Game Thread Marvel Heroes Mafia - Half of You Will Enjoy This

Re: Event 4
First of all, we have Event 1, 3 and 4. The second was the thunderdome, am I right? Or am I missing something?

Well, I like the death note principle and it was interesting how players reacted.

@heymonkey -> @Brazil -> terraforce -> @Stuart444 -> @Sawneeks -> @DCPAT -> @faircure -> @Geno -> @Kawl

If someone with time could check the reasonings with reads in the game thread that would be appreciated. Inconsisty here could show us something. I doubt very much that Apollo was the only scum in here.

Kawl gave a good self-sacrifice performance, I still wouldn't put it past scum!Kawl. BUT, as I said before, given how the votes ramped up before this happening, I doubt he is scum.
(uh, interesting piece of info I stumbled upon - Splinter scumread Kawl from the get go (#1314) make of that what you will)

Also @Geno is now very likely to be town. Apollo wasn't on the radar before. (Caveat: if Kawl turns out to be scum, than we have to look here again!) Hey buddy, please be more cooperative, some anti-town behaviour got you scumread, but I'm willing to trust you now, so let's find the scum.

Faircure's claim call looks like a towntell to me, even though I don't understand why she'd neglect Kawl there?

I'm iffy about monkey's choice (brazil), don't know if that's backed up anywhere.

Revealing the leader choices could also be helpful (some are already revealed in the event thread)

The amount of roles we've seen also means town has plenty of tools to prevent kills if we're lucky, and we've killed quite a few scum members so far.

True enough I suppose, we've had plenty of luck already considering the amount of scum dead already.

9faErYj.png

Re: ITA phases

Noteable is Kyan targetting Saw. Scum were afraid, might be another reasons why he was killed.
Swamped is a non-entity this game, she didn't give any reasons for her choice. Swamped should be watched at.
Melon didn't shoot Splinter, that's odd.
Zeke hits Splinter. Town points.

We have the confirmed bussing attempt from Apollo on Verelios. Scum have deemed Verelios as lost. It's very likely that more scum tried to shoot Verelios.

Gives us Extreme Tactician with the Vere kill. Zero town points, possible bus. @LuxCommander ends the phase with a miss on Include. No reasons given, Lux earns some scummy points, he still has to explain himself!

With the scum ITA booster we definitely have to look at the hits, but did scum expect a low hit ratio and refrained from boosting their own? It's an extra kill, they already lost Grizzly, I think it's more likely they boosted themselves, 15% of 40 -> 6. They could expect about that much hits. They could not expect to find so many of the succesful shooters already dead.

Mazre, Terra are out. Zeke hit. ExtremeTactician hit.
Both hits on scum, but Zeke was almost alone in focussing on the TD, while Vere was confirmed bussing material. I'm willing to go after Extreme Tactician (I also have no other memory of him, sorry this is a huge game)

Re: roles
I'm slowly losing the energy this sunday, but let's have a look at the roles so far.

Uh, Hecht was also ITA Booster. Skim his posts:
He was suspicious of Alexem #1557, and Natiko #1215, and Xbro #1073
Melon is iffy about hecht's percentage talk, could be related to cause of death #1350
Apart from Stuart there is no talk of townreading anyone. I don't know who Hecht would've chosen N1 (maybe Terra?). Somehow I doubt he'd randomly choose Extreme Tactician? Can someone weigh in here?

Faddy's gun could be the explanation for Rynam's death. No one claimed receiving or shooting.

No one claimed receiving Crimson's item N1?

Which roleclaims do we have so far?
Faircure vanilla. Zipped role cop. More?

Re: Reads

Townie
EzekelRAGE
Zippedpinhead
Geno
Kawl
Include
maybe faircure

Pending
melonrabbit
Natiko
Sawneeks

Scummie
ExtremeTactician
heymonkey
Swamped
LuxCommander

Include feels genuine, active reading and hunting. Melon has some questions to answer. I don't know if I'll ever come around on Natiko. Something in Saw's read list bothers me, I'll explain when I'm not sleepy.

ET for ITA hit, Vere Kill is NAI, but I'll give him a reread. Monkey is gut feel, because I've seen her shine as town and sth. is missing this game. Swamped is lurking scum. Lux for that Include attempt without explanation.

I fear the amount of coasters, obligatory L_P note D2: 4 posts, 1 joke, 3 questions about what's going on. ITA on coasters? Where is oreomunsta? briefs_cat? Nomad Sparkster is a good target as well.
And not to forget all the people just barely posting enough to not be completely inactive.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
]ust observations over the night phase.
@Extreme Tactician what did you mean in this post?
And so it begins!
My phone battery is dying so I'll be gone for a while.
But I don't think Kawl is Mafia. And I don't think anybody I've interacted with is Mafia.

You never gave a response and a couple ppl did find that wording odd

Also, I don't think we should give Extreme too much town credit with the kill on Vere and let him slide. At that point Vere was already the favorite to be lynched.

Apollo also attempted to shoot Vere in the ITA.

Terraforce felt uneasy about ET as well here.
This Zeke v. Nat situation feels like town on town so I want to ignore it, but I know I'm going to have to do a reread anyway to see what the hell is actually going on.
Anyway, REALLY want to hop on Extreme Tactician for reasons I said before, but it'll only do so much if I go it alone. So I'll join the train on Mr. Runner-up.
[ighlight]VOTE: Ynnek[/highlight]
Anyone else want to put the heat on E.T., just hit ya boy up.

Terra seemed to be on Ynn's case as well.

@Ynnek7 what did you mean here?
I will say that I had something happen to me during the last night phase, but since it's pretty NAI I didn't think it was that important or useful to bring up.
You never clarified it?

@Sawneeks You made the statement that I disappeared when I voted for kawl, which was a lie and you tried to paint me in the light of scum. I never got a response from you about this post here.
Post in response saying I vanished after kawl vote, which i didnt

on Ynn. I like saws reason n post 2119.
================
Melon is Scum Gladiator post is here.
Reasoning on Melon is scum
Her only defense was just having fun. She a few posts on Day 1 where she goes out of her way to mention she had nothing to do with the TD though.

Thats it so far for yesterday.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'm iffy about monkey's choice (brazil), don't know if that's backed up anywhere.
I chose Brazil as leader, same as I passed to him. Since he was a new arrival in the thread, I wanted to see where he'd go. I re-read the event last night and do not much like his behavior but it was clear ALL of us were wrong because everyone seemed surprised about Apollo.

But I also think at least one person was faking surprise. There was just too much of it. Gut feeling.

Also bless your color-coded spreadsheet. /heart eyes

and that's the end of walls of text. It's 1 am, I've set an alarm just for this, I will go back to bed soon.

Salva is dead? ONLY Salva? Huge suspicions arise, but let's see what others have to say

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
@Alexem, you raise some good points. Town has be woefully unsuccessful in our hit rate. Zeke and
Extreme Tactician's shots are worth looking more closely at. Zeke shooting Splinter came out of nowhere. I admit I haven't kept up with with Extreme Tactician, did they express any interest in going after Verelios prior to the shot?

Kawl gave a good self-sacrifice performance, I still wouldn't put it past scum!Kawl. BUT, as I said before, given how the votes ramped up before this happening, I doubt he is scum.
(uh, interesting piece of info I stumbled upon - Splinter scumread Kawl from the get go (#1314) make of that what you will)

I still think Kawl played everyone.

Include feels genuine, active reading and hunting.

I'm an outlier here obviously and part of it may come from the way she went at me in D1 which looking back at still doesn't feel right to me similar to the way Grizzly went at me in D1 but I am suspicious of her.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Monkey is gut feel, because I've seen her shine as town and sth. is missing this game.
tbh, I'm fucking exhausted. I just finished the MU champs game and I have two book chapters due today. After today (like literally today, not this phase), I will be able to do more. I almost replaced out before game start. Take that for what you will. There's been so much bussing this game I can't even claim town cred from nailing some scum. Assholes.

I agree with you on Swamped and obviously Lux. I am really not sure how to feel about Sawneeks, which is par for the course. I want to lean town on her but I've been burned there before when I feel like she's town so I'm with you on "pending."

Anyway. I should not be here; back after midnight or so.

I still think Kawl played everyone.

I'm an outlier here obviously and part of it may come from the way she went at me in D1 which looking back at still doesn't feel right to me similar to the way Grizzly went at me in D1 but I am suspicious of her.
Can you elaborate on both? What do you mean with played everyone? He's scum in your opinion?

Can you give a short recap of her case against you and why you think it was suspicious?

So who did Apollo target in N1?
You completely neglect the possibility, that scum could've chosen to withhold/nerf someone to 0%. While unlikely, it's still possible.

Also Hecht was booster to 100%, which is also a factor when thinking about this.

Extreme Tactician deserves a hard look, but we should factor in everything and reread his posts as well.

You never gave a response and a couple ppl did find that wording odd
Only one person really found that odd. And what I was saying was that I didn't scumread anyone during that period of time.

Anyway, I get that you're all suspicious of me for killing someone that we were planning to lynch. But I wasn't even planning to shoot Vere in the first place. The only reason I did was because he was the current suspect, and that I missed the first phase. I was planning to shoot ryanm beforehand. I even said that we should use our ITAs as soon as possible. So why are you suspicious of me? I was only lucky enough to get the hit.

tbh, I'm fucking exhausted
Mhm, this is pretty understandable. Can you point me to where you nailed scum this game please?

If you feel strange about Saw, what do you think of her big readlist? Did something come to your mind when reading?

Can you elaborate on both? What do you mean with played everyone? He's scum in your opinion?

Can you give a short recap of her case against you and why you think it was suspicious?

I'm tired so I'll be heading soon but I'll try and be coherent:

with Kawl, his self sacrifice was an easy way to get town points based on the way he's played up until now. Saying he'd be more of a hindrance etc. It's basically reverse psychology to me. Combined that with the way he's played up until now and I just think he's played everyone. He is scum or Neutral and I'm leaning heavily towards Scum

Also I found it funny that Stuart was the one who first mentioned it and yet seems to free surf it as if nothing happened.

Stuart, do you seriously believe that scums aren't gonna take advantage of the no lynch? Like seriously?

Vote: Stuart444

Stuart is prone to make gambit as scum and methinks he may just have done one here too, I also don't like how defensive he got after I probe voted him to be honest.

Exactly! And he would have slipped through it just fine if I didn't probe vote him which got him needlessly defensive and from isoing him just now I didn't like that he added the newbie card with this one being his third game, I am sorry Stuart but it's my 3rd as well and let me tell you that from my very first game I knew how much votes can help find scums, so no this being your 3rd game sounds like a cheap excuse to use when everything else failed.

Overall, Stuart triggered a lot of my red flags and unless through my catching up someone trigger me more than him, I will keep my vote for now.

All of this is from D1.

A lot of this feels off to me with the fact that Grizzly had gone at me early on, I wouldn't put it past another scum to do so in order to have several people making cases against me if it was needed.

To add to this, once shown up during D2 and after catching up with the thread and reading and then commenting on stuff in D2, she never once brought me up or the issues she had with me in D1. Not one mention.

With how annoyed she seemed with me in D1 from the posts above, I would have expected something from her on D2 but nope, nothing.

I'm sure most people will disagree with me but it all feels off to me. I'm leaning scum slightly because of this feeling of offness honestly. Not enough to make a sufficient case yet but I'm putting it out there for now.

melonrabbit

Re: Thunderdome Talk

I'm curious about @melonrabbit.

Please explain the proceedings:
How did you happen to get your hands on a TD power?
Why did you choose Splinter?
Why did you agree to the no lynch so quickly?
What was your take-away?
And what do you think of it now after Splinter's flip?

Okay. Yes, I've had fun but I did fuck up TD.

1) My TD Power is my PR role.

2) Because I would never choose to not have some fun with Splinter and annoy him. I had very, very specific restrictions on the TD and had to use it or lose it D1. I also couldn't claim or hint at my role. Therefore, I (tried) used it as a test to feel out Splinter's (and maybe others) alignments as best I could.

3) ... And walked away feeling he was more than likely town, as I said at the time, and still thought into it was very likely up until his flip. His patterns were typical to his normal town which includes but is not limited to his switch to scum reading me for D2. We bicker and feud and generally develop kind of uneasy alliance. Or at least that's normally goes.

His behavior was so counter what I would have expected from a Scum!Splinter but perhaps he felt that was his only way out in the TD was for me to sympathize with and vouch for him to some extent, given our history. I sincerely town read him and felt no need to push for a mislynch.

4) Now? Meta is bullshit.

It wasn't my best play but it was probably one of Splinter's and I'm going to stop talking about it now before his growing ego collapses the Spec Thread.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Only one person really found that odd. And what I was saying was that I didn't scumread anyone during that period of time.

Anyway, I get that you're all suspicious of me for killing someone that we were planning to lynch. But I wasn't even planning to shoot Vere in the first place. The only reason I did was because he was the current suspect, and that I missed the first phase. I was planning to shoot ryanm beforehand. I even said that we should use our ITAs as soon as possible. So why are you suspicious of me? I was only lucky enough to get the hit.
Actually there were at least 2 ppl who found your post odd and wanted clarification on it.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
2)Therefore, I (tried) used it as a test to feel out Splinter's (and maybe others) alignments as best I could.
Can you provide examples of that during the TD? Because I went over the TD even a number of times and Only found you fluff posted a lot. And then pushed hard for a no lynch when Splinter really didnt have pressure on him.

with Kawl, his self sacrifice was an easy way to get town points based on the way he's played up until now. Saying he'd be more of a hindrance etc. It's basically reverse psychology to me. Combined that with the way he's played up until now and I just think he's played everyone. He is scum or Neutral and I'm leaning heavily towards Scum
Boi, don't make me doubt here again. I agree with you in so far that it's possible.

But.. I don't know. How likely is another scum in the running for D1 lynch? Why do people jump on him easily D2?

I'm not seeing something wrong with those Include posts, yet the missing continuation feels off. Two scum going after the same person? I'll look at this again later.

melonrabbit

Can you provide examples of that during the TD? Because I went over the TD even a number of times and Only found you fluff posted a lot. And then pushed hard for a no lynch when Splinter really didnt have pressure on him.

I am saying I used to the TD to help me group where my feelings were at with certain players but specifically Splinter. Like mentally. It was D1 and Fifty players so I was stressed.

But.. I don't know. How likely is another scum in the running for D1 lynch? Why do people jump on him easily D2?

I jumped onto him on D2 because of me asking if he was going to provide anything else aside from his D1 antics and he was like "nope" and then said people would have to be content with his low effort posting. That doesn't feel townie in the least but after the amount of scum losses, seeing a Kawl try something like I suggested makes me lean even more scum because scum probably don't want anymore losses for a bit.

Also the way people jumped onto Mazre feels weird. I admit, I would have if not for Kawl but the way a lot of people jumped to it very easily. The Zipped shot was an easy justification so it feels like it will be very hard to gain info from the votes for Mazre but they may still be worth looking at.

Although Nomad's Joining the Parade vote annoyed me but he's been quite off and I don't know how he usually plays so I can't say if it means much honestly.

Can someone recap Event 1 for me, espeic?

1) My TD Power is my PR role.
Are you sure? Have you not claimed this to be an item? Maybe I misremember. Didn't you say you had to choose it or it would go to waste? Can't find the post though.
very, very specific restrictions on the TD
Ah, okay you yourself confirm the above. But no item. Okay. Can you elaborate why there were these very, very specific restrictions? What was the payoff? There has to be a gain to be won by all of this!
I sincerely town read him and felt no need to push for a mislynch.
Woah, and all of this came after like 3 posts of him, were he townreads you and no lynches? Like that's some sudden shift. This isn't convincing me.

And you didn't really answer my last question. You outright dogded it. You claim it was to get a feel on people, yet you are unable to tell me anything besides the townread on Splinter.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
I am saying I used to the TD to help me group where my feelings were at with certain players but specifically Splinter. Like mentally. It was D1 and Fifty players so I was stressed.
Can you point to what posts helped you then?

This is like the only meaningful post from splinter

Although yay for being in an event, I guess

NO LYNCH
I'll obviously vote melon if I have to, but I'm not voting out one of my few townreads just because some rube shot their load early.

I would like to know who called for this dome and why they chose us

Then a town read on you.
Then confirms he is X23 for you

Then afterward you push hard for a no lynch.

Was that all it took for splinter to convince you to no lynch?

Actually there were at least 2 ppl who found your post odd and wanted clarification on it.
Really? I remember being quoted once, that's it.

Anyway, I agree with Stuart about people voting Mazre. There's something off about so many people suddenly voting for him, though because so many did, it's hard to get a solid reading on what happened.

Uhm basically. TD starts.
Oh, you misunderstood. I was talking about Event 1 - which shoud've been before the TD? That's also something I'm not 100% about, but Thunderdome should've been Event 2? Otherwise we're missing something here, if we look at the Galatic Arena.

[maybe @Sorian wants to clarify, if he can]

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
Oh, you misunderstood. I was talking about Event 1 - which shoud've been before the TD? That's also something I'm not 100% about, but Thunderdome should've been Event 2? Otherwise we're missing something here, if we look at the Galatic Arena.

Thunderdome was event 2.

melonrabbit

Can someone recap Event 1 for me, espeic?

Are you sure? Have you not claimed this to be an item? Maybe I misremember. Didn't you say you had to choose it or it would go to waste? Can't find the post though.

Ah, okay you yourself confirm the above. But no item. Okay. Can you elaborate why there were these very, very specific restrictions? What was the payoff? There has to be a gain to be won by all of this!

Woah, and all of this came after like 3 posts of him, were he townreads you and no lynches? Like that's some sudden shift. This isn't convincing me.

And you didn't really answer my last question. You outright dogded it. You claim it was to get a feel on people, yet you are unable to tell me anything besides the townread on Splinter.

It wasn't an item. I've only received two. One from the game and one last night.

Re: the restrictions: Just the detailing of my PM, so I'm not sure how you want me to elaborate why they were there.

I think you both are expecting lot from zero information day one--given the scope and size of the game. If you think you would've done better, you're probably right. I did what I could.

I did think he was town, yes. Believe it or not.

Well, I thought I had answered. Meta definitely poorly impacted my play. What is the "it" your are referring to? I guess I'm not understanding your wording.

@Muffin
I won't let you get away so easily, so please start contributing.

What's your current take at the game? Who's suspicious and who could be town? Name me at least two of each group please, with some reasons of course.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*

I think your right. I was so busy that day of the vere event, that the TD was event 1 for me.

melonrabbit

Can you point to what posts helped you then?

This is like the only meaningful post from splinter

Then a town read on you.
Then confirms he is X23 for you

Then afterward you push hard for a no lynch.

Was that all it took for splinter to convince you to no lynch?

Define pushing hard.

His attitude towards the TD very explained decide my feelings on the matter. As I've expressed already.

Melon you are purposely avoiding to answer.

Re: the restrictions: Just the detailing of my PM, so I'm not sure how you want me to elaborate why they were there.
If such a role has these specific restrictions, there is bound to be a reward. Tell me the other side of your role.

What did you gain?

What did these restrictions look like?

Your argumentation is illogical. You wanted to feel Splinter but the one post Zeke quoted above convinced you of this pure townieness. No way did this happen. You are hiding something.

I guess I'm not understanding your wording.
My question. You dogded my last question, twice. TD was to feel people. What kind of feels did you have on people after TD?

melonrabbit

Look, I will vote self-vote myself if you can satisfaction answer why I would I scum would choose a fellow scum to earn town points and not as member of town, why the Jack of all PRs to sacrifice, why Splinter when it creates this kind of confusion and doubt and thus negates town points, and why why why I would bother to clear anything up when I've been in no danger to be lynched and have a significant number of people town reading me--see, our shot/lynch/protect game(s). And am continuing to answer when most were satisfied with the conclusion that Sorian is just being sadistic (per usual) in his choice of "events" for his amusement.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Define pushing hard.

His attitude towards the TD very explained decide my feelings on the matter. As I've expressed already.
Pushing hard as in actively trying to get ppl to vote no lynch. You had 4-5 post trying to convince ppl to unvote their choice of you or splinter and vote no lynch.

@melonrabbit

Answer my questions please.

What did you gain from the TD? (What was your reward for executing it?)
What did your restrictions look like?

What reads came to your mind about other players after the TD?

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
I'm expecting more from you especially.
That seems pretty arbitrary.

@Muffin
I won't let you get away so easily, so please start contributing.

What's your current take at the game? Who's suspicious and who could be town? Name me at least two of each group please, with some reasons of course.
I'm not liking your insinuations, but I'll indulge you.

Probably Town:
Geno - Self-explanatory, he's been on many if not all scum lynches and not just bussing, but early on.
Melonrabbit - I don't see scum needlessly doing a thunderdome of two of their members. One might think they wanted to get some town cred for the surviving one, but how the whole thing was pushed towards no lynch, partly by melonrabbit himself, makes me rule out that possibility.

Suspicious People:
This is harder. The remaining people who had a successfull shot yesterday and could have been boosted by scum.

I'm not liking how LP is playing, but it's not unusual.

melonrabbit

Melon you are purposely avoiding to answer.

If such a role has these specific restrictions, there is bound to be a reward. Tell me the other side of your role.

What did you gain?

What did these restrictions look like?

Your argumentation is illogical. You wanted to feel Splinter but the one post Zeke quoted above convinced you of this pure townieness. No way did this happen. You are hiding something.

My question. You dogded my last question, twice. TD was to feel people. What kind of feels did you have on people after TD?

Gorlak, I'm not dodging your questions. Don't even go there. I am here, aren't I? Unlike a good portion of players who have barely posted or bothered to keep up the whole game. You can be annoyed by how I play but don't imply I'm not playing.

I've already told you the restrictions several times now and I'm not about to quote my PM to prove it further.

I gained nothing because I was wrong about everything.

For fuck's sake.

melonrabbit

The restrictions for the millionth time were what I could say about my role, which was nothing. Not hinting, breadcrumbs or gifs, I could say I was responsible for the TD even during. I had to use it D1 and between certain time requirements.

Pushing for more is getting dicey.

You can be annoyed by how I play but don't imply I'm not playing.
You are playing, but it feels like you are avoiding to tell me the truth. This is a difference.

This is nothing personal, if you are town I'm sorry this is getting on your nerves. Something just feels wrong here.

I've already told you the restrictions several times now and I'm not about to quote my PM to prove it further.
My bad:
I had very, very specific restrictions on the TD and had to use it or lose it D1. I also couldn't claim or hint at my role.
Are these the complete restrictions? Use D1, Not claim/hint?

What would happen if you don't use it?

I gained nothing because I was wrong about everything.
To be clear - if you choose someone - anyone - and win the thunderdome against that person, NOTHING happens? You do not get a power, an extra nk, just plain nothing?

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Gifs are all you have now, huh.
I mean....if this TD is the topic of discussion i can just quote myself on the arguments I've made against you.

I've already answered you on this point more than once. Would you answer one of mine?
Actually when I called you out on it, you just said "That's not claiming"
I dont beleive you ever answered why you denied causing it. If you did, my bad and can you please get the quote?

What are you questions?

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
@melonrabbit on the gifs.
what do you want me to do? I tried heavily to discuss this with you last day phase.

One of your answers was literally "Yep all that happened" and one of your other response was I was just having fun/being playful.

@Zippedpinhead
I'd value your opinion on the matter. Especially in regards to mechanics. Would a gladiator with these restrictions have a pay-off? What do you think of melon and her reactions today?

melonrabbit

I was asking if she turned vanilla afterwards or would be mod killed or get any other punishment. I know she posted use it or lose it, but it sounds like there is more to it.

I just lose the ability. There wasn't a punishment outside of the possibility of losing that.

This was me yesterday
3f46dad1b3b55afec1620fd52e26f23f.png

You're utterly obsessed with the TD and while I admire your dedication. I feel the one true path to beating the scum team does not lie through your love of the thunderdome discussion.

Do you plan on looking at anything else today or is the majority of your posts going to be about the TD/No Lynch stuff like it was on D2.

melonrabbit

@melonrabbit on the gifs.
what do you want me to do? I tried heavily to discuss this with you last day phase.

One of your answers was literally "Yep all that happened" and one of your other response was I was just having fun/being playful.

I asked you to explain some holes in your theory yesterday you didn't answer and again today.

melonrabbit

Okay melon, the very last question I have on the matter:
This is your statement, yes?

The Thunderdome event is exactly as the rules explained it. It is a normal Thunderdome. I just had the ability to trigger it. That's my PR role.

Stu, I might have asked before, but what do you think of Zeke?

I think his obsession with the TD is both admirable (due to how convinced he is of scum in there) and insane.

That said, I have trouble seeing him as Scum despite this due to his amazing hit against Splinter which was a powerful role and with even a 15% chance, I doubt scum would have risked hitting him. That said, I won't rule out the possibility of it being a poor judged shot from Zeke to Splinter but at this point, I have trouble seeing him as scum.

The Thunderdome event is exactly as the rules explained it. It is a normal Thunderdome. I just had the ability to trigger it. That's my PR role.
Thanks for staying with me melon. I think this was important.

It's nearly 3 am and I'm going to sleep over it, see you all later.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
You're utterly obsessed with the TD and while I admire your dedication. I feel the one true path to beating the scum team does not lie through your love of the thunderdome discussion.

Do you plan on looking at anything else today or is the majority of your posts going to be about the TD/No Lynch stuff like it was on D2.
What else is there to look at for today? I didnt even start this discussion.

It's not even the Melon thing. It seems ppl dont even want to look at the no lynch voters on the TD event. Which more than likely had a good number of scum in it. Gorlak confirmed all votes on melon were Town. Apollo pushed a no lynch. Spliint went for no lynch.

I asked you to explain some holes in your theory yesterday you didn't answer and again today.
The only whole that was posted on my theory was "that would be a bad gambit by scum"

Ah,
points of interests worth looking at:

Did Salva leave a breadcrumb?
What's between Stan and melon with the item from Event 3? (since melon already mentioned it, there doesn't seem to be a benefit to withhold that info any longer?)
Event 4 could be useful with all the choices and how it ended.
Why did Swamped shoot Alexem?
Why did LuxCommander shoot Include?

Good night

Okay, going from here, who could you see as scum at the moment? Ah, since you seem active and providing, can you put out a small read list? Top town & scum?

I'm tired so I won't go into much details but.

Town:

Melon: I've felt like she was Town since the TD event, more so after Splinter's flip (again due to how powerful that role was) and her posts here reads to me as frustrated Townie. She has given plenty of answers but because they aren't acceptable answers, she keeps getting asked. (that's how I've seen this whole thing go since D2)

Gorlak: This is just very recent because of your posts here, you seem to be putting in a LOT more work than previously and it's making me town read you.

Lean Town:

heymonkey: None of her posts have given me scum vibes honestly so I'm leaning Town on her

Geno: Just due to yesterday's event, getting rid of Apollo like that. Apollo wasn't a huge suspect either. Town points so leaning town.

Lean Scum:

Include: See my recent posts as to why. I just feel very off on her because of that.
DCPat: Some of his posts yesterday, plus how quiet he has been and his post about not being surprised about Vere despite no real interaction or comment from him at all.

Scum:

Kawl: Explained this before but basically D1 + D2 behavior before the event and then the way he was during the event. It feels like he played town majorly.

Anyone I've not mentioned is either null-ish or I've forgotten about them because this is a big game and there is a hell of a lot of people being quiet as fuck.

Ynnek7

OH MY GOD, THEY LYNCHED YNNEK
So, I said I that something happened to me during Night 1. The same thing happened to me Night 2, and as much as I hate to admit it, I really don't know what to make of it.

Gonna do a partial role claim here. I am a Heartthrob. I don't get to do anything during the Night, but somewhere out there I have a secret admirer who can send me information every night. I don't know anything about this person, so they could either be town sending me the truth, town sending me their opinion, or scum sending me lies. I've paraphrased their messages here:

N1 - The person you're looking at is Town
N2 - The person you're looking at is not Town.

I've gone through all of my posts from the game so far and put my noticeable interactions with people below. Sorry about not directly quoting anything here, but it should be easy to search for these interactions. I know it might seem like I'm roleclaiming too early, but if the person who's sending me messages is Town, we may have something close to a red check on someone.

People I Interacted with Day 1
-CoolestSpot - Opening Post
TOWN-CrimsonFist - I noticed that he mentioned the Galactic Arena, which I was not yet aware of.
-Stuart444 - Talked about GA
-Faircure - Talked about GA
-Gorlak - Talked about GA
-Melonrabbit - In reference to the TD
SCUM-Splinter - In reference to the TD
-BladeSymphony - Did not agree with his assumption that one of them had to be scum.
-Zubz - I noted that a tie would result in a No Lynch in the TD
SCUM-Verelios - Commented on my belief that if one of them had to be scum, that would mean if town died, we'd just have to lynch the other to break even.
-Poltergust - I pointed out that he was mainly just posting about vote formatting than anything else.
SCUM-Grizzly - I vote for him close to day end.
SCUM-Rynam - I mention that he might end up being town or neutral due to his play during the event.
-Kawl - I mention that I don't know where I stand on him.

Night 1 I receive a message stating that someone I focused on is town. I really don't know who I looked at here that ended up town. Grizzly was scum. Rynam ended up being scum the next day. And the other person that was high on the vote list when I made my vote was Vere, another scum.

People I interracted with Day 2
-Sawneeks - Calls me out on a scummy vote for Grizzly, wonders why I wouldn't vote for Kawl.
-Oreomunsta - We discuss the possibility that multiple scum could do night kills at once.
SCUM-Verelios - Same
-Heymonkey - Says I should try to engage more instead of focusing on mechanics and speculation.
-Extreme Tactician - I tell him that they should still post, even if what they want to say has already been said. Also confusion with his fluff post.
-Stuart - Because of him I notice something from Mazre
TOWN-Mazre -I agree with him that people might want to not openly discuss future ITA targets, to prevent powers meddling with the results.

Special question from heymonkey-
Who to shoot? Rynam/Scum or CoolestSpot
Who to bulletproof? Melon or Splinter/Scum​

Geno - I point out that the roleblock was more a status ailment, on not something that could have been reflected.
Include - Wished her well while taking time away from the game. (Thought about leaving this out, but kept it since I'm not sure whoever I'm getting these messages from would ignore it.)
Natiko - Points out that I was calling the role cop a role blocker.

Night 2 I receive a message stating that someone I focused on was not town.

Once again, apologies for the wall of text, but I kind of need more eyes on this since I'm a bit lost with what to do with it.

Also, I'm sorry Mazre. I guess the high of our "perfect" game had to end sometime. I guess we'll need to reevaluate how Apollo used his ability.

and now with all of that out of the way, I need to get to sleep with my one true love. If the thread hasn't moved insanely and I get asked anything, I'll try and answer. If it has and I still got asked stuff, I'll try and respond but it may take longer due to catching up lol.

nn all.

Re: Event 4
First of all, we have Event 1, 3 and 4. The second was the thunderdome, am I right? Or am I missing something?

Well, I like the death note principle and it was interesting how players reacted.

@heymonkey -> @Brazil -> terraforce -> @Stuart444 -> @Sawneeks -> @DCPAT -> @faircure -> @Geno -> @Kawl

If someone with time could check the reasonings with reads in the game thread that would be appreciated. Inconsisty here could show us something. I doubt very much that Apollo was the only scum in here.

Also @Geno is now very likely to be town. Apollo wasn't on the radar before. (Caveat: if Kawl turns out to be scum, than we have to look here again!) Hey buddy, please be more cooperative, some anti-town behaviour got you scumread, but I'm willing to trust you now, so let's find the scum.

Faircure's claim call looks like a towntell to me, even though I don't understand why she'd neglect Kawl there?

Revealing the leader choices could also be helpful (some are already revealed in the event thread)
I chose faircure as the leader. I originally thought of choosing Saw, but I didn't know if I'd be at a disadvantage if people knew who I'd picked, so I went for the choice that wasn't 100% obvious.

You completely neglect the possibility, that scum could've chosen to withhold/nerf someone to 0%. While unlikely, it's still possible.

Also Hecht was booster to 100%, which is also a factor when thinking about this.

Extreme Tactician deserves a hard look, but we should factor in everything and reread his posts as well.
I don't know. Giving someone 0% chance on ITAs seems like such a shot in the dark with this many players. Considering the amount of townie kills they made on D1, it seems like it'd just be easier to outright kill someone they'd want silenced.

With the 100% boost, they have room to maneuver. The 0% nerf, on the other hand, could end up wasted on someone who didn't even show up during the ITA phases.

I think they definitely used the 100% boost. Maybe they didn't take the shot in the end, but I definitely think a scum was boosted.

Gonna do a partial role claim here. I am a Heartthrob. I don't get to do anything during the Night, but somewhere out there I have a secret admirer who can send me information every night. I don't know anything about this person, so they could either be town sending me the truth, town sending me their opinion, or scum sending me lies. I've paraphrased their messages here:

N1 - The person you're looking at is Town
N2 - The person you're looking at is not Town.

Btw I love you Ynnek.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
So, i may have slept through day end.....again.

heres a few thing from yesterday.

Please don't try to spin this as he is screen shoting = scum trying to finagle the posts. I will just link to the posts from now on, its here #2876. I didn't even ask you to comment on Scum TD, because it would just be us going in circles. I just wanted your opinion on if you find it odd that Melon didnt take the shot on splinter? (Stuart you explained why you didnt try).

And the game logic argument. This isnt a normal game. Also it's a Sorian game. Last Sorian game I played had a Neutral Serial Killer Ascetic Cop (I may be missing some words lol). So I wouldnt shutdown anything based solely off game logic.

Firstly, i didnt try to spin this in a "screen shoting = scum", im taking it in an "its annoying, inconvenient, and when you cut out information it becomes very difficult to trust you" direction.
And for the "game logic" part i should have explained better, i didnt mean game mechanics, like roles and balancing and all that shit (i dont even bother with that kind of thing in regular games) but by a general "would scum do this?" kinda thing, whereas by player behavior i meant more specifically "would melon/splinter do this"

Anyway to actually answer your question i do find it a little odd. but dont really have much to read from it.

From my catching up:

I never would have thought I would agree with Stan. Ever. Wow.

LMAO, Stan.

By the by, from my 2 other games that I played with you but this is the first time I am leaning town on you, a shy 55% but still town regardless. Congratulations for making it.
Considering you were wrong about me in those two games i think this is more your improvement than mine, so congrats to yourself, especially since i think im performing much worse this time round.

You basically just posted “hey, scum, kill me,” so that’s fun.

Why the fuck are we demanding day 2 claims anyway? Are y’all high? I missed who thought that was a good thing to do.

(This is quoting monkey but its really point for everyone)

I dont think that thinking in the usual Day 1, Day 2, terms is really going to work in this game.
Like you said this when we had had like 10 deaths and 3 scum flips, expecting scum, or really anyone, to still act like its only a regular day 2 is never going to work.

Also the way people jumped onto Mazre feels weird. I admit, I would have if not for Kawl but the way a lot of people jumped to it very easily. The Zipped shot was an easy justification so it feels like it will be very hard to gain info from the votes for Mazre but they may still be worth looking at.
Was it weird, or was it easy? It's one or the other.

We know in hindsight that it was a wrong choice, but the reasoning for it was perfectly sound. So much so that, yes, it made it easy for scum to potentially fit get in that mislynch without much consequence. But you've made over half a dozen comments about being weirded out by that vote whilst admitting that you would've voted there as well. There's a strange dissonance in the way you've been reacting to that whole thing since before it even came into fruition.

Top Bottom