn't even why I stuck into Jason, it was because he didn't do anything worth noting for two whole phases and both lynches were extremely close even so. Second is the fact that Jason was a strongman. Why would scum just start the game with something so dangerous as putting a PR as important as a strongman on the line for maybe some townie points when he flips? I wasn't even that hard on him, he was just the only player really on my mind at D1 and then at D2 because of how messy D1 EoD turned out to be.

In the same post, they said they were townreading Yellow, and that they didn't want to vote for Alpha (#2680).

After that, Yellow and Alpha ended up becoming the leading trains. Skull spent the time close to EoD active in the thread, but not really taking a stance between those two, and instead making innocuous posts like this:

In the end, they ended up voting Alpha (#2784) against their earlier reads and only after Yellow had already been hammered.

Skull could argue that, between Alpha and Yellow, they felt more comfortable with the Alpha lynch.
But the thing is: why would they feel the need to take a stance between two lynch trains they didn't agree with after the hammer hit?
Sooo, did everyone know at the moment that Tommy had just hammered Yellow? He had quite a bit of discussion before Pedro came in and ended the day, with no one pointing out the hammer. I know I didn't, I hadn't even finished typing my vote when he did it, since when I voted for Alpha the vote count was 6 x 5 to me.
I really didn't realize we were so near to the end of the phase before that too. I even said I would reread White to confirm my vote or remove it before that, but didn't get the chance at all (#2680).

Zack wasn't there at D5 EoD, so I can understand this, but others were there and saw how lost we were when the day ended.

If you're a townie in that situation, you just sit back on your White vote, which you actually feel strongly about, and watch what happens. Especially if you're someone who's been laying low and mostly townread the entire time - you have nothing to prove. Why go for that vote - one that meant nothing to the actual results?

If you're scum in that situation, though, you don't want to be one of the few who sit out of the main lynch trains on D5. You don't wanna lynch your scummate either, though - and it was a very close race. Not a comfortable situation to be in.

If Alpha does flip scum, Skull will start looking very bad because of that vote.
I think I have to justify this every single game, so this took some time to show up.
Sitting on an useless vote at the end of the phase is bad play as town. If you're alone at your vote, you're avoiding picking a side and the discussion. It's impossible NOT to lean towards one lynch instead of the other, and so it's important to show everyone else your side on the lynch. My push for White didn't lead to much, but that doesn't mean I should accept that and just ignore what the rest of the thread is discussing. This is why I felt the need to go for Goldar at D1 too, when Jason's wagon deflated.
I did vote late, and that was because I wasn't feeling neither lynch. I was wrong about Alpha. Like I said some half dozen times, his vote for Green after rac claimed was really townie to me. But I was right about Yellow.

Skull

Costume Account
I think I might have given the idea for Alpha to self-hammer there at the end, so sorry for that lol. I was sure White would remove his vote after I posted about it, instead he didn't post more.

Skull

Costume Account
And well, since I doubt I'm getting killed at this point, I'll share what I thought now based on my role. It's really weird to me how none of the claimed PRs have died so far, and now that Zack got NK'd that solidified my feelings.

I'm PR backup. I can choose to assume the role of PRs that get night killed and be that role for the rest of the game, so right now I'm still a vanilla. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointing that I didn't get the chance to use it lol. That was actually good for us, of course. We only had one bad PR claim with Rita and that surprisingly made scum avoid going for the kill. I was worried at the start since I thought we had lots of PRs and people would lightly claim them, but that didn't happen.

Skull

Costume Account
Anyway, pretty sure that the last scum is a role cop and that he found me out along the game. Scum knew that killing Kimber or Tommy wouldn't do much since I'd get their powers anyway, so they instead went for other confirmed or hard to lynch targets while throwing shade at them hoping for a mislynch. We've also just had Alpha flip as a roleblocker, so they could easily control those powers after they claimed without much to care.

Blue Ranger

Costume Account
And well, since I doubt I'm getting killed at this point, I'll share what I thought now based on my role. It's really weird to me how none of the claimed PRs have died so far, and now that Zack got NK'd that solidified my feelings.

I'm PR backup. I can choose to assume the role of PRs that get night killed and be that role for the rest of the game, so right now I'm still a vanilla. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointing that I didn't get the chance to use it lol. That was actually good for us, of course. We only had one bad PR claim with Rita and that surprisingly made scum avoid going for the kill. I was worried at the start since I thought we had lots of PRs and people would lightly claim them, but that didn't happen.
Well, I've seen this PR once before but I'm not entirely sure what to think of this claim.

Why didn't you assume the role of rac and town confirm yourself...?

Blue Ranger

Costume Account
Zord.gif

Updates a go go

Billy

Costume Account
Lol ok

VOTE: Skull

Haven’t locked someone down in years over a bad claim like that, thanks Skull.

White Ranger

Costume Account
White - Also terrible voting history, but his interactions with Jason on days 1 and 2 make me feel better about him? I know some said yesterday that his pre-hammer vote was an easy giveaway but eh.
Blue Ranger, -Sub-, Scum Jason with reasoning, Town Black Ranger with reasoning but hedging, MIA for red check, Scum Alpha 5, Scum Alpha 5. What am I not seeing here?
I can only assume that is a WIFOM kill to get me to beat the Tommy drum some more. I’m actually more interested in something else though.

@White Ranger please walk us through again why you made the vote you did and why. Because I find it odd that you tried to drop an “I’m going to be afk” vote and then came back a half hour later to defend it when I called you on it.
Because I was going to head off, but discussion spiked around that time so I decided to stick around a bit longer. It would be primo idiocy to not respond to questions asked while I'm still around.
I think I might have given the idea for Alpha to self-hammer there at the end, so sorry for that lol. I was sure White would remove his vote after I posted about it, instead he didn't post more.
You'd think if it bothered you so much you'd ask myself or someone else to unvote, from memory most if not all of the people with votes on Alpha 5 were around after I made my vote.

Kimberly

Costume Account
This seems incredibly risky considering that White hasn’t exactly been constantly present throughout the game. And just presuming that White would go “oh I better remove that vote in case this happens” also seems unlikely.

And looking at this, you’ve been presuming quite a lot of things.

Anyway, pretty sure that the last scum is a role cop and that he found me out along the game. Scum knew that killing Kimber or Tommy wouldn't do much since I'd get their powers anyway, so they instead went for other confirmed or hard to lynch targets while throwing shade at them hoping for a mislynch. We've also just had Alpha flip as a roleblocker, so they could easily control those powers after they claimed without much to care.

This seems somewhat ridiculous to keep the doctor under the guise of not wanting someone else to become doctor once they die. Surely keeping Tommy around or killing him and you taking up the mantle would result in the same outcome.

And if you think they know what you are, why wouldn’t they just kill you and then start picking off the PRs?

Green Ranger

Costume Account
Skulls claimed role is interesting. The role itself doesn't bother me but this comment does.

This assumption is really reaching. There's two possibilities for this post. Town Skull has been left to stew on his role during the whole game and has created this conspiracy against himself that would prevent him in carrying out his role (Despite the fact Rac died) or Scum Skull is trying to vaguely tie the visible decisions scum have made to himself to make people think "Oh, obviously Skull must be town because this explains x". It's a weird role to claim as scum which gives me pause.

Tommy

Costume Account
I'm confused.

Do you target somebody at night, and IF they die you get their PR? Or you get to choose afterwards? I have no clue how this works.

Skull

Costume Account
Just woke up. The amount of shade being thrown at me is fun right now haha.

On Alpha hammering, I had commented quite some time before of the 6 majority. That’s why I didn’t vote at the time. When I said he could self hammer I thought someone would unvote, mainly White since he had just posted. Escalating this to say I was bothered by it and that I should have asked for the unvote is kinda crazy to me lol.

Skull

Costume Account
Alright, I was trying to be vague about it but it was the absolute first thing to be pointed out by Rita lol.

I am limited by how many shots were left when the other player died. That means that I wouldn't be able get cop checks if Kimber died and I assumed her role. Was trying to keep that under wraps but meh.

I really did think of becoming rac when he died, but that was also an one shot mechanic so I'd become a vanilla either way. If he had been killed before using that, then I would've been able to self confirm like he did.

Welcome to the Morphin Grid.

You are the Red Ranger, a Town Username Celebrity.

Once per game during the Day Phase you may post the command ‘It’s Morphin’ Time!’ in the Game Thread to have a Mod reveal and confirm your real identity as well as your Alignment. You will then post in your real account for the remainder of the game.

However until then, not only is this your Role Name but it is also your identity that will hide who you truly are. You will be given access to a special account to use only for this game. All game-related posts or messages must be made through this account.

Your login information is:
Username:
Password: hereliesrachewasthebest

Each password is unique, please do not change it.

You are aligned with Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Oy vey I cannot wait for the fantastic gymnastics we're in for when Skull returns.
giphy.gif

Skull

Costume Account
I'm confused.

Do you target somebody at night, and IF they die you get their PR? Or you get to choose afterwards? I have no clue how this works.
Sorry, that I forgot to specify.

I send my command the day phase after the other player dies. So I see the flip at daybreak and then I can choose to become him.

For example, if Tommy had died this phase I could send my command now and then at N7 I could protect someone already.

Skull

Costume Account
This seems somewhat ridiculous to keep the doctor under the guise of not wanting someone else to become doctor once they die. Surely keeping Tommy around or killing him and you taking up the mantle would result in the same outcome.

And if you think they know what you are, why wouldn’t they just kill you and then start picking off the PRs?
Well, we've had rac confimed town at D2 and Trini semi confirmed after that tight vote with Jason. D4 you claimed and so cleared 3 other players. With 2 deathless nights, scum had a lot to go through before they could worry about me. Plus, if I did get targeted, I don't know when that happened sincerely.
I wasn't exactly town read along the game either, so killing me would be weird as hell. Zack biting was, imagine if I went.

Skulls claimed role is interesting. The role itself doesn't bother me but this comment does.

This assumption is really reaching. There's two possibilities for this post. Town Skull has been left to stew on his role during the whole game and has created this conspiracy against himself that would prevent him in carrying out his role (Despite the fact Rac died) or Scum Skull is trying to vaguely tie the visible decisions scum have made to himself to make people think "Oh, obviously Skull must be town because this explains x". It's a weird role to claim as scum which gives me pause.
I thought of claiming because when I flip you guys will look into the non-claimed/powerless players yet. Billy has his gossip chat and Green can't be a godfather considering a role cop.
I might be stretching it, but it's what been in my mind since Tommy didn't get killed and instead they went for rac, and now with Zack dying.

Can't see a scenario where there isn't scum between White, Blue and Bulk.

Billy

Costume Account
So you’re role is worthless, we have three one shots that would all be well gone before you could ever use it. Then the cop which is slightly more with three shots and the doc that we could actually benefit from.

Still don’t believe you

Billy

Costume Account
Also, again, your role cop thing is a stretch and more likely a case of TMI. If they cared about you gaining power, they would have killed you, not danced around a no name like Zack.

Kimberly

Costume Account
This seems like nonsense and the more you try to explain it, the least I believe it.

I will of course eat my pterodactyl zord if I am wrong.

Skull

Costume Account
So you’re role is worthless, we have three one shots that would all be well gone before you could ever use it. Then the cop which is slightly more with three shots and the doc that we could actually benefit from.

Still don’t believe you
How is that worthless? I'm back up after all. Scum could get our cop at N1, or one of the one shotters as well. Getting those back powers back into the game without scum knowing so would've been amazing for us.

Does the player you take the role from need to be town?

Yes. My PM specifies that I will retain my original role name and that I can only target players from my alignment.

Which is weird since I can only assume killed players, not lynched ones, so I can't get Alpha's role either way.

Tommy

Costume Account
Also, again, your role cop thing is a stretch and more likely a case of TMI. If they cared about you gaining power, they would have killed you, not danced around a no name like Zack.

This I agree with. Kill Skull first, then go after PRs.

Green Ranger

Costume Account
Okay.

Granted we don't know the full breadth of roles yet but with what we know so far, the role seems completely useless and is too dependent on deaths that are outside of Skulls control. If it was able to steal roles of lynched people then maybe that would make more sense but if it's limited to killed players, it makes more sense as a scum role as at least then Skull would have control over who they can kill and eventually steal from.

Tommy

Costume Account
How is that worthless? I'm back up after all. Scum could get our cop at N1, or one of the one shotters as well. Getting those back powers back into the game without scum knowing so would've been amazing for us.

Yes. My PM specifies that I will retain my original role name and that I can only target players from my alignment.

Which is weird since I can only assume killed players, not lynched ones, so I can't get Alpha's role either way.

Neutrals.

Billy

Costume Account
The fact that there are a couple one shots is the main thing that gives me pause, we benefit from very little situations here. I understand that role is a catch-up mechanic but I don’t see it in this game.

More of an issue is how you jumped to role cop so suddenly for no real reason.

Bulk

Costume Account
Hmmm, I'm not sure if I buy the role claim, but at least it's interesting. It's convenient though in that there's no way we can check it, and if it's true then that scum cop assumption and the following logic is weird, if I was scum and knew there was a backup and it would take me 2 NKs to get rid of the Doctor I'd rather do that than keep it around indefinitely. The purpose of a scum role cop is finding roles and offing them ASAP, not finding them and... doing nothing.

I reread Blue and I feel better about them. Other than the tiebreaker vote for Jason on D2, on D1 Jason voted for Blue to tie the vote between him and them, so I find it unlikely that he'd tie the vote with a scummate when there were other options (both Goldar and Billy were behind with 2 votes each).

At this point I'm ok with lynching White or Skull. I don't think there's a "high info lynch" here, not with one remaining scum most likely and a role that we can't make assumptions about like Skull did with his scum cop thing.

Vote: White Ranger

Thoughts on White?

Skull

Costume Account
The fact that there are a couple one shots is the main thing that gives me pause, we benefit from very little situations here. I understand that role is a catch-up mechanic but I don’t see it in this game.

More of an issue is how you jumped to role cop so suddenly for no real reason.
Oh, that’s understandable, I was of the same opinion too. That’s one of the reasons why Rita’s claim weirded me out as much as it did back then, but I realized that I’m here exactly because we have so much one shotters.

The role cop thing wasn’t suddenly to me though. The fact that no PRs other than rac got taken out really got me thinking that, and it makes sense considering the set up.

Tommy

Costume Account
Thoughts on White D1 & D2 (I'll follow with more, but I do not want to make these posts to long):

I think his first day 1 is pretty solid (actually let me rephrase that, I liked White Ranger day 1, good activity, interesting posts). It's pre-replacement and early game, but I would not lynch that White Ranger. The vote ending on blue outside of the lynch candidates is bad, but I think it's due to something RL as he was replace afterwards. So town points for white there. It's little town points, because what I said, pre replacement and early game, so I won't weigh it in on my view on White to much.

After replacement:
New white get's an early vote in on Jason (D2). Which I initially put down as a town move. The post itself was solid and after all, it was a vote on scum making Jason vote leader. BUT; looking back (with known results); we do not have scum on the Jason lynch yet. I know it's a strongman scum didn't want to lose, but an early vote there which maybe could be removed or stayed there depending on actualities, wasn't that bad of an idea for scum teammate. Jason was going to flip eventually. It seemed like the rest of the scum team was going to try and save Jason already, wouldn't be surprised to find remaining scum on the Jason lynch.

On a different note: was my read on Jason useful to anyone? I didn't see it spark any discussion and I think only Zordon even mentioned it, so if no one actually wants to see any further ones then I'm fine switching to a more conventional posting style. More from me once I get home.

Day 3 read teaser. What is this white? You afraid nobody saw your Jason scum case?

Skull

Costume Account
Hmmm, I'm not sure if I buy the role claim, but at least it's interesting. It's convenient though in that there's no way we can check it, and if it's true then that scum cop assumption and the following logic is weird, if I was scum and knew there was a backup and it would take me 2 NKs to get rid of the Doctor I'd rather do that than keep it around indefinitely. The purpose of a scum role cop is finding roles and offing them ASAP, not finding them and... doing nothing.

I reread Blue and I feel better about them. Other than the tiebreaker vote for Jason on D2, on D1 Jason voted for Blue to tie the vote between him and them, so I find it unlikely that he'd tie the vote with a scummate when there were other options (both Goldar and Billy were behind with 2 votes each).

At this point I'm ok with lynching White or Skull. I don't think there's a "high info lynch" here, not with one remaining scum most likely and a role that we can't make assumptions about like Skull did with his scum cop thing.

Vote: White Ranger

Thoughts on White?
I started the day really thinking that last scum would be White, but can’t really reconcile his aggressiveness towards me right now. He knows that when I flip he’d get immediate pressured after these last days.

Bulk

Costume Account
Something to consider is that Jason linked himself to White weirdly early on on D1, stating that he trusted White several times. Those are 2 links. Then on D2 (post-replacement) White makes this lengthy post to justify his vote on Jason, which looks like a very good post to me; it really put Jason on the spot. If White is scum, I think we need to think that by the time White posted this, they were already set on bussing him, which I don't really buy, considering it was hardly a done deal by then.

Unvote

Green Ranger

Costume Account
There's elements of Whites play that sticks out during the game, such as bringing up his Jason read to ensure that he got credit for being on the right lynch that Tommy brought up but I don't feel strongly enough to lynch them today. I'd rather see the outcome of Skulls lynch first and proceed from there. With how this game has went, we've got a couple of days of mislynches available anyway if Skull actually isn't scum.

Billy

Costume Account
Oh, that’s understandable, I was of the same opinion too. That’s one of the reasons why Rita’s claim weirded me out as much as it did back then, but I realized that I’m here exactly because we have so much one shotters.

The role cop thing wasn’t suddenly to me though. The fact that no PRs other than rac got taken out really got me thinking that, and it makes sense considering the set up.

The point of a role cop is so you CAN kill PRs faster, not “miss” by hitting vanillas. If anything, I’d argue they don’t have a role cop or their role cop has other no valuable info. That you’re trying to sell the assumption that they do have a role cop that found you is highly unlikely to me.

Billy

Costume Account
Fwiw, I’d be voting white today without this weird claim that started the day. I don’t know how much I talked on it here as opposed to in gossip but ever since I subbed in my opinion of Skull has been “there’s something weird here but I can’t actually point to anything specific.”

With a claim that I think doesn’t fit in this puzzle right, that’s enough for me to cross the line on him.

Alright, I was trying to be vague about it but it was the absolute first thing to be pointed out by Rita lol.

Well yeah, of course it's going to get pointed out immediately. I am legitimately baffled as to how you thought you could be vague about it around me. :p

Green Ranger

Costume Account
Does anyone feel strongly about letting the day run its course? I'm not saying we need to turbo right now but I don't think we need the full day.

Blue Ranger

Costume Account

I don't know, this PR got a lot more technical with the number of one shots, and because they needed to be NKed it's making me reconsider how useful this power would be. Seems like the conditions for use are extremely stringent.

Billy

Costume Account
Unless someone else has something compelling, it seems like this will be Skull vs. White. I don’t see myself changing unless something else mechanical comes out that gives this role some more possibilities.

(Also with likely one scum left, I don’t see a reason for roles to keep PRs hidden at this juncture)

Kimberly

Costume Account
To clarify, I think it's a strange role in the first place but Skull also seems to keep adding rules onto it as he is questioned on it.

It all feels far too convenient and things seem to keep getting tacked on each time he speaks about it.

Furthermore, the logic that Tommy and Kimberly must be alive because scum know what I am is ridiculous.

Kimberly

Costume Account
To clarify, I think it's a strange role in the first place but Skull also seems to keep adding rules onto it as he is questioned on it.

It all feels far too convenient and things seem to keep getting tacked on each time he speaks about it.

Furthermore, the logic that Tommy and Kimberly must be alive because scum know what I am is ridiculous.

That last sentence being the way Skull has put this forward. Terrible wording on my part, sorry

Kimberly

Costume Account
The role cop part bothers me the most. If scum found a universal backup, why wouldn't they just shoot them?
That's part of my problem too. This idea that skull is guessing that they know what he is in an attempt to explain why Tommy and I are alive seems silly. Especially when scum surely would have just killed him if they knew this.

Bulk

Costume Account
Yeah, I don't have much else to say at the moment. Here's my current order of trust:

From least to most trusted:

Skull
White
Blue
Rita

The rest I think I trust more than to consider lynching. Billy is close, but I ultimately switched him and Rita because talking about the convenience of Skull's claim has made me recall how Rita's was also awfully convenient, but ultimately I distrust those top 3 more.

Billy

Costume Account
Yeah, I don't have much else to say at the moment. Here's my current order of trust:

From least to most trusted:

Skull
White
Blue
Rita

The rest I think I trust more than to consider lynching. Billy is close, but I ultimately switched him and Rita because talking about the convenience of Skull's claim has made me recall how Rita's was also awfully convenient, but ultimately I distrust those top 3 more.

I think you or your phone mixed up some of the trusts and distrusts in here so I want to clarify. Is that a list of people you would consider lynching and those not on the list you wouldn’t or vice-versa?

Billy

Costume Account
Wait maybe I do get it, never mind, you explain it, just found it odd you turned around on Rita, she seemed like a strong read for you the last couple of days.

Skull

Costume Account
I have confidence in you guys. Had a good time playing this.

Suck it bro.

VOTE: Skull

See y’all on the other side.

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon

melonrabbit

The Power Rangers made it. They had saved the community park once and for all. Coming together at the last moment to defeat scum invaders and triumph.

It isn't often five teenagers with attitude find their niche in life. Together, they had managed to preserve over the Krispy Kreme buyout and cross-promotional ties, survive the loss of their Red Ranger, the sudoku wars and shady attempt at launching a backdoor mafia pilot: Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills by the Network (read: Sawneeks.) And of course the Peace Conference that hadn't exactly gone that well.

Through it all the Rangers had never lost interest, despite the mediocre budget, the editing tricks to reuse assets, and hack scripts submitted by development. They stuck it out for the catering. And developed a kind of fondness for the costumed show.

It was charming, despite nostalgic lens.

And at the core of it all was...

Murder.

I said “Heart".

Heart was key. Thanks for playing.

Skull has died!

You are Skull, a Scum Doppelganger.

Oncer per game during the Night Phase you may submit the command ‘Copy: <Player Name>’ to copy the Role of that Player and any abilities it may have. If the ability had a limited number of shots, you will only get as many shots as your target has left at the end of the night phase. You will retain your Scum Alignment, Scum Win Con, and original Role Name. You may not target your fellow Mafia Teammates.

As a member of a Mafia Team you share a Faction Kill you may perform once per Night with the command ‘Kill: <Player Name>’.

Your Mafia Teammates are: [redacted]

You share a Mafia Chat here: [redacted]

Not only is this your Role Name but it is also your identity that will hide who you truly are. You will be given access to a special account to use only for this game. All game-related posts or messages must be made through this account.

Username:

Password:notenoughofficegifs

You are aligned with Mafia and win when your team has a majority of the votes at the start of a Day Phase.

Sorry, Jason, Zordon, Alpha 5, and Skull. Scum have lost!

_____

Congratulations. Town (and Pink Ranger) have won.

Blue Ranger has won.

You are the Blue Ranger, a Town 1-shot veteran.

Oncer per game you may submit the command ‘Self-Protect’ to protect yourself that Night Phase and kill whoever visits you. This will not protect you from being killed yourself.

Not only is this your Role Name but it is also your identity that will hide who you truly are. You will be given access to a special account to use only for this game. All game-related posts or messages must be made through this account.

Username:

Password:violenceisblue

You are aligned with Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Tommy has won.

You are Tommy, a Town Doctor.

During the Night Phase you may submit the command ‘Doctor:<Player Name>’ to protect that Player during the Night Phase and stop them from being killed. You may self-protect but are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row.

Username:

Password:thatsdro

Kimberly has won.

You are Kimberly, a Town 3-shot Alignment Cop.

During the Night Phase you may submit the command ‘Investigate:<Player Name>’ to Investigate the target Player’s alignment. You will receive a ‘Town’ or a ‘Not Town’ result. This ability can only be used up to 3 times.

Username:

Password:sheistickledpink

Billy has won.

You are Billy, a Town 1-shot Gossip.

Oncer per game during the Night Phase you may submit the command ‘Gossip:<Player1, Player2>’ to create a secret chat with those two Players. The alignments of the Players will not be confirmed to each other. The Chat will begin the following Day Phase after the command was sent. You may self target.

Username:

Password:who.gif

Rita Repulsa has won.

You are Rita Repulsa, a Town 1-shot Bulletproof Giver.

Once per game during the Night Phase you may submit the command ‘Give: <Player Name>’ to give that Player a passive Bulletproof. They will not be informed of this. You may not self target.

Username:

Password:onlyknowsentai

Green Ranger has won.
Welcome to the Morphin Grid

You are Green Ranger, an Ordinary Town, and your only power is to VOTE during the Day Phase.

Username:

Password:letmegetmyflute

White Ranger has won.

You are White Ranger, an Ordinary Town, and your only power is to VOTE during the Day Phase.

Username:

Password:isalsotommysomehow

And Bulk has won.

You are Bulk, an Ordinary Town, and your only power is to VOTE during the Day Phase.

Username:

Password:thebrainsoftheoperation

Also due to RNG Bulk was our Username Cop Victim! Double Congratulations!!

_____

Again we really really appreciate you all and the community for trying out our crazy anti-meta meta game and being patience with us as we figured this crazy thing out.

A BIG thanks to Pedro and our OuterMafia team for their guidance and support during this experiment. (Also jokes. Those kept us going).

Hope you all enjoyed playing.

Coming up we will have a “Starring As…” post and will be opening up the threads for access.

Melon and Sawneeks love you guys.

melonrabbit

Starring...

DCPat as ………….. Tommy Oliver

Sorian as ...….. Billy Cranston

Lone_Prodigy as ……. Goldar

Sophia as ………….. Rita Repulsa

heymonkey ………………. Zordon

Verelios as ……… The Blue Ranger

Kalor as …. The Green Ranger

Zippedpinhead as Jason Lee Scott

empressdonna as ….. Finster

Fireblend as ….. Bulk

corn93 as …… Trini Kwan

Stuart444 as ….. The Black Ranger

rac as …….. The Red Ranger

Girlofgotham as ……. Kimberly

Brazil as …… Zack Taylor

Fandorin as ….. Skull

Apollo as ….. The Yellow Ranger

SkyOdin as …. Alpha 5

NZJubJub as ………..The White Ranger

Faddy as ... The Pink Ranger

Green Ranger

Costume Account
That was a fun game. I'd play another game that used different accounts like this. I got some of the players right though I was way off base with others.

Skulls self vote had me doubting for a second but that role never made sense as town. Though it was a good attempt.

Top Bottom