Gossip Thread The Underground Network

Franconp

Frank
Welcome to the Gossip Chat.

The same rules as in the game thread applies here so no editing, no PMs and all that.

A little warning: Everyone will be invited to the same chat so they will be able to read everything that was posted here in previous nights.

Every night this chat will end 30 minutes before day start.

Last edited:

Verelios

Were-elios
I'm reeling. I have no idea why B dubs got such a strong push. Everyone on him couldn't have been scum so that's a wash, but Melon, Terra and Geno come out of this looking like scum.

Faddy in some respects always acts like scum to me so I'm unsure of his alignment, him campaigning for B dubs is shit though, especially with his garbage claim.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, all the talk about lazy lynches and everyone ended up going with the laziest one. Melon kind of gives me Trigger vibes, but I want to hear more from her because that was some nonsense. Geno and Terra are still pretty high on my red flags list especially after that last post from Soraian. (I don’t think I spelled that right)

So I’m going to shoot straight with you, because I think you’re town right now, and if you aren’t I’m probably fucked. I think Faddy was telling the truth not just because of me being a gossip, I have another ability. Basically I’m town gossip combined with a one shot vig. But I have to have the person accept the chat invite and be in the chat for me to use it. So Faddy dying would basically turn me into vanilla town. My original plan was to kill you if Geno flipped town because Faddys claim has me wanting to hurry up and use the shot, but then EoD got weird, so I’m not going to do that now. I’m thinking I’m going to try to kill either Terra or Geno tomorrow night depending on how the vote goes.

Verelios

Were-elios
I don't know, Melon isn't really out of nowhere scummy like this so I can't say if it's a Trigger situation. Just a bad look and makes me think she ducked out of the conversation because it was infavorable.

As for Geno, we might see a thunderdome with each other d2. Something about Geno doesn't add up. He's either scum, neutral that wants to be targeted/not nked by scum by catching suspicion or a bad townie. I dunno. That play by play with Terra gave me so much heart burn.

Also, good power. You really shouldn't have told me about the vig though because the chat logs stay regardless, and on the off chance I'm scum I'd go back and tell them. Even more so if you invite scum and don't kill them later on.

For Faddy, I think he's telling the truth, but slightly altered to be more beneficial to him. He might have a chat and made up the power, or have the the power and another like you, we'll see in the coming days. I don't think it was a great play, but Faddy usually goes for the 'long game' so...

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, it’s a risky play, but my idea is to 100% use it on someone on the next night. So even if I invite scum later, it won’t matter because I will have already used it, but yeah, if you’re scum, I’m fucked

Yeah, I don’t know what the hell Geno is doing. He’s targeting the same exact person as he did last game for what seems like even less of a reason. I would say it’s too bold for a scum if he didn’t literally just do something like this as scum.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
LP feels like he's playing the same way he was in Giants mafia where he's barely here, but seems helpful enough when he's here. I think he jumped on the B-dubs train just in case of a tie.

Ketkat hasn't posted much, but what she has posted gives me a town vibe

I have no idea what the fuck to make of Blarg

I might have to go back and look at some posts from nin because right now I can't recall anything I even have on him

Malus just feels like a new player. Not really much there yet.

Zipped admitted B-Dubs was an easy lynch, said he would change it EoD to whatever had the most votes then never came back and weighed in, so that's kind of weird.

Fireblend and Stanley both seem helpful.

If I was going to pick anyone from that group to be scum it would probably be Zipped or nin I guess. Blarg is a giant "?"

What's your thoughts?

Honestly, I'm surprised no one really scum read me aside from Faddy and Fantomas saying they weren't super sure about me because I was worried that I was coming off scummy as fuck. Like I might of scum read me.

Verelios

Were-elios
I didn't think you were scummy, just more subdued in conversation.

Blarg is a big nothing for me because he hasn't really gotten started yet.

Something bugs me about Fireblend...I don't know, maybe it was some of his posts but I do get an uncomfortable feeling thinking back on him.

I dunno about Zipped, he can swing either way for me. On one hand, I can see Zipped forgetting about his vote and that not being a scumtell, while on the other he hasn't really shown me anything that makes me believe in him. Wouldn't mind continuing down this road d2.

Malus is acting as I would expect a new player to. I'll check up on d2 and if they're overly active or trying to seem active I'll get my radar up.

No idea about Ketkat. Can you explain what you found townie about their posts?

Nin being nin, I say lynch if he makes continuous mistakes as he might be scum. As of now, under observation.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Ketkat posted a lot about thinking the B-Dubs vote is weird and she seemed to have similar thoughts to me about it. She also didn’t vote though, so that’s kind of odd.

I’ll look into Fireblend and Zipped more on day 2. Last time I scum read Zipped he ended up flipping town, so I’m going to try to be careful with him.

Any of the other active posters you’re worried about? How do you feel about Splinter?

Verelios

Were-elios
I'm leaning 'not feeling good' on Ketkat after reading their posts. Their posts look like window dressing. It's like a person going 'oh no, stop, don't do that' yet standing still while their friend's getting beat up, quite inneffectual.

Splinter has done this before, where he's just M.I.A day 1, scum or town. You can't really give a reason why, he usually starts putting in work from d2 or d3. He didn't give me enough information to know where he's coming from.

Now Fantomas...hmm, I feel like they're okay in some respects, but I'm still wary about how 'okay' they are. Stay with me. Normally as town you'll just write whatever comes to your mind without thinking about any lasting reprecussions, but Fantos' posts are quite logical...weirdly so. Like he's making sure to appear townie. I dunno, it's just a feeling for now.

What's your thoughts on Fantos?

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, I can see why you would get that from Ketkat. The not voting doesn't help that vibe at all, because she could of tipped the scales in favor of either Terra or Geno, before the B-Dubs train took off at the end there.

Fanto is a weird one. I guess it doesn't make sense for scum to side with other scum players this early on, but the fact that almost none of his scum reads gained any sort of traction makes me feel like they're not in a scum group. Like the only one that picked up steam was Geno and that was after I got that ball rolling. He's another one that's leaning town for me right now, but you have a point, it feels like he's trying not to step on any toes.

What do you think of Kalor, Polter, and Sparks. I think they're the only ones we haven't talked about

Verelios

Were-elios
Sparks is a wildcard. I have no idea what he's thinking and it's usually in some odd train of thought way that he comes around to vote someone.

I do feel like Polter is somewhat townie. During our argument scum would have conceded the point to me or let the topic cool down, but it could also be scum trying to muddy discussion by biting onto Faddy talk since it seems substantial and has almost no effort required.

Kalor...ehhhhh, I'm null on kalor with a slight lean to town if only for the dogpile being pretty shit. But since it never really took off I'm hesitant to say it wasn't a bus attempt just in case one of then flipped. In that situation I'm going to look at everyone on that train and see what they flip up.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm leaning on them too. If I would have to pick a scum team right now it would probably be Geno, Terra, Zipped, and nin. I dunno about the fifth, or if there even is a fifth. Obviously that is subject to change lol. Geno and Terra not wanting to put a vote on each other at the end there was weird.

What do you think about this movement stuff, by the way? That B-Dubs flip makes me feel like there's something more to it then just nothing

Verelios

Were-elios
There definitely is something more to it going by his flip. I'm guessing there are multiple roles impacted by movement or actions done to a room or it wouldn't make sense. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow and probably get more information then.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Alright. Well I don't really know what else we can talk about at this point. Unless me or Geno dies between now and tomorrow, I'm like 90% sure I'm going to kill him in the next night phase. Also, my kill command has to be given in this chat, so everyone I invite from now will know what my power is after I use it anyway.

Interesting, however I should tell you that I only half claimed, I also have a 1 shot override that I'm planning to use tomorrow.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
That was the idea yeah, but I’m second guessing myself so I’ll hear you out. How does that override work exactly? And how do you feel about Vere reading the rest of those posts?

Still don't feel good about him. The override moves the lynch to any person I want, I think you understand that only a town can have a role like this, it's extremely broken otherwise.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Any other reasons, or just a general bad feeling? That does sound like a town power, but why haven't you used it till now? Do you have any other reads on anyone?

Why should I? Day 1 was a good lynch and day 2 I didn't have a chance to do it. As for Vere the way he acts is similar to Marvel mafia where he was scum.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Fair enough. What do you mean by that? I’m not going to go back and read Marvel mafia. How is it different then how acted in our last game?

Back then too he was posting a lot of nothing as well, also when Verelios is town and I push for him like last game he puts up a lot of resistance, here nothing. Lastly the unwillingness to mention what you 2 said here tells me he might be hiding something.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I see where you’re coming from, but your reads also aren’t picking up much steam so I’m not sure he needs to. I mean, he was hiding the kill, but so was I. And you were going to see it yourself anyway. Is there anyone else you’re scum reading?

I see where you’re coming from, but your reads also aren’t picking up much steam so I’m not sure he needs to. I mean, he was hiding the kill, but so was I. And you were going to see it yourself anyway. Is there anyone else you’re scum reading?
Not really tbh, I have a lot of null reads that I'd like gone though, like Blarg and Stan, but I wouldn't commit a lynch to them, if I had a vig shot I'd have vigged blarg by now.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, Blargs weird. He’s been shitposting the whole game and proposed one idea that was filled with holes and I’m just not really feeling. I was thinking about not gossip chatting you tonight, honestly, but I already told you I was going to plus the Sparks stuff made day end weird so I didn’t have time to switch it. Who you use the over ride on? I’m guessing Vere or would you go for Blarg or Stan?

It depends, right now I'm thinking Vere because like I said override ends the day and I don't want to use it on Blarg. But I want to see what Sorian mentioned is and if Terra has anything to say.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, that Sorian thing is weird. I’m curious about that too obviously. Still not sure about Terra. Who are you checking tonight? If you don’t mind telling. 3 cops is weird, but it is a bastard game. It seems like a lot of people have this double role thing

I was under the impression a gossip chat roleblocks me, I suppose I can scan Terra, only because I could see a cop that scans for aliens being a werewolf and it is like a square if you know what I mean.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Nah, my role doesn’t say anything about a role block. I’m guessing the vig thing replaces it. That’s probably a good idea

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I’m not sure yet. I have a feeling I’m not going to live too much longer because I’m probably going to have to claim vig after I use my shot, then I’ll proably either get NK by scum or town will lynch me because town. I really wanted to get a scum flip before I used it to have a better idea on who to kill, but that hasn’t happened yet and I’m worried about dying before I use it. I might try to invite Blarg tomorrow and use it on him. If you’re scum I’m probably dead tonight

I will protect you if they want to lynch you. No way people like Vere escape and claimed roles get lynched.

Besides, always remember that scum doesn't kill people that are due for a lynch, like they would've never killed Sparks or me, you fall into that category, plus gossip doesn't really hurt them(assuming they don't know about the vig shot, if Vere is scum then they surely do).

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Besides, always remember that scum doesn't kill people that are due for a lynch, like they would've never killed Sparks or me, you fall into that category, plus gossip doesn't really hurt them(assuming they don't know about the vig shot, if Vere is scum then they surely do).

Yeah, scum tactics seem to be to kill the people that their most worried about that aren’t up for lynch. To be honest, I was a bit concerned about Vere trying to aim me. which could explain me still being alive if he’s scum.

We will see I guess, Vere flipping scum will probably tell us a lot of things.
I'm thinking to do the override as a one and done thing, no mention of it before hand. I'm afraid scum might have a day-vigger ready to shoot if I mention it.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Kill

I feel like I owe you an explanation so here it is. I made a pretty big mistake when I told Vere about the kill and I wanted to see if you would point it out. I didn’t take into account that someone could block my kill. All scum has to do if I chat them is role block as soon as I use the command and I’m screwed. To be fair, Vere didn’t point this out either, but there’s something else that weirds me out.

I will protect you if they want to lynch you. No way people like Vere escape and claimed roles get lynched.

It feels like you’re saying that everyone that claimed is town, and I don’t really buy that.

If you’re town, I’m sorry. I’ll tell the rest of the thread about your reads after you flip. I’m really nervous about a role blocker though which is why I’m doing this asshole last minute thing

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
I debated if I should bother asking you ahead of time to pull me in just so I could know for sure it was real but decided to just leave it. I'll post more later, just got home from work.

Proud that people actually didn't move. We'll see how that goes.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, I'm surprised everyone went with it. Guess Polter got to live so that's cool that we didn't lose another townie there. I don't really want to speculate on who this might be, but I'm really hoping we have a doctor

Sorian

Staff member
Haha oh wow, @Franconp you're such a dick.

So that does explain why they would have had to roleblock since Splinter’s action is another room related thing. Not shocking but also verified now that rooms don’t matter for the factional kill.

Which means there’s maybe one or two roles that make use of them in a meaningful way or the counter has to do with rooms or the whole game is bullshit. Except my role, which was awesome......

:D

Franconp

Frank
Qe3H6KQ.gif

Sorian

Staff member
So I hate to do this. Poltergust not dying presents an interesting dilemma. A town/scum lovers pair is fine, there’s weird balance in that. With no tied death, a scum/scum fake lover’s pair is completely possibly. The lovers stuff is effectively a true fake claim and did not matter.

That said, the way Poltergust broke down the chat seems too in depth to be fake. Always possible of course but that would have taken some work to basically make a post by post that also matched splinters “real” thoughts in game at the time and I didn’t notice anything out of place.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
There’s a possibility that Polter is scum, for sure, but yeah, that post felt like he thought he was about to die and was trying to give town all the information he had before he bit it, so I’m pretty sure he’s town.

I’m really curious about Terras role now that yours is basically confirmed. Can you use it again, by the way? Or are we not going to see another vanishing act?

Another thing I meant to ask is what do you think of Veres posts up there? I’ve been second guessing them since Genos flip.

Sorian

Staff member
It’s my understanding that I can’t. It’s a bastard game though so if I find myself dead again, I’m going to try to use it since investigations only work when I’m dead, maybe there’s a reviver and I’ll come back with more checks. I can’t initiate my own death again though.

Idk, I read all of Vere’s posts just now as a skim and nothing really stood out as weird? Maybe a little forced to comment on pretty much everyone but none of the reads felt out of place.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Man, there’s some crazy limitations on that. Glad you checked scum. The thing that stood out to me with Vere is that he didn’t claim, but that’s probably just because there’s a possibility I invited scum to that chat. But yeah, he’s been consistent with all of his reads up there.

Sorian

Staff member
I probably wouldn’t have claimed on night 1 regardless of my role either, especially knowing this chat stayed constant so I don’t really hold that against him on its own.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, it was probably for the best. So who are you thinking is the rest of the scum team? I know people have kicked around the idea of neutrals also, but I'm not sure if we should be worried about that or not

Sorian

Staff member
Sorry was real busy yesterday.

Rest of the scum team, I do think L_P is a real candidate. He's usually scum or neutral when I play with him so it's sometimes hard for me to remember his town game but he still feels off here. Like he's trying to really lightly guide conversation sometimes.

nin hasn't done a whole lot which is a new read now that I'm actually looking through the thread. I don't expect a ton of quality there but I think Splinter and him kind of put each other in their blind spots. Could mean nothing but with not a lot of leads it's something.

I still think Fantomas is the "early darling" scum. Once the town reads starting coming in, I think the quality of his posts dropped and Splinter definitely felt like he was putting on a show on a lynch that would never happen. I wouldn't lynch him today but if a couple days go by with no real leads, I think people have to look there for the next break.

malus and Stanley are black boxes to me. I think scum could be here but I have no idea to be honest. malus is new and doesn't have a lot of content and Stanley hasn't had anyone to really rebound with so I can't get a real read.

Only other maybes for me are Faddy, Terra, and Kalor. The first two because I think something could easily be up with the claim and nothing about Splinter's flip has really changed my stance on Kalor.

As far as neutrals, I mean, it's nothing to directly worry about. There has been no extra kills except yours. So either we're waiting on an arsonist and people aren't told they've been marked or we have non-killing neutrals which I never really find to be a big deal. If there's an arsonist, anyone I mentioned above for reasoning that didn't involve Splinter is on the table except for Terra, an arsonist isn't going to claim cop because then they get blocked. Faddy is a good one since he claimed something that would prevent scum from killing him.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I’ll say this, Malus is really weirding me out. I understand being new, but at a certain point I think someone gets over that and starts posting and participating more and he really hasn’t. It feels like he’s going out of his way to not bring attention to himself

Good morning then! Just fyi, we have a small 10 hours left before the chat closes.

It's just a regular gossip chat. Chuggernaut had the ability to kill one of the people he got in here and he used that on Geno. You can read everything back. I invited you, because no more specific reason than that I want to hear from you. As of now I don't have a read on you. Or on anybody really. I'm really going to need this night phase to get my thoughts together.

Since I replaced Chuggernaut all the info in here is also new for me, but I've read it. I don't think there really is much of value in there.

Well, someone lied about the red check. My general thinking is that Fantomas did it since it was his power, but it is possible that Faddy is expecting that and wants us to go for those two before him. Either way, they were guaranteed to get at least a 1 for 1 trade, but that seems a bit risky to go for, so I could see them trying their best to go for 2 and delay things out for their scummates. It's a little hard to say which way I'll end up voting in the end, but I'm definitely going to be doing a lot of reading and looking into how those two have interacted with Splinter, since he's our only confirmed scum at this point. We can't really afford to give scum a 2 for 1 trade in this kind of situation.

Yea, we obviously have to look at those two.

But if outside of those two, who would you want me to have a look at?

Well, there is the whole jailor situation with LP, but outside of those situations involving roles, I'd say my biggest blindspots are on Stanely and Malus. I'm not really one to talk, but it doesn't feel like either one has really had a big impact this game, and it's hard to say whether its just letting the roles play out since we've had so much going on, or whether they're using them as cover. How do you feel about the current situations that are going on?

I'm obviously a replacement and I underestimated a bit what it takes me to catch up. But I feel like I'm a bit lost. The Melon lynch was alright based on the red check, but I still have to convince myself to vote Fantomas or Faddy now. I mean it's the logical thing to do, but I do not want to mislynch over these kind of things in a bastard game again.

In that regard I feel more for LP now, because there is the combination of the jailing and over first glance I thought he was a bit suspicious.

Yeah, I think resolving the LP situation might have been safer to do first. But that's really just a hindsight is 20/20 situation where we now know the red check was fake. What are your thoughts on Fanto and Faddy? I know you might not have caught up completely, so its okay if its just gut readings from that day and the weird conversation that Faddy and Sorian had. I'm still trying to figure this all out myself so I just appreciate any insight!

I believe Fanto tbh. This amnemia cop thing makes sense.

I see a scenario where Faddy lied about the check pretty likely. I could see myself voting Faddy or LP

Lol, I read back Fantomas day 1 and after he mentions Splinter a few times in his posts and reads, he then says: Oh shit, I forgot about Splinter. That's weird.

Fanto has kind of bounced around a lot, and definitely had a big panic at one point, but he's still kind of new so its hard to say what that means for sure. Faddy claiming his role early didn't make any sense to me, it feels like a ploy to either have scum avoid him completely or just an excuse so people don't bother thinking about him down the line. I really don't know how to feel about either one yet, and I'll do some digging and post stuff in the thread this day phase if no one else does

So +points for Fantomas is his activity and his claim. He isn't hiding and I believe his breadcrumb + claim. There is no way he makes that up.
Negative points are his actual posts. He is all over the place. And there is this obsession on Splinter (scum) without doing anything with it.

Alright, if you want my opinion. I would not lynch Fantomas next lynch. I've pretty much caught up on him now and I give him the benefit of the doubt.

What bothers me about Sorian is that he left and said he would come back with a big present or something like that. In hindsight that was obviously the red check. But how would he have known that? If he would've come back with a green check, would we all be as happy? It's almost like he knew he'd come back with a red check.

I have no feelings on Fireblend, what makes you feel that he's scummy?

The sorian thing was really weird the whole time. I was expecting a lot more than just a single check, which is why I didn't even believe it was true in the first place. It is pretty odd that he was a 1-shot cop and knew he would get that kind of information as well. He did lead us to Splinter, which could have been a bus I suppose, but Splinter seemed genuinely upset about what happened. Like, his whole thing is weird and might have more to it that he's not letting on, but I do think that he's town or at the very least a weird neutral

Top Bottom