Gossip Thread MGS Mafia |Gossip| Night 6

Zem

This is how we solve the game. Good old Google.
Wow Faddy huh. I would have never voted for him.

I think you're town and I hope you think I'm town so I'm gonna ask if you want to share your role and actions now?

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
Hello again!
VTKbh5c.gif

Ephidel

... and, yeah. I guess at this stage I can.

I don't have any actions though, I'm afraid. My role is passive.

I'm Mei Ling the... Voteproof? Eliminationproof? The PM says Lynchproof but, you know, that's meant to be outdated terminology
767835390831886357.png

Flavourwise I basically reload my save data to not get voted off.

I'm not claiming it in the thread until I have to because, well, when someone inevitably wants to test my claim that will effectively throw a day and I'd rather scum not know the easiest way to get shot of me is a NK.
I probably still wouldn't be a priority because my reads have royally sucked this game, but ... yeah. I don't really want to give them a reason to bump me up the list either way.

Zem

Aha ok. That's certainly a better claim than D-Horse!

I can't believe the result we got today, very lucky on Faddy and Fanto has done us a big favour there. It also clears Kalor for me because of Faddy's role controlling someone, which I really didn't think would be in the game because of ATP's ability being the same name. Which could still mean Kalor is Foxhound BUT Faddy's vote on day three for Kalor kills that idea.

So I'm very happy to be wrong on that as I think it confirms Kalor as town.

We also got one scum from each list. Could be more on there though but it's not something we have to focus on entirely which I'm glad of as I think that did slow the game down quite a bit.

What do you think of Monkey as scum? Both Patriots have now brought her up, there's also been some posts discussing how her and Faddy haven't been going at each other. Night 2 she was either roleblocked or saved from a kill. Why not go back to that?

Ephidel

My town reads have been scum. My scum reads have been town. I clearly need to do some serious re-evaluation.

I was town reading Fanto and Faddy.

The idea of looking at Monkey is fucking daunting, just look at all those posts, but maybe it needs to be done.
The double scum teams are Actually Confirmed as more than speculation now, and both of them have called out Monkey and Faddy, and... well.
Clearly whatever happened there they were right about Faddy.

Zem

Monkey was pushing away from the list with Faddy on as well, which is interesting. Also tried pushing the one team theory a day or two ago which is definitely what someone on a second scum team would try to do in case anyone was trying to put stuff together with votes, as one team completely changes the dynamic / investigation there.

I'm not even going to bother going too far back with her posts but will take a look if I survive.

Last two scum will be in this four I think:
Sparks
Stan
Kopite
Monkey

Ephidel

I have to admit, I... don't think I actually do scumread Sparks?
I can understand why people are, even for him this amount of confusion about his role is a little much, but I've got it in my head that just because he's a tracker doesn't mean his role has to be simple. Imagine him having to navigate something like ATPs role and imagine wtf he'd do with it.
I keep getting this niggling feeling that he's more of a distraction than a scumhunt. Press here to cause noise.

Ephidel

I could see Stan. He played a pretty big part in the Sparks blowup too, what with him declaring Sparks had to be wrong because he'd moved. He's tough though because most of his activity happens when other people aren't even around. The person he interacted with most is probably nin, and a lot of their discussion just seemed like banter.

Ephidel

The main point for Kopite is probably how little he registers on people's radars. Not really a perspective I could push considering I imagine a lot of people would put me in the same category unless I can drastically turn my game around somehow :eyes:

Zem

Yeah I'm starting to come around on Sparks, again though need to read some posts and look at votes, especially Faddy's posts around Sparks. I feel like he didn't want to push Sparks, even saying he thought Sparks could be neutral, but that could be because if he flips town that narrows down Faddy. Or could be because Faddy is on the same team. Need to take a closer look.

Stan is someone that needs looking at more now as well.

Kopite, well what do you even look at? haha

Zem

I actually think I need to read Sparks posts to get an idea of the dynamic between him and Faddy

Ephidel

Good luck.
At the moment I'm slapping coloured highlights over the vote tool. It's not usually something I do, I'm borrowing it from Zeke, hopefully his ghost won't mind. I'm hoping I'll find it illuminating in some way when I stare at it afterwards but at the moment it feels like I'm just making work for myself
767835171609116704.png

Zem

Yeah sparks might be town or at worst a neutral.

I'd go Stan / Kopite / Monkey for last scum.

I think at this point it's hard for town to lose if we think it's just 2 scum left (3 on each team) but wouldn't be surprised if there was more going on either.

Ephidel

I just realised I never posted this last night, lol.
I'll be having easter lunch with the family soon but I'll check back in afterwards, figured I might as well dump these here for now as I just realised I never did last night.

vscbb4k.png

wGp8Fmc.png

HLEpEkU.png

kXc2Nzb.png

sFiD5Eb.png

UtpA1Ds.png

Ephidel

You said you were trying to do vote analysis before, didn't you?
How did that go?

Ephidel

Yeah sparks might be town or at worst a neutral.

I'd go Stan / Kopite / Monkey for last scum.

I think at this point it's hard for town to lose if we think it's just 2 scum left (3 on each team) but wouldn't be surprised if there was more going on either.
That feels like a pretty good three to look at, I'll definitely do that after lunch.

I do still feel iffy about Vere, as well, even though Neki vouched for Ambulance revealing first. And Neki comes across as so sincere. Ugh.
Do you really think Nat would put two paired town sleepwalkers in a game? Double the negative utility for our faction for no reason?
... do you think they could be neutrals? Their hunter was a neutral and if they'd succeeded in catching them they'd have been removed from the game without ever flipping.

Zem

Faddy's vote on day 3 on Vere suggests to me that Vere isn't scum. Him and Neki could definitely be neutral though.

I'm wondering about the split scum team format. Because that makes it harder for scum doesn't it? Therefore you have to have quite a few negative utility roles for Town which we have, so far ATP's role has been by far the strongest and the rest quite weak. It could just be that Aeleus had to catch two town players and was a pro Scum neutral.

It's possible Sparks is neutral what with his mess of a claim and seemingly no one helping him.

There won't just be one neutral will there? I don't think that's the case.

Reading those votes and I'm more convinced Kopite is one of the scum players.

Ephidel

I was going through the votes and I realised a chunk of the D3 one was missing -- as if it didn't look messy enough as it was.

It should be this.
jIeehXD.png

Ephidel

Faddy's vote on day 3 on Vere suggests to me that Vere isn't scum. Him and Neki could definitely be neutral though.
Yeah, Faddy and Fanto both had votes there, but they are both vote hoppers so I dunno.
(And I guess the Zeke shit was designed to make Faddy's votes less informative, lol)

I'm wondering about the split scum team format. Because that makes it harder for scum doesn't it? Therefore you have to have quite a few negative utility roles for Town which we have, so far ATP's role has been by far the strongest and the rest quite weak. It could just be that Aeleus had to catch two town players and was a pro Scum neutral.
I... don't actually know.
Do you really think the split team format makes it harder enough for them to justify us having all that negative utility?
And nin's thing that literally had a modkill to prevent him explaining it as well? And then zipped/hp as well depending on if you think they're both town vs split pair?
ATP's role was stacked, but he had his own negative built in, when he'd exhausted his cards he was going to die. Although I guess he'd have given us a confirmed town before that point because he had a revive in there that would have been more of a trade.

I guess the patriots seemed down enough on their wincons that they stopped trying to achieve them (unless that was bullshit and they just got roleblocked). Maybe some negative utility makes sense to balance that out. But all of that? I dunno.
We still don't know what the other team has, although I still think they had to have a rolecop to get LP like that, he was low key enough that he'd have been relatively safe otherwise.

There won't just be one neutral will there? I don't think that's the case.
A game this size? Yeah, I seriously doubt there's only the one.

Zem

It could actually be dr monkey. Day one she knows about the two teams thing, thinks Chuggs may be on the other team. Role cop Chuggs overnight so know for sure he's scum. Comes out day two with that argument retro fitted, still knowing about two teams but knowing we didn't know and never expected Chuggs to go out like he did. Maybe hoping by the time we did find out about two teams that we'd have forgotten about day one/two?

Roleblocked by Hawthorn night two, no kill.

Tried to push away from Sparks and that list, same as Faddy. Knew Sparks would flip as not scum which would put Faddy in the limelight?

Ephidel

Shit, you think they rolecopped Chuggs? I didn't even think about that, let me go find his flip.

Ephidel

His role is literally "JOAT Patriot", lol. I guess it depends whether they'd have got that, or just JOAT?

Zem

Do you really think the split team format makes it harder enough for them to justify us having all that negative utility?

Maybe, at first I thought it was just two teams but they would win together, that doesn't look like the case at all now. So it's two teams of three players as scum, that seems really hard especially with potential cross fire. Town would have to be weakened to make up for that and I think that's what we're seeing with the roles. ATP was the strongest, I think I'd be surprised if we had a cop now, the lovers are there to cause confusion and the masons have ended up being that way. If we still haven't found the last two scum out of Stan / Kopite/ Monkey then it's probably one of the pairs though. If we've found the scum but the game carries on then it's probably the masons we need to kill.

Zem

His role is literally "JOAT Patriot", lol. I guess it depends whether they'd have got that, or just JOAT?

yeah dunno, it says "Sigint the JOAT patriot" but dunno if they'd get all that. The other conclusion is that Monkey can read Chuggs like a book and that's scary haha

Ephidel

So, my attempt to actually think about The Votes.

Day One

The Ty vote.

I said before I thought it was unlikely to be pure, but looking back at it overnight the only confirmed scum on that vote are Patriots.
It was a town wagon, are we expected to believe that no Foxhound aligned scum would pay it a visit?

And our options there are Ambuvere, Neki, Zem, Me, and Monkey.
Masons. You, who I trust. Me who you might not but eh, I know I don't fit that box. Monkey.
Ambulance, Neki, Monkey.
Ambuvere could have convinced Neki to join him on that vote. If Monkey is scum, she could be on that vote while her compatriots are elsewhere.

Stan, Leo, Kopite, and Shirou all have votes on wagons that don't look like they're going anywhere to make it easy not to stack.

Day 2:

Chuggs.
LP was on there just before the open wolf, he clearly made it in just in time to bus.
We only have Faddy on there from the other team though, and it seems like that would be a pretty nice place for other Foxhounds to sit as well.
We have Monkey, Sparks, Kalor, Stan, Kopite, Me, HP, and you on there are various points. HP started out on Zeke.

Shirou is sitting pretty over on Kalor, while Leo, Vere, and Stan ended up on Ynnek (with Stan having started out on Nin and jumped from Chuggs to Ynnek along the way).

Day 3
Well, that was the messy one. Not really sure where to start there because everything got hopped through that day.

Right, Vere and Kalor both have votes from both Faddy and Fanto, so they got votes from both teams.

Faddy went Vere -> Zeke -> Vere -> Zeke -> Kalor
The whole... Zeke fixation... makes it very easy to deflect away from other targets though.
Fanto went Ynnek -> Zeke -> Vere -> Hawthorn -> Vere -> Kalor -> Hawthorn

The Hawthorn vote probably needs looking at. LP and Fanto are both on it for patriot representation, but it's a town wagon, so you'd expect the other team to be there somewhere.
Shirou, HP, You, Neki, Monkey, Kopite, Leo, Sparks, Zipped, Kalor, Vere all ended up there at some point though, which is... pretty much fucking everyone. Yeah that's not going to be something easy to look into.

At end of day it was Neki, Kopite, Kalor, Vere, Sparks, and Zipped, so we have Kopite and both masons on board again.

Shirou started on the Kalor wagon, but left it before it caught any steam. Stan parked on Leo.

Day 4
Well, this is an interesting one because the Zeke wagon only has Faddy on it in terms of known scum, the patriots are all elsewhere.
There's also only really the Zeke/Leo trains in contention, which means the other scum have to be concentrated in there too (outside of Fate being Fate).
Kalor's is all known town outside you and Shirou being there at points.

Day 5
LP is pretty top heavy, though it's maybe notable that Fanto stayed off her teammate.
Faddy is there, which isn't surprising, he'd set him up in the first place. Is it more likely that his teammates joined him, or that they spread out to avoid stacking?
Kalor had Stan and Leo sitting on him, Sparks had Zipped and Shirou on him.

Day 6
Faddy was on Fanto early. Fanto was over on Vere.
I... don't really know what to say here, I'm just trailing off at this point.

Ephidel

Leo and Stan are both off to the side quite often in terms of votes. So is Shirou of course, but I dunno, I still think I feel he's town. How did your chat with Shirou go?

I'm... I think maybe I'm not so sure there are only two scum left though.
Maybe I'm not even so sure we're clear of the patriots.

Stan looks more like he fits as a patriot than a foxhound to me, I think? The Stan & Sparks show looks like a pretty good attempt to derail the LP vote and he defended him pretty vigorously at the time and considering he's completely out of sync timewise with everyone else, he might have thought that would be enough to shift it.
The foxhounds wouldn't have had a reason to do that, they obviously set him up and wanted him dead.
And two of his votes have landed on Leo when he's the counter to the patriot team.

... Now admittedly, I also have votes on Leo and I'm actually still not convinced about him myself and what Kalor said about the possibility of him being a scum poison doc has stuck with me, but it could still be something.

Zem

That's some good work!

I think Fate is town but I thought the same about Faddy so....and you're right that his votes have been slightly off and LP or HP called him out on that.

Stan and Kopite just don't look good vote wise. Leo is a possibility as scum doctor that would have to save townies, but probably down the list until end game if we haven't found the last scum.

Monkey's votes are ok, and I do think if she's town then there's not much point killing her since that creates suspicion on her anyway. My main thing with her though is if she is town why didn't they try again on night 3? Night 2 they try to kill her so they don't role cop her if they have it as that's a waste, wouldn't they try again the next night knowing that Hawthorn is dead?

The thought of there being 4 scum in each time and only 1, maybe 2 neutrals crossed my head but not sure I want to go there just yet as it'll overcomplicate things :/

Ephidel

I know, trying to work out what we're actually dealing with feels utterly overwhelming sometimes.

Ephidel

And yeah, that's the tricky thing with Monkey now.

She was dangerous enough to try and kill, but not to follow through on? It doesn't make sense.
It's possible she's scum sitting there leading us and that's fucking dangerous. But she could also just be the next Hawthorn.
The team convinced she's their enemy don't seem to have a way to kill her, but their need to scum hunt was real and considering we know the other team hunted them too they feel the same.
They could be right. But now the suspicion is explicit even if she is town the other one will probably leave her to see if we'll do it for them. It's oh so hard to balance.

I don't think I'm going to go into the thread chasing Monkey, but I'm going to concede that after that Faddy flip she's now even more of a What If, and wait and see what other people have to say off the back of yesterday.

Zem

Yeah I think that's fair, we need to make sure Monkey isn't off our radars but also not to jump on it. You're completely right about the scum team also scum hunting and they were right about Faddy so it's worth reading back

Top Bottom