Mason Thread Hug it Out

cabot

Why.
The tone of monkeys post is worrying because she's not giving a hard stance, which is usually mafia.

I also don't know why she's telling the Doctor to do something. This isn't a game containing new players. I dislike people trying to direct PRs

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
So what's the best way to use this?

I don't have any actual reads atm. Holding off on monkey read until end of day. Blarg is different. Faddy seems the same as i remember but i think it's been a while. Nin seems normal. Squid seems normal. Sorian seems a bit weird.

cabot

Why.
I just use this as an ongoing ramble of all thoughts and maybe clarification from you to see what you think.

Prepare for rambles.

Faddy does seem Town, this whole topic seems like normal Faddy behaviour.

What's weird about Sorian? he seems a bit restrained I guess but nothing particularly different.

cabot

Why.
lol nice read of us both buddy.

They'll understand when one of us flips.

Also, I'm pretty sure we've played with each other before.

cabot

Why.
It is alarming how such a big chunk of players are not present.

I don't have any scum reads today, just more hunches and good lynch choices from my perspective.

cabot

Why.
ugh, whats the plan if the lynch centres around you?

It has a feeling of it happening and I wont be there for the final hours.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
I'll be around and I'll try not to get drunk enough to get in trouble. I think I'll be alright though.

Do you think we've dropped enough hints that you'll be pinned immediately if I flip? If so, get out in front of it if you're really worried imo so at least one of us makes it to d2.

I'm not too worried though

cabot

Why.
something is off about CCS.

He's usually pretty frank and now he's saying he'd lynch you instead of chasing an inactive, which is his de facto day 1 position all the time.

cabot

Why.
He seems reluctant to speak, which is something he did in his first games but has improved on.

like he says you're scummy , I question, then he backtracks to say you're 'not right'

cabot

Why.
OK, we need to look at people who take credit for voting kawl with his amazingly scummy single post.

Also maybe people that distanced themselves from his lynch before deadline, as they wouldnt want to lost a team mate this early, despite the two kill advantage.

cabot

Why.
read back over it.

Feel town on: Darryl's alternative name, Monkey, CCS (he may be flipped tonight, scum should at least try with his soft claim), Dusk possibly

No change: squidy, Sorian (its easy to principle not lynch Kawl, hell it was my stance. It just happens to be convenient for scum also)

Feels bad: Kark doesn't look good at all. He voted when it was 3-1 to Kawl, then sparks did an instant vote to tie it 3-3 with Sorian.

Sparks could also be in the feel bad category, unfortunately its difficult to tell with his playstyle.

cabot

Why.
I don't feel kyan's vote really shifts his alignment either way right now.

It was one of the last ones, and it was a time where he decided he would be seen as more Town and they get the added lynch bomb bonus.

Out of all the Kawl votes, he's probably the one I feel is the most likely to be scum.

Blargs is null.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Hmm, i didn't feel anything from kark really. I still think Sorian looks bad though, was the first thing to argue people off kawl iirc. So not scum reading people voting sorian, but i catch your point. Nomad i don't love.

Kyan is giving me good feels. It was close enough that he could have pushed it to ccs and lynch bomb is better utilized later.

Topo going on CCS seemed good as well but maybe timing could be weird. Ultimately, I'd say town right now.

I had opposite feeling about darryl, thought he came out looking bad. Tried to organize a swing off kawl. I follow the thought process though.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Outergafia.net will be going offline in approximately 2 hours to make the change to outermafia.com. The change should take approximately an hour.

cabot

Why.
I'm not sure to be honest, would scum sorian not try to make a better case to get people off of voting Kawl?

cabot

Why.
what do you make of the different wording in the win con for scum?

something to keep in mind?

cabot

Why.
I'm struggling with monkey right now.

She's clearly trying to talk up her kawl push, despite it being absolutely based only on luck. It was reckless otherwise.

Her eagerness to be confirmed jailed is also interesting. Like Crimson says, who would really counter that after CeeCee flipped?

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Monkey I'm kind of leaning town on but i actually do think the way she voted kawl was suspect. I could take that "well, let's just do it" to be like kawl is not responsive... let's bus him for some cred. Then of course she would want that cred.

But i think her confirmation is kind of townie. A bit on that in the main thread. Scum monkey can keep you alive for confirmation probably

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
The roles seem to indicate there is definitely a non-scum neutral killing power.

Knowing there was a jailor in play, can't say if neutral or vig/vet.

cabot

Why.
Imagine if scum team did bus kawl and they're all on that fucking vote.

It's a bit of a ridiculous reaction, they'd be expecting a replacement at least and while a bomb is useful, it's not so good on a day one lynch.

I don't think many scum are on the Kawl wagon

cabot

Why.
what do you make of Darryl's uncertainty at day end?

I dunno looking through the saga, it reads pretty town to me, but it's just seeing Darryl be uncertain I guess. It's unusual.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
I read it pretty town. It was a quiet day end and his choice of targets made sense. Two minutes before deadline though sounds more like lipservice though.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
I'll go in on crimson if there's some argument. Kark I'm doubtful of. Would still like Sorian.

I'm a bit drunk and out drinking so will probably be not that present. Will follow if you're sure but not on a lonely kark vote like last time

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
But really, give a case and I'll vote it off you're confident. I'm still toward the inactives and ccs. Not lying in the thread. Am i off base, you think?

cabot

Why.
I mean wasting an inactive is alright at this stage, but it doesn't really help things for later phases.

I'll look at the CCS list.

I still feel Kark is probable scum. I didn't mention the timing thing until now, but it was something I noticed yesterday as it happened.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Blarg might be on to us.... But we've been so careful!

I can see the kark scum angle, but also the Sorian. And Sorian pulls followers so easily

cabot

Why.
I'm not ever gonna argue against Sorian being lynched, in my mind he's always one to extinguish before the game gets too close to end.

On this particular phase he isnt my top target.

Now would I let a lynch happen on him? absolutely.

Would I get involved on the wagon? Unsure.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
They got too crazy and frequent.

I would say sorry for not making it back but since it just ended in an override i guess I'm not sorry.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Better vote count for reference. Formatting didn't carry over but two post numbers means cancelled

Sorian (4)
Karkador 726
Dusk Soldier 980
nin1000 1044
Blargonaut 1083 1086
cabot 1148
Blargonaut 1149 1150

CrimsonFist (3)
Faddy 740 (764 revote, sp)
cabot 923 1004
Flatearthpandas 926
hey_monkey 1028 1145
Blargonaut 1130 1149
Sorian 1151

Nin1000 (3)
Sorian 998 1151
Kyanrute 1010
hey_monkey 1145
Blargonaut 1153

Blargonaut (1)
El Topo 1109

El Topo (1)
Blargonaut 724 745
Blargonaut 961
Nomadic Sparks 963
Blargonaut 1086 1130

No Vote (3)
Bronx-man
CrimsonFist
Darryl

Dusk Soldier (0)
Sorian 561 998
hey_monkey 902 1028
Blargonaut 910 961

Karkador (0)
cabot 619

Bronx-Man (0)
nin1000 630
flatearthpandas 903 926

squidyj (0)
Blargonaut 656 1082?

hey_monkey (0)
Faddy 719 740

cabot

Why.
It doesn't really make sense with monkey as scum, she could've easily saved Kawl.

Still though, I was pretty strongly town reading Blarg, why was he chosen?

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Although with darryl replaced i do believe Bronx and crimson gotta go. Probably open tomorrow with a vote on crimson. Would be nice if scum would flip one of the wagons for us.

I think there's still another killing role as well, OR shouldn't affect the scum win con

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
I don't like that she said she didn't want to vote out active players and then went against the vote to snipe an active player.

But still couldn't say it means she's scum.

cabot

Why.
Like I agree, Monkey has essentially wasted yesterday's phase.

If sorian was wasted, his flip would've told quite a lot.

Instead we get Blarg who had little heat and was being fairly Town.

Great.

cabot

Why.
And frankly, as slow as this game is, why would I vote out the people actually playing right now? Then the game gets quieter. I suspect Sorian but even if he's scum, we're not winning today by lynching him. i agree he isn't safe in endgame but neither are unreliable players.

lol im opening with quoting that post.

cabot

Why.
the logic in that post is all out bizarre, kawls the better lynch because he did fuck all?

Regardless of Sorian's flip, we learn quite a lot.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Uh oh, Sorian knows I'm talking behind the scenes.

Real talk, it looks scum could be just flipping kawl voters. We definitely need to clean up the ccs train, we definitely got scum there.

Question is... are there any busses? I could still read monkey's vote as a "fuck it let's bus!" But the only scenario where I see that playing is with scum Sorian guidance.

I may actually be in a tunnel there though, sounds crazy. Think there's a decent chance monkey is just monkey, no scum on kawl, def scum on ccs. Could be Sorian, could not.

cabot

Why.
oh yeah, sorry. Oops.

maybe. I seriously doubt we'd be alive in a 3-way lylo though.

I think theres a bit of tunneling going on with you and Sorian. I'm still unsure of him, but I'm not interested in turboing today.

Kark's push on Sorian even moreso is interesting.

Topo looks really bad just now, not even paying attention to the game.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
I think kark looks a bit better having kept on sorian through yesterday and today.

Nin not looking too hot. I'd want not or Sorian before topo.

Nomad before kark. I'll go through d2 again tomorrow probably

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
He seems similar to last game I played with. Just short bursts of light activity. Was town then. I felt he was looking for town, but not actively. Hard to really judge that at this stage.

Vote-wise he doesn't look good. Need to access re-read his posts before I would vote him though

cabot

Why.
its possible i could see a scum team of sorian + topo, sorian gave a shade-heavy defense which I'm not entirely convinced by.

He sort of has a point though, this has mostly been normal Topo, with perhaps the exception being how he didn't actually try to solve much yesterday, just insulted people and then went to Blarg.

cabot

Why.
ugh monkeys decision is so annoying now after looking at her readlist.

like it so nakedly dodgy that I feel like I'd have to lynch Sorian/Monkey just to clear up the mess.

cabot

Why.
doubt sorian can push you today, but it'd be fun claiming and seeing how he responds. He seems to town read me solidly.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
What i worry about with sorian is his tunnel. He got no traction on me d1. He's getting none now. But he keeps fighting for it regardless. But limply. If it's scum it isn't good scum. If it's town, it isn't good town.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Hmmmm.

Hm

Sorian could be town.

I'm going to stay there for a bit and hassle him but I'm feeling the nin lynch more and more

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
The only thing I'm convinced of if there is scum on ccs. I'm pretty confident everyone except monkey on kawl is town. Monkey I'm pretty sure of.

the rest of y'all are as good as scum

cabot

Why.
I'M SCUM MATE LYNCH ME.

Agreed, scum haven't touched that wagon at all. I confirmed that this morning.

Sorian had the same reason as I for Kawl, the only difference was he had his vote on CCS. I think nin/topo is the best bet today.

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
Very content with these trains competing. I'll probably just stick on sorian to be honest. If I'm conscious at day end i may hop but alcohol levels are warning unlikely

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
I'm alive. I think I'll set up a vote on nin just to avoid last minute fuckery. Looks like he's won it and kind of don't anyone is going to be dancing around when the consistent theme this game is punking people dancing around on the votes

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
We're in a good spot, really. I could see kark being scum. Faddy has been pretty meh for me.

I would expect faddy dead tonight. Why do you think it might be us?

flatearthpandas

Round Moon Bears
I doubt we have more protection so still expect faddy but whatever happens.

As long as neither of us get lynched I think we have enough material out for the other to claim convincingly if need be.

cabot

Why.
i think Terra and Kark are the next best shots at scum.

Knowing nin was scum and Sorian was very likely not scum (Can't see that as a nin bus on Day 2), Terra's reasons for voting Sorian were basically pulled out his arse.

Kark's tunnel on Sorian I've been scumreading, and I made my point how its easy to channel on someone you have legit beef with as scum, as it appears like a genuine argument which looks more town than scum.

Top Bottom