Pair Thread The Map Room - Night 2 Chat (Natiko/Kyanrute)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
And yes, I was very asleep.

xd home team voting for hp lol. But that was unavoidable, I think. Whenever his claim would've been revealed, the same shit would've happened, just with a twist of OMG AWAY TEAM YOU SUCK KILL ALL NEUTRALS.

Still don't understand what that dog nonsense and 5 was about around the end.

Chuggs hopping around, at least on a surface level, bothers me a bit.

I am firing again tonight, my shot got refunded. Who should I kill, besides you?

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
I think killing me and then nin makes sense. If you take me out of the equation then I’d say Nin and Neki or Mazre. I’m gonna be a question going forward regardless. Nin is always going to be suspicious and bait. Neki and Mazre just feel pretty off to me in general. HP’s claim was jacked but at least we know regardless it can be ignored. I can’t wait until post game to understand wtf was happening there. If that claim is real I have to know the reasoning. I have to. Also drunk so sorry lol

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Be as drunk as you'd like lol.

Mazre does feel off, sure, and I think he would've been a reasonable enough of a N1 infection. That's of course assuming that an infection mechanic is in play, it is rather hard to juggle two somewhat opposite game plans in my head. The threshold between caught scum nin and casual nonchalant town nin is tad too subtle for me and I can't yet distinguish for certain which nin version this is. Ain't nobody infecting nin early on though, as most would see him getting checked early on as a likely possibility. He could've started as scum though, maybe.

I get the Neki argument that Chuggs made but I think I still end up leaning more towards town, just by an inch. But man, there is now a bit of a pattern of avoidance and self-defense there, what reminds me of some of my own scum games in which I was in a less-than-ideal position. He didn't even say anything about his action failing, what makes me believe that he has no action. He has a passive PR, what likely weakens the potential power level of it. I am down to something like BP for his role, that's one of the things that could be worth hiding. BUT STILL, is this just a conflict of play styles? I dunno.

Who is super town in your mind? I was thinking something like Maol, Vere, maybe even Hawthorn, Blarg and Ambulance too. Have to start making guesses about the possible infections too at this point. Who has low enough of a presence to not get targeted by actions but at the same time is not interesting enough of a target to test? Then there is the off chance that the Thing is someone who does not operate by these rules and instead infects on a whim or something, but can't really do anything about that right now.

Natiko

My argument for killing Nin isn’t even that I feel like he’s absolutely scum but he CAN be scum and honestly he’s never going to prove himself so removing him helps.

So did Neki not claim? The way they talked last phase made me think Neki claimed and I missed it since I missed the end of the chat. Idk though.

I have no issue with you, haw, Maol, Hedin, Blarg, Loki, and HP

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Dunno what you saw, but Neki just claimed human and PR I think. Nothing more than that. I took the hopeful stance and wished to believe that he actually has something worth protecting, but IIRC he never replied to me about that. I interpreted much of that as genuine frustration about the info drops, but I could be wrong.

Natiko

Idk. Neki was just a bit resistant at night and then didn’t seem to be I rayed in pushing much forward during the phase. Just a lot of distance. But do what you want my man. Cult games are fucked. I’ll fight anyone that tries to talk shit

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
And when it comes to your nin argument, I think you are right in a way. The HP vote suggests that people are eager to go for easy targets that fail to show that they are town. In reverse though, if the Thing or the scum or the whatevers see this the same way as I do, it also would mean that nin ain't going to get infected soon. But the night after nin gets isolated, he is likely to get infected.

Removing uncertainty is boring, but then again I shot EC last night and I am a boring townie in general so what's there not to like.

Natiko

In a game that we don’t think j had normal mafia I think the benefit of eliminating easy votes only raises the validation to remove those low hanging third fruits. I don’t rant to die but like, I’m going to continue to be a point of contention. Fuck it

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I dunno, I'll likely shoot you unless after a reread I find a better target or if I get the feeling that everyone will suddenly start believing that you are 100% town for the foreseeable future. Have to evaluate whether or not people will want to keep on pushing you. I think the answer is yes, but we'll see.

Natiko

If you ice me I only ask that you look at votes for people that were very content right at the end. Whoever is thinged would have no reason to bounce around, so my thought is they probably parked a vote and did nothing.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Nin, Mazre and EC then. All dropped their votes near the end, all lacking certain oomph behind the votes.

Natiko

A good trio to grill especially since all three have been effusive in general. If the infection does spread through the night chats I expect Thinged people will also be dodgy or straight up lie about their pairings, so keep an eye out for that too. I know a couple people want everyone to openly claim the chats which I think would be good, but Thinged won’t and honestly there might even be some town? People really hated our claim plan lol I’m bummed this game went so sideways for me. Hopefully you all bring it home o7 At least I get to die a good doggo and my streak of never being misvoted will survive lol

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Z-Beat is there at the end, but does not partake in the main trains. Votes for Chuggs because he wants to kill that argument so it does not get spammed for days to come. Nothing too noteworthy but should still ask about it.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I don't think the plan was anything too good, I just went along with it because I had planned to claim in the N1 chat since I saw my PM. Wanted to do a good old fashioned CLAIM OR EAT LEAD -play, but nooo, can't have that.

Natiko

i think I would add Randomless to your list as well. He rides his vote from earlier in the day out, and is active at day end but isn’t actually pushing for HP or really adding anything of real note to the discussion. He doesn’t seem to care about the outcome all told. Sorry you didn’t get to have your fun, we can roleplay it in here if you’d like. We can pretend I’m super mysterious and you don’t know anything about my role:spy:

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
fuck no, it was better for everyone involved that I missed that opportunity

I've been thinking Randomless too, not sure how to word the feeling I get from him. It's like he is too focused or something, like he is playing a different game. Like he has his head above water, like those who know too much have.

Natiko

Yeah, I think I’d dig into that list and keep an eye on any weirdness around their chat partners just in case. If I had to gut check it I’d say Randomless and Mazre stand out the most from the group. Of course that’s partially because meta would tell us Nin and EC were going to be weirdos regardless. Cult games roll downhill so fast, I doubt we have the leeway to test on those grounds like you might in a normal game where you take a phase or two just to clear up those question marks before end game.

Natiko

Wait a minute. Haw’s power is useless if the infection is constrained by the night chats isn’t it? I’m not sure how to square that away.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Why would the night chats constrain the infection in the first place? Maybe the first one, but limiting infections to pairs makes things possibly way too easy to figure out.

Natiko

It just thematically makes sense and felt like the reason for the night chats, but it doesn’t really mesh with a watcher unless Thinged people have other abilities as well. So the night chats might just be a red herring then.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I think the chats exist solely to foster a horror-like atmosphere. Town versus cult, are you talking to a human or something completely different? Are we controlling information or leaking it? I don't think there needs to be a greater mechanical tie-in than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom