Pair Thread The Sleeping Quarters - Night 3 Chat (Kyanrute/Verelios)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

Were-elios
Anyway, I'm mildly shocked that neither Maol or Haw was the Thing. I suppose that makes things tough for tomorrow. Of the people

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I think it just is that the cult (master?) picks a target and a chat is formed between the cultist and the target. Infection happens at the end of the night, not before.

That's what I'd like to say, but that does not really work that well with Hawthorn. It would be very sad if the chats were a massive red herring, we'd never solve this in that case.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
With Hawthorn flipping human, I'd almost go back to the idea that infection is separate from the chats.

How could there be four Things running around tomorrow? Start with two at max, recruit Natiko (3), recruit ???-1 and Natiko dies (3), recruit ???-2 (4). Oh, it is possible. That is not good. Seems a bit much so perhaps we started with one. Still pretty bad.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I only briefly glanced at the day end so I have no idea about the actual substance behind the arguments. On a surface level Maol flipping human wasn't that surprising, and I can't help but feel that Randomless is driving an agenda. Chuggs was complacent and I think Hedin should be doing a bit more. A huge blob of people are just meshed in together, doing nothing.

At least maybe nin was town tonight? Cool, can't do anything with that.

I think this was lost right now. I want to become a Thing now.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
D3 status.

Clear:
[He/Him] HPSauce|HP - UTC+1
[He/Him] Maolfunction|Mao - UTC-7
[She/Her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+3

A loose mechanical clear:
[He/Him] Nin - UTC+1

Shitty chat clears, didn't their infect cleared partners:
[He/Him] Mazre - UTC-4
[He/Him] Verelios|Vere - UTC-5

Had a credible enough of a vote on Nat, could still have been infected on N2:
[He/Him] A Wild Ambulance Appears - UTC-6
[He/Him] anexanhume|Anex - UTC-4
...[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chuggs - UTC-5?

The Things (D2 vote):
[He/Him] EvilChameleon|EC - UTC-4 (Chuggs)
[He/Him] Randomless|Rando - UTC-5 (HP)
[He/Him] Z-Beat|zbeat - UTC-8 (Chuggs)
[He/Him] MrHedin|Hedin - UTC-4 (HP)
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8 (off train)
[She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC+8 (HP)
[He/Him] Neki - UTC-7 (Nat)

Verelios

Were-elios
D3 status.

Clear:
[He/Him] HPSauce|HP - UTC+1
[He/Him] Maolfunction|Mao - UTC-7
[She/Her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+3

A loose mechanical clear:
[He/Him] Nin - UTC+1

Shitty chat clears, didn't their infect cleared partners:
[He/Him] Mazre - UTC-4
[He/Him] Verelios|Vere - UTC-5
Yeah boi.
Had a credible enough of a vote on Nat, could still have been infected on N2:
[He/Him] A Wild Ambulance Appears - UTC-6
[He/Him] anexanhume|Anex - UTC-4
...[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chuggs - UTC-5?
I thinj Ambulance was solid D2. Chuggs might be compromised, he's been pocketing hard. Anex...I think he's good. New but not panicking.
The Things (D2 vote):
[He/Him] EvilChameleon|EC - UTC-4 (Chuggs)
[He/Him] Randomless|Rando - UTC-5 (HP)
[He/Him] Z-Beat|zbeat - UTC-8 (Chuggs)
[He/Him] MrHedin|Hedin - UTC-4 (HP)
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8 (off train)
[She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC+8 (HP)
[He/Him] Neki - UTC-7 (Nat)
Man. I'm thinking EC, Z-Beat, Blarg and Neki are most suspicious here. The first is because he was really muted in chat and swung whichever way with votes. The latter are just my own suspicions on how they've been acting erratic in thread.

I don't think Random would be as active if he was scum. Like, he got into a tuff eith Maol for no good reason and put a highlight on himself tomorrow.

Loki...she hasn't really made a hard stance. I want to see some more of her thoughts tomorrow but she's been good at putting down readlists.

Hedin was one of my town reads. Ngl, he dropped down today. His posts felt somewhat opportunistic but I still feel like they didn't cross the line into scum territory.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Chuggs didn't vote Nat, but the two fought for a bit, I mislabeled that. I thought that was something that might've been genuine, but faking it is certainly not out of the question either.

The infection should spread wide now. If Ambulance and Chuggs aren't already infected, I'd get one of them maybe, as the focus will be on me and HP tomorrow. Max troll pick: nin. Plenty of good targets on the board. Anex laid some groundwork for pushing me tomorrow, will be curious to see what happens there.

Ah yes, one more show. I have a gun, you might've heard about it. Who should I shoot?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I haven't read loki that deeply, that's a good blind spot right there. Z-Beat is telegraphing that he is doing something with his powers but I quite doubt it'll be anything but a bandage to a gaping wound. Neki has done very little. I liked D2 Blarg but that is not enough to clear him, especially when in the end he did not have his vote on Nat, who he pushed for a long time.

Verelios

Were-elios
Chuggs didn't vote Nat, but the two fought for a bit, I mislabeled that. I thought that was something that might've been genuine, but faking it is certainly not out of the question either.

The infection should spread wide now. If Ambulance and Chuggs aren't already infected, I'd get one of them maybe, as the focus will be on me and HP tomorrow. Max troll pick: nin. Plenty of good targets on the board. Anex laid some groundwork for pushing me tomorrow, will be curious to see what happens there.

Ah yes, one more show. I have a gun, you might've heard about it. Who should I shoot?
That's a good question.

I think blarg is a good option, just because I doubt we get around to testing him anytime soon. Or you could shoor me and leave me a good boy.

Verelios

Were-elios
I haven't read loki that deeply, that's a good blind spot right there. Z-Beat is telegraphing that he is doing something with his powers but I quite doubt it'll be anything but a bandage to a gaping wound. Neki has done very little. I liked D2 Blarg but that is not enough to clear him, especially when in the end he did not have his vote on Nat, who he pushed for a long time.
I don't know what to think about Z-beat's 'almost there' claim. I won't believe it until I see it.

What did you like from D2 Blarg?

Verelios

Were-elios
thriller-michael-jackson.gif

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I don't know what to think about Z-beat's 'almost there' claim. I won't believe it until I see it.

What did you like from D2 Blarg?
It's not that he claimed anything meaningful, I am grasping at straws at this point. He seems to believe that he can do something, so I hope he can do just that.

With Blarg I remember liking his Nat push somewhat, it was town Blarg-like in a Blarg way. I don't think he would've pushed Nat like that if they were teamed. Of course he then wiffed the end and did not commit to his own thoughts, what certainly casts doubt on the genuineness of it all somewhat.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
And I don't like the shoot you answer, it is lazy. You are not infected, you know that, there is no point in shooting you. Don't be Nat 2.0.

Verelios

Were-elios
And I don't like the shoot you answer, it is lazy. You are not infected, you know that, there is no point in shooting you. Don't be Nat 2.0.
I was just messing with you lol. Thought it would be funny seeing 'me' as an option choice twice in a row.

Verelios

Were-elios
It's not that he claimed anything meaningful, I am grasping at straws at this point. He seems to believe that he can do something, so I hope he can do just that.

With Blarg I remember liking his Nat push somewhat, it was town Blarg-like in a Blarg way. I don't think he would've pushed Nat like that if they were teamed. Of course he then wiffed the end and did not commit to his own thoughts, what certainly casts doubt on the genuineness of it all somewhat.
Blarg believes he can do something? That doesn't seem unusual, he has almost infinite confidence in himself regardless of alignment.

I do agree on your Blarg push D2 thouhh. I think not comitting to Nat at the end is kind of meh but him not voting for HP during the mad rush is a plus for him, true.

I feel like if we get just one more infection we'll be able to rationalize how it works better by contact tracing. Hm. How likely do you think Z-beat would try to stall because of his future promise of doing something?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Blarg believes he can do something? That doesn't seem unusual, he has almost infinite confidence in himself regardless of alignment.

I do agree on your Blarg push D2 thouhh. I think not comitting to Nat at the end is kind of meh but him not voting for HP during the mad rush is a plus for him, true.

I feel like if we get just one more infection we'll be able to rationalize how it works better by contact tracing. Hm. How likely do you think Z-beat would try to stall because of his future promise of doing something?
I feel Z-Beat has been playing a very in-character game of focusing on things that he finds interesting and promising. Could he try to stall? Yes, I'd consider that a desperate move and a bad sign. I don't think he has done it yet though. And it's not like he has promised anything, really. It's more of a "hey, I have a power, I'll do something with it."

Verelios

Were-elios
I feel Z-Beat has been playing a very in-character game of focusing on things that he finds interesting and promising. Could he try to stall? Yes, I'd consider that a desperate move and a bad sign. I don't think he has done it yet though. And it's not like he has promised anything, really. It's more of a "hey, I have a power, I'll do something with it."
Hasn't he though? Hasn't he?

All things fair, Z-beat has been fairly active after D2. Hm. What do you think of the 3 people room? Would it be less likely to be an infection source you think?

I'd personally say yes. It looks like an infection deterrant flavor wise.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
Hasn't he though? Hasn't he?

All things fair, Z-beat has been fairly active after D2. Hm. What do you think of the 3 people room? Would it be less likely to be an infection source you think?

I'd personally say yes. It looks like an infection deterrant flavor wise.
At this point I just don't have an idea. Perhaps there was at least a single human in the threesome of the last night. Two isolated, assuming that HP ain't perma'd, means that we get a second threesome as well. That might be anything.

But I don't think there is a mechanical connection between the infections and the three-person chat.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
I was thinking about shooting EC because he will always be nothing but an unknown. Or Chuggs, just for the heck of it. He's going to get infected at some point anyway if he ain't that already.

I dunno, shit is hard.

Verelios

Were-elios
I was thinking about shooting EC because he will always be nothing but an unknown. Or Chuggs, just for the heck of it. He's going to get infected at some point anyway if he ain't that already.

I dunno, shit is hard.
I wouldn't want to be you, that's for sure.

At this point I just don't have an idea. Perhaps there was at least a single human in the threesome of the last night. Two isolated, assuming that HP ain't perma'd, means that we get a second threesome as well. That might be anything.

But I don't think there is a mechanical connection between the infections and the three-person chat.
Everything keeps coming back to how the infection mechanic works, and I don't know if we'll find out in short order. I'll just believe it had to be contact tracing and base ny reads on that. Otherwise this is SOL.

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
More like I don't like how people are just looking at the contacts. The whole MUST CHECK AWAY thing for one. Annoying.

Verelios

Were-elios
More like I don't like how people are just looking at the contacts. The whole MUST CHECK AWAY thing for one. Annoying.
Hm. I suppose we could expand the scope but it would need to be done with the thought that there were 2 infectors at game start. Maybe N0?

Kyanrute

kyan-rute
>.> Rude. You should be infecting me.

I'm going for Maol o/
Maol did a number on your credibility, you might not be the best test target, but cult chat is too afraid of touching you.

It is very brave of your cult to waste a shot on an fresh test, but you do you. May the best master win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom