HYPE CHAT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I feel so bad if Reki is town because that was a SHIT ton of work for nothing. I had to stop reading half way through...lol. Maybe once I get back to my PC I'll try to respond to a little.
LOL it would be. But I don't think Reki is town.

This feels really like Reki-Vere-Pancakes here.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
If we can't get the money together for the phone for you, you should give it to rac because he can double it, I think. IF that happens, I think you should claim because that will make you pretty much confirmed town, and helps us keep the kill pool wide - it would be rac, me, Kyan, you at the very least.

But these are tomorrow concerns, I think. hopefully you get the rest of the money.

Vincent Alexander

My best friend is a monkey
Sounds like a plan. And they are really scrambling for new targets and trains. I really hope we aren't off base, but if not, they are really sticking their necks out now to try and stir the pot and cause doubt. It's not working, but I don't want to call any of it out. They're doing work for us at this point.

Vincent Alexander

Yeah...wonder what that was about. Hope all is well.

The phone is a bust. Day command at least. HACK THE VOTE. It resets all votes to 0. Can't use within an hour of EoD. So, I think we lie about what it does and let scum sweat that I have something juicy. Brainstorming what we could say....lets get creative.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Oh man that blows tho. I knew those big items would suck!! Hmm. What makes sense for a phone?

Vincent Alexander

Sounds good. I'm playing Life with family and wife at moment. Will ponder after. Maybe we can stick with the HACK theme. Hrmm...

Vincent Alexander

I need to make it sound good enough that scum wouldn't let me live to the next day to share results. Let me test the waters here.

Vincent Alexander

If only we had 2000 extra with town to buy a pelt....link me with someone we are convinced is scum. If they truly try to kill me....hit them back.

I posted in the game thread on accident. Meant to post here. Sorry, its late and my brain turned off. Hopefully that isn't too obvious it's a lie. Lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
It's fine, I think it will be okay. I feel for malus, though. Replacing in at this stage cannot be fun.

Vincent Alexander

Morning!

Searching on mobile is quite a pain. Trying to find where Pancakes talked about spending money, but not finding so far.

Vincent Alexander

Well, I guess never mind. Microphone and Cup of Jones. Malus is putting in damn good work if scum.

Gonna get a cup of coffee then sit at computer soon. See if anything shakes loose.

I definitely don't trust leaving Vere alive to prove ability unless you think otherwisem

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
okay, I found a post where Pancakes alluded to having bought something but didn't reveal what. So I was half right.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Well, I guess never mind. Microphone and Cup of Jones. Malus is putting in damn good work if scum.

Gonna get a cup of coffee then sit at computer soon. See if anything shakes loose.

I definitely don't trust leaving Vere alive to prove ability unless you think otherwisem
I asked in thread but why does scum!Vere tell us the results were truth from rac's check?

I think we have to flip Vere anyway. But I'm curious about that.

Vincent Alexander

I can't find anything specific from Pancakes about spending money, but Pancakes was concerned about an arsonist very recently :

[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I guess arsonists are always neutral? (And yeah, this is a bastard game, I know...) What do you think about what was discussed yesterday about the theory of maybe Blarg being a variant of an arsonist dousing people with bets? People wouldn't know they were the target of an arsonist in that case...

What is worrying me with this theory are posts like these. But he didn't attempt anything like this since, so it might have been nothing... who knows.

What do we think about the arsonist theory again?

There is a real chance of the item referencing an arsonist being a troll item...

Or Blarg priming people with bets (or something similar).

So it would make sense they'd buy the Cup of Jones.

Vincent Alexander

I asked in thread but why does scum!Vere tell us the results were truth from rac's check?

I think we have to flip Vere anyway. But I'm curious about that.
This hurts my brain. Let's make sure we're clear.

Rac targets a quote by Conditional-Pancakes. Rac receives no message back. Vere receives a message. What message did Vere receive again?

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
This hurts my brain. Let's make sure we're clear.

Rac targets a quote by Conditional-Pancakes. Rac receives no message back. Vere receives a message. What message did Vere receive again?
that the post was true, but it was before rac revealed target, I think

HOWEVER we could have guessed it was Pancakes, maybe. I don't know if scum could if they don't know you're the vig tho lol.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I find myself wondering if Pancakes bought the cup of jones because SHE is the arsonist and wanted to buy up possible preventatives.

Vincent Alexander

I find myself wondering if Pancakes bought the cup of jones because SHE is the arsonist and wanted to buy up possible preventatives.
I go back-and-forth on this. If Pancakes isn't the arsonist, I can definitely see Blarg being one through betting. But that requires a degree of paranoia because Blarg going silly billy with a million 1 cent bets seems like a Blarg thing to do. But that also would make them being an arsonist all the more dangerous....

It all comes down to the very first post from Conditional-Pancakes about an arsonist:

*open wiki, look at what the hell is an arsonist*

Oh...
Genuine? Or bullshit?

The first person to bring up arsonist was Hawthorn due to item. The first person to suggest betting had anything to do with it was:

im worried about an arsonist

im worried that it might has sommit to do with bets

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
If it were all up to me, I'd be pushing for a full claim today. I'm DEFINITELY pushing for one d5 if I'm here. Please carry that torch for me if I die and you live.

Vincent Alexander

that the post was true, but it was before rac revealed target, I think

HOWEVER we could have guessed it was Pancakes, maybe. I don't know if scum could if they don't know you're the vig tho lol.
Here is where my brain is. I don't know if a redirect could redirect WHAT the Prove It Ticket was targeting since it targeted a player's quote, and not a player. This all comes down to game design, the exact wording of the item, and if Fanto thinks a redirect on a person should be treated the same as a redirect on a quote of a person. That's a rabbit hole I don't know the answer to, but I'm personally picky with words so I tend to think that if a power says to target a PLAYER and redirect, that it targets ONLY a player, and not something like a quote from a player. Long story short: I'm not sure I'm convinced the check on Pancakes quote could be redirected. HOWEVER, because the result comes back to Rac, the result very well could be. Now---why choose Vere? My only guess is that it's a random redirect. Somecould also could be lying about having and using dice out there.

Vincent Alexander

If it were all up to me, I'd be pushing for a full claim today. I'm DEFINITELY pushing for one d5 if I'm here. Please carry that torch for me if I die and you live.
I've really, really wanted to do full claims today. But I'm not sure I could push people to do so. I think we (town in general) are SO close to putting this puzzle together that a full claim might get us there. And I'd rather we do it while you're alive. lol.

That reminds me - how much do you want to bait the kill?
A lot. I'm just not great at scum hunting. I've been very lucky this game to have had Faddy make that claim, and to have had Sparks posts stick out as scummy. All luck. I genuinely don't think I'm going to contribute much more useful, and my power is out of batteries. I'm just not sure how to bait a kill without being TOO obvious, because then if there is a doctor, they might try to save me. And if scum thinks there could be a doctor who might save me because I'm an obvious NK, then they don't target me. Right?

I hope everything I'm writing is coherent today. I'm WIRED right now. lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I've really, really wanted to do full claims today. But I'm not sure I could push people to do so. I think we (town in general) are SO close to putting this puzzle together that a full claim might get us there. And I'd rather we do it while you're alive. lol.

A lot. I'm just not great at scum hunting. I've been very lucky this game to have had Faddy make that claim, and to have had Sparks posts stick out as scummy. All luck. I genuinely don't think I'm going to contribute much more useful, and my power is out of batteries. I'm just not sure how to bait a kill without being TOO obvious, because then if there is a doctor, they might try to save me. And if scum thinks there could be a doctor who might save me because I'm an obvious NK, then they don't target me. Right?

I hope everything I'm writing is coherent today. I'm WIRED right now. lol
If you REALLY want to bait the kill, then claim the phone allowed you to hack your ability and boost it. That would imply you have another shot AFTER you use it.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
it would depend how many shot-based abilities we have in this game and you may be one of the only so that wouldn't work. shit.

Vincent Alexander

If you REALLY want to bait the kill, then claim the phone allowed you to hack your ability and boost it. That would imply you have another shot AFTER you use it.
How well does that mesh with my nonsense I posted last night?

This phone is spicy. The good news is the phone doesn't sound like something scum can redirect or even dodge based on how it is phrased. I'll give you all a tease. It has to do with hacking. Wish me luck!

Vincent Alexander

My best bet might simply be to re-iterate something about my item before EoD...just make sure scum don't forget it exists and leave them sweating.

Vincent Alexander

If the day calls for full claim, and we end up doing so, then I will bullshit something about my ability. I can also say the item HACKS and boosts your ability, and phrase it along the lines of, "It sounds like it's affect is unique depending on your PR."

My only reason against a PR is that we might truly have someone out there with a strong PR that is enough to draw scum in if we full reveal. Maybe tomorrow is the best for full claim.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
If the day calls for full claim, and we end up doing so, then I will bullshit something about my ability. I can also say the item HACKS and boosts your ability, and phrase it along the lines of, "It sounds like it's affect is unique depending on your PR."

My only reason against a PR is that we might truly have someone out there with a strong PR that is enough to draw scum in if we full reveal. Maybe tomorrow is the best for full claim.
Yes, I don't think we can claim now anyway - Stan is gone. But yes, hack and boost your ability, unique to your ability - that's great. ESPECIALLY after Kyan and I half outed you. If Reki is scum, they will be paying attention. Yes. Do that before EoD. Perfect.

Vincent Alexander

Yes, I don't think we can claim now anyway - Stan is gone. But yes, hack and boost your ability, unique to your ability - that's great. ESPECIALLY after Kyan and I half outed you. If Reki is scum, they will be paying attention. Yes. Do that before EoD. Perfect.
Will do! I just have to ponder how to bring it up naturally....if I can't think of a way, I might simply ask you to post something that summarizes some recent items/events/purchases? Then I can quote it to mention something about my phone again.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Will do! I just have to ponder how to bring it up naturally....if I can't think of a way, I might simply ask you to post something that summarizes some recent items/events/purchases? Then I can quote it to mention something about my phone again.
Yeah, I can do that.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I gotta step out for a bit. I have some tinfoils I'd like to bounce off of you.

LAUNCH, just in general

Maol not being here - I know he said he wouldn't but I'm concerned anyway, should I not be? I think I should be if Vere is town.

I actually feel okay about Blarg?

Vincent Alexander

If Vere is town, add me to suspicious of Maol train. For now though, I actually feel pretty good about them.

Launch was quick to give me money to buy the phone. Town helping town....or confident scum trying to buy townie points?

Vincent Alexander

I'm not finding my self disagreeing with much of Launch's read list either:

Sorry, that's difficult to read. Here's that with bullets:

Strong Town Reads
  • ATP
  • Monkey
  • Donna
  • Maol
  • Kyan

Slight Town Reads
  • Fat4All - He feels town to me, but I've got some uneasiness around him based on Blarg's input wrt scum killing within the Thunderdome. I think F4A is not worth looking at seriously today, either way.
  • Pancakes - same for Pancakes as F4A.
  • VA - Has generally been acting in favor of town. Has shown hunting (or the opposite of that? townhunting?) in reading Hedin; likely some other instances I'm not remembering. Generally just feels townie.
  • Sawneeks - I've seen scumhunting from Sneeks, as well. Generally feels townie.
  • Stan - I said I would be okay with a Stan lunch today, but I don't think I spent enough time reading him at that point. I defer to what others have said about Stan and I agree with. Stan's willingness to go in on Maol demonstrated what I did not see from him when he's been on my scum team (except for when he would go after teammates).
  • rac - I also defer to what others have said about rac. He seems to be acting in the interest of town, and putting down firm thoughts when he does. I think he's been playing a solid game so far.

Null to Town Reads
  • Blarg - I have seen some really good thoughts from Blarg this game. I wouldn't raise him to a solid or slight town read, but I've seen characteristics that make me not want to look there - some moments of solid solving and the kind of thing I see from town!Blarg that spooks me when I'm scum (i.e. moving vote around to gauge reactions)
  • turm - I would really like to townread turm lol He sure acts shady, but I think that's just generally his way. That said, even though he's not been engaged with actual mafia or solving, I think the last few pages of trying to get money to town read people makes me feel like he's not a good person to look at today.
  • Reki - I think in general, Reki has been a really good job of trying to game solve. Certainly engaging with people strongly in a whole range of issues. My one hangup here is that I heard from players in Risk that Reki is very good at this when scum, too. That's not a door I want to close just yet.

Light Scum Reads (I won't restate these, I've made the cases in other posts already)
  • A/Vere
  • Hedin
  • Sparks (I defer to Maol's judgement here)

I'm not 100% in agreement, but in general, I think it's a good list.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah, I do too - but the thing about boxing wolves in with a strong town is that they HAVE to pretty much coast along with the general town reads. And then you look for places where they introduce cracks or doubt and then if a townread is actually scum, you scour interactions. But for now, I'll defer to rac, I think? I don't know. I have to sit with my Launch thoughts.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I started phase one of the phone reminder set up. I'll move to phase two (specifically reminding/mentioning items) about an hour before EoD.

Vincent Alexander

I started phase one of the phone reminder set up. I'll move to phase two (specifically reminding/mentioning items) about an hour before EoD.
Sounds good! Sorry, I've not been here much today. Sunday catchup work around the house and stuff and such! I keep popping by my desk.

Vincent Alexander

Hindsight 20/20 again. I probably should have just what I caused last night, and not been specific how so that scum were still in the dark about that item. That's a powerful item if they wanted to grab one themselves, and would rather they stayed in the dark. Oh well! Maybe I'm being too worrisome again.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Hindsight 20/20 again. I probably should have just what I caused last night, and not been specific how so that scum were still in the dark about that item. That's a powerful item if they wanted to grab one themselves, and would rather they stayed in the dark. Oh well! Maybe I'm being too worrisome again.
I think we have successfully pooled the money that we know about and if scum wants to switch anyone that's still just a guessing game so I think it's fine.

Vincent Alexander

I think we have successfully pooled the money that we know about and if scum wants to switch anyone that's still just a guessing game so I think it's fine.
Roger. OK, it's time for all of you brains to solve the mystery now. I'll sit here and look pretty.

Hrmmm.....

Vincent Alexander

I'm about to straight up lie/reference my fake claim again and implicate you so don't be surprised lol, I'm warning you before I post.
tenor.gif

Vincent Alexander

That's a good post. I honestly don't even think I need to stoke the fire anymore about the phone after that. That should get scum team titillated.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
hype hype hype hype

okay if Vere is town prepare for me to FLOOD this chat tonight with solving posts lol
if he's scum I'm not that worried tho

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
here we go

with that last post I'm concerned we're about to see a town flip but let's find out

Vincent Alexander

Woo. That is good shite. I'm so glad we didn't get distracted with talk about whether our hype partner would die. The possibility was always there, BUT....that would've just screwed with scum hunting. I think we handled that good by not going down the rabbit hole.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
That probably means I will live tonight and now people will be like BUT MONKEY YOU LIED. Though funny that Fat didn't accuse me of lying.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Woo. That is good shite. I'm so glad we didn't get distracted with talk about whether our hype partner would die. The possibility was always there, BUT....that would've just screwed with scum hunting. I think we handled that good by not going down the rabbit hole.
Me too.

Vincent Alexander

Wish it wasn't doctor, as that role gets more powerful as the days go on, but with it needing $500....Could've been worse. Could've been better.

Ooh. Damn! That was a role-blocker and strong-kill! We got us a big fish on that one!

1) I wonder if the Role Block could stop an item...? Surely not since it specifically says ability.
2) These posts did not feel genuine to me:

Unvote

Wait a sec, rac seems like he still wants to talk.

Someone else wants to keep talking?

"You good? We good? Anyone else good? Someone want to stop my teammate from dying please?"

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
SAME THOUGHTS about Reki. That was about optics.

What do you think of rac and Launch's cult speculation? i'm very curious about that.

Do you think rac bought another item? I hope so.

Vincent Alexander

question6.gif

You know game design way better than me. Our thunderome was:

Fat4all (TOWN)
weemadarthur (TOWN)
TheChuggernaut (TOWN)

Conditional-Pancakes

What are chances that a thunderdome truly was all town? Or does it being a bastard game throw that all off?

Vincent Alexander

SAME THOUGHTS about Reki. That was about optics.

What do you think of rac and Launch's cult speculation? i'm very curious about that.

Do you think rac bought another item? I hope so.
I've honestly never dealt with cult stuff before. Is that where you can recruit to your side?

And I hope Rac snagged something. I don't know what he could afford, but keeping a Pelt of Perception out of scum hands would be nice.

I need to go digging through Aeleus posts now.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
question6.gif

You know game design way better than me. Our thunderome was:

Fat4all (TOWN)
weemadarthur (TOWN)
TheChuggernaut (TOWN)

Conditional-Pancakes

What are chances that a thunderdome truly was all town? Or does it being a bastard game throw that all off?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, there's no telling with a bastard game. It wasn't claimed, and it's never a town power anyway. The question is just whether Pancakes did it or if it was done TO Pancakes. And honestly, Pancakes left a billion questions about herself and while malus answered questions, he did not seem to be particularly helpful, so tomorrow, my plan is to chase Reki and Pancakes.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I've honestly never dealt with cult stuff before. Is that where you can recruit to your side?

And I hope Rac snagged something. I don't know what he could afford, but keeping a Pelt of Perception out of scum hands would be nice.

I need to go digging through Aeleus posts now.
Yeah, it's a third faction that grows through recruitment. Kinda limited to big games. BUT with the hype chat, the lovers, at least one vig shot... I really doubt there's a third faction here. If so, and we're at 14 players... we're probably at endgame as of tomorrow.

What COULD point to a third faction? A lot of quiet ass people.

Vincent Alexander

I'm going to post random snippits as I re-read old stuff. Might not be worthwhile, but I don't want to lose something as I'm going through.

Vincent Alexander

And finally, Aeleus read list not long before subbing out:

Here's where I'm at right now:
Towny:
Dr. Monkey: [REDACTED] + her immediate reaction to Faddy's claim, I think the strong push against it helped control the narrative and I doubt the day vig shot would have happened so quickly without it.
Donna: Very towny entrance into the game + [REDACTED]
TheChuggernaut: I truly don't see a world in which his argument with Faddy was manufactured, I'm suspicious by the people who doubt him at this point
Kyanrute: Boring launchpad reasons, but he also has given some decent town vibes.

Townish:
Reki: I get town vibes from them and liked how the reason they gave for the launchpad bet was different than the one I thought they'd make (that it was a test) seems like there'd been a genuine thought process there. Also remember them being very good scum in Stardew valley so I doubt she'd fall for the daddy pitfall like some have mentioned. But I'm slightly nervous about them using my meta on sparks to town lean him which I haven't really seen a reason for yet.
Conditional-Pancakes: Town vibes + the vanilla stuff, I initially put her and ATP together in my mind but she stuck out from feeling very towny.

Scummish:
MrHedin: Admittidly don't remember much of his posts but I didn't like how convinced he seemed about one of his scum reads and then how quickly he mellowed out when Reki commmented on it.
Stantastic: Does anyone particularly remember any of Stans posts this game? Ususally even when scum he does some funny stuff so this felt like a really off D1 for me, probably my invest in a PIK.

Scummy:
Launchpad: See my past argument but put it in a way which reads more convincingly, I'm trying to not let my thoughts on the lover lunch influence me too much right now but he was also a part of that.

I wanna read more on fat4all and ATP, but probs won't get round to it till Day 2.

I'm also happy to do a claims list this game like usual but it will cost those sweet sweet don bucks. So pay up.

Vincent Alexander

For someone LEANING town on Reki, Aeleus sure brings them up a lot. They really want to make us all aware they town read him. Suspicious? Or simply pocketing Reki because they also spoke out against Launch? Which clearly seems like a train Aeleus wants to start.

Hey all for various reasons I've decided to sub out.........

I town read Reki (reasons mentioned in my reads list) and at first didn't want to sacrifice them, at the point where I started to think about the possibility the lovers were far in the lead.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Okay, so this is the real flips plus everyone I think we can reasonably "clear"
OkjOtIS.png

If no cult, we can just mow through this and mathematically win, I think, especially since donna, Launch, and Stan are probably unlikely.

donna's turn on Fat today has to be looked at BUT I don't think scum knew about the lovers situation? Or maybe they did? I really have no idea. ugh.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
IF they knew, donna suddenly being like "maybe I'm wrong about Fat" looks sus but I bet they didn't know.

I'm gonna look at your A stuff now.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I think this post by Aeleus might mean that Pancakes/Reki aren't both scum - it would be a hella bold move to end by nodding at two of your teammates. But these last posts were obviously SO calculated that... I can't rule anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom