Costume Party - Spectator Thread

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I will say this - there was originally a role in here from Fran about guessing identities that I replaced with something else at the 11th hour, primarily because Faddy thought it would lead to way too much metagaming analysis. (Think his Febe powerpoint but more because you had to identify multiple players). I'm really glad I did swap because there are some surprising entrants that would've been super unfair to try and guess, and some entrants that never would've stood a chance at getting correct guesses had they RNGed into the role.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, a role like that would make sense if it was all veterans playing together, then I think it could be really fun. Like an invitational game or something lol. But if it went to anyone that's even slightly new, or even an old-timer that hasn't played in a while, it's going to make that role kind of unfair to them or to the person who might have to identify them.

Franconp

Frank
Can we bet on how many players Will roleplay as Blarg D1? I'm betting 3.

I will say this - there was originally a role in here from Fran about guessing identities that I replaced with something else at the 11th hour, primarily because Faddy thought it would lead to way too much metagaming analysis. (Think his Febe powerpoint but more because you had to identify multiple players). I'm really glad I did swap because there are some surprising entrants that would've been super unfair to try and guess, and some entrants that never would've stood a chance at getting correct guesses had they RNGed into the role.

I really liked that role. But originally I would post the list of players and reveal who dies each day so the player would have a smaller base to guess every day. With the secret signups it wouldn't work. And I love the idea of the secret signups.

Natiko

Can we bet on how many players Will roleplay as Blarg D1? I'm betting 3.

I really liked that role. But originally I would post the list of players and reveal who dies each day so the player would have a smaller base to guess every day. With the secret signups it wouldn't work. And I love the idea of the secret signups.
Yeah, it was a neat idea. I tried to at least do it justice with a spin on a different role (thanks to an ace suggestion from Faddy).

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Looking forward to this.

I have a suggestion. If you want to make it easier for people to use proper pronouns then use preferred pronouns as the player's tag. Then everyone will see them.

Natiko

Looking forward to this.

I have a suggestion. If you want to make it easier for people to use proper pronouns then use preferred pronouns as the player's tag. Then everyone will see them.
Great idea!

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Zombie said:
I don’t know if Rey got their PM, Natiko
Zombie is Chugg, this is a Chugg Joke.

However, let's do a little bit more analysis for fun, even though that's all I need to confirm it really.
Zombie said:
Hello does anyone have any brains for me to snack on
Zombie said:
Zombie said:
Zombie said:
Banana’s are good. Third place to brains and flesh but still good
Notice what's missing in all of these posts? There is no punctuation at the end, no period marking the end of the sentence.

Let's take a look at some Chugg posts from the Mafia OT.
TheChuggernaut said:
I'm here to chew ass and kick bubblegum
TheChuggernaut said:
You too Stove
TheChuggernaut said:
Yeah, town kind of just limped to the finish on that one
No punctuation at the end of the sentence.

Now, there are some cases where Chugg of course does use punctuation at the end of his sentences. Hypothesis: Chugg doesn't always punctuate when he is typing on his phone, but at a computer when using a keyboard he will always write full, complete, punctuated sentences.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Fanto you shouldn't had asked for spec publicly, someone may had cosplayed as you

d8geqou-be9f6f1b-3fde-4b4c-ac8e-dd6933201a55.gif

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Fanto you shouldn't had asked for spec publicly, someone may had cosplayed as you

d8geqou-be9f6f1b-3fde-4b4c-ac8e-dd6933201a55.gif
Aeleus did that in the GTA Mafia costume game, posting my Chloe gifs. I'm pretty sure Monkey thought they were me and I was Sorian lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Part of me is desperately hoping that Daenarys is just Pirate Bae having way too much fun lmao.

Either way, Daenarys is my favorite player so far.

I also had the exact same read progression as Fran did on Rey: Sparks -> Blarg -> Someone RPing as Blarg

turmoil7

at least from spec all the costumes blend together for me, hard to assign personas to them

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I was going to say that Daenarys could be Bae or Melon. The posting style reminded me of them.
Yes, it could be Melon too, that's a good call.

I'm thinking Banana might be Fowl Playa? There were a few posts where it felt like the kinds of analysis he was making in whatever game it was he played in... was it Avatar I think?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Wait, but now Dracula just shortened "not a good look" to "nagl", which is something Fowl Playa did too!

Hmm....

turmoil7

is there any first time player or just some long hiatus returnees?

how many? just out of curiosity

Natiko

is there any first time player or just some long hiatus returnees?

how many? just out of curiosity
There’s no 100% newbies but some players have only played in one game with us before this I think. There are three players that have barely played since the move to Era IIRC

Franconp

Frank
I think that Clown is Monkey. Several post in row instead of multiquote is what Monkey usually do when she is catching up.

There’s no 100% newbies but some players have only played in one game with us before this I think. There are three players that have barely played since the move to Era IIRC

Then, I'm leaning for Launchpad being in the game. He was a replacement in Nier and didn't get in.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'm going to admit that I'm totally just skimming the posts, but I like the activity level and content that I'm seeing in there so far, feels like a healthy D1 is brewing.

Natiko

I'm going to admit that I'm totally just skimming the posts, but I like the activity level and content that I'm seeing in there so far, feels like a healthy D1 is brewing.
It’s not too bad for a weekend phase!

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok yeah, Dracula is definitely Fowl Playa, based on the use of abbreviations.

So, for my identity reads, this is what I have so far:
Daenarys: Bae or Melon
Dracula: Fowl Playa
Rey: Blarg or someone roleplaying as Blarg
Zombie: Chugg

Can't wait to find out I'm wrong about all of these lol.

turmoil7

Maybe clown is captainNuevo, I don't think it's very likely he is playing but some posts give me the vibes. I've also thought he could be Alexem trying to soften his style.

But cuppa would change the avatar to Ronald :mcdonalds:

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ok, I'm back to thinking Rey is Sparks now.

I also think Barney is Salva.

Still hoping to be right about Baenarys.

Franconp

Frank
Not sold on Sparks for Rey. Those were a very like Sparks posts but there are others that don't. Leaning for someone roleplaying.

I think that Barney could be Nin.

Natiko

That sure was a day end. Said mysterious player has access to here with their costume and their regular account. We shall see if they appear, and if they do if they reveal themselves.

Natiko

Night actions are all in at least initially. Almost went real bad for mafia but targets changed lol

turmoil7

hope scum can get some mislunches, it's always a bummer when there is a day 1 lunch, takes tension away

Clown

Costume Account
I am a sad clown. I see scum, I cry. A dead vampire and then killing a good mislynch. Ouch. Could be worse, at least they got a cop as some sort of a morale boost.

Natiko

Oh you’re right, I didn’t advocate for it being added - I advocated it not be the role that got changed. There were two ‘cop adjacent’ roles. That’s the one that made it through unscathed. I just remembered making a point to have it in the game because weak roles are fun lol

Fanto

Confirmed Town
That should have been easier for me to figure out but it was the recap/analysis posts that made it obvious, same thing she did in Love Boat 3.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
This is what I get for not actually really reading people's posts until something catches my eye and makes me wonder about their identity lol.

I've got nothing otherwise, same list as before.

Cereal Killer: Monkey
Daenerys: Melon
Rey: Sparks

Natiko

This is what I get for not actually really reading people's posts until something catches my eye and makes me wonder about their identity lol.

I've got nothing otherwise, same list as before.

Cereal Killer: Monkey
Daenerys: Melon
Rey: Sparks
You are not 100% right.

Faddy

Oh, and here's another hot take:

Bob Ross is either Sorian or Faddy.

I'm not going to tell you who people are but I can confirm that I am not Bob Ross. Although being in the game and the spec thread would be a great role...

There is a reason this thread is squeaky clean of spoilers.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I think Spider-Man is Reki because of the questions and general posting style, but I'm also kind of cheating based on the lack of pronouns since I believe they went with that for the last game too.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Was I just completely not paying attention Cereal Killer on D1? She's so obviously Monkey it hurts lol.

Clown

Costume Account
I get a very strong feeling that I should know who Kool is but I can't pinpoint the identity there. I had a guess about CK and a idea about Obama. The others, no freaking clue. The anonymous sign-ups really made the guesses hard.

Natiko

I will say the pronouns are not all what some typically identify as.

turmoil7

Waving around a gun is far too brash for Blarg.

Who should Kool Aid shoot?
Maybe kool aid is coolestspot, then?

I'm not following but, Obama isn't posting? He can't keep getting away with it

hope scum can get some mislunches, it's always a bummer when there is a day 1 lunch, takes tension away
usually it means scum has better statistical odds to win

i was trying to get my roots in deep there but i absent mindedly scum slipped at the very start lmao

Faddy

usually it means scum has better statistical odds to win

i was trying to get my roots in deep there but i absent mindedly scum slipped at the very start lmao

It was a super tough position with so many people on you.

Personally I didn't think it was much of a slip since it is obviously 4 people in the scum team.

At least you were only a goon.

Top Bottom