Mason Thread Down The Well

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
Welcome to the Well, where the two of you may try help each other survive.

This is a private chat seen only by the two of you, but know that you may only post here during EVEN days and nights.

ynnny

SPIDER
Hi Masons,
You can talk here for now. This chat will be locked when Day 1 begins since your powers are only effective on Even Days/Nights.

Feel free to strategize and get to know each other in the meanwhile :)

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Hello BK, I am Isaac, ohyeah over RE. I'm glad someone can confirm I'm town because I work best without any suspicion hanging over my head. That being said, we shouldn't claim mason unless one of us is in real immediate danger. We also need to strategize our votes so we won't be seen as following each other as that could appear bad especially if we begin voting out our fellow townies.

What's your experience with Mafia by the way?

This will be my first forum mafia game, so the first few days I’ll just be getting used to how things work
I’ll avoid roleclaiming until it’s absolutely necessary

ynnny

SPIDER
benghis, i had to re-set the chat since isaac was having difficulty accessing the chat. all working now though :> sorry about your comments that got ethered in the process.

BTW how do you keep track on the reads you make?
I'm thinking of making up a spreadsheet with each player just to better visualise how the game is going

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
BTW how do you keep track on the reads you make?
I'm thinking of making up a spreadsheet with each player just to better visualise how the game is going
Since I only play on mobile, I just go by gut. But if keeping a note makes you more effective, by all means.

When I had access to a PC before, I made reads by ISO. Technically, you go through each person's every post then decide by the end what alignment they're leaning. Doing this is quite good for gaining townie points and is also a great way to get a clear picture of the game. It is also a good way to spot out things others might have missed.

You should also check voting patterns, see if people are voting in a way that's suspicious. Voting someone who wasn't their suspect, saving someone's skin minutes from the day's end and then the lynch turning out to be town, stuff like that. You'll know if something is off since people will point it out.

On the subject of being under scrutiny, just keep it cool, and remember it's just a game and it's nothing personal, the most important thing is to have fun.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

PS: I too, do think Wolfenstein is rad, but that's just based on Return to Castle Wolfenstein as I haven't played the others yet. I do have 2009 and The New Order though.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
On the subject of who we're playing with, I have no clue who most of them are. I'd probably be able to tell if rac is good. Oh, Zippedpinhead is playing, I hope he makes a bad day 1 post again if he's scum, heh. Hello, future Zippedpinhead reading this.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
Note: Please do not edit or delete posts in this or any Berserk thread without authorization from a gamerunner or moderator. The same rules apply here as in the main game thread. This message is being posted in every off-site thread.

ynnny

SPIDER
Hi Masons,
This chat has been reopened for Day 2. And will remain opened throughout N2.

It will be locked again when Day 3 rises.

Sweet I was worried that there was an in-game reason why the chat was closed. Thanks ynnny!

I don’t have any qualms voting for terra today. What do you make of his role claim though? Or the supposed emp-like egg that salva handed out?

Btw issac I notice that some players are starting to turn on you. I don’t think it will be a problem for now but perhaps we should set up a code word or something for when you want me to roleclaim.
That way we can still coordinate better even on days where the chat is closed.
I dunno just a suggestion:)

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
I think Terra's a good player, since he listed a bunch of plausible reasons why he turned up as scum, though I really think he is this time.

The reason I listed Apollo and Brazil as my other suspects is that in my gut I feel like they're quietly playing in the sidelines but them supporting Terra's framer thing is a way to throw town into confusion. Who are your suspects as of now?

I actually think if I die, you shouldn't claim mason. You should wait, Mafia might bite and claim the role for themselves. Use it when you're in trouble.

Maybe I could crumb it. Hmm.

Bengis Khan, majestic tiger, how do you feel, looking from that tree, about how things are moving as of now?

Bengis Khan, my fellow mason.

Haha. Sorry, my first time doing breadcrumbs.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Bengis Khan, I have to ask, is there actually a tiger on the anime or manga? So what are you, a tiger or a lion?

We could do this too. It'd read as:
Bengis Khan is the other mason.

If you have any other ideas, let me know.

I'm finding anyone really entertaining the possibility that a framer or a switcher used their power this early on to be a little suspect, but that's just me

Not sure about the breadcrumbs ha. But if I start talking about season 2 of the Wire it means I feel we should claim. Safe words are key! '
I really like the idea of baiting scum into claiming mason though :p

I don't feel good about coolestspot, trigger and possibly splinter
The latter two haven't posted much which doesn't feel right, while I don't think coolestspot is being sincere in his uncertainty

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
It seems Terraforce was right, he was framed.

I actually didn't like the first season of Stranger Things that much and I stopped yesterday on the second episode, I didn't like that the characters do all these stupid things and it's hard to feel sympathy for them.

I watched Mindhunter though, it's great. Also, I've only seen the first season of the Wire but it was amazing, and I should really watch the others.

Back to the matters at hand, yeah, I feel bad about Splinter but good on pointing out that the other two are just getting by, posting a few stuff here and there to appear townie.

I'd bet they'll want Geno's blood on day 3 though. I think you should move forward with the idea to lynch the other three as alternate lynch candidates, we've been burned quite a lot of times with lurkers so let's see where judicious lynching of these folks may bring us.

As for the Switch, I'd only buy one if there's a Souls games announced for it with adhoc :)

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
So do you think Apollo is scum because they bought into the framer idea too quickly, as though they knew there was a framer in the game?
Yep. I'm so sorry, I'm so bad at this game. It always happens like this, town could never always reach a consensus. What do you think? I know you suspect CoolestSpot. The one thing that bugs me is he refused to do a full reads list yesterday, but Geno did.

You're from Australia? Noticed on your timezone. Your people are awesome, at least the friends I've made over the internet :)

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Let's see if someone else claims Mason, might be fun. I don't really know what's happening anymore, maybe he's a tanner? Wins when he gets lynched. He seemed genuine when he confronted his supposed scummates though.

Now Brazil is also acting weird.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
What do you think? Do you feel like he's being genuine in his rage against his teammates or do you think it's all a ploy? I usually just go for Occam's Razor and just believe people, hence my poor track record in this game, heh.

Isaac

Oh, yeah!
Is salva telling the truth about the message he sent you?
Yep, he is. So who are your suspects at this point? I guess I can see how Kalor and DCPat are scum, but these recent role reveals aren't inspiring much confidence with the other folks.

Top Bottom