Risk Mafia

We can make Blackbeard automatically gain control of the territory if a player owning it is lynched, that would make it a bit easier I suppose.

Yeah I saw that. It also prevents players from just trying to conquer a bunch of territory too fast and may even prevent less deaths right away, unless a bunch of players decide to gang up on someone for no reason. xD However... I kind of wonder if any players will just straight up start day 1 with an attack. XD
It will definitely be interesting to see what strategies and alliances everyone makes

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
We can make Blackbeard automatically gain control of the territory if a player owning it is lynched, that would make it a bit easier I suppose.
LOL well we don't want to make it too easy for him. I'd allow it if there was some special condition, like his player had attacked that player previously or hammered their train.

Something piratey would work.

lokiduck

It will definitely be interesting to see what strategies and alliances everyone makes
100% Some players I know are going to be more cautious about it, but I also suspect we'll have players who will start out cannons blazing LOL.

LOL well we don't want to make it too easy for him. I'd allow it if there was some special condition, like his player had attacked that player previously or hammered their train.

Something piratey would work.
Hmm, I guess we can keep it this way and Blackbeard will try to inevitably have the final vote to gain that territory. Sounds fair.

lokiduck

Sounds good. Of course I want to see what Faddy thinks of this and in general if he thinks the neutrals balance out with the town and scum roles and how fair their win cons are.

Last edited:

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Sounds good. Of course I want to see what Faddy thinks of this and in general if he thinks the neutrals balance out with the town and scum roles and how fair their win cons are.

My feeling on the Risk stuff is that it is fair enough. I'm not specifically worried about balance here since there are so many possiblities that thinking out every scenario is not going to happen.

I think the neutrals win cons seem tough but enjoyable and enhance the Risk mechanics.

For me the mafia team is a little weak. 4 out of 26 is very low. I know they have the bonus of being able to co-ordinate attacks but I think they still lack numbers.

I would add 1 more mafia but I feel like I won't meet the sign up number, maybe I can buff them? I just don't know how many people would be interested in this kind of game

Faddy

I would add 1 more mafia but I feel like I won't meet the sign up number, maybe I can buff them? I just don't know how many people would be interested in this kind of game

If you want to stick with the same numbers then perhaps moving a town role into mafia would work. 18 vs 8 (including neutrals) is still ok for town I think.

Hmm, I'll add another mafia player, I think it's better balance wise, I'll just have to invite people to fill the game lmao.

I'm thinking someone polynesian or at least from that side of the map because it's missing representation, King Kamehameha maybe?

The map is completely missing Hawaii though hmmm, well added him either way, even if I change the name it'll be someone from there. Roleblocker for 2 shots with a good bonus

Last edited:

lokiduck

Added another mafia player to the team seems like a good idea. :D And making them as a roleblocker works too.

lokiduck

Neat! :D I look forward to reading them.

Also do you want fake claims for the scum team, or do you think they can get away with their flavor names? I think some of them might be able too... honestly the bigger issue might be the role claims.

I can make up some flavor although I think easily they could get away with just claiming actual flavor, as for role claims I think they can get creative, I don't think I should make up fake roles like I did in HVV2.

lokiduck

Ah okay then. Yeah I feel like Nobunaga and Wu Zeitan might be fine, so you can probably get away with letting scum figure out any fake claims they want.

(Speaking of Nobunaga... my avatar on Era is the fate version right now. XD)

Ah okay then. Yeah I feel like Nobunaga and Wu Zeitan might be fine, so you can probably get away with letting scum figure out any fake claims they want.

(Speaking of Nobunaga... my avatar on Era is the fate version right now. XD)
I was rereading HVV2 and noticed haha, you have a nice avatar here too.

lokiduck

XD nice. And thanks. I wanted to change my avatar here to something else until my first game starts (since Vere and I have plans for that :D)

This is actually fan art of Fate's Carmilla (from the novel about the Vampire based on Elizabeth Bathory) who is one of my faves.

lokiduck

Faddy

I think the role pms are good, I think they are fine without any additional flavour.

Geno you are very good at writing your flavour on day start and end. So I would keep all your satiracal stuff for that.

I think the section of Risk rules needs a re-work. The part about generals needs to be at the top. That is the most important part because it details how people can die in the game.

I think the role pms are good, I think they are fine without any additional flavour.

Geno you are very good at writing your flavour on day start and end. So I would keep all your satiracal stuff for that.

I think the section of Risk rules needs a re-work. The part about generals needs to be at the top. That is the most important part because it details how people can die in the game.
That's fair, I'll put it at the top. After that if loki also thinks they're ok is there anything else I need to do? I don't think so right?
Edit: I also put the lynched players' territory as 2nd. I think the others should be in correct order

Last edited:

lokiduck

Read the Role PM stuff.

Rule V needs to have some paragraph spacing, Big blocks of text with no paragraph breaks make people want to skip over it. I assume you'll have the attack commands highlighted in red so players can see it?

Might be good to include a space between rules too.

T-Rex's role PM also could use some paragraph breaks, but otherwise it all looks good :D

Like the fog bonus for Kamehameha

Read the Role PM stuff.

Rule V needs to have some paragraph spacing, Big blocks of text with no paragraph breaks make people want to skip over it. I assume you'll have the attack commands highlighted in red so players can see it?

Might be good to include a space between rules too.

T-Rex's role PM also could use some paragraph breaks, but otherwise it all looks good :D

Like the fog bonus for Kamehameha
Good points, will do all. So now I think we're done.

Yeah, thanks a ton both of you for the quick review. I mean unless you have any other comments you want to make, if so feel free.

lokiduck

I don't really think there are any changes that need to be made. However, I can help you game watch since this game will be crazy as fuck to mod I assume >:D

lokiduck

Haha nice, like a fun fact on the post, that'd be fun.
Fun fact: The first false Dimitri who claimed to be the lost son of Ivan Grozny was shot after it was revealed he was Polish and didn't speak any Russian. His body was burned and shot via a cannon at Poland.

nin has been replaced. We are currently seeking a replacement.

Fun fact: The first false Dimitri who claimed to be the lost son of Ivan Grozny was shot after it was revealed he was Polish and didn't speak any Russian. His body was burned and shot via a cannon at Poland.

nin has been replaced. We are currently seeking a replacement.
Yup, great stuff haha. If you want you can also be in charge of attacks on territories while I'm away if you'd like.

lokiduck

Yup, great stuff haha. If you want you can also be in charge of attacks on territories while I'm away if you'd like.
Lol that might be a bit too much but by then I should have game running experience so I can probably do it. o7

lokiduck

Yeah just saying, if you feel like you don't have time or don't want to that's perfectly fine.
We'll see what's happening when the game happens, but in theory I should be able to do it since even when I'm working I have decent free time.

I'm a introverted night owl so I should be fine. I'll probably work better when I'm cohosting anyways since we can watch in shifts if need be. I've been doing that for Fran this game, though he's handling everything mod wise.

Alright, great. Considering you are running the approved game next and it's been around 3 months since approval I'm guessing this should fall end july to start august.

Faddy

Yeah, thanks a ton both of you for the quick review. I mean unless you have any other comments you want to make, if so feel free.

I'll have a final read over after dinner.

I don't think there will be any issues. Past the test of having the right number of town to mafia I feel like the more complex a game is the less a reviewer can or needs to drill down into the detail.

I think you have a proven track record of making complicated but really fun games. So I also have a lot of trust in your concept working out.

I'll have a final read over after dinner.

I don't think there will be any issues. Past the test of having the right number of town to mafia I feel like the more complex a game is the less a reviewer can or needs to drill down into the detail.

I think you have a proven track record of making complicated but really fun games. So I also have a lot of trust in your concept working out.
That means a lot, thank you.

Faddy

Edits:

Alexander the Great -The Bonus for owning it is gaining a 2nd 2nd in command and losing them if you lose the territory. (remove extra 2nd)

Kamehameha - change territories to territory

And 1 clarification. Nobunga is investigation immune. Does that mean Godfather or does the command fail. And if the command fails is the shot refunded?

I'm still not 100% happy with the rules formatting. I will try to edit for clarity

Faddy

I'm not sure what this means, specifically the bold part.

VIII. Some players have 2nd’s in command which count for 2 battalions when attacking and defending(thus need to be attacked with 2 battalions to die, they also roll 2 dice when defending). These can be moved and defeated like normal after the rest of the battalions the general was in are defeated.

I think this also needs cleaned up. There is more info in the brackets than outside.

IX. Some players can also attack in nights Not shown at players(Mafia's kill is essentially that but they can't lose from the defender. The one who does the kill gains the territory of the defeated player, if they want they can name it a puppet territory that belongs to them and they can attack with it privately but it's unknown to who it belongs. Long range mafia kills install 2 battalions instead of moving from a territory already owned.)

It fails and the shot is refunded yeah, the bolded means that you can change the position of the 2nd in command, the general part in it is a mistake, should be 2nd in command and it means that he dies last just like the general. The last rule I guess could be split in 2, a public one and a mafia shown only one. That makes more sense. The changes are very good, I'll use them.

Faddy

Sorry for the slight delay Geno.

Those last couple of rules are cleared up. I think this is good to go.

@lokiduck do you have anything to add here?

Faddy

vNXY4Qx.png

Top Bottom