Jailor Thread Just Hold Still, This Will Only Take a Moment

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Welp, we have 20 hours together so I'll offer a deal: tell me something about you and I'll tell you something about me.

I wanna know why I'm here.

Jailer

Costume Account
As you probably gathered, I'm a European player.

You're here because I wanted to talk to you, you are one of the best town reads that I have.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yes, I gathered that. I have some guesses about your identity based on that first message, but I'm not sure. I didn't know if you were saving me or blocking me, but now I'd guess the former. The latter wouldn't affect me anyway. I don't have a night action, and there's my secret for you.

Jailer

Costume Account
Yes, I gathered that. I have some guesses about your identity based on that first message, but I'm not sure. I didn't know if you were saving me or blocking me, but now I'd guess the former. The latter wouldn't affect me anyway. I don't have a night action, and there's my secret for you.

Assuming that I amcorrect and not being played, I am glad that I have not blocked a PR.

Do you have any thoughts on other players that you would like to share?

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Outergafia.net will be going offline in approximately 2 hours to make the change to outermafia.com. The change should take approximately an hour.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
CCS said some weird shit at day's end and I am deeply suspicious of Sorian. I'm worried about Cabot but it's more a general worry; I don't think I scumread him but am just aware that I find him hard to read. Kawl also wasn't a shot in the dark. Scum Kawl is quiet and I sat on that lynch rather than jumping to Sorian because I wanted to get rid of him in case and wanted to see what Sorian would do. I don't know what to think about Faddy. He sat on that vote when it was close but we never got to see really just how close it would get.

Squidy changed votes a lot and not for many specific reasons that I saw.

Do you want to tell me anything, O Great Mysterious Figure?

Jailer

Costume Account
When we wake up I imagine CCS will be dead.

Suspicion of Sorian is always wise, and that situation with Cabot is one I have found myself in before. I would keep an eye on both of them.

Sitting on Kawl was good play and part of the reason I chose you.

Faddy has been very Faddyish so far, I would say a fairly neutral read overall.

I think I've only played one game with Squidy, so I don't know if that is normal for him or not.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yes, from what I've spectated, Faddy seems typical, but defending CCS while voting him while CCS was on the block was... odd. Why do you think CCS will die?

The other people I'll be watching today are Bronx, if he appears, since I've never played with him, and Blarg. Blarg seems completely outside the game, which is not a version of Blarg I've seen so far. Dusk's comment on Ouro's design makes me town read him, but not for any good reason. Doesn't mean I won't watch him. He certainly needs to appear and do more, but we'll see how it goes.

So a jailer, I see, can be any kind of alignment. There was some mild speculation in thread i was a PR. You know I can't trust you - could be that you're just putting me in a box while the two kills go off.

Jailer

Costume Account
CCS seemed to be hinting at having a PR, and with two kills I imagine scum will aim one at him in case he's telling the truth. Otherwise they're basically just taking potshots and hoping to hit. Him and squidy may well be the targets (unless either is scum).

Bronx is normally a... difficult player to read to put it mildly.

I could be, that's very true. If I die you will know the truth. And if you need to verify after I die that you were in fact jailed, tell Cabot to use the force. He will know what it means.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
CCS may have been hinting at a PR, but so did Dusk. And who knows with Squidy. If one kill doesn't go off, I will guess it was aimed at me... unless there's also a doctor or another protective role?

Why would I need to verify that I'm jailed? I'm here. How are you linked to Cabot? I guess this means that you're not Cabot. What if I tell Cabot to use the force before you die? What if you die tonight?

Based on speech patterns, unless you are specifically altering, there are only a few people you could be.

Jailer

Costume Account
I always assume the existence of a doctor, although maybe we will get lucky and have no kills.

That phrase will tell Cabot who the jailer is, and that you have been jailed. Of course, that assumes that he is town and will cooperate...

Feel free to guess. I may tell you if you are right.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Not you:
BFreak
Blarg
cabot, apparently,
Bronx-Man
Kyanrute
Kawl, becuase death
nin1000
Nomadic Sparks

Probably not you:
squidyj, unless you lied about location
CCS
feps
Kark, unless you lied about location (Kark would be one of my guesses based on speech, however)
Sorian -

Possibly you:
Faddy - would be my guess if you're linked to cabot in some way
El Topo
Crimson, if you're in already

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
So you lied. The question is, did you actively lie, as with location, or did you just cover up natural moves in order to hide?

Better question: what's the goal here? If I'm a townread for you - and once again, I am town, #forevertownaf, I guess, Ouro certainly wasn't going to let me have any fun - do you want to deceive me?

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Reminder: This forum will be temporarily shut down in approximately 2 minutes.

VERY Dramatic timing.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
That timing was so spectacular BUT I DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT. what a waste. Reading it now, though, it's great. A+ work.

Well, at least I didn't flag you as a total non possibility. I hope you are not dead when we wake. Our time together is ending and I'm wondering how much I should reveal, since you came clean to me... but even that isn't especially alignment indicative.

Jailer

Costume Account
Very true, if I were you I'd keep me in your back pocket. FWIW, I'm like 90% confident you're town.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Well, I'll tell you this, since you've been open - and while it wouldn't hurt you as mafia to be open (might make me trust you more, eh?) - I will choose to trust you a bit and if it gets me, it gets me. I don't think I'll survive long regardless. I do have a role, but it's situational. Not that I don't have a choice, but that it's only useful under particular conditions.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Oh, I'm THRILLED to be protected - at least until I can deploy my role, and then I am as expendable as any other townie. But it might be useful for you to grab someone else to try to find out their alignment, yes? Or to stop mafia? If we can hope there's only two left, grabbing one would be very useful. If there's three more, less so, but might stop a mafia power role.

But I've never had such a weighty role as yours (no pressure) so I don't know what would be best, frankly.

Jailer

Costume Account
Well first I'll have to not be dead when we wake up :P

I'll evaluate things over the day and see if I have any good reads or not by the end, if not might do you again.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'm generally very transparent about my reads and I don't try to hide my thought process, so as long as you think you can trust me, that'll be there.

Here's hoping you survive! I was worried about my survival so I'm grateful you pulled me in.

Jailer

Costume Account
So was I, I tried to pick someone I thought would potentially be a scum target and it looks like I picked pretty well!

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
It's nice to actually get to talk to you, since we haven't played before and I think I've mostly spectated when you died earlier in the game cycle.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'm not sure this is an accurate measure! ;) but may your next guest be as social!

Oh no, I hope they don't see my chat....

Top Bottom