Gossiping about the hard clues and the facts of the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Welcome my friends... Some of you have always been here, some of you just got invited, but tonight you will enjoy each other's company. ;)

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Yeah, it really does. I really think the Chuggs vote was the right one, but I’m questioning if I should’ve looked harder at Ephi too. Wondering if I let my scum read of Chuggs cloud my read of the wagon too much. Blah. I really don’t think Sparks was a good alternative here either.

Yeah I didn't like the sparks train either. Not sure what to make of Hawthorn and Ephi's last second switch to Geno.

Chuggs is an interesting one. When he defended me against ephi then later made other sort of pro atp posts I immediately get suspicious he is trying to pocket me.

Were you surprised to be invited to a gossip chat? Surprised I chose you?

Natiko

Yeah I didn't like the sparks train either. Not sure what to make of Hawthorn and Ephi's last second switch to Geno.

Chuggs is an interesting one. When he defended me against ephi then later made other sort of pro atp posts I immediately get suspicious he is trying to pocket me.

Were you surprised to be invited to a gossip chat? Surprised I chose you?
I was in fact surprised, despite my tendency to live to endgame more often than not I’m not actually a very popular night action target. I’ll say this - I don’t immediately think scum would have a gossip given the game size (though not impossible), so I tentatively feel better about you given this.

The switching is kinda hard to get a read on if we feel Sparks is also town, kinda enters WIFOM territory of “would scum jump when either outcome is fine to them? But they also don’t want a no vote when both options are town.” I need to go look at Ephi’s thoughts on Geno again. I know Haw had JUST been saying she didn’t view Geno as scum and felt he was a bad vote compared to Sparks so the jump and then further need to over explain (like we can visibly see you are moving to tie) strikes me as the bigger eyebrow raise, but I don’t recall Ephi’s thoughts to make a good comparison currently.

I was in fact surprised, despite my tendency to live to endgame more often than not I’m not actually a very popular night action target. I’ll say this - I don’t immediately think scum would have a gossip given the game size (though not impossible), so I tentatively feel better about you given this.

The switching is kinda hard to get a read on if we feel Sparks is also town, kinda enters WIFOM territory of “would scum jump when either outcome is fine to them? But they also don’t want a no vote when both options are town.” I need to go look at Ephi’s thoughts on Geno again. I know Haw had JUST been saying she didn’t view Geno as scum and felt he was a bad vote compared to Sparks so the jump and then further need to over explain (like we can visibly see you are moving to tie) strikes me as the bigger eyebrow raise, but I don’t recall Ephi’s thoughts to make a good comparison currently.

It was a very last minute decision, because I honestly just don't have strong feelings on anyone, but I haven't actively disliked anything you've done as I have others lol

I actually stsrted the day thinking wee would be who I'd want to bring in. But her play was so ugh.. that I just didn't feel good about her.

I hope you are town.

Here is what Ephi said about Geno:

Geno is... just absolutely nothing here compared to either of them and I don't know what to make of that. Is there a list of games people have actually played somewhere? Because I was only able to look at EE and MK because they were recent enough that I remembered them.

Not a whole lot to go off there.

I think for sure if geno and Sparks are both town, and it's tied on d1, you would rather flip geno as scum. Sparks being sparks will always be a question mark whether he is town or not. So that's why I still think its a little suspicious, you get rid of a potentially strong town player and leave one thst will be a constant question mark the whole game.

I have a question, obviously you don't have to answer. After the day ended, did you receive any messages from the game runners aside from the gossip invitation?

Natiko

It was a very last minute decision, because I honestly just don't have strong feelings on anyone, but I haven't actively disliked anything you've done as I have others lol

I actually stsrted the day thinking wee would be who I'd want to bring in. But her play was so ugh.. that I just didn't feel good about her.

I hope you are town.

Here is what Ephi said about Geno:

Not a whole lot to go off there.

I think for sure if geno and Sparks are both town, and it's tied on d1, you would rather flip geno as scum. Sparks being sparks will always be a question mark whether he is town or not. So that's why I still think its a little suspicious, you get rid of a potentially strong town player and leave one thst will be a constant question mark the whole game.

I have a question, obviously you don't have to answer. After the day ended, did you receive any messages from the game runners aside from the gossip invitation?
That’s a good point, and I suppose you could make the argument that Ephi left the most avenues to flip flop around and play defensively which could be scummy for sure. Haw’s play just feels bad - going for the info vote while admitting it wouldn’t even give much info. But Haw’s recent town play in general from my recollection wasn’t like the end all be all. I think she might just be better as scum than town, which maybe points to a town Haw after all.

Curious. I did. What prompted you to ask? Depending on what you say I might just full claim everything from my end.

That’s a good point, and I suppose you could make the argument that Ephi left the most avenues to flip flop around and play defensively which could be scummy for sure. Haw’s play just feels bad - going for the info vote while admitting it wouldn’t even give much info. But Haw’s recent town play in general from my recollection wasn’t like the end all be all. I think she might just be better as scum than town, which maybe points to a town Haw after all.

Curious. I did. What prompted you to ask? Depending on what you say I might just full claim everything from my end.

She recently had some really strong town performances, but she has said before that she isn't great at the beginning of games when there are more players, though that is generally gonna be true of everyone.

I asked because I received a message from the game runner and I was wondering if I was special or what happened to me happened to everyone, so I'm guessing it's sort of the latter.

I unlocked a new power to my role.

Natiko

She recently had some really strong town performances, but she has said before that she isn't great at the beginning of games when there are more players, though that is generally gonna be true of everyone.

I asked because I received a message from the game runner and I was wondering if I was special or what happened to me happened to everyone, so I'm guessing it's sort of the latter.

I unlocked a new power to my role.
Interesting, guessing this is a theme because I did as well. I started out vanilla town then became a Messenger that HAS to message.

Interesting, guessing this is a theme because I did as well. I started out vanilla town then became a Messenger that HAS to message.

Oh interesting. I obviously am a gossip but also acquired the ability to message, same thing, have to or.. Well I'm sure your message said the same thing.

Seems like everyone might have got this upgrade, thats interesting. Or unless it was triggered by me picking you, but that doesn't seem likely.

Natiko

Oh interesting. I obviously am a gossip but also acquired the ability to message, same thing, have to or.. Well I'm sure your message said the same thing.

Seems like everyone might have got this upgrade, thats interesting. Or unless it was triggered by me picking you, but that doesn't seem likely.
Well drat, I kinda figured I could message you as a soft confirm, but if a bunch of people got the same power it’s probably not quite as helpful from your POV lol

Its 230am for me, so gonna sleep, if you have any questions or thoughts on the game you wanna share, post em and ill respond tomorrow.
I’ll probably take the night off but take a look at votes again tomorrow before day start. Sleep well!

So if you were scum you'd be in a scum chat and know everyone had gotten the power (assuming scum got said power as well) so you not knowing gives you a little bit of a plus. However that could also easily be faked to lol.

Do you have any thoughts on if the messaging can be used for anything useful, who you plan to message or what you plan to say?

Natiko

So if you were scum you'd be in a scum chat and know everyone had gotten the power (assuming scum got said power as well) so you not knowing gives you a little bit of a plus. However that could also easily be faked to lol.

Do you have any thoughts on if the messaging can be used for anything useful, who you plan to message or what you plan to say?
I was still considering targeting you, because if everyone (or at least most) players got this role, it feels like bait for roles that trigger off of movement. I so far haven’t thought of much utility to be gained from the messages unless one person was planning to gambit or something and wanted to send a message to someone warning they were going to so that they’d later have backup? But that’s not really my play style.

I was still considering targeting you, because if everyone (or at least most) players got this role, it feels like bait for roles that trigger off of movement. I so far haven’t thought of much utility to be gained from the messages unless one person was planning to gambit or something and wanted to send a message to someone warning they were going to so that they’d later have backup? But that’s not really my play style.

Yeah I'm not really sure what to send or who to send it too. I really have not a strong grasp on players this game. What did you think of Salva's day 1?

Of a game this suze how many scum do you think there are? 3 or 4?

Natiko

Yeah I'm not really sure what to send or who to send it too. I really have not a strong grasp on players this game. What did you think of Salva's day 1?

Of a game this suze how many scum do you think there are? 3 or 4?
I didn't particularly like it, but I never like Salva's play. I'm not sure there's every a time I've reasonably felt Salva was town lol

I would assume 3 scum and a neutral that is a push (either harms neither faction or can harm both).

Yeah Salva is someone I've found hard to get a feel for. I still think Hawthorn is probably town. She made way to much unnecessary noise on day 1 imo. Using Jman's argument to launch Sorian. Jumping to Sparks then the last second push to avoid a tie.

I imagine scum were more happy to just sit in the background, not rock the boat as much.

I guess at this point I feel better about you and still think Hawthorn is town and scum Hawthorn doesn't make that much of an impression on day 1. I feel like if Sparks is scum he's putting on one helluva show and I'm just not sure he's capable of that.

Everyone else though are varying sizes of question marks to me.

Wasn't a fan of EC's play but he played like that in the previous game and he was town. HP as well was just kind of around but contributing/ pushing absolutely nothing.

Someone like Sorian i just want out the game no matter the alignment lol

Stan is also someone I struggle to gauge.

Wee didn't seem to offer much other than criticising others for not doing much.

Ephi is still very much on my radar.

Blarg has done something I don't quite like but its to early to tell exactly if it means he is scum.

Jman.. kind of worries me when he's not doing crazy shit lol, but I suppose his interactions with Sorian kind of felt like town jman.

Chuggs, im still not convinced he's scum, but there were a few instances where it really felt like he was trying to pocket me which obviously make me question him.

I guess those are my reads so far.

Natiko

For me my reads are something like:

Lean Town
Sparks
You

Lightly Lean Town
HP - His play strikes me as very similar to his town game in Fate
Sorian - Just based off the miller claim and Sorian not really wilding out too much, I think Sorian tries harder as scum than he does as town

Neutral
Anyone not named elsewhere

Lean Scum
Chuggs
Ephi

I could try and further filter out the null pile but it'd just be based off such little reasoning that it doesn't feel necessary.

I didn't play fate, but I did play with hp in eastenders and mgs and he seemed more.. nervous as town to me in those games, where here i didn't get that same energy though obviously only being d1 thats a very small sample size

Natiko

I didn't play fate, but I did play with hp in eastenders and mgs and he seemed more.. nervous as town to me in those games, where here i didn't get that same energy though obviously only being d1 thats a very small sample size
I dunno, it was a pretty laidback phase and the game isn't huge so I feel like maybe he's just more at ease than usual. It's a light lean though, so it's not that strong of a read all told. I really can't think of anything practical to do with it. Think I'll just choose someone lowkey and send them a random message since they're less likely to get one if we all got one.. not sure what else to do really.

I dunno, it was a pretty laidback phase and the game isn't huge so I feel like maybe he's just more at ease than usual. It's a light lean though, so it's not that strong of a read all told. I really can't think of anything practical to do with it. Think I'll just choose someone lowkey and send them a random message since they're less likely to get one if we all got one.. not sure what else to do really.

What are you going to say?

Natiko

Yeah that's my initial thought, each night a new power unlocks
At least I’ll have some stuff to do with my vanilla self. Feel a little better about losing the tracker since it may have been hard to parse anything from the results.

Just going to vent here. I'm bummed. End of day 1 left me feeling really down. However chatting with Nat made me feel better because I felt pretty good that he was town and I felt I had more of a grip on the game. Now he's dead and I feel like I'm back at square one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom