Little Robot Cult \o/

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
I apologise for making you worry!
Day start was 2am and I had to wake up at 5am to get ready for work so I was asleep then.

Unfortunately I am now *at* work for the next 10 hours (Saturday phases are my bane)

I get a short break I usually get to take sometime between 10 and 11gmt (3-4 hours from now) depending on when deliveries arrive.

I have a half hour break I usually get to take around 1.30pm gmt (about 6 and a half hours from now), but I'm pretty sure that falls in loki sleeping hours.

After that I won't be on until I finish at 5pm.

I'm really sorry. Rl and timezones combine to cause problems!

That said, whooooooo!!
We got one!!
Welcome robo husband, to the little robot cultist family!! :D

372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png

And I'm glad it looks like you're already having fun here as well to boot :D

372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png

Looking forward to becoming as gods with you all later :D

372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png
372774228899921930.png

No worries Ephi
I see those at signs and numbers! Love it. Seriously, really excited to see your slow corruption posts.

No worries, RL comes first!! As Zeke pointed out, we control the vote, so as long as we make our big posts at some point today, it doesn't matter than much when, or even if they're all at the same time. I could post first then say "I never posted that. What are you talking about? It looks like you quoted a post, but I don't see anything there" until you guys show up. Could actually be fun. But I also kind of like the idea of it being a big Moment.

I'm about to leave for a hike and will be back in about 3-4 hours. Which by my calculations is not far from the time that Ephi gets off work! Maybe today -- actually today -- could be the day of godhood?? Let me know, little robots.

We do want to see if Neki checks in first, but I don't think we want to delay indefinitely. You never know, there could be a day vig or something.

Yea seems like stuff may line up for everyone in like 3.5ish hours
They really are taking their time on Scumchat.

I'm hoping scum Neki fished Haw and now scum chat is like
giphy.gif
9bfa64a3edc4d83773b37c9141341370.gif

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
and if that's the case they may be trying to decide to come forward about the cult or............neki throwing other scum under the bus.

Hawthorn

I'll explain my reasons later
I'm back from my hike! If we're all around ... it might be time.

@Neon @EzekelRAGE @Ephidel should we become as gods??

Feeling very sure it's Neki and Maol. The role fish was never real and neither was the extra track shot. They don't know about the cult. They were just buying another day.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Cool.........ngl like I thought we may have all killed ourselves there, but yolo lol.

Nice turn from what happened in the series with them killing themselves.

Hawthorn

I feel bad that our reveal upset Maol so much. Maybe he's town??? Or maybe I'm falling for emotional manipulation again?

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
I feel like the annoyance is NAI, considering the point at which we have revealed ourselves has given us a stranglehold of sorts on the votes.

Hawthorn

Yeah, it could come from a perspective of "wtf is with this cult, gamerunners, now it's much harder for mafia to win!"

Hawthorn

That moment when he posted "shocker" when we revealed gave me pause as it also seemed like a town reaction.

I guess if you were mafia not sure what was going on, then why not continue to act town just in case.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Yeah, it could come from a perspective of "wtf is with this cult, gamerunners, now it's much harder for mafia to win!"
His whole argument against the cult is more game balance/mafia perspective.

Think we flip maol, if he is town then we can believe the motivate/tracking results.

His N1 results are still a question mark. We know something saved Sorian N1, Launch makes up for that.

I also dont like the fact he settled on 4 possible vanillas before the cult reveal and post reveal he has largely just been tryin to throw shade on the cult instead of actually solving. Like he would have us go through the cult 1 by 1 instead of looking outside of it.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Compare how Maol was on Monkey when he tracked her to a dead body to Launch.

He immediately went for Ephi/Haw. Only brought up Launch in response to me. Even then he wasnt really pushin it, just said

does that indicate a scum read? I was far more suspicious of Launch being scum than Ephi and wanted to see if I could get something out of tracking him. Do note he visited the dead player he claims to have tried to save that no one really seems to be focusing on. I've heard that argument before.
I respond with
Why are you makin that argument? What's the point of bringing this up? You scumread Launch for that?

Your tracking result for C4 also still doesnt add up.
Which he doesnt answer.

Hawthorn

His whole argument against the cult is more game balance/mafia perspective.

Think we flip maol, if he is town then we can believe the motivate/tracking results.

His N1 results are still a question mark. We know something saved Sorian N1, Launch makes up for that.

I also dont like the fact he settled on 4 possible vanillas before the cult reveal and post reveal he has largely just been tryin to throw shade on the cult instead of actually solving. Like he would have us go through the cult 1 by 1 instead of looking outside of it.

He's making me feel paranoid, but this is something that he's good at, and probably the only way to win as mafia, if he is.

Good point about the jail N1. It never did make sense that Sorian survived c4's attack. But even then, "no result" doesn't make any sense. Something else happened with his results.

But for Launchpad, what happened with EC's redirection towards Stan? Seems like it should have hit Launch, in which case why didn't he claim?

Are you guys all mafia and manipulating me like Maol said????

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
He's making me feel paranoid, but this is something that he's good at, and probably the only way to win as mafia, if he is.

Good point about the jail N1. It never did make sense that Sorian survived c4's attack. But even then, "no result" doesn't make any sense. Something else happened with his results.

But for Launchpad, what happened with EC's redirection towards Stan? Seems like it should have hit Launch, in which case why didn't he claim?

Are you guys all mafia and manipulating me like Maol said????
I mean, we only assume it would work on Launch. For example how did it choose Neki N3 over Launch or Neon's track item the night he tracked Neki instead of the tracker in Maol?

Ephidel

I thought EC said he picked support again, right?

Does Jail count as support? I'd probably have filed it under protect/other if I'm honest.

In which case, he could have picked support even though there are no more valid supporters. I think after mafioso they said if VA had issued an order to a category with no more valid participants the order would just go poof with no feedback given, but I could be wrong.

Hawthorn

Both very valid points. OK -- I think I would be on board with flipping Maol.

Why would this matter though? He claimed to track Launchpad to Stan, which Launchpad already admitted.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Something to keep in mind, Neki said he couldnt use the item and an ability the same night. So there is a chance he didnt use the item as a cover to say he was roleblocked last night so couldnt do the kill.

Ephidel

I think Zeke's implying if Maol is town it proves Neki didn't lie, and really was a motivator.
Whereas if Maol is scum, Neki could be anything (because Maol said where he saw Launch go after Launch said he went there).

(However it wouldn't entirely rule out Neki giving it to Maol as a pocket attempt/so he had a valid verifiable move on the record if he saw claiming looming).

Launch's case looks suspect if we consider his night actions. He says he used his "Jailer" power on Stan. Jailers or Jailkeepers have both the powers of a doctor and a roleblocker at the same time. Stan shouldn't have died unless scum used a strongman kill or Launch was lying and decided to get roleblocked instead.

What also strikes my curiosity is that, according to the mafia wiki, a tracker or watcher that is blocked by a jailer should get "No Result" instead of no movement or other messages. This lines up with maol's claim. Except Launch claims that CHes targeted C4, not Maol during N1.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Launch's case looks suspect if we consider his night actions. He says he used his "Jailer" power on Stan. Jailers or Jailkeepers have both the powers of a doctor and a roleblocker at the same time. Stan shouldn't have died unless scum used a strongman kill or Launch was lying and decided to get roleblocked instead.

What also strikes my curiosity is that, according to the mafia wiki, a tracker or watcher that is blocked by a jailer should get "No Result" instead of no movement or other messages. This lines up with maol's claim. Except Launch claims that CHes targeted C4, not Maol during N1.
But then you have the issue of C4's kill not goin thru. Could he have lied and actually went after HP? Sure, but that seems slim.

For maol's theory of both scum are in the cult, too much stuff has to line up. Both scum wouldve had to been able to get those fake claims (Father Machine, Mother Machine), that lined up perfectly with the rest of the cult names. Then those same scum wouldve had to read as non power as well? idk, seems highly unlikely.

Ephidel

I mean, paranoid conspiracy glasses on I can just about see a world where Zeke was fucking with the votes yesterday to keep Neon alive *and* get him recruited over LP, but the fact remains that *if* we lucked upon a scum team that were prepared to risk a blaze of yolo gambling with us then Zeke could have gotten him earlier, easy, no need to wait until now.

And then they'd actually both have to have been valid recruits on top of it all, and I find that hard to believe.

One interloper, sure, there's potential. But two? Nah.

Hawthorn

Yeah, like I said in the main thread, if Maol flips town I'll have to consider that 1-2 of you could be an interloper. But I see no reason to break up the cult core today, and I don't see any evidence of being subtly manipulated by scum to add more scum to the cult.

Hawthorn

I mean, paranoid conspiracy glasses on I can just about see a world where Zeke was fucking with the votes yesterday to keep Neon alive *and* get him recruited over LP, but the fact remains that *if* we lucked upon a scum team that were prepared to risk a blaze of yolo gambling with us then Zeke could have gotten him earlier, easy, no need to wait until now.

And then they'd actually both have to have been valid recruits on top of it all, and I find that hard to believe.

One interloper, sure, there's potential. But two? Nah.

Plus, he would've had to suggest to Neon in the scum thread that he claim as a machine, without getting modkilled by mentioning the cult. That's a lot of effort, and a lot of available fake claims.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Question, how many of you are okay with skipping the night phase? (I know Thorny is.) You can PM me if you want.

I guess we have around 5 minutes to plan ahead. If Maol is indeed scum, who is the most likely scum-mate?

And if he isn't, where do we turn next. Lauch, Neki or EC?

Hawthorn

If Maol is a town tracker, Neki's motivate shot has to be real. Which to me kind of clears Neki.

I'm not against looking at EC, but the way he used his power, going just by the proved elements, doesn't seem anti-town.

Meaning that, even assuming a scum Launchpad, if Maol is town I have to consider that one of you could be mafia.

If Maol is mafia and not x-shot, it's Neki, no question.

If Maol is mafia x-shot, it's between Neki and Launchpad, but should still consider the wider pool.

Hawthorn

Night 1 -|- Protect HPSauce - Stan claimed
Night 2 -|- Investigate Neki
Night 3 -|- Support Maolfunction - Neki claimed
Night 4 -|- Protect Hawthorn - Stan claimed
Night 5 -|- Unknown Stan
Night 6 -I- Support Stan

EC's power use, for future reference.

You're the first person here to recognize my icon!! I've had variations of it the entire time I've been playing mafia. I love that series so much.

Rusty lake and The Submachine were my favourite games during my teenage years back in NewGrounds. I still love them to this day.

lokiduck

Rusty lake and The Submachine were my favourite games during my teenage years back in NewGrounds. I still love them to this day.
702339387735670827.gif

Did you just say Submachine?! That is my favorite browser game ever. I bought the whole series tho my newer laptop thinks it's malware so I can only play it on my old computer lol.

Hawthorn

You guys have got to play the new game so we can talk about it! Slice of Sea.

I think there are plans to release Submachine for steam also.

I've been meaning to get the colection whenever it releases on steam. I also never miss the 12 gnomes and new year games. There's just something about Mateuz's atmospheric games. I can't get enough of them.

Also I have Slice of sea on my wishlist. Depending on the price I'll immedeately buy it.

lokiduck

I love Submachine too. Did you see the developer has a new game coming out??
744083918113996880.png

You also know and love Submachine?! And no I didn't know about the new game.
You guys have got to play the new game so we can talk about it! Slice of Sea.

I think there are plans to release Submachine for steam also.
oooooh i'd 100% buy it again on Steam. and I will def check out Slice of Sea

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
With Maol's flip, I'm betting you couldve recruited him. That flip tells me he didnt think the Machine thing wouldve been important, so with went another fake claim of a real character.

lokiduck

Finally, people in this community talking about a video game that I actually know and have heard of!

I played all of Daymare town too. Loki, you would love Rusty Lake/cube escape! The source of my icon, Mr. Crow.
I've played Daymare town and loved it too! I played a lot of game on the website actualy. Tho I still haven't played the last Submachine. I was going to replay them all and do that one befroe my computer started treating the games as malware LOL.

I wanna say I played one game of Rusty Lake but I will def play those. I've loved your Mr. Crow avatars for a while now :D

Ephidel

How "lock town" do you think Maol would have been considered if we'd voted off scum!Launch today instead of him after he tracked someone to the dead person again?

Hawthorn

He kept town reading me on the basis that I was right about Monkey, which of course also gave an implicit town read to himself. He was really trying to push that those who catch scum aren't themselves scum, even with two teams.

I wonder why he didn't push Launch harder after presenting the track result. If it was a bus, why not commit to the bus? And otherwise, why not push to off a townie?

Hawthorn

I also think Maol would have used his real second track earlier. It's obvious he actually tracked Monkey N2. The other one could have been any other night except N6. Then he either opportunistically jumped on Launch's claim to report a redundant result, or he and scum Launch arranged a bus ahead of time.

Although now that I think about it, if it was a pre-arranged bus, they would have had Maol claim before Launch did. A planned bus to get town cred to Maol would have gone:
Maol: I tracked Launch to Stan, the night kill.
Launch: Oh yeah.... I'm a doctor, but like a different type of doctor.

Then we kill Launch and Maol rides on the town cred for the rest of the game. The way it resolved seemed way more like Maol jumping on Launch's claim.

Hawthorn

But in the version where Launch is town, Neki is mafia, meaning there was no motivate shot, meaning it was faked anyway, so the above still holds.

Hawthorn

Maybe we should just turbo Neki after all. If we're right, the game could end today.

Ephidel

I was thinking through the "new" Maol/Launch track and it occured to me that they were linked by the old one too.

You said a watcher blocked by a Jailer would get no result, and that's why the claim didn't line up (because it was c4 targetted, and that's the result you'd expect to see if Maol was targetted).

What would the expected result be of a watcher who tries to watch someone jailed? The full on variety of jailer that blocks all actions.
Would someone trying to track someone afflicted by that get no result too because there's nobody there to watch?

There's a lot of possible explanations for my result that we aren't going to figure out without a scum flip. Maybe c4 was forced to commute N1, or there's a jailer, or I was targeted by a role that nullified all actions for the night. Not sure if this is an entirely useful line of speculation unless you think I'm lying about my result. Which begs the question of why I would lie about what my result was N1, and how that benefits me at all.

Hawthorn

A tracker who tracked a player who was jailed would get "no movement" because the target didn't move.

A tracker who was themselves jailed could get "no result" because they couldn't use their power.

If Launchpad is town, his/Cheshire's jailing of c4 accounts for his kill on Sorian not going through, but doesn't account for Maol's "no result" result.

So, his claim wouldn't have cleared Maol even if we had fully thought it through. VS if he had claimed that Cheshire jailed Maol, that would have supported Maol's claim.

Hawthorn

Neki's confident tone is causing me to doubt myself, just like Maol did literally less than an hour ago XD

Top Bottom