Spectator Thread Chain of Sleep Dream Drop Re:Coded Over Two Days Union Fragmentary Deep Dive Point Final Mix HD

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Muffin is cracking. Brazil is flailing. Come on Town. Just see what Stu sees and vote for Brazil and then oust Muffin tomorrow.

And yes I agree, this has been a very fun day lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Muffin could trigger the bomb right fucking now if Zeke doesn't vote Brazil to defuse him.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
God, Zeke, this is literally your moment. You've hammered everyone else on every other day. And now you have the chance to hammer THE ACUAL FUCKING BOMBER and you're like "Nope!"

Fanto

Confirmed Town
RIP Coolest. He had to hop on top of a fucking bomb to do the right thing.

Zeke is going to hate himself.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Well at least this basically confirms the Town victory now. Muffin's not going to talk himself out of tomorrow lol.

I'm happy the day starts tomorrow and not the day after.

I wonder if they will turbo? Zeke is confirmed now so it's down to Gry and Nat to convince Zeke of Muffin over Nat.

Shouldn't be too difficult I hope

(I'm assuming Stu will die as he is the cause of scums current predicament)

urgh, messed that up.

it'd be 3-1 after the NK

Town should win. it's officially mylo

it will be natiko, gryvan and zeke vs muffin; with zeke being confirmed by the brazil flip

the question will be if zeke will still insist on natiko being the 2nd scum even though he said muffin was 100% scum

it will be natiko, gryvan and zeke vs muffin; with zeke being confirmed by the brazil flip

the question will be if zeke will still insist on natiko being the 2nd scum

Since he was so convinced on Muffin being scum, I'm hoping. If not, it will be a tie and someone else will die at night making it 2-1 the next day. I think? (I'm trusting Gry to believe in Stu)

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, I assume Stu is dead tonight as well.

I think they'll just hammer Muffin. Zeke already wanted to kill Muffin today. If I were him, I would probably feel really bad about Brazil being the bomb and just trust in Stuart's world and vote for Muffin. I doubt Nat or Gry will disagree.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
WTF is Zeke doing? He hammers every vote apart from the one that matters. LOL.

Yeah, I assume Stu is dead tonight as well.

I think they'll just hammer Muffin. Zeke already wanted to kill Muffin today. If I were him, I would probably feel really bad about Brazil being the bomb and just trust in Stuart's world and vote for Muffin. I doubt Nat or Gry will disagree.

Nat wanted Zeke so with Brazil being the bomb, Nat won't go after Zeke. I mean I'd be shocked if he did.

Though I'm sure Zeke isn't looking forward to day start.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
WTF is Zeke doing? He hammers every vote apart from the one that matters. LOL.
Seriously lol I don't even have words for it.
Nat wanted Zeke so with Brazil being the bomb, Nat won't go after Zeke. I mean I'd be shocked if he did.

Though I'm sure Zeke isn't looking forward to day start.
Yeah, Nat will be on board for Muffin I think.

Really my hope is that seeing the Brazil flip will make everyone just go back and believe in Stuart's world that he spent all day giving to them.

Faddy

Also Zeke not hammering makes him no longer confirmed. smh.

He could be lying about his defuser role to let him hammer every vote.

I fucked up a lot this game thanks to be my blindness of following Brazil and unable to fully commiet on certain days.

I learned a fuck ton though, I was honestly surpised by the Brazil flip.

Hope town pulls through despite me.

Really my hope is that seeing the Brazil flip will make everyone just go back and believe in Stuart's world that he spent all day giving to them.

Let's hope so

Also Zeke not hammering makes him no longer confirmed. smh.

He could be lying about his defuser role to let him hammer every vote.

Hopefully with the case Stu set up, people will trust that Zeke just played badly and is not scum.

I fucked up a lot this game thanks to be my blindness of following Brazil and unable to fully commiet on certain days.

I learned a fuck ton though, I was honestly surpised by the Brazil flip.

Hope town pulls through despite me.

Did you just hammer to stop the conversation? Either way, you sacrificed yourself for the greater good! My 100% record.

Stu still feels sad though. :( about Muffin thinking Stu insulted him. I'm giving him hugs every so often while he reads Era/Reddit.

Let's hope so

Hopefully with the case Stu set up, people will trust that Zeke just played badly and is not scum.

Did you just hammer to stop the conversation? Either way, you sacrificed yourself for the greater good! My 100% record.

I hammered cause Stu was right, we were deadlock and if someone should die it should be me since I had no proper reads. I didn't want to just jump on other train as I figured Brazil would give us at least something for next day.

I hammered cause Stu was right, we were deadlock and if someone should die it should be me since I had no proper reads. I didn't want to just jump on other train as I figured Brazil would give us at least something for next day.

You were entertaining CoolestGroot! (I'll always remember that)

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Like I said earlier man, you jumped on a bomb to do the right thing. I don't really have much feedback for the rest of your play since I'm still a newbie to this game, but I think trusting in Stu in the end was a good play. So I think you went out the best you could under those circumstances at least. Your breadcrumbs for your role were also pretty great haha.

Hey y'all. I killed Fand because I was sure he'd figure it out after my mellow behavior during the last EoD. We didn't have much room to maneuver, haha.

Fun times. Thanks for hosting this, Grizz. The flavor was lovely <3

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Hey y'all. I killed Fand because I was sure he'd figure it out after my mellow behavior during the last EoD. We didn't have much room to maneuver, haha.

Fun times. Thanks for hosting this, Grizz. The flavor was lovely <3
You had me bamboozled until Nicole pointed out some stuff the other day. I thought Fandorin was scum with Muffin. And before that I thought Nicole was scum with Fandorin. You were pretty much never on my radar until the end, so well played man!

This broke my heart. I'm gonna read the thread but any feedback you have would be great.

1. Don't do gambits that don't pay off. Off the top of my head, there was the chat thing, and then there was the recruiter thing. They're not really cute or funny, and they're more of a headache than anything. Gambits like that can backfire easily, and if you weren't confirmed, you could have gotten yourself lynched over it.
  2. Take things slow. Be slow to trust. I am very slow to put anyone in my town column. Once you develop a read on a player, always self-examine that read with new information provided. You might have been reading Brazil as town earlier, but you can always re-examine a read and change your mind. Admitting you were wrong on your own reads can be difficult, but being self-critical is key. If you have a blind spot on a player, try and do as much as you can to clear that blind spot.
  3. Posts like the below are bad:
Also no one else claiming?

Everyone had already claimed if you were paying attention.

How many times has muffin tracked?

Muffin already gave the information, and doing the legwork to find out when he claimed/what he said is the least you can do as a confirmed town player.

also you said this

I am all for Brazil kill.

then a few pages later said (of defending a non-brazil lynch)

HE IS THE REASON PEOPLE WANT TO KILL BRAZIL

THE PUSH FOR HIM IS NO DEFENSE FOR FINAL, AND CHANGING NARRATIVE AROUND HIM, PLUS GUT FEELINGS LIKE MINE

DON'T

DO

IT

Never been this late in a game before as town, and part of me wants to coast as confirmed town to make later scum easier.

Honestly Brazil is my big worry off ~emotion~, but fuck it. You all tried to kill him day 2 cause final didn't have a defense or some shit. For such a blindslided town move and more likely scum tacit it only makes Brazil's scent seem more strawberry and townie.

Your job as a confirmed town isn't to coast. Your job as a confirmed town player is to examine everyone and everything. You shouldn't be tunneling on anyone. The rest of the town can look at you as a person to rally behind because they know you're confirmed. It is your job to ensure that you're providing reads and being critical of others since no one can dismiss your scum hunting against them easily thanks to you being confirmed.

Additionally, your logic here for Brazil is based on "feelings" instead of actually looking at the substance of his posts. I've posted this in the thread already, but there was enough information from day one and day two to piece together the entire scum team, if you were willing to put in the work to find it. Mafia is a game that takes work and commitment if you're town. You can't simply coast and let others do your work for you, even more so when you're confirmed town.

1. Don't do gambits that don't pay off. Off the top of my head, there was the chat thing, and then there was the recruiter thing. They're not really cute or funny, and they're more of a headache than anything. Gambits like that can backfire easily, and if you weren't confirmed, you could have gotten yourself lynched over it.
  2. Take things slow. Be slow to trust. I am very slow to put anyone in my town column. Once you develop a read on a player, always self-examine that read with new information provided. You might have been reading Brazil as town earlier, but you can always re-examine a read and change your mind. Admitting you were wrong on your own reads can be difficult, but being self-critical is key. If you have a blind spot on a player, try and do as much as you can to clear that blind spot.
  3. Posts like the below are bad:

Everyone had already claimed if you were paying attention.

Muffin already gave the information, and doing the legwork to find out when he claimed/what he said is the least you can do as a confirmed town player.

also you said this

then a few pages later said (of defending a non-brazil lynch)

Your job as a confirmed town isn't to coast. Your job as a confirmed town player is to examine everyone and everything. You shouldn't be tunneling on anyone. The rest of the town can look at you as a person to rally behind because they know you're confirmed. It is your job to ensure that you're providing reads and being critical of others since no one can dismiss your scum hunting against them easily thanks to you being confirmed.

Additionally, your logic here for Brazil is based on "feelings" instead of actually looking at the substance of his posts. I've posted this in the thread already, but there was enough information from day one and day two to piece together the entire scum team, if you were willing to put in the work to find it. Mafia is a game that takes work and commitment if you're town. You can't simply coast and let others do your work for you, even more so when you're confirmed town.

Thand you. Honestly this game has been a big "learn and take notes" game more then any other.

I hope we can play again together on the same team as you're a bomb ass player, and blow you away.

Thand you. Honestly this game has been a big "learn and take notes" game more then any other.

I hope we can play again together on the same team as you're a bomb ass player, and blow you away.

<3

You played well for the first few days. I was fairly pleased with the way you handled yourself until the chat incident, although you got into tunnel mode quite a bit on Zeke. One of the things I think you should do is think of Mafia more like a puzzle. If Zeke was scum, who was his scum partner? Is there evidence to support this? Can I find that evidence or ask questions of them to create it? If I don't find the evidence, who else could it be?

Also, in general, you can be entertaining (I enjoyed your poem reads), but you shouldn't feel the need to try and force it. You're generally an entertaining person to play with, and you don't have to try to force the entertainment blarg style. Blarg is blarg; you are you. Be unique / yourself. :)

Zeke not hammering today made sense because Stu and Natiko seemed too thirsty for it, hahaha. It's hard not to hesitate when people you don't fully trust are clamoring for you to do something.

<3

You played well for the first few days. I was fairly pleased with the way you handled yourself until the chat incident, although you got into tunnel mode quite a bit on Zeke. One of the things I think you should do is think of Mafia more like a puzzle. If Zeke was scum, who was his scum partner? Is there evidence to support this? Can I find that evidence or ask questions of them to create it? If I don't find the evidence, who else could it be?

Also, in general, you can be entertaining (I enjoyed your poem reads), but you shouldn't feel the need to try and force it. You're generally an entertaining person to play with, and you don't have to try to force the entertainment blarg style. Blarg is blarg; you are you. Be unique / yourself. :)

All this is right.
Xs and Os only for our noble role cop

Okay gonna be honest

WHO THE FUCK IS BLARG and why am I constantly called a copy?

Blarg is a player who often shitposts and has a very unique playstyle. The thing is behind that exterior he's actually a wicked problem solver and one of the best mafia players on the site. The style in which you post is very, very blarg.

Okay gonna be honest

I don't think you're a copy of Blarg at all. You're completely different beasts. People just tend to pair you two together because you both like posting weird shit.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Okay gonna be honest

Blargonaut.

I played with him in my very first game, GoT.

Now I know I'm a newb and haven't played with many people or watched many people play yet, but I feel pretty safe in saying that Blargonaut is probably the best Mafia player I have ever seen.

That being said, I think stuart NK gives muffin the best chance since zeke could still tunnel natiko. Zeke NK would be setting up no confirmed (save for soft confirm/role claim Stuart), and hoping that gryvan and natiko don't follow stuart? I don't see it happening though. Zeke seems far more malleable than Stuart

Fanto

Confirmed Town
since zeke was just confirmed, zeke would be the obvious target

but I think stuart will still rally the troops against muffin if so
Yeah, I just feel like any situation where Stuart is alive will result in Muffin dying haha. If he thinks there's some person he can kill that could make Stu doubt himself, or make others doubt Stu, then maybe that's what he wants to do instead?

Faddy

Blargonaut.

I played with him in my very first game, GoT.

Now I know I'm a newb and haven't played with many people or watched many people play yet, but I feel pretty safe in saying that Blargonaut is probably the best Mafia player I have ever seen.

Blarg is a good player but he rolls out different gimmicks per game to make him confusing. He can be very obvious in some games though. If he is town you can trust him to do the right thing in the later game.

As for Coolest being compard to Blarg. They are actually poles apart in my mind. Blarg is extremely logic driven in his play. It can be hard to see that when he is playing the fool but he is always working in a logical way. Like in GoT when he claimed neutral he knew he had to do it because logically he was mafia from the way he played up to that point. He knew he had no town cred left.

Coolest is much more random than Blarg and doesn't think within the scope of the game. He is careless or carefree in his play. Take his death here, he hammered knowing there could be a bomb and doing so cost town a lynch. Yeah he got scum but it wasn't overall a good move.

Faddy

since zeke was just confirmed, zeke would be the obvious target

but I think stuart will still rally the troops against muffin if so

How was Zeke confirmed? He just avoided the mafia bomb. Why isn't bomb stopper just a fake claim Grizzly gave to scum. Logically it fits. Town have a BP and Governor. Giving mafia an extra kill doesn't feel too out of balance imo.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Blarg is a good player but he rolls out different gimmicks per game to make him confusing. He can be very obvious in some games though. If he is town you can trust him to do the right thing in the later game.

As for Coolest being compard to Blarg. They are actually poles apart in my mind. Blarg is extremely logic driven in his play. It can be hard to see that when he is playing the fool but he is always working in a logical way. Like in GoT when he claimed neutral he knew he had to do it because logically he was mafia from the way he played up to that point. He knew he had no town cred left.

Coolest is much more random than Blarg and doesn't think within the scope of the game. He is careless or carefree in his play. Take his death here, he hammered knowing there could be a bomb and doing so cost town a lynch. Yeah he got scum but it wasn't overall a good move.
Yeah, I guess I could have expanded a bit on what I think about Blarg's play. A lot of it is that he was very difficult to read (for me) due to the gimmicky nature of his posts. The fact that his claim seemed too good to be true, and obviously that Girlofgotham wound up being the second Neutral, are the only things that really made him Scum in my mind. I hope that seeing him as Mafia in my first game will help now in the future because I really do want to see what it's like when he's Town.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
Bitter resentment rising

Man, Coolest, are you really not going to look over at the game thread?

Using double quotes for partial sentences seems to be your tell. You do it when you're nervous

So in theory he can cause a deliberate a tie or in case of a tie, break it.
This almost happened by accident

Last edited:
How was Zeke confirmed? He just avoided the mafia bomb. Why isn't bomb stopper just a fake claim Grizzly gave to scum. Logically it fits. Town have a BP and Governor. Giving mafia an extra kill doesn't feel too out of balance imo.
On second thought, this is true. Killing Stuart and letting Natiko potentially jump at Zeke for not wanting to hammer when the bomb was actually about to explode would be the best course of action. It’s unlikely that that would gain traction either way with gryvan there suspecting Natiko, but eh.

This game is far from being over.

Like Faddy said Zeke messed it up, he is not confirmed now. Leaving Stu alive will be a certain death sentence for scum.

Zeke, Natiko, gryvan, Muffin - there would be enough mistrust to construe something. Only chance for town would be Natiko not falling for the Zeke lynch (which I hope is likely). I could also see a Natiko push, but I don't know if the rest of town would fall for that. Gry felt safe yesterday, unlikely town will turn against him.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
This game is far from being over.

Like Faddy said Zeke messed it up, he is not confirmed now. Leaving Stu alive will be a certain death sentence for scum.

Zeke, Natiko, gryvan, Muffin - there would be enough mistrust to construe something. Only chance for town would be Natiko not falling for the Zeke lynch (which I hope is likely). I could also see a Natiko push, but I don't know if the rest of town would fall for that. Gry felt safe yesterday, unlikely town will turn against him.

unless scum ends up night killing zeke

To me, I feel like muffin is in trouble

- kill zeke, Nat loses the person he suspects, doubt he'd turn on stu. maybe gry?
- kill nat, zeke and gry lose the person they suspect, doubt gry would turn on stu maybe zeke.
- kill gry, zeke loses someone who agreed on nat. muffin might try to push that angle but stu won't bite probably

maybe this is just spec chat reasonings haha but for me, I'd kill stu for certain because that's the only thing that could save him probably.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I feel like Muffin is going to have to work for this pretty hard if he wants the win lol. Unless Town just lets him off the hook for some reason.

I feel like Muffin is going to have to work for this pretty hard if he wants the win lol. Unless Town just lets him off the hook for some reason.

If Stu is alive, that isn't happening. If he's dead...

Well, hopefully town remembers how things went last phase.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
If Town somehow loses after this, I'll praise the last scum member.

Stuart was not night killed.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Muffin said:
How so? Brazil being a bomb proved that Zekes claim was legit.
Oh Muffin, no it didn't. Zeke didn't stop the bomb. How could he prove that was his role?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Is it just me or is Muffin just being open about being the last scum right now lol.

"Hey, here's why I killed Zeke."
"Gryvan, you the Neutral?"
"Nah, you're wrong on that Stu, here's how I was working out who I should NK."

Is it just me or is Muffin just being open about being the last scum right now lol.

I agree. Might be because we're outsiders looking in but it feels very obvious.

Faddy

It looks like it to me.

Natiko's opening is where I would have been as well. Killing Zeke is a gift. Killing Stuart would have got a confirmed town and definite Muffin vote out the game. If anything Muffin should be arguing he had to kill Stuart and that is why he isn't mafia.

He could also reasonably push all remaining 3 as mafia.
Natiko lol claiming vanilla
gryvan mason claim with janitored player
Zeke bomb defuser who didn't stop the bomb

Top Bottom