Mason Thread Mason Chat

Hello Masons, welcome to your chat!

Remember you can only use this chat during the pre-game and night phases.

Have fun, and good luck!

Are you familiar with the format? If not, I suggest you do familiarize yourself with it.

16.4% for no Mafia RB. Everything else looks like to close to call.

As for reveals under pressure, since we cannot coordinate them here: they should be done in a timely manner. Outing the partner in the initial claim will be seen as odd and should not be done. Partner confirms the claim if necessary, if Town is being kind that might not even be needed. Should one of us die, the other claims when needed - there is no great impetus to get it out earlier than needed.

Other than all of the possible roles, I'm not too familiar with the format, the last time I played in a semi-open design it was of a different variety. The math stuff kind of goes over my head a bit when I look at it, but it seems like 2 Goons + 1 RB is the most common setup for the Mafia here based on the percentages? And then from my understanding, there is a 50% chance for all setups to contain a Serial Killer, correct?

Yeah, having no day chat together definitely makes it harder to coordinate. I agree about your plans for claiming though, outing the partner in the claim doesn't seem necessary. The partner can confirm if Town really doesn't buy it I guess, but like you said, if they're being kind it might not be needed.

SK chance is 50% in all the setups, yes. But since we know that there is at least 2 M, those being us, the SK chance now is slightly above 50%.

And then I bothered to decipher this troublesome math puzzle, since my 16-ish% above makes me look silly.

52.5% for SK, 41.7% for GF, 82.5 for RB.

Whew, what a day.

I'm a talkative one in Night Chats, so I'll have a big post in a bit lol. For now, I got the feeling from Mike's last post that we fucked that one up and yeah, I was right, but I think we have some decent stuff to look back on now during the night. We know our votes on Mike were pure, so we can take a look at some of those others while also questioning why the hell Lance moved off of him at the end there.

Ok, so first things first, Huang is literally trying to fuck with me. They keep posting my gifs in the thread (yeah, spoiler alert, I'm Fantomas, sorry) which is clearly an attempt to bait out my reaction, but I've been trying to ignore it. I don't know if this is a Scum move necessarily because it would seem really obvious, but it's a fact and I'm not going to let it go by without me commenting on it in secret lol.

Huang also pinged my attention when they handed you an easy Town read alongside me and Lance. Lance and myself were the two most talkative players in the game, that makes it easy to lean town on us for most people especially when we aren't just Blarging it up out there. You though? Huang made one comment about your post where you voted for Lance feeling townie to them, and then just decided you were one of their top 3 Town reads? I don't buy it. It felt to me more like a "well, I said this thing earlier and I don't want to go back on my thoughts" kind of thing instead.

Also, I did lay a small breadcrumb for you as my Mason partner, post #171. The words that are capitalized:
I would like to hear more from Catalina though as I do agree that she seemed to be pretty Townie there in her one appearance so far, but with nothing to follow up on I haven't really been able to Confirm that feeling at all.
Catalina...Townie...Confirm

--------

As for the EoD situation, I switched my vote over to Michael after you voted there. I had been toying with going for it but wasn't fully sure until then. Partially because I wasn't sure anyone else would go there to break the tie to that side, I figured they might go for the easier Ken vote, and partially because I knew your vote was pure.

I agreed with your take on Mike's post there too, it had bad vibes, but I didn't want to straight say that in the thread. Instead I quick came up with some vague nonsense about why I wanted Michael more. One thing that stuck out to me was that Lance quoted my vague nonsense and said it was the best vote on Michael lol. I was like, "uh ???????" but I don't know, still think Lance is my strongest town lean, but I say lean because it ain't no read because I know who Lance is.

Here's how I'm seeing it right now:

Ken shows up, throws down some decent thoughts. He switches his self preservation vote over to Mike after Carl put one there and I expressed being ok with that vote too. He then retroactively explains his reasoning for it, while at the same time throwing shade at Tommy for applying reasoning to his vote for Ken. They are in essence the same votes, neither need explanation, as Ken said so himself, but he still explained his. This looks bad to me now in hindsight.

Is it possible that Ken was Scum and he got out of that one? I think so. I'll want to go back to see how some of the reads on Ken evolved and who was really pushing against that notion all day. Ken could also be the SK if we have one, he had a very "I'm on my own team" vibe there to me, but I think it's better to speculate on that tomorrow after we see if we've got a double kill night.

Is it possible that Ken is actually Town? Yes, very much so. I got a small possible frustrated townie who maybe couldn't play that much this weekend vibe, but the flaiing at EoD was a bad look to me and I feel he did contradict himself a couple times while doing it. I think we almost need to see this flip now after the way things went, but I'm fully interested in exploring a lot of avenues tomorrow. I have some people I want to pressure and some players I want to see a lot more contributions from.

---------

I'll get a full reads list out in a bit, going to be eating dinner soon. If you are who I'm like 99% sure you are, I think our timezones are kind of off, but either way, I'll put in a bit of work this evening before I go to bed so you should have some stuff to wake up to in here.

Ok here's my tentative "No Nulls Allowed" read list along with some comments. I'll be going through and trying to reread most of the day during this night phase, so I might alter things a bit by the time we get closer to day start.

I'll spoiler tag my identity reads and any meta things that play into them, just in case you don't want to speculate on that stuff, but I think it might be fun to do it in private here lol.

Townish Thoughts:
Lance
This is 100% Dr. Monkey. Do not trust her at all unless there is explicit proof of her being Town.
Has some good quality posts, but I'm not a fan of how hard he went at Michael all day only to back down as soon as it started picking up some real steam.

Asuka
I think this is Sorian? A few tells here and there, like tying the vote at EoD, that’s a Sorian move. General speech patterns as well. I don't trust that he was seemingly all too happy to agree with me, felt like a possible pocket attempt, but I'll allow it for now.
I was suspect of his activity levels compared to the quality of his posts, but he did eventually say he was busy though, so we’ll keep an eye on him. Mostly feeling pretty good here though so far.

Franklin
Don’t have an identity read here.
Had some decent thoughts when he showed up at EoD, looking forward to his thoughts tomorrow, not much to read into today though I don’t think, other than that he wasn’t a fan of the Ken vote. Not sensing anything too strange yet.

Roman
99% sure this is StanleyPalmtree.
He came in late and wasn’t around much, so similar to Franklin, looking forward to his thoughts tomorrow. And again, like Franklin, just not sensing anything too strange yet, but I'll pay attention to both during my reread.

-------

Less Townish Thoughts:

Niko
No identity read (but I actually really hope it’s LP lol).
I felt like he was conveniently absent at times, and had a few “how do you do, fellow town” posts that rubbed me the wrong way.

TommyV
Newbie vibes, no real identity read beyond that though.
Seemed a bit lost when he found himself in the spotlight but came around towards EoD. There were some spots that looked a bit rough for him, but I think it’s just newbieness. Newbie Scum isn't out of the question though.

-------

Scummish Thoughts:
Ken
Possibly Muffin?
Still top scum read probably, especially after Mike flipped Town. Some decent thoughts at EoD but there was some noteworthy flailing there, seemed panicky.

Huang
I think this is Kitsuinelaine.
Definitely leaning Scum because of the obvious bait being laid for my reactions, and other things I mentioned earlier.

Carl
No real identity read here.
Definitely looking suspect to me. He was deflecting off of Ken pretty hard, came in with the Michael vote which basically set up the train that was needed to take the heat off Ken. Very suspicious if Ken flips Scum at any point.

Claude
No real identity read here.
On the suspect list because his thoughts seemed… I don’t know. I need to do a reread of him I think because I felt like he was either holding back his opinions or purposefully not giving very detailed thoughts, both of which give bad vibes.

I think there is a decent chance that I get shot tonight. The last time I went into Town Leader mode on D1 I got shot for it. Even though my reads were trash and would have helped Scum, they didn't want me alive because everyone thought I was Town.

And yeah, everyone here pretty much has me as the Townest Town in the game.
Asuka said:
Trevor seems more genuine, I'm more comfortable in that read because he's guiding conversation but it doesn't seem to be just for the sake of being the one to guide that conversation.
TommyV said:
Trevor is #1 here, but has given me no reason to believe he isn't a townie. In fact, I'm left thinking he's one of the most valuable ones here. His posts show clear-thought and experience. The town needs him throughout the coming days and nights. If there is someone to protect, it's him. I get nervous potentially putting a crosshair on his head by saying this out loud, but surely any scum have come to the same conclusion. He rallies the troops. If there is agreement here, then it's going to be a chess match of when they decide to go after him to weaken us all.
Lance said:
I think I was real wrong in the beginning about who's who which means my suspicion of Trevor on principle is probably? maybe? gone.
These posts back-to-back-to-back had me like:

giphy.gif

Ok, I got through post #200 on a reread. Just throwing out a ton of scattershot notes here on different players and some things that were said. My apologies if some of it is just random crap, but hopefully there are some nuggets in here that might lead to Scum.

=========================

Claude - Post #108, he comes back and gives a kind of nothing statement about Tommy, then agrees with Asuka's take on Niko.

Lance - My god he went so hard on Michael. I was just sitting there nodding along to all of that stuff, mainly starting at #125, and it was either completely wrong or just some scummy ass shit... *screams internally*

Lance at #127 a couple posts later though, fuuuuuck. I remember that post tickling me because it had to do with you. Look at how he throws shade and immediately takes it back, but not with his own read on the situation, he borrows another one. Ugh.

Huang - All over this page are examples of my gifs being used by them. Like literally, I made most of those gifs lol. What is this other than bait for my reaction? Am I being too paranoid here? I feel like I was pretty obviously me by this point anyways so I don't see what the point really was, but whatever.

Claude again later - Ok, forgot about this, in post #140 he mentions the recent Mansion game so he definitely played in that. So as far as an identity read on him goes:
Of the players in this game that just played in The Mansion: WhySoDevious, Aeleus, Muffin, Godfather, Kitsunelaine.

I don't think it's Kits.

WSD and Aeleus were new in that game, and Claude isn't pinging me as a newbie player.

That would leave Muffin and Godfather. I could see this being Godfather, though he's quite toned down from how I remember him there (he was Town in that game). I'll feel that out with the rest of his posts though.

Roman completely dodged my question about Asuka when I was talking to him when he showed up, but he did have light suspicions on Lance that he never really expanded on. Going to want to talk to him more tomorrow.

Tommy - Is it possible this is someone pretending to be a new player? I kind of doubt it. Some of his posts have just really screamed uncomfortable newbie to me, and I can relate to that feeling.

Huang - post #163 this is the post where you get put in Town alongside myself and Lance out of no where. Explains it later in post #169. Says it was all based on one post you made. Tells me that me and Lance are their town reads for putting in work, no bad vibes on Lance, but I get an "added bonus of a gut town read". Throws out Michael's name now as an addendum to their scum list. These posts scare me.

Claude - Unvotes from Niko after dropping a prod vote there. Gives no other opinions though, which causes me to poke him for more thoughts since we kind of needed some votes at this point.

Asuka - Big post, #174. This is a quality post, but also a questionable one in my opinion. Obviously has the correct read on me and Lance. I am Town, but Lance is the one people should be worried about, and Asuka is. The next two paragraphs are not as quality though. The waffling between light defense and light shade on Huang, followed by "but makes a good point here though". Where have I seen this before? Ah, yes, just earlier, Lance did the same thing when he grabbed a Huang post to use as the basis for his own opinion about you. Not sure what to make of that yet, but it's a thing.

Huang - Post #177. This is... displeasing. Identity Speculation:
I forgot about this one. Huang is making a reference to the Brexit 2 game, in which Zeke constantly asked people "What do you think of Melonrabbit though?" There are only 2 people who played in that game that are in this game: Swamped and Lone_Prodigy. I had been thinking Huang was Kits, but why is Kits making this reference? That doesn't make sense...

A bit of a back and forth between Tommy and some other players regarding his comment saying that I should be protected at night. I found this to be interesting for a couple reasons:
1. It seemed like a harmless newbie thing to me, but people like Asuka and Lance immediately tried to frame it as a malicious thing.
2. It drew out Lance's paranoia take about veteran players pretending to be newbies.

=============

So yeah, I'm off to bed now. Will get through the rest of my reread in the morning. As of right now, Lance is no longer in my Townish Thoughts, somewhere in the Not-So-Townish realm instead, and I'm feeling good about my scum leans on Claude and Huang still.

I'll just check if Trevor was serious about writing a novel during nigh-

Oh. Fanto though? That is a surprise, the gifs in the thread got me thinking you were Huang. That twists the identity roulette somewhat. I thought I had a good number of people figured out but it seems that is not the case.

My original thought was that you were Monkey. That mishap sets a cascade of identity switches rolling. Guesses for the record, don't check if you don't want to know what kind of a monster you are dealing with here:

[He/Him] Franklin - ??? - Godfather
[He/Him] Roman - ??? - Stan
[He/Him] Michael - ??? - Vincent / Olinad
[He/Him] Huang - ??? - Kitsune
[He/Him] Niko - ??? - LP
[He/Him] TommyV - ??? - Vincent / Olinad
[He/Him] Carl - ??? - Devious / Aeleus
[He/Him] Asuka - ??? - Sorian
[He/Him] Lance - ??? - Monkey
[He/Him] Claude - ??? - Swamped
[He/Him] Ken - ??? - Muffin

kyaaa~ :3

Though I fear this discussion might actually be harmful. Some of these picks already feel bad, looking at some posts. I'll personally not put that much weight on the identities.

I'll read the thread before the start to see to have some sort of a starting point for D2.

That is a surprise, the gifs in the thread got me thinking you were Huang.
This is why I'm not fully sure what to make of Huang yet.

It was bait in some way, I just can't figure out if the reason was to get me to reveal myself, or to impersonate me. I'm not even sure if either of those things would mean they are Scum, they could just be having fun with the costume, but it's obviously something that I took notice of, and I'm sure others who have played with me are wondering the same thing.
Though I fear this discussion might actually be harmful. Some of these picks already feel bad, looking at some posts. I'll personally not put that much weight on the identities.
Yeah, I'm trying to not let my identity reads get in the way of my Town/Scum reads. I like the idea of there being no meta read to fall back on because we can't be sure who everyone is, or even if they are new.

The fact that we apparently took out a new player on D1 is proof alone that this experiment keeps us from going down our usual meta roads.

That being said, I think it can still be a fun little side project though lol.

-------

Will get back to my reread in a little bit once the coffee has kicked in.

Ok, some more random scattershot notes. After this I'll try to collate it all into another read list which takes some more things into account than just my immediate feelings at EoD.

======================

Lance - In post #214, questioning why we weren't voting for Asuka even though we had some thoughts about him. This was with 2.5 hours left in the day. Did he really expect us to pressure vote Asuka at this time? They were observations, ones that had not been taken up by any other players yet, but Lance wants to call us out for making them? I don't understand why.

Claude - Post #220, he gets back to me after I questioned him about his Unvote from Niko and if he had any more thoughts. He tells me he doesn't have any opinions about Ken, but thinks that Asuka is genuinely scum hunting. That's a lot of nothing, tbh.

Franklin - Post #221, catches up on the game and drops a vote on Carl. Cites a few reasons, mostly for being dismissive, also calls out Claude as giving him weird vibes.

Lance - Post #222, tells me that the Asuka conversation has potential merit, but then defends him and throws shade at us for talking about him without talking to him or voting for him. Ok Lance, that's a big pile of "I just said some words, but I don't actually believe them."

Carl - Post #226, defends Ken and diverts attention back to Michael, who had been dropping off the radar somewhat at this point, only Lance seemed seriously interested in him. Also defends himself against Franklin's accusations, but either didn't remember or was trying to lie about when his questionable posts were made. I called him out for it later and he responded in post #234, but I wasn't happy with it.

Claude
- Votes for you in Post #227. Obviously not the best vote in the world, the reasoning seems somewhat decent but possibly fake, but I'm not sure if Scum places that vote? I don't think anyone had mentioned you as being scummy.

Lance - Post #230, tells us that he'd rather see Michael over Ken "unless both do something as we ramp up to day end." I would say Ken did a lot more than Michael at EoD, yet that caused Lance to eventually switch to Ken? I do not know what to make of that complete change of heart yet.

Lance again - Post #243. Tells us that this is his Would Not Vote Today list:
Would not vote today: Trevor, Catalina, Niko, Roman, Carl
What is this list? Especially Carl!? Why was Carl being taken off the table? Also, Lance totally ignored my question when I asked him what he thought about Carl and Claude in Post #235.

Claude - Really wanted to get your reaction with his vote on you, but you did not oblige. Not sure how to read that from him, but he didn't really seem too interested in trying to go down that road anymore.

Carl
- Votes for Michael in Post #270. His reasoning was that he thought he was fishing for new players. This is such an odd vote. People kept saying this is why we were voting for Ken, but it wasn't, it was Ken's reaction to being questioned and how he doubled down on something that made no sense to most of us. Carl decides to just go "Yo, if you want to take out Ken for fishing, go for Michael instead guys."

Claude - Asks me why I would be interested in a Michael vote, post #278. I tell him I was in agreement with Lance's takes for most of the day and am town leaning there so I would be down for going after Michael with him because of that. Claude later follows up in #283 and thanks me for the recap. I found this interaction to be odd.

Asuka
- Says he would move to Michael in post #280, just after I had also expressed interest in moving there.

Michael - Votes for Ken, post #281. You pointed out that this post had a lot of bad vibes contained within it, and I agreed. This is probably the post that pushed me over the edge to vote for him, especially because he didn't have much else to say after or in response to people voting him.

Lance
- #282, this seems to be where he is deciding to vote for Ken over Michael. Mentions he doesn't like that Carl voted Michael. This is very strange to me though now in hindsight, because he has Carl in his "Would Not Vote Today" list and Michael in his "Would Vote Today" list. So... what's the problem with Carl voting for Michael exactly?

Ken
votes for Michael (self preservation), although he later tries to justify it as a real scum read in post #292. This goes against what he said immediately after, which is that self defense votes don't need explanations.

Niko switches from Tommy to Ken.

Asuka switches from Ken to Michael.

Lance switches from Michael to Ken.

Claude
switches from Catalina to Michael.

==============================

Ok, that gets me through post #300, going to take a break again and I'll be back for any final notes on EoD as well as my updated read list.

Ok, so when I voted for Michael, I said:
Trevor said:
Still unsure on Ken, but he's expanded on some of his thoughts here, and I think he's got a better hold on this game than Michael who seems like he's possibly faking it here.
This was Lance's reaction to that:
Lance said:
This is about the only vote I like on Michael. If Michael IS scum and I go down for it though that's a fine trade so it's all good.
Looking back now, I think your vote after your post about Michael was a good vote as well, but I would agree the others were kind of trash.

Claude's was ok, but Carl, Ken, and Asuka were all not good looks, Franklin and Niko moved to turbo with 1 minute left.

I guess I was maybe remembering this a bit differently, I actually did put down a decent enough reason compared to others even though it was something I came up with on the spot really.

Ok, since I really am having a hard time calling people Town right now, I felt sick looking back at my No Nulls list, I'm just going to put together a suspect list instead.

Not As Suspect As Others:
Franklin
Roman
Niko
Catalina (You would go here if I posted this in the thread)

Lesser Suspects:
Lance
Asuka
TommyV

Suspect List:
Ken
Huang
Carl
Claude

Re-read:

Lance gives me a feeling of a forced turnaround. Three townies at the races if he is Mafia?
I stand by Tommy being Town.
Ken being town and us having a SK puts us at 0-2 from endgame.
Asuka and Franklin shouldn't both be Mafia.
Huang vanished, that along with the masquerade is suspicious.
Niko gets to endgame.
There is a Claude? Oh yeah, did not remember the avatar. Hmm. Unsure. Relatively passive but actually observes the game imo.
Carl is an utter outsider to the crowd. There is the Franklin connection again. Is Franklin town?
lol roman

Lance - In post #214, questioning why we weren't voting for Asuka even though we had some thoughts about him. This was with 2.5 hours left in the day. Did he really expect us to pressure vote Asuka at this time? They were observations, ones that had not been taken up by any other players yet, but Lance wants to call us out for making them? I don't understand why.

Lance - Post #222, tells me that the Asuka conversation has potential merit, but then defends him and throws shade at us for talking about him without talking to him or voting for him. Ok Lance, that's a big pile of "I just said some words, but I don't actually believe them."

Claude
- Votes for you in Post #227. Obviously not the best vote in the world, the reasoning seems somewhat decent but possibly fake, but I'm not sure if Scum places that vote? I don't think anyone had mentioned you as being scummy.

Lance - Post #230, tells us that he'd rather see Michael over Ken "unless both do something as we ramp up to day end." I would say Ken did a lot more than Michael at EoD, yet that caused Lance to eventually switch to Ken? I do not know what to make of that complete change of heart yet.

Lance again - Post #243. Tells us that this is his Would Not Vote Today list:

What is this list? Especially Carl!? Why was Carl being taken off the table? Also, Lance totally ignored my question when I asked him what he thought about Carl and Claude in Post #235.

Claude - Really wanted to get your reaction with his vote on you, but you did not oblige. Not sure how to read that from him, but he didn't really seem too interested in trying to go down that road anymore.

Carl
- Votes for Michael in Post #270. His reasoning was that he thought he was fishing for new players. This is such an odd vote. People kept saying this is why we were voting for Ken, but it wasn't, it was Ken's reaction to being questioned and how he doubled down on something that made no sense to most of us. Carl decides to just go "Yo, if you want to take out Ken for fishing, go for Michael instead guys."

Asuka
- Says he would move to Michael in post #280, just after I had also expressed interest in moving there.

Ken
votes for Michael (self preservation), although he later tries to justify it as a real scum read in post #292. This goes against what he said immediately after, which is that self defense votes don't need explanations.

Lance in general has tossing shit around with an intention and I don't feel it has all been done in good faith. Some of it feels artificial and unreasonably accusatory.
Now that I come back to Claude's vote on me, the vote alone is nothing but he brings it up later and does not really follow through with it. And you mention that in a bit, heh. It is slightly odd but I wouldn't call it scummy yet.
Carl, hmm. If Carl, then Ken? The other way around, obviously.
Asuka, I feel, might've went with the tide a bit there. I don't like that.
And Ken really tried to get himself killed. Ain't an exact fit with panicking scum but it is at least half way there.

Lance gives me a feeling of a forced turnaround. Three townies at the races if he is Mafia?
Lance in general has tossing shit around with an intention and I don't feel it has all been done in good faith. Some of it feels artificial and unreasonably accusatory.
Yep, I'll be paying close attention to Lance for sure. It could have just been D1 nonsense, but some of those accusatory posts felt a bit theatrical to me. Will be interested to see his reads at the start of the day.
Carl, hmm. If Carl, then Ken? The other way around, obviously.
Yeah, if Ken goes down as Mafia, then Carl is going to look very suspect to me. He basically helped to pivot the game away from him with his Michael vote, and he was always on the side of not voting for Ken.

It's all good, this would have to be quite the bastard game for me to have any reason to lie to my Mason partner lol. I understand the sentiment though, especially with hidden identities being the key point of the game.

Well, here's to hoping we're both still alive.

If so, we shall reconvene in 48 hours, hopefully with some more answers to our questions.

If not, farewell, good luck, I'll cheer you on from the Spec thread.

<3

I don't think I've ever seen a Cop claim as Scum and tell the Town to hammer him before, so that was new.

Here were his reads. I don't think there's anything that obviously signifies a green check. He may have been roleblocked, I highly doubt he had a red check and didn't share it.
Trevor: Lean Town - Highest post count, which probably means he's town or a scum who likes to stick out his neck, but I'm going with the former
Niko: Lean town - His posts seem very reasonable to me
TommyV: Lean scum - Quick to try and get a train going on me - but what are the odds that we zero'd in on two scums so early on D1?
Claude: Lean town - Had very similar arguments to mine, so I'm going with my gut here
Asuka: Null - I was leaning scum early in the day, but I've changed my mind - can't fully commit to leaning town, though
Catalina: Null - Hasn't stood out that much for me
Carl: Town - Yes, I am town
Roman: Null - Hasn't stood out that much for me
Franklin: Weak Lean Town - I liked some of his D1 arguments, which unfortunately led me to my Michael vote, but I think that was just unfortunate
Huang: Null - Hasn't stood out that much for me

I think the best outcome would probably be me getting shot tonight. You are going to be a top target tomorrow, but if I flip then you can just claim and Town can try to figure out what's actually going on.

Right now I'm thinking Huang and Asuka is the Scum team.

If we're both alive, it might not be the worst idea to just claim tomorrow? We lost our cop, but we have 2 green checks still. We can really help to narrow down the field here by coming out with it tomorrow.

This was just a waste of a day. More. It ruins the next day as well. Maybe he was RB'd but claim ffs. Maybe he survives and tanks NK. Anything but this. Nothing can be concluded from this. Carl, you totally showed me, a mason. GJ.

CCMM??? I guess is the bit we get from this. All it does is eliminate 4T. Great.

Asuka is probably scum candidate number 1 for me.

There were soooo many posts from him today that were just not good.

He was going for the "told you so" on Carl being Town really hard. Was trying to get us to vote for Tommy first, because even though he was connecting Carl to Tommy, he said Tommy could be partners with lots, so lets go there first. All this does is set up a chain from Carl -> Tommy or Tommy -> Carl, no matter which we did first.

And who was he voting for? You! Who is Town! So he can still fall back on "Well, maybe I was just right about Catalina the whole time."

Nah, we're going Asuka tomorrow. He's done.

Another double this night is SK or VV. SK = 3T / 1T. VV = 0T or a 1T with a telepathic SK.

or something, my field of fucks is barren this harvest season

Michael - T
Lance - T
Carl - CC
Me and You - MM

Is that right? Doesn't that mean it's either 2 or 3 T? Because it could just be a V, meaning it was CCMMTTV. Otherwise, it was CCMMTTT, which gives us the SK instead?

Does that make sense? I don't know for sure if I'm understanding how the game is rolled.

Oh wait, I think I have my math wrong... Yeah, I don't know how the game is rolled lol.

I think yeah we need to see if there's another double kill.

I just want to die soon lol, the longer I last the less useful I get. If Scum knows that, then I'm already doomed to lead us to our failure.

You roll 7 numbers for town PRs, add the Mafia team + SK based on the amount of Ts rolled, and finally add more Ts to make the amount of players 13.

CC (cop) MM (us) ???. The additional kill comes from a SK or from a V.

No double means 1V, no SK or CCMMV?? in other words. 2T or 0T, but the Mafia comp is the same.

And then we enter into the speculation land about Town blocks and whatnot so nothing is conclusive before day start. Kill or no kill tells a lot, not all though.

Oh and as a completely other topic, once we reveal there is a very good possibility that Mafia knows the seed, since they know their own comp.

No double means 1V, no SK or CCMMV?? in other words. 2T or 0T, but the Mafia comp is the same.

And then we enter into the speculation land about Town blocks and whatnot so nothing is conclusive before day start. Kill or no kill tells a lot, not all though.
Ok yeah, that makes sense. I really hope we're dealing with a Vig in some form instead of the SK, that would make things rough.
Oh and as a completely other topic, once we reveal there is a very good possibility that Mafia knows the seed, since they know their own comp.
Ah, yeah I hadn't considered that. They have the blanks that we can't fill in yet.

I'll try to take a break and then come back and reread later and see if anything else sticks out to me. Asuka is basically 100% Scum in my mind though, I don't know how he isn't.

I'm not going to lie, I think I might ask for a replacement here.

I don't want to sound like I'm giving up, because it's not that at all. I'm fairly certain Asuka and Huang are Scum and if I was into it, I'd want to go after them tomorrow hard, but I've just been feeling like I'm not really in the mood for this game anymore when I go back and start reading stuff.

I'd rather do it sooner than later so that whoever takes over can have a chance to get caught up and talk to you in here during this night phase.

I'll wait a bit before I actually do it just to give myself a little longer to think, but my head is just not in this game right now, and I don't know how useful I can continue to be if I'm not in the right mood to play Mafia.

I have no interest in this at this point. I just want to fuck it all.

hey double modkill ends the game for sure

that'd be fun

I'm cool with one single play I think. Mass claim and kill Asuka. That or hero VV being a super Mafia murderer.

I'll see day start, express extreme discomfort and disinterest and then let town be town.

As much as I approve of that play and would love to partake in it, I just don't think I have the Mafia-playing energy to see it through. :/

Our Cop just told us to go fuck ourselves basically. So yeah, mass claiming and just murdering the sketchiest people, starting with Asuka, one by one, is about the best plan I can think of to deal with that.

-------

I'll ask for a replacement here just because I am too burned out on this one, but I wish you good luck in your endeavor.

For the record, you are one of my favorite players to play with even though this was only our second game together. Your posts always make me smile, and even though the attitude might rub some people the wrong way, I love it. Hope to play with you again soon! <3

----

And for my replacement...

USE IN CASE OF EMERGENCY:
kRIzJUX.gif

I understand your decision and it's all good. It was a pleasure, not only did I have fun playing with you, I was really impressed by your play, especially on day one. It certainly made me to do more in the game. It was fun.

And I am thankful for all the members of my fan club.

Fuck, so so sorry Trev and Catalina.

Tonight was a little stressful and I just forgot. No excuse though, I'm very sorry :(

Alright so we're probably both about to die but in case someone doesn't, the last scum is either Huang or Tommy, I'm thinking

This game. I just wanted a little game of rational solving but nooo. Does this mean that scum did not consider the seed? I don't see why else they'd do this. I think Franklin is the final scum now. That reacion to Roman's claim was so weird otherwise. He wouldn't make it as the SK, or at least that'd need so much forethougth about how things would go.

Claude has to be a vigi. He can only be the SK if some dumdum is still lying about his PR.

So that means Tommy or Huang for the SK. If we get to that point even.

4-1-1 devolves into:

2-1-1 town not in control, 1 townie known, no lynch and praise random.org
3-0-1 2/3 townies known, mylo, no lynch pointless
3-1-0 2/3 townies known, mylo, no lynch pointless
4-0-0 town win
3-1-1 2/3 townies known, lylo
3-1-1 (bp sk) 2/3 townies known, lylo
4-1-0 (bp sk) 3/4 townies known, no lynch pointless

I'd guess Huang for the SK. The sudden activity increase + the seed solving could mean that he realized that he could get a day thanks to the claims contradicting the seed. In addition in general he hasn't been really a notable part of the game at any point, apart from today I can't remember anything of note about him.

Cheers for pushing me about the math btw. That ended up being very helpful I think, even when the game proved me wrong again.

One scenario out of seven is bad, others are good or at least winnable. Sounds nice, but how likely are we to hit the one bad one? I'll think about this, so the game can prove me wrong, again.

We are now confirmed, as I think is Claude. Scum and SK know themselves and thus both have a 50/50 chance at worst for picking the right non-townie, should they choose to go that route. The question is, is that the route to choose? What is the path to win for the two meanie factions?

SK has the easier pick since they don't have to consider if the scummie is BP or not. Out of the cases where SK shoots scum, only one is winnable for them and that too requires either them to be BP or the scummie not to shoot them. Shooting town kills one confirmed townie and if scum hold the bargain, we enter the madness of case one, what might be SK's best case for winning. SK shouldn't pick that one though if they are not BP. If they are BP I think they win that? Not sure. Other options are still good for town and I don't think there is that much of a chance for the SK and scum to shoot the same townie.

Still BP SK shoots me, otherwise they try the 50/50.

Scum hmm. 2-1-1... no lynch, mafia wins if SK shoots town and mafia shoots SK. So SK wouldn't do that and thus nor would scum go for this. Notably, this was the Mafia-SK Agreement of Day Three and normally I'd think it was scum bait but it might be possible that scum don't agree with me about the nature of this case, what they shouldn't do imo. Still, if they shoot town they shoot you, as that minimizes the chance that the treaty partners hit the same target.

But should they try the 50/50? ...yes? Hmm. Though either side failing the 50/50 is bad for them, since that kills the one unconfirmed townie in play. 5/7 are town wins if that happens through the actions of either shooting party. Maybe we get 2-1-1 after all lol if both sides are afraid of fucking it up. Yeah. In some way the unpredictability of that one starts to sound rather nice now.

That's actually a good point. I'm curious if SK will take the bait for the double kill on us though. From both of their points of view it's arguably the safest. If they opt to go for someone else they could end up accidentally killing the SK/accidentally killing the last scum. What happens if there's 1 scum and 1 town remaining though, since that isn't majority.

1-0-1 is scum win. No majority can be achieved during the day votes and thus nobody gets lynched. During the night the final scummie shoots the final townie and wins.

what a horrible game

no resolution at this point would make me think otherwise

i'll just pretend that my chat was the real game and my chat won the game because it was the best chat

the end.

Top Bottom