Pair Thread Gold Mario / Pink Gold Peach Kart

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Welcome to Mario Kart: Double Dash! All rules from the main thread apply here as well.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Should I be dropping real reads? What if we are the best town ever and get shot too early?

61Jb1FfY4oL._SX522_.jpg
?

lol

weemadarthur

But i think salvnin are crumbing a hot dog or other food item and would not pick to scan them tonight

The way the role is phrased, I'm pretty sure Mario's in a pair and Peach in another one. We only get one shot, so we have to get rid of whichever we don't NK some other way (assuming our shot doesn't miss).

weemadarthur

We don’t have to scan our scum reads since they won’t be mario or peach. And i’m not convinced chuggs is town.

weemadarthur

Terrabyte responded to sin’s backtrack of the mario/luigi part of their claim, that countering a flavor claim would be dumb. Maybe we should scan them.

weemadarthur

No point scanning monkey, if she’s town scum prbably shoots her unless scum is sorian. We just need to outlive in that case, we scan for the other one.

weemadarthur

Thank you for flavor fishing, jman.

Anyone think sorian might not be joking about being bowser jr?

Blarg's Mad Max chrome spray gif made me wonder if he also was some material mario variant like Pink Gold Peach or something lol

No, Gold Mario and Gold Peach are literally separate characters.
https://mariokart.fandom.com/wiki/Pink_Gold_Peach (I guess technically it's Pink Gold Peach, the Mario Kart wiki doesn't list any Gold Peach)

weemadarthur

My goodness, we seem so town based on our characters and our vig claim. But we really want mislunches, lol. Who can we accidentally kill while seeming to be scum hunting? I’m for bear, who seems a bit lost but not scummy.

Bear seems to have made a good comeback with that Faddy post. tbh I trust town to mislunch just fine on their own, as long as it's not us it's all good.

weemadarthur

What about, claiming we give people their special items, but only if we get the right kart/item selection? And one is a bobomb that murders the target, except of course i’m not suggesting saying that unless we’ve shot someone.

Think the special items are in the game other ways? The weird day mechanic And fact that no spec allowed is concerning.

there's gotta be items for sure. Monkey said her role was interesting so I'm thinking there's more than the day gimmick for sure.

weemadarthur

Boring end. Coulda been better for us. This was nice. At least we don’t have to rush a claim.

weemadarthur

I live and will be serving penance for quite awhile.

Catching up with things Sorian is sure putting on airs of being sure about their claims. A D1 cop shot does feel odd though (I don't remember ever seeing a game with that), if it was bastard I would almost guess a neutral executioner role for them (and yes I say that a couple of times per season but damnit someone is going to put one in sometime).
good news, everybody.gif

weemadarthur

Baby Park
Block City
Bowser’s Castle
Daisy Cruiser
Mario Circuit
Rainbow Road

i want bowsers castle or rainbow road

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Just submit your track vote using the highlight command so I know when it’s an actual vote and not just discussion. Each player gets a vote.

Hey Weemad! Good to be back here.

When did you submit the command? Natiko told me he'd count the last one that was submitted. I sent him a PM checking Geno/Terra yesterday at 2:20 CST. If your command was more recent, the command response was to that.

Also, anything you'd like to agree on/catch up on for today? Lux didn't say anything at all during the night (or day, really).

I have been reading through ATP/Launch/Ambulance's posts and have some stray observations.

Chuggs I think is probably town after seeing how ATP went hard against them for the Monkey thing. He several times alluded to them starting it.
Bear and Sneeks I also feel are probably town per ATP also trying to throw shade on Sneeks' activity on D1.

Launch was hesitant to read Muffian one way or the other, but still felt it necessary to include them in their first and second read list (the first one only mentioned like 6 karts). By the way he writes about them, it seems he was suspicious but still decided to put them on the town section. By D2 he puts them down as null reads but there's still some weird hesitance there.

Fanto: Launch had her as top town on D1, still town on D2, and Fanto walked back her D1 read of them at the beginning of D2 placing them as town, citing a re-read of D1 as the reason.

I think I would push towards Sparks/Polter today. ATP agreed with Fanto's point about Sparks feeling "lucid" this game and citing their horror movie play, but I don't really see it, specially after their sole D2 post.

We might have to claim today so it would be good to have a counterclaim ready. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi scream innocent child, but that doesn't work here lol. I would definitely look for something using those role names though, because they're pretty good.

weemadarthur

I submitted my option which was Fungus like 2 miinutes after the day ended so i think we got yours.

terrabyte said jack shit.

our fake claim is vig but that’s a terrible one Since we don’t want to shoot anyone.

why did you pick terraforce? I thought they claimed flavor already.

I townread them and wanted to explore their fakeclaim from D1.

I'd check Bearneeks next. I would bet either mario or peach (or both) are in the Hawtman/ZippedRage pairs and I keep waiting for scum to take care of them.

weemadarthur

Fake ideas
bodyguard

um yeah i was thinking bearneek also. But with no night phase do we get a night move at all?

weemadarthur

Yeah i mean i was right about scum killing monkey for us lol. I assume doc and cop will go byebye.

weemadarthur

I think sparks and polter might actually BE mafia this game....which is awkward since we...don’t want to kill them off too soon.

weemadarthur

Or we could do the special item vendor claim but it’s a bit weird. We could claim to have self targeted N1 and got a Chain Chomp [vig shot] out of it. Trouble is the people who HAVE claimed flavor are gonna want items lol. It’s NOT a claim i want to make today when there’s no night phase.

weemadarthur

Launchpad was bulletproof because of us. LP has already introduced the vig concept. Trouble is it makes us a top top scum target.

weemadarthur

I’d rather check ppl we don’t have an argument for flipping than people we DO.

We need a list we can update for what people have claimed. I hate not being to edit one post, lol.

weemadarthur

My thoughts have been that it’s good that we don’t vote together. I’m on fuzzy [sorry it’s just so good lol] and you’re on blux, leaving fungus [also just so good] as “spite the weeblend” option. And they’re an unknown pair instead of a known one.

Do you think it’s better to claim than to switch reads up? And not quite yet, unless they get near a turbo?

weemadarthur

Maybe i shouldn’t have pushed a particular cart but i do want to lunch either fanuzzy or sawbear, because we can’t shoot everyone. And i think those 2 carts are kinda sorta working in opposition to each other, so that one may even be mafia.

I doubt it, would they have saved their shot for so long? It feels like the game's been going for a while even if it's only D3.

Do you think it’s better to claim than to switch reads up? And not quite yet, unless they get near a turbo?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I'd claim if we were close to getting lunched, not sure switching our reads would do much of anything.

weemadarthur

So we won’t even be counterclaimed, just shot lol. Well nothing we can do about that really. Scum needs to do better, on our behalf.

Top Bottom