Pair Thread McMurdo Station Away Team, Night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Yeah I feel like someone is lying about being a dog. IIRC there are 4 dogs in the movie itself (excluding the thing dog). There are 14 characters listed on the Thing Wiki as characters in the 80s movie, that however includes the two Norwegians that die at the start...so 12 + 4 dogs + the thing dog plus me (the sole survivor from the 2011 movie) gives us 18. So....do we really believe we get 3 of the 4 dogs in our group? I doubt it. There's a bad puppy among us.

FILM TRIVIA AND MATH CONVERGE INTO A PERFECT READ GOOD JOB

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
If it's between Chuggs and Neki I would prefer Chuggs. I would also be into the dogs, Randomless, and HP. This all being for tomorrow. After tomorrow, because of the possible spread of infection, I might have to reevaluate some of my town reads.

I don't think we should share the claims made in this thread with the other group, of course unless one of us is caught in a contradiction or something.

Oh, yeah, no need to tell the whole thread about the claims. At this point I'm operating under the assumption that all 9 of us are still uninfected. (May change when morning hits) Assuming there's a low number of infectors in the other half, there's no reason to give them information.

What I'd like is to solidify maybe two or three targets we can spread our votes on and watch how the other half reacts to it.

Hawthorn

I'm in agreement with that. I'm not certain that we're all currently town, but I'm comfortable operating as though we are for now. I think Chuggs should be near the top of the list, but it's possible he'll show up with some convincing explanation of why he's missing, in which case we should be prepared with an alternative.

Also, we should make sure we all make notes before day start, because I'm pretty sure this thread will actually disappear, not just be locked from posting.

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
I want to test Randomless or Chuggs from that other group right now. Or any of the 3 dogs we have in here

A Wild Shark Appears

Our resident acupuncturist
AMBULANCE didn't you say you were a Dog too? You never said what kind, what kind of dog are you
Alaskan Marmalute

What I'd like is to solidify maybe two or three targets we can spread our votes on and watch how the other half reacts to it.
Isn’t testing done at night? Or do you mean us just identifying who we’ll be voting for at night in the thread?

I'm in agreement with that. I'm not certain that we're all currently town, but I'm comfortable operating as though we are for now. I think Chuggs should be near the top of the list, but it's possible he'll show up with some convincing explanation of why he's missing, in which case we should be prepared with an alternative.
I dunno a power to not leave the base doesn’t seem very scummy to me personally, and behavior wise I wouldn’t say Chuggs was particularly scummy.

I think I’d recommend voting the dogs starting with Nat (Sorry friend!).

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Wild idea, what if the infection spreads through quoting each other (which counts as close contact?), maybe we should stop quoting each other just to be sure (but if this is the case it's too late) ((but do it though))

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Also, I'm thinking we should ask players to Name-claim AS FREQUENTLY AS POSSIBLE

What if THE THING as scum has no fake names to employ because it has to be somebody who already exists?

Maybe we can catch it out through witnessing a double Name-claim of a same name

Also, I'm thinking we should ask players to Name-claim AS FREQUENTLY AS POSSIBLE

What if THE THING as scum has no fake names to employ because it has to be somebody who already exists?

Maybe we can catch it out through witnessing a double Name-claim of a same name
Finally something we can agree on.

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
THE THING wouldn't Name-claim as somebody then Name-claim as somebody else the Day after as that'd be the most obvious tell... which does NOT eliminate the possibility of it being able to transform into different people... just that we have to establish everybody's Names ASAP

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
If it works like the move the thing basically assimilates people. So the player would still be their original flavour but they'd be a thing now. There shouldn't be name conflicts

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
But if HP is correct, the mass Name-claim would reveal exactly five (5) dogs, with one (1) of them CANONICALLY being THE THING Dog ergo scum, yeah?

So that's why you want a Name-claim yes, purely for the dogs? Right? Correct? Affirmative?

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
When Leo was calling me the wrong pronouns in Metal Gear I was not annoyed but people calling me the wrong name is irritating at this point when I already corrected someone once.
Apologies Neki!

I wanted to take a look at Randomless too, on a surface read that all seemed like a lot of text for mechanic speculation.

Two more things. My PM says, paraphrasing, something about isolation being bad for me. Ain't in red but I was wondering if any of you have something similar in your PMs. In addition, I don't have the base exploding wincon that the sample PM has.
I don’t have any weird paraphrasing nor do I have the exploding wincon.

Yeah I feel like someone is lying about being a dog. IIRC there are 4 dogs in the movie itself (excluding the thing dog). There are 14 characters listed on the Thing Wiki as characters in the 80s movie, that however includes the two Norwegians that die at the start...so 12 + 4 dogs + the thing dog plus me (the sole survivor from the 2011 movie) gives us 18. So....do we really believe we get 3 of the 4 dogs in our group? I doubt it. There's a bad puppy among us.
Maol and I both crumbed the dog thing, and the sample role PM didn’t indicate that’s what a vanilla would be. Additionally, Ambo did something that I won’t get into for fear of it skirting role PM quoting rules, but it makes me very confident he’s also not lying.

I asked the gamerunners. The 3 test day is at an unspecified time
Well that sucks

you can vote to test me, I don't care. I'm sure there will be people in the other half who will want to test me anyway.
Yeah, I’m fine being tested

HPSauce

Wait, I was right? Fuck
If we're confident that the 3 of you are telling the truth about bring dogs then that's all the more reason to force claims

Blargonaut

SCUM UP!
Maol and I both crumbed the dog thing, and the sample role PM didn’t indicate that’s what a vanilla would be. Additionally, Ambo did something that I won’t get into for fear of it skirting role PM quoting rules, but it makes me very confident he’s also not lying.

spare me this Chaotic Neutrality, you bring that book down right now if you got some dirt that can help us sort out the dog pool faster

Hawthorn

Also, I don't have the win con about exploding the base. That was another thing that made me suspicious of randomless.

Hawthorn

I don't think we can be THAT sure that one of the dogs is the Thing. I know it fits with the flavor, which is compelling evidence, but not conclusive, could also be that in our game the infection starts with a human.

The reason I don't want a name claim is because this will DEFINITELY tell the things where all the power roles are (all the humans) allowing them to direct their infection targets at the humans.

I think we can't operate with the notion that the thing isn't going to get that information pretty quickly. I don't expect the 9 of us to be left uninfected very long, so I do think the thing will get a big chunk of info to use pretty quickly anyway.

If there's a chance to kill one infector right off the bat, I think that outweighs the downside of the thing getting information on who PRs are. They still won't know which roles are more desirable right away.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
If we're confident that the 3 of you are telling the truth about bring dogs then that's all the more reason to force claims
I have no objection to name claims being pushed for.

spare me this Chaotic Neutrality, you bring that book down right now if you got some dirt that can help us sort out the dog pool faster
My role PM specified that I'm a good puppo, and Ambo said the same thing. I think that's all it is.
I’ll just say it’s a spelling thing. Maol can maybe connect the dots if he checks his role PM.

Hawthorn

That's two dogs and a human who don't have that win con, but the sample PM and randomless do have it. At this point I really want to test randomless.

Hawthorn

I totally misremembered who implied that the base exploding was in their win con, probably because I was tunnelling on randomless.

It was our own Z Beat, in post #269.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Not interested in shooting Neki. As the morning approaches, I'm feeling the idea that there is a good town PR there. He did not have that much of a presence in the main thread, what is a typical thing for some town PRs to do. I disagree with staying silent, but currently I don't think it is what scum or the Thing would do. Or perhaps he needn't worry, since he has a manipulative power that will make me shoot myself (it is possible btw, there is no mention of other player in my PM, go for it o glorious manipulative powers, wherever you are).

Shooting a dog sounds more enjoyable. Random.org said that I should shoot Natiko in that case. With the doggies confirming each other though, I'd have to play with the idea that the Thing-dog (if such may exist) either had the dog PM in addition to their own, or that the transformation happened when the night fell. Something like that. Other than random.org, I guess I could use the reasoning that I expect nothing but perfection from Nat so obviously he has not been performing as expected. Don't feel like shooting Maol, he is doing things. Ambulance is in the middle.

Could kill EC. Getting answers out of him might be difficult. I don't fancy shooting Randomless after a reread, he was the one sole energetic being in the whole thread D1.

Coming back to the idea that Nat-who-is-getting-shot-maybe? mentioned about guessing the assimilation target... it's haaaaaaard. It'd be best to get people who aren't going to get tested, the whole regular cult thing. Something like Vere, Mazre and anex from Team America, me, HP, Ambulance and Neki from Team Norway. Adjusting the latter group based on the events in this chat: drop all but me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom