Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
copying
me:

I LOVE the wizard neutral
junimos are cool but I think that goes beyond normal game
I think I would select mafia team 1 and wizard neutral
grandpa's cool too but the wizard made me squeal aloud
i might be biased against mafia team 2 because I worked really hard to get friendship with george XD

you:
i also thought that about the junimos, to be honest
and yeah, it's just a silly interpretation of those characters. i know they all have good sides to them, haha

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Do you think a gossip would be okay for a normal game? I like including a gossip. May be too much with masons, though, and I like Krobus and Linus being masons. I love Linus.

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
I don't like the CEO for the fourth member because he's not a named character, i don't even know if he appears in the game. It would be very weird to have a single character that's a generic one.

And eeeh, the connection between Krobus and Linus isn't there. Masons would make more sense for a pair of characters that at least know each other, like the young'uns:
Mary/Penny
Penny/Sam
Sam/Sebastian
Sam/Abigail
Haley/Alex
Elliot/Leah

Last edited:

Pedro

But I can remove the second mafia team and the other neutrals from the doc. If we ever need them back again, it's in the document's history.

Pedro

I do know, actually, that you like gossips :D I don't mind including them!

Pedro

oh oh oh
reading the wiki, i saw that Shane works at JojaMart. He could replace the Governor if you're not feeling him as a character in the design.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Okay, okay, I'm okay with other masons. I just really like Linus and I want him to have something fun! If we can find something. Poor Linus.

What do you think about adding The Player on the roster?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Gosh, I hate to make Shane mafia since he had a decent character arc. I'm a big softie.

Trying to remember who the most gossipy character was. Do you think masons + a gossip is too much?

Pedro

What do you think about adding The Player on the roster?
I'm fine with it! Just can't think of a good role for them for now.

I just really like Linus and I want him to have something fun!
Me too :c

Gosh, I hate to make Shane mafia since he had a decent character arc. I'm a big softie.

Trying to remember who the most gossipy character was. Do you think masons + a gossip is too much?

We have to make some of them evil :P And I don't! If you think that's a lot of communication, we could go with a Messenger instead of a Gossip, and pretend it's someone putting letters on people's mailboxes during the night.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Maru and Penny are friends. They could be the masons. Or Alex and Haley (if not, I'd rather take Haley out; she's basic).

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I guess anyone could be. I remember mail from Demetrius, too. But you get random letters from others. Lewis just sends the most.

Pedro

i like maru and penny as masons, and lewis as the messenger.
which named char did you prefer for the 4th mafia slot?

(also, hell yeah get haley out of here)

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I suggested four mafia dudepeoples in the spreadsheet. I'll adjust with these roles, too.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'm okay with shuffling around any people who don't already have roles (moving people from the bottom part up to the top, I mean). If you'd rather have Shane than the CEO, that's fine, too.

Pedro

oh, sorry. i saw Jodi and Morris there but my brain didn't see Sam. yeah, those three and Shane work for me as the team.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Right now we're at 22 players. How many townies you want me to cut? We've got 17t, 4s, 1n.

Pedro

15/4/1 sounds nice. we may need to add/remove later during balancing but for now it's ok

Pedro

roles for The Player:
Innocent Child - i mean, everyone in town talks to them
JOAT - they plant crops, fish, ride animals, explore dungeons, cook, etc. they are a literal jack of all trades
Loved - similar reason to the IC

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
oh, I do like the idea of a joat for the player. That makes good thematic sense. The others are also fine, but I think the joat works best. Maybe Kent could be a commuter since he's in the military and will sometimes be gone for that?

Pedro

WELL, fell asleep while thinking about Linus, hahaha.

I like JOAT for them, and I love Commuter for Kent!!!

I think we should stop with Town PRs for a moment, and figure out the scum team next.
Then we can add counters for them in Town, and continue messing with more PRs.

I like Goon for Morris because it is unexpected, but maybe we should give the Goon role to a character we can't work much with? we could do a lot of roles for Morris.

Last edited:

Pedro

What about Ascetic for Linus? He lives in the wild, who knows what he eats and drinks but we know he managed to grow old and he's still healthy so his immune system is clearly better than ours combined. Dude's unfazed by rain, snow, etc., and will even go down into the mines to save you if you die there like it's no biggie. NOTHING CAN HURT LINUS

That would also stop the Messenger from sending him messages, which makes sense since Linus does not own a mailbox.
And I doubt Linus would accept western medicine as well, he would send the Doctor away if he tried to take care of him.

Pedro

I made Jodi a Roleblocker through small talking because I know she's a super easygoing character and thought it would fit her, but now I'm looking at what I wrote and all I can see is the chatty woman stereotype so let's burn that shit down, please, and come up with something better for her.

What do we know about her... she does exercise, she often dreams about what she'd do if she didn't have her responsibilities...

Pedro

maybe she could be a strongwoman because she works out, or

Maybe she can be one of those Mafia members that start the game as Town and have to be recruited. She initially shops at joja and she's like "it's not that bad", and as time goes on she gets more and more comfortable with the idea of a big market in her city. Her son working there also helps convincing her.
i don't know, is that too abnormal?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Like Linus as ascetic. Good with that.

Recruit will skew abnormal if we have a cop, I think; if we don't, that's fine then. But I think if we have a recruitable and then only a three-scum team, we have to add negative utility to town. Strong kill would work. But I do like your original idea of roleblocker. She's out evangelizing for Jojamart. She seems to be the only villager who works there who supports it, caveat aside. I don't think it's chatty woman stereotype.

Pedro

yeah, i don't like that but it's something that can fixed with flavor. no reason to make things more complicated.

what do you have in mind for sam/morris/Shane?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I think someone needs a strong kill, and of the set we've pulled out, I think it would have to be Morris and his "strength" is corporate power, which is very against the general Stardew Valley aesthetic.

Pedro

<3

The more I think on Shane, I think he should be a Goon. His whole thing is that though he works at Joja, he doesn't like being there; he just needs cash and that's the only job in town. So making him a Goon would be a way of saying that he's not really on their side/helping that team win.

I can see Sam as a Tracker, maybe. He's there at the market, doing his business, helping people out, and he can't help but listen to the customers talking with each other:

- I'll buy this to make a nice dinner for us
- Oh! I forgot to tell you, but after dinner I'm going to X's house/the saloon and hang out for a while

And like that he learns where people are going :P Don't think there's any character that would fit into a "Cop" role, but with a Tracker the scummies could find PRs.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I like that take a lot. I think those are both good. I'll update the sheet. Would the masons count as "visiting" each other??

Pedro

Oh, btw, I put Kent as Odd Night Commuter because he's away on year 1 and he comes back on year 2. #deeplore

Pedro

The Strongman is a counter to the Doctor, the RB and the Tracker are generic counters to all Town PRs... I like where this is going! We might have to add X-shot modifiers and such later, but for now i'm happy!

Yeah, now we have to figure out what to do with the JOAT and add some other PRs if we feel like it.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Pierre as a fruit vendor would be kinda funny and a nice balance for the scum tracker.

Pedro

That's perfect. We keeping everyone else vanilla?
Haven't thought about the others a lot, but i guess it's a good time to ask:
We're almost done with this first version, is there anything that you would like to see here before we're done? I don't mind changing some roles if it would make you happier.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'm really good with where we are, with the possibility of Pierre above there.

for JOAT: maybe one shot can be gossip? Dunno about the other two. But staying up all night talking with everyone seems in keeping with the player.

Pedro

ohhhhhhhhhh i LOVE the Fruit Vendor idea, yes yes let's do that.

Pedro

Using a Rabbit's Foot (Self Doc): You're so lucky you'll avoid any kill attempts in the following night.
Crafting a Bomb (Vigilante): Whoever you throw it at will perish. Whoops!
Foraging (Tracker): After years of looking at the ground and finding fruits, you now know how to track footprints and can do so if needed.
Installing a Sprinkler (Motion Detector): If anyone goes through your farm during the night, they will get soaked by your sprinkler and their wet clothes will be visible by everyone.

yes, no, maybe??

Pedro

and i'm laughing that you will put a gossip in it, after a pair of masons and a messenger
I do know, actually, that you like gossips :D

Like, I don't mind it and don't wanna take that off now (the thing about the player talking with everyone fits the character), but I won't be surprised if a future reviewer says it's all too much.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
ugh you're right I JUST WANT A GOSSIP OKAY

I really like your ideas. I say we pick three of those.

Pedro

yea yeah yeah yeah that over the joat, yes please.

and yes, different parties would be too crazy

Pedro

So our final roles are:

Town:
1 Party Host
2 Masons
1 Messenger
1 Doctor
1 Odd Night Commuter
1 Ascetic
1 Fruit Vendor
7 Vanilla Townies​
Mafia:
1 Roleblocker
1 Goon
1 Strongman
1 Tracker​
Neutral:
1 Clairvoyant​

If you're ok with this, let me know here and please call the Review Team for reviewers if you're still up o/

Pedro

did you know that Clint has a crush on Emily, but he's too shy to do something about it? Poor guy...

Pedro

too many. The game will be so huge that we will have to play a few phases of it every real world season, with appropriate flavor.

the game starts in June during Summer, pauses after a few weeks and resumes in September during Autumn, etc.

Pedro

knew you would love it

i created another thread in here for the reviewers that should be coming ANY MINUTE NOW

Top Bottom