Spectator Thread The Protagonist Penthouse

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
Gorlak giving me some bad vibes. I don’t think I’ve played with him since the old place, so it took me a bit to get a read, but he’s pretty sus.

Maol, Gorlak, Leo, and for a fourth, I’m at a loss. I don’t buy Hawthorn being scum; either she’s just town or she’s evolved to another level of play, because she is seeming super genuine so I’d leave her for later. I’d sooner believe Geno is scum, and I don’t believe he is either. ATP seems pretty townie. Excluding the confirmed town, the rest are a toss up.

588.jpg

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I mean, honestly, with this role, I don't see why Town would want to kill ATP here. They still get to see the person's flip, whoever he kills, they'll just all know that he now has their win condition, role, and alignment. So yeah, if the person flips Scum, that sucks for him but Town can finish him off. If they flip Town, they didn't lose anyone because ATP becomes them. The downside is Scum knowing ATP's role I guess? I don't know, just seems like it's a wasted day to vote him out now in my opinion, just let him do his thing or let Scum kill him if they want, don't vote for him though.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
So Geno's town? Not totally sold on it. Bad for ATP, tho

Honestly both roles seem like something out of a Geno game, that's why I leaned towards scum having a role cop and Geno making up the rest of the claim

turmoil7

Another option: Geno's a scum bomb trying to take confirmed townie before going explosive

Mmnnn no I don't see it

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Geno being a Scum Role Cop and fabricating all this stuff would make sense, yeah. He might have even scanned Maol on N1 and saw he had a passive ability or something, so just made up the RB as something Maol couldn't confirm for sure.

I mean, honestly, with this role, I don't see why Town would want to kill ATP here. They still get to see the person's flip, whoever he kills, they'll just all know that he now has their win condition, role, and alignment. So yeah, if the person flips Scum, that sucks for him but Town can finish him off. If they flip Town, they didn't lose anyone because ATP becomes them. The downside is Scum knowing ATP's role I guess? I don't know, just seems like it's a wasted day to vote him out now in my opinion, just let him do his thing or let Scum kill him if they want, don't vote for him though.
Or they can come to an agreement not to lunch him if he doesnt use his possess ability. His wincon is to survive til endgame. Town doesnt kill him and its unlikely Scum will waste a kill on him, so he could kinda skate by. Thats also an option.

Sorry for the alignment spoiler but i want to have a little fun in here at least lol

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Also I'm finally going to drop a bunch of hot takes in here now that I'm not staying quiet to preserve the secret of my mentee's alignment.

Maol... is Town.

Gorlak... is Town.

Geno... is Scum.

Zeke... is Scum.

Pancakes... is Town.

Z-Beat... is Scum.

Malus... is Town.

Leo... is Scum.

Hawthorn... is Town.

Stu... is Town.

Yeah this is like, a really rough spot for a newbie. I know what it feels like getting caught as a Neutral too, it's awful, you're all alone out there. :(((
Me too! Ive only replaced as a neutral but i didnt read the thread and it bit me in the ass when i fake claimed.
8/8 Town. Ive never been scum.
So im living vicariously while reading their chat. My only experience watching scum play lol

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
Wow, things got exciting while I wasn’t looking!

That’s a tough break for ATP, but he was doing so well up until now. Can’t fault him for folding there. That said, there’s still time and we know town just loves leave neutrals alive to their own detriment, so maybe there’s a chance he skates out of this one!

turmoil7

yeah Geno's scum 100%, he has done all the stuff he does as scum when trying to get an extra day

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Regardless of Geno's alignment (which I'm pretty sure is Scum) he is definitely flailing right now and it is, as they say, not a good look.

turmoil7

Has anyone actually ever seen a town Geno to know what town Geno would do?
:pikathink:
Geno was town in Berserk mafia where an incredible situation emerged. Terraforce(weak cop) was framed by scum and wrongly red checked by Geno(cop) on N1.

We mislunched Terra, and Geno the next day. That game had some wild swings, it went from a lost cause to town to almost being a town victory, to finally being decided by night actions on N7 or N8.

Moral of the story: Never trust zipped

SalvaPot

YEAH
ATP has an easy out if it's true the role is also a Janitor. Just not using the role means he just needs to survive, and everyone would know he has not used the role yet because there was no cleaned role during the night. Also Geno is spewing BS in the liability post, ATP is effectively a vigilante we can confirm.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
That's been a ride to read through. Agreed that Geno's not looking so good right now - I'd be inclined to think that scum would benefit more from having a role cop in a madness game and the whole 'random factor' part of the claim seems a little too convenient. Even if the claim's true, I'm not sure how I'd feel about a player that could hurt town at random being left around for too long.

ATP's handling the exposure well, but he could be a dangerous one to keep around. Aside from the fact that relying on a neutral's risky for town at the best of times, the potential for him removing a town player or getting the scum wincon is hardly ideal. I'd be inclined to whack ATP today and turn up the heat on Geno tomorrow.

turmoil7

I'm sorry ATP, you did well.

This scumteams either wins without lunches or everyone will fall once the first one does

Geno/Leo/Zeke/malus

Damn that was a lot of fun! Though rolling neutral was pretty tough for me gotta say.

I really hope Geno is scum after i just went in hard on him after he exposed me lol.

I hope Leo is scum too.

My scum guesses
Geno
Leo
Malus

I tried my best to talk my way out of it but no one bar pancakes seemed interested in listening to me.

But yeah that was a blast, definitely down to stick around and play more.

Also gutted that I really felt sparks and hedin were not scum but ultimately helped get rid of them at the last second.

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
Damn that was a lot of fun! Though rolling neutral was pretty tough for me gotta say.

I really hope Geno is scum after i just went in hard on him after he exposed me lol.

I hope Leo is scum too.

My scum guesses
Geno
Leo
Malus

I tried my best to talk my way out of it but no one bar pancakes seemed interested in listening to me.

Also gutted that I really felt sparks and hedin were not scum but ultimately helped get rid of them at the last second.
Do not worry about Hedin and Sparks. You’ll have ample opportunity to screw up even bigger in the future!
:laughing:

I hope Leo is scum too.

My scum guesses
Geno
Leo
Malus

I'm glad you're down to play some more games with us! Honestly, you probably experienced one of the most difficult scenarios that one could ever experience in this game: Neutral on your first roll AND being checked by a role cop. Everything else will be a whole lot easier going forward haha
You did very well, and you seem like a natural at this thing of ours :)

I'm glad you're down to play some more games with us! Honestly, you probably experienced one of the most difficult scenarios that one could ever experience in this game: Neutral on your first roll AND being checked by a role cop. Everything else will be a whole lot easier going forward haha
You did very well, and you seem like a natural at this thing of ours :)

Yeah I've never played before but always been curious knowing the themes of these games.

I really would have kept my deal with town too, but after I saw everyone bar pancakes and maol basically express I had to go I kind I'd decided then, if it gets to 6 votes I'll just launch myself.

Though going by your comment above I'm adding zeke to scum.

I thought he might have just been town that fancied himself a poirot but was more a clouseau. But i can definitely see him being on of those comment's above lol

Alright, since this game might be ending soon, I'll tell ya'll what happened on Night 1 in spoilers for those that want to know.
Alignments of some players inside:
Gorlak used Companion on Malus, making them both commuters for a night and it also redirects Malus' night action to Gorlak... Malus used TRACK, and so he saw that Gorlak had visited him lol
Kyan used Heal on himself. Scum targeted him. Thus, the no kill.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Thanks! I had a really good mentor in fanto who really helped me understand the game.
Sorry you got caught like that, it's no fun being exposed as a Neutral. Like I said in Mentor chat a few days ago, Town usually does not trust Neutrals, and now you see what I meant lol.

In general, I think you played great! You took to the game pretty quickly and were being Town as Fuck out there in my opinion. Words can not express how proud I was seeing you with the most posts on D1 and then coming in to D2 with a pre-typed post you made overnight, stuff of legends right there lol.
definitely down to stick around and play more.
Well luckily for you, the next game is sure to be a great one and I would love to see you sign up for it! :)

turmoil7

I saw that and immediately thought of hawthorne too lol, from the glimpses I've seen (trying to avoid scary gifs) I definitely suspected Geno but hawthorne fooled me :(
Era has a feature to disable images loading automatically

Makes some games playable on mobile

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'll echo the thoughts of everyone else, you played pretty well with the hand your were dealt with ATP. You even got extra unlucky because if Geno wasn't getting pressure then scum wouldn't have really had a reason to out you as keeping you around made their win condition a bit easier.

Geno and Co were already trying position cp as scumnfir suggesting not launching me. Hopefully town is smart enough to see through it. But honestly I'm not sure they are lol

Sorry you got caught like that, it's no fun being exposed as a Neutral. Like I said in Mentor chat a few days ago, Town usually does not trust Neutrals, and now you see what I meant lol.

In general, I think you played great! You took to the game pretty quickly and were being Town as Fuck out there in my opinion. Words can not express how proud I was seeing you with the most posts on D1 and then coming in to D2 with a pre-typed post you made overnight, stuff of legends right there lol.

Well luckily for you, the next game is sure to be a great one and I would love to see you sign up for it! :)

Tbh this game consumed me in a way I wasn't expecting lol. After d1 ended I spent most of n1 just in my going over what everyone said and who voted who lol. I was laying in bed thinking, I need to start writing all these thoughts down!

Then gorlak said something like if I was expecting to survive the night and immediately thought doh, maybe have pre prepared messages isn't the greatest look lol

Tbh this game consumed me in a way I wasn't expecting lol. After d1 ended I spent most of n1 just in my going over what everyone said and who voted who lol. I was laying in bed thinking, I need to start writing all these thoughts down!

Then gorlak said something like if I was expecting to survive the night and immediately thought doh, maybe have pre prepared messages isn't the greatest look lol
Yeah, you know what, you bring up a good point and moving forward i will definitely be informing players if they were killed in the night after night actions locked, just in case they want to write something up before Day Start. I used to prep long posts beforehand but stopped doing that b/c many game runners dont inform and it sucks to write all that up and not be able to post it

SalvaPot

YEAH

Nah just remember that everything you say WILL be twisted and make it seem like you are scum. This game is about taking heat and redirecting it someone else, any action will make you sus, so you just have to roll with it and flip it back x).

SalvaPot

YEAH
I'll say, yeah, kyan "Believes" Geno so they wouldn't kill kyan unless Geno wants to use that as a 300 IQ defense.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
My guess is that I was dead when Salva flipped. No reason scum couldn't piece it all together at that point.

turmoil7

Out of curiosity how long is the down time between games? Not that I'm eager to jump right into another one or anything :p
Usually from some days to less than a week from when a game ends, depending on how fast the roster of players is filled

From time to time it takes a little longer because a season "ends" and there is need to review it and schedule the next one, buy this season just started.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Nice gutsy move from Pancakes there. All things considered, I'd agree that putting the pedal to the metal on Geno's the best move right now - especially while he's the one that's pushed for a mass claim.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Nice gutsy move from Pancakes there. All things considered, I'd agree that putting the pedal to the metal on Geno's the best move right now - especially while he's the one that's pushed for a mass claim.
Yeah, she really put Geno in the spot, and town is desperate for a leader right now. The fact that Geno is voting himself gives me pause, this is clearly a play to protect someone, but who?

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
The fact that Geno is voting himself gives me pause, this is clearly a play to protect someone, but who?
I'm sure I've seen Geno self-voting when he's ready to fold before - I can imagine that he might have volunteered to go under the bus last night if the heat got turned up on him.

SalvaPot

YEAH
I'm sure I've seen Geno self-voting when he's ready to fold before - I can imagine that he might have volunteered to go under the bus last night if the heat got turned up on him.
Yeah, he probably wants to get it over with instead of letting town connect more players to him.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah if Geno does flip Scum then Hawthorn goes up high on the list.

I still think Zeke is Scum too. *truffleshuffle*

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
Hawthorn coming out to bat for geno hard...

2yMVoOH.gif
Yeah if Geno does flip Scum then Hawthorn goes up high on the list.

I still think Zeke is Scum too. *truffleshuffle*
See, Hawthorn would definitely bus if her teammates were folding like Geno is here. When she avoided voting for me in previous games, it was because I still had a chance of not getting lynched. If Geno and Hawthorn are indeed on the same team, and I think they are, they must both folding and trying to put up a smokescreen for scum!Maolfunction... I think. Maol still hasn’t been sitting right with me, and I’ve only written him off just because I couldn’t believe Geno and him would be on the same scum team the way they’ve been interacting.

Anyway, I haven’t been right yet, so what the hell do I know? I joked about it in Risk, but I am actually bad at scumhunting.

:laughing:

Fanto

Confirmed Town
See, Hawthorn would definitely bus if her teammates were folding like Geno is here. When she avoided voting for me in previous games, it was because I still had a chance of not getting lynched.
I present to you Hawthorn's vote for Kawl in Risk on the day Stan flipped Scum:

This is what I'm thinking of, blatantly voting for someone other than her teammate at EoD. That was like, just a hella Scummy move and shot her to the top of my Scum reads in that game after Stan flipped Scum. I see this move now as similar but being deployed much earlier, it's her setting up the chance for Geno to not get flipped today and instead waste more time by going for Maol who plenty of people are still suspicious of as well, even if it just makes Geno look worse the next day.

Compare Maol and Geno in this game, Geno looks scummier by like every possible metric in my opinion. Maol has had some moments of brilliance shine through where he's really analyzing things well. Geno has mostly been flailing, even after claiming and saving himself with a sketchy-ass role claim, that does not earn any Town points in my mind. Possibly even negative Town points because all he really gave were Role Cop results on a non-Mafia player, and Role Cop is pretty often a Scum role around here.

At this point I completely get maols frustration. I can't believe people are still buying geno.

I guess its possible I've severely misread geno and he is town, but I won't believe it till TP says it.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Compare Maol and Geno in this game, Geno looks scummier by like every possible metric in my opinion. Maol has had some moments of brilliance shine through where he's really analyzing things well. Geno has mostly been flailing, even after claiming and saving himself with a sketchy-ass role claim, that does not earn any Town points in my mind. Possibly even negative Town points because all he really gave were Role Cop results on a non-Mafia player, and Role Cop is pretty often a Scum role around here.

I don't think it is as clear as you say it is. Geno is talking whereas Maol just gave up. Maol supposedly went for a Hail Mary with the Zipped steal but he bungled up his reasoning for it. His moments of brilliance matter little when he currently exhibits none of those qualities - he's just a second Geno now.

Had we mislunched Geno last night, we would be MyLo right now, since ATP would have definitely removed Ambulance from the game. And let's not forget, he did lead us to two townies dead in one day, intentionally or not, who knows.

giphy.gif

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?
I present to you Hawthorn's vote for Kawl in Risk on the day Stan flipped Scum:
While I don't have much to refute your other points and the analysis could be correct for all I know, the key difference with Hawthorn's Risk Kawl vote is that Stan was asleep and we were unable to coordinate anything when she was pressed to put a vote down; that was maybe a bad call at the time, but none of us could really offer an alternative and the fallout from Stan did end up coming back around on Terra and Hawthorn. In this game, where Hawthorn has put a vote down on Maol, there was ample opportunity for Geno to say "ok i'm going under the bus" and coordinate that effort. I have a lot of faith that scum!Hawthorn wouldn't put herself out there so obviously by throwing her vote away on Maol when no one else has put a vote there in the current phase and risk looking awful when Geno flips scum, unless she's looking ahead on the curve and seeing that she's next after Geno flips regardless. I also have enough faith in Geno to advise the same.

I don't think it is as clear as you say it is. Geno is talking whereas Maol just gave up. Maol supposedly went for a Hail Mary with the Zipped steal but he bungled up his reasoning for it. His moments of brilliance matter little when he currently exhibits none of those qualities - he's just a second Geno now.
Yeah, compare Maol's presence the last few day phases with this day phase, as well. Having been in that position of tap dancing to try to avoid being lynched myself, then being able to pull back when suspicion has turned towards someone else, I'm absolutely seeing all of that in Maol right now.

Top Bottom