Scum Thread Bandora's Palace

Sawneeks

little green dog
tumblr_inline_nbajyrnJQS1r2z6s8.gif

Welcome, evildoers!

Due to Role Names being attached to Account Names you won't be getting any safe Fake Claim Names from me, sorry. Also remember, you may not post your Role PM here. You can summarize it, just no direction quoting.

Now, I wish you all good luck! May the Forces of Evil guide you to victory!

Sawneeks

little green dog
Also, if you want you may reveal who you really are since you're all in the same boat with trying to conquer the world and all. It's entirely up to you though.

Skull

Costume Account
Also, if you want you may reveal who you really are since you're all in the same boat with trying to conquer the world and all. It's entirely up to you though.
Wasn’t sure on that. I think it’s important for us to share this.

Fandorin here.

Alpha 5

Costume Account
Okay, I'm SkyOdin on ResetEra.

I'm glad I can mention that, since this is my first time as part of a scum team. I will be needing all of you guys' help.

I suppose I should also mention that I am a Jailer. I can roleblock anyone and protect them from a nightkill. Which slightly worries me that we probably have a vigilante.

Skull

Costume Account
I’m a one-shot PR copier. Once during the game I can copy the role of another player, limited by how many shots he possibly may have remaining.

I can’t target you guys though, and it won’t affect my alignment of course.

Skull

Costume Account
Let’s all remember not to like our posts here. Or can we disable that feature somewhere?

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
Let’s all remember not to like our posts here. Or can we disable that feature somewhere?
Nice catch, Skull; I made sure that your posts wouldn't be added to your message counts, but forgot about the likes. I think you can't do that now~

Skull

Costume Account
So, with our team set up in mind, what can we say about Town PRs?

I’m thinking what would be the best role for me to copy, anything would be fine, but what should we target?

If we have a serial killer of some kind in game that would be stellar. Outside of that, hitting a role cop or a vigilante would definitely work too.

Alpha 5

Costume Account
If backed into a corner, I can just claim Jailer, since it has been a town PR in the past. I'd really prefer if none of us make any claims unless absolutely necessary, however.

We know that there is either a town vigilante or a serial killer out there, because otherwise I would just be a roleblocker instead of a jailer. We also know that there is probably a doctor or someone with bulletproof out there, because we have a strongman kill.

Unless the combo exists purely so that we can kill the target I jail in case we absolutely want a specific player out of action. That is a cool combo, but seems overkill and something of a waste of resources.

Skull

Costume Account
Agreed on claims. They should be our last resources.

Jailer + Strongkiller is seriously making me think of a serial killer, but let’s see how it goes.

Skull

Costume Account
Nice catch, Skull; I made sure that your posts wouldn't be added to your message counts, but forgot about the likes. I think you can't do that now~
Forgot to thank you Pedro! Didn’t even know about the message count.

Jason

Costume Account
Unless people are crazy enough to claim abilities day 1 AND that everyone has an ability I think I’m safe to claim vanilla.

Strong killer, so my counter is 1:1 flip which is never good for scum (so I can’t claim defender).

Not going to claim though.

Skull

Costume Account
Rita is the player getting my attention so far. Pretty aggressive start. I think it’s safe to say she’s a more veteran player.

Alpha 5

Costume Account
I am a touch worried that she will somehow manage to get Zordon lynched based on a metajoke. That would be both hilarious and heart-breaking. Still just me being nervous at this point, at least.

Skull

Costume Account
Not yet at least. We could easily misdirect some votes off her this early in the game.

Besides, no way in hell Monkey is going down like this in D1.

Zordon

Costume Account
Yeah, I will buckle down tomorrow and throw off Rita. I might get lynched but if it’s day one I will have a heart attack on the spot.

Skull

Costume Account
What we should be careful is to not take the discussion out of Zordon while leaving her alone talking about it. That could lead traces that we misdirected the conversation.

I’d say it’s best to take the accusations head on, they are pretty much feels™ anyway.

Jason

Costume Account
Phrase to avoid for me “scum buddies”.

Pretty sure I’m the only person that uses it

Skull

Costume Account
Lol.

I use too much adverbs (even in Portguese). My brother can easily figure that out.

Jason

Costume Account
Well, I’m pretty sure Billy is nin. He signed up right?
yep number 7 on the signup.

Its possible he got subbed out due to priority, but at least from the base list Nin was on it.

Also Red Ranger may have a killing power. That is how I am reading their posts. Only townies that even joke about that usually have ulterior motives. I don't think we can capitalize on that today, but it may be something for us to consider.

Zordon

Costume Account
I also think Rita may be a PR. There's a lot of flash and confidence there but I'm not sure. I agree on Billy though.

Be careful not to call me HER. LOL usually I'm such a shit about it.

Alpha 5

Costume Account
I am not getting strong power-role vibes from Rita yet, but I usually am not good at judging this.

Jason

Costume Account
I'm going to ignore bulk's last post about me unless he deliberately posts more about it. Best way to avoid more votes is to not talk about your first one...

Jason

Costume Account
yeah, though from Bulk's posting about "last game" I'm pretty sure he was in Monopoly Mafia.

Zordon

Costume Account
Sawneeks, melon, are WE allowed to speculate on identity? I don’t wanna get yelled at. We are the good kids.

:laughing:

Zordon

Costume Account
How you doing, Alpha? I mean, from where I sit you're doing fine. But I thought I'd check in and see if you need anything. I was super nervous my first scum game and needed some reassurance early on.

Skull

Costume Account
Phew. People putting in some work. Couldn’t keep up at work.

Unsure about PRs right now, and I don’t think we should theorize much about that today. Definitely not taking a shot with my power today.

I want to know if we can post about identities as well. Posted about Billy but without thinking much.

I’ll be posting more right now. Getting into that lurker range where Jason should stay alone lol

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
Sawneeks, melon, are WE allowed to speculate on identity? I don’t wanna get yelled at. We are the good kids.

:laughing:
It isn't banned, just discouraged. We don't want it derailing the game but you are free to guess here.

And I'll be yelling at ya'll regardless.

Zordon

Costume Account
of course we are the good kids.

Kimberly is Gotham, I think, and Brazil is Pink (possibly Black, but I think Black is someone else).
i think Goldar is LP and White Ranger is cornbro.
I'd swear Zack is Stan but I think Stan is Sir Not Appearing in this Film?? maybe? But someone must be pretending to be Stan with the "eat me" shit XD
I thought I had Vere and Fran but now I'm not sure. It doesn't matter (except where we might be able to push some folks' buttons). I'm finding it personally fun to try to figure some folks out - it's a good way to play detective/town as a cover and keep me a townie headspace.

BUT THE MORE IMPORTANT STUFF: I'm gonna make a reads list for tomorrow and from that I will make a list of people I think we can probably get lynched.

Skull

Costume Account
Thought Brazil was Pink as well. One post she made threw me off though, but it’s my best bet yet.
Unsure on Zack lol, and zero contact with cornbro.

I think we should all post more around here and discuss who to push for later.

Right now I’ll be a bit mean towards Jason. And give some Yellow some credit.

Alpha 5

Costume Account
How you doing, Alpha? I mean, from where I sit you're doing fine. But I thought I'd check in and see if you need anything. I was super nervous my first scum game and needed some reassurance early on.
I am having a little trouble adjusting. I am mostly just trying to play like I would as town, but I find myself unsure how to interact with the rest of you. I don't want to draw aggro towards you, but it would be conspicuous if I didn't give any reads at all.

Also, it takes playing scum to truly understand town's propensity to tear itself apart for the most inexplicable reasons.

Zordon

Costume Account
RIGHT???? They just go after the shiny/loud thing. I'm guilty of it too. We all are. But being scum is really eye opening for that.

Don't be afraid to shade one of us, but take some of the ridiculous conflicts going on and follow up on them. Look for inconsistencies. I just finished a scum game at Mafia Universe and one thing I really hammered was motivation - if I could construct a controlling motivation for someone, I'd push them as scum.

But I'm not a scum expert AT ALL so all I can really say is follow your instincts and yes, just try to play town. look for weakness! And if we need to bus, we can. I mean, look at how feps just undermined my great town play and stole my win from me in the mini. DAMN YOU, FEPS. DAMN YOU. He bussed early and often and no one looked twice at him late game at all.

Skull

Costume Account
Yup. Don’t be afraid of bussing. If we manage to kill every night, the number of mislynches we need to win won’t change.

That means that if you can get in town’s good side, then it’s worth it.

Skull

Costume Account
Can you explain more on that motivation bit? You mean create a narrative in which others see a specific player as scum due to a overall motive?

Zordon

Costume Account
So to prep for the champ game, I've been reading tons of guides and strategy things, just to see what other people say, and the motivation thing came up a few times. Good for town or scum play. Basically don't just look at the surface of what people are doing, consider WHY they are doing it. Or why they COULD be doing it. For example --

• Your post about Goldar's aggression? Good example. What's the motivation behind Goldar's aggression? (also he will probably get lynched early so defending him is ace for when he flips town)
  • If someone is only focusing on a couple of people, it's not hard I think to set up a narrative that they're scum and don't have real reads.
  • Or in the mini that just finished, it was easy to see that Stan, Natiko, me, and obviously Brazil were town, because we didn't care as much who got lynched outside of our group. We were town not because we were scum hunting, but because of the way we were scum hunting - it was everyone else who was a question mark. Our motivations were very townie; it was clear to me that we were just removing unknowns (just did it in the wrong order, sigh).
  • Rita is trying to sow chaos and hilarity - obviously we know she's townie but we can get behind her if we want and say that it might not end up effective at scum hunting but there's no shady motivation behind it; Rita is "pure" in that she's just having fun but also isn't shy about interacting with people or being read incorrectly. She has no agenda other than having a good time. So she's clearly town.
  • White Ranger talking about links, though - who worries that much about links on day one? Sure looks like a scum trying to set up a chain of mislynches. What motivation would a town player have to cement so many links on day one? Sounds like an agenda...
  • This is also why so many people ding me for being "wishy washy" (agenda/motivation here is to leave openings) but it's just really hard for me to say things for certain when I'm not. :(

I'm tired so I don't know if that was clear at all. But speculating on other people's motivations for actions is a great way to look townie, I found, in my MU game. And it's something you can legitimately do (sort of) so it's not lying. You really don't know what their own approach is so you're now playing detective like everyone else. And it allows you to manufacture legit reads.

Jason

Costume Account
Thought Brazil was Pink as well. One post she made threw me off though, but it’s my best bet yet.
Unsure on Zack lol, and zero contact with cornbro.

I think we should all post more around here and discuss who to push for later.

Right now I’ll be a bit mean towards Jason. And give some Yellow some credit.
Yeah I deserve it ;)

Skull

Costume Account
It made perfect sense, thanks for writing that up Zord.

Trying to understand what lead a player to act or post in a specific way can lead into more complex reads. Speculation like that is fairly safe and harmless for scum.

Jason

Costume Account
I'm just trying to shit post my way through day 1 and Skull is busting my chops! Like I said, I deserve it.

Who are we going to let fight this day?

Zordon

Costume Account
I'm just trying to shit post my way through day 1 and Skull is busting my chops! Like I said, I deserve it.

Who are we going to let fight this day?
I don't know! Things got quiet. White Ranger and Blue Ranger might dig their own graves.

Zordon

Costume Account
Bulk is seriously fixated on something that does not matter at all. If I were for-real town, I don't think I'd give one shit about that; wonder why it's got them all twisted up?

Skull

Costume Account
Just post some more. Town is looking for an easy target right now. The fact that Tommy is being considered shows that.

Zordon

Costume Account
Well shit. It’s a real train now and I think it will shift by eod but we need to decide if we risk putting anyone on it.

Jason

Costume Account
train on Tommy? I just said I trust him and largely town read him. I don't think I can.

Yeah Bulk's play is weird, if it continues into day 2 I'm going to really get on Bulk about the tunnel.

Jason

Costume Account
I blame bulk. Day 1 is all about keeping peoples name and shady linked together, you forget about people and they skate by.

its 3 vs 3. I'll vote billy begrudgingly

Jason

Costume Account
also If I suddenly disappear bus the shit out of me. It means I got laid off (lay offs at my job today) and likely won't have time to play anyway because job hunting and stuff.

Skull

Costume Account
God damnit Zip.

Good luck man, really hope I don’t need to bus you, especially if it comes with a lay off.

Sawneeks

little green dog
also If I suddenly disappear bus the shit out of me. It means I got laid off (lay offs at my job today) and likely won't have time to play anyway because job hunting and stuff.
Good luck! Hope you don't get laid off. :<

Jason

Costume Account
well it should be all done by CoB today, so next day phase I'll be more head on. Just trying to stay afloat today.

Alpha 5

Costume Account
It might help to be honest in the main thread that major real life concerns have impacted your ability to follow the thread closely. It is a legitimate explanation that might assuage people's doubts.

Jason

Costume Account
Alright I really am going to be off the rest of the day. Good luck we are all counting on you!

Zordon

Costume Account
I’m out too. We have five events today with family and there’s on way I can keep up. GOOD LUCK, TEAM

IT’S LYNCHIN TIME

Skull

Costume Account
Oh my geeerd. It could be great if JASON escapes the lynch like this. We could push for those that left the vote at the end when/if he flips later.

Gureito.

Alpha 5

Costume Account
If the vote ties, that's good for us, right?

I strongly advise against intentionally trying to tie it, but we don't really need to resolve the tie either, right?

Alpha 5

Costume Account
We had a close call, but I think Day 1 is going to be a success.

I had to vote for Goldar at the end, since I was afraid that sticking too much to Finster would look bad.

Jason

Costume Account
So who am I strong killing?

I’m voting for not Rita but only cause of the jokes...

In seriousness I think any of the rangers (outside white) look good.

I wasn’t laid off a lot of people I know were though. And I didn’t get the “all clear” so there might be a few more tomorrow. I imagine if I was to be laid off it would have been today though

Alpha 5

Costume Account
I'm glad you still have your job, I hope it stays yours.

I'm also okay with lynching a ranger.

On the other hand, my baseless paranoia tells me that Finster is a cop who is going to investigate me tonight.

Zordon

Costume Account
Make up a neutral role!

I wonder if Trini was hinting at a doctor role - I did something similar when there were rumblings about lynching me in the mini since I was the doctor. But she could have easily been an ordinary. AlphaSky, is it just straight Jailer or Jailer with chat? And are you x shot or unlimited?

Skull

Costume Account
That was a good day end for us. I think. Maybe?

Glad you’re still alive and employed! It must suck hard to lose friends like that though.

We saw a lot of vote movement which doesn’t actually point to us. Jason had a lot at a moment there, but not that traceable. I think I’ll allude to it and then slowly back off as/if Jason posts more in D2.

Top Bottom