Spectator Thread The Judges Table

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Now having died.

Scum was gaming my power being used on myself night 2.

hence the Kopite kill.
I got a mini spoiler (confirmed a role no alignment) so I’m not going to weigh in more on who should be dead and who isn’t.

I protected monkey n1, and launch n3.

tumblr_inline_oqfpmbaq4g1u3xntb_500.gifv

And also

i-love-this-game-love-this-game.gif

Scum are definitely gaming the night kills...

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Exactly, they deliberately didn’t target me on night 2, because they assumed I’d protect myself after protecting Dr. monkey.

Which I then squandered by choosing poorly on night 3! Argh! This scum is tricky

I wouldn't say deliberately. We'll go open spoilers after this last vote but I will just say I love their current approach.

Donnie

Mafia, pocketed, or dead N1
Haha Launch working himself into a shoot with this backtrack to the Random/Vere slot and all the wifom on the potential roles I think lol I don't think he's scum, the Nat check stuff just seems too much to be fake in this context and he would have to have directly trailed Nat on EC D1 but he's tripping himself up on a slot he doesn't really need to doubt until more obvious people have been eliminated.

Donnie

Really liked that last post from Neki on day 1 and his PoE. I'd swap anex and Cap on his list but feeling more convinced over time it's between Pancakes and VA so I don't think it matters much. I've been leaning that it's Pancakes between the two of them but VA's last string of posts are making me waver lol if he's the godfather I could see him throwing that info out there to try and cement himself as town, lead the hunt for himself and stay one step ahead. His PoE makes me nervous, in my eyes a lot of town would die there.

They need to not forget the total lack of engagement from the wham/Stan slot though.

100% Town
VA
Launch
Neki

Most Likely Town
Pancakes

Could Be Scum
CaptainNuevo
Anex
Verelios
Stantastic
Is it just me who finds VA's read list weird?

I've never seen someone put themselves on their own read list, especially in the "100% town" category lol

It's a bit too "how do you do, fellow town" for me.

Lmfao I actually saw town folks do that in Nightless and it was scum that objected :eyes: time to relitigate Bojack posthumously I think.
But now you know that's how town me thinks. So I can do it when I'm scum in a future game to earn town-cred with you.

Gaming meta in the spec thread, the true way to play mafia.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Heavily judging anyone who continues to actually scumread Pancakes but I’ll support voting her if they vote VA after. They need to clear up the EC wagon since the Zipped wagon is handled and it’s incredibly unlikely there was any other scum on LP.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Pancakes was there and active and could have moved to prevent an LP kill on d1. She could have been frozen scum uncertain and worried that she'd get flipped if she moved. That happens. But there's NO hint of that in the thread. She was chill. scumcakes does not coolly hang out while a teammate dies.

(edit: I didn't go back to check so I don't know if her move could have changed anything but that isn't the point - the point was that Pancakes just doesn't move or feel like scum there at EoD.)

I can't believe they're going back to Random's slot lol
Random's slot was a double vote, and unfortunately that has been scum more often than not in our meta. Which makes it really easy for scum to capitalize on that and force a mis-vote.

You never remember the doubles that are town, you only remember the doubles that aren't

Donnie

Random's slot was a double vote, and unfortunately that has been scum more often than not in our meta. Which makes it really easy for scum to capitalize on that and force a mis-vote.

You never remember the doubles that are town, you only remember the doubles that aren't

Genuinely appreciate notes like this! Things I just don't see

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'll put up the poll for worst jokes in a few hours so you have a bit of time to get them in.

ok If Launch is a scum cop, then I gotta ask.

Why does scum have a cop?

Seriously, this has happened in a few games now and I do not understand what benefit scum has in having a role cop in a smaller non-role madness game. obviously an alignment cop would be completely useless to them, but specifically role cop.

In role madness it makes sense, sniff out the roles that are heavy hitters and then eliminate or lock them down.

but I just don't understand it in a not role madness game.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
ok If Launch is a scum cop, then I gotta ask.

Why does scum have a cop?

Seriously, this has happened in a few games now and I do not understand what benefit scum has in having a role cop in a smaller non-role madness game. obviously an alignment cop would be completely useless to them, but specifically role cop.

In role madness it makes sense, sniff out the roles that are heavy hitters and then eliminate or lock them down.

but I just don't understand it in a not role madness game.
Which means it’s probably not a scum cop.

Random also wasn’t a double. He won a double as a prize.

Stantastic

Our Badminton Stanpion
Oh wow they actually just sleptwalk into my kill hih? The only person that gave any attenpt at a reason fir or against was Neki.

The hell was Anex on about me 'going silent after being less of a target'? My recent posts were the only ones that were actually worth posting lmao.

Like the fact that several people required reminding that i went to sleep makes me think noone even read my posts today, which i wouldnt really mind if they didnt end up voting me for no reason.

Voting stan was so dumb. So now tomorrow they will continue to be paranoid about all the people they were paranoid about today.

Good job town.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
I feel like these types of days always happen when the game goes on too long. Town is still in a good spot but when pretty much all the claims are out and you've had a couple misvotes you start to doubt yourself. Re-reading doesn't help because you're just looking at it the same way and you don't get that outside perspective when you're bouncing around ideas in an increasingly small crowd (which is why sometimes the late-game replacement can swing the game). From there, it just takes a little disagreement or an honest mistake from someone to put you in a tunnel.

It's worse when you're one of the "lock town" who hasn't died yet. You have the added pressure of being a town leader (assuming the others don't think you're a deep wolf) and each failure weighs on you more and more.

I still think town wins this, but scum is doing well.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I think town will pull it off in the end despite scum blending in fairly well. Stan was weird yesterday, I think they should have gone after one of the bigger question marks, but they are working through the process. It's actually been nice to see people just working on solving with no weird design gimmicks, it's just down the the social deduction part of the game.

Donnie

I think town will pull it off in the end despite scum blending in fairly well. Stan was weird yesterday, I think they should have gone after one of the bigger question marks, but they are working through the process. It's actually been nice to see people just working on solving with no weird design gimmicks, it's just down the the social deduction part of the game.
I would genuinely like to do another nightless in the future for this reason lol now that I have a better idea of what scum strategies and behaviour look like. The role deduction is interesting but I liked that pure social deduction in nightless and you could only go if town threw you out.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I mean when you're down two after the first day and a half why not just yolo and let the dice gods confuse everyone?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I've gotta say, I do appreciate how much effort VA's put into the game. Scum as fuck but I enjoyed reading those posts.

He's been playing about as well as you can expect from the circumstances. Potentially getting to melo (if they vote Pancakes first) when you lose your teammates in the first 1.5 days? Very impressive.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
He’s played great so far, though I’d argue the Vere kill was a major misstep. I hope someone notices his shift to absolute desperation, though. He’s not desperate to find scum. He’s desperate to not be killed.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
He’s played great so far, though I’d argue the Vere kill was a major misstep. I hope someone notices his shift to absolute desperation, though. He’s not desperate to find scum. He’s desperate to not be killed.

When you're the last scum and in the PoE, you just YOLO, like not using a ninja kill when you could be tracked.

Donnie

Yeah I gotta say, VA has played an amazing game, particularly given the dice rolls lol

Pancakes was finally ready to vote VA there, pain.

Verelios

Were-elios
Yeah I gotta say, VA has played an amazing game, particularly given the dice rolls lol

Pancakes was finally ready to vote VA there, pain.
It always hurts the first time.

Launch seems to have been lost these past few days and it shows when he starts crowdsourcing opinions. He really needs to stop second guessing himself and start taking control of the discussion, for himself if not for town.

Yeah I dunno if its just easier from the comfort of spec but VA is throwing stuff out to survive, pancakes post is still about solving and what's best for town.

The difference in tone feels night and day to me from this comfy spec chair lol

Donnie

It's definitely way easier from here when you can look at it without considering survival or your own role in proceedings. I was looking at Pancakes and VA equally then when VA came in and confirmed there was absolutely a godfather, one scum left and a list putting a ton of town reads at the bottom it felt like a flare going up from here lol

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
Yeah, it’s an exceedingly lame way for the discussion to coalesce on VA.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
When you're the last scum and in the PoE, you just YOLO, like not using a ninja kill when you could be tracked.
That was a calculated risk that backfired. Shit happens. I was never going to win that game but that was a purposeful choice, however it shook out. I think there was a narrow path to victory here for VA but killing Vere made it way smaller.

But I don’t think you actually want to discuss so please feel free to return to your mockery or whatever.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
That was a calculated risk that backfired. Shit happens. I was never going to win that game but that was a purposeful choice, however it shook out. I think there was a narrow path to victory here for VA but killing Vere made it way smaller.

But I don’t think you actually want to discuss so please feel free to return to your mockery or whatever.
Sorry, bad joke.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Shame people keep breaking the rules and speculating on why Monkey replaced out.
It is kinda crappy to see. I have never replaced out so I’m not surprised people fixated on it but it does skirt a line and it’s probably something that needs to be re-discussed post-game. We never actually know what’s up. We don’t need to use it. And we can’t stop anyone from THINKING this stuff, but it shouldn’t be discussed.

Donnie

So were you all as a trio dicerolling from the start or was that VA's response to you guys going out? My luck if I was the first dice roll on my very first night phase lol

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
So were you all as a trio dicerolling from the start or was that VA's response to you guys going out? My luck if I was the first dice roll on my very first night phase lol

It was his response. The first night they were deciding between you and Launch. Obviously they had no idea Launch was the cop and was checking Nat but that was just a gigantic turning point there.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
It was his response. The first night they were deciding between you and Launch. Obviously they had no idea Launch was the cop and was checking Nat but that was just a gigantic turning point there.
Very unfortunate. Bus, get town read by literally everyone except the cop who happens to be overly paranoid and red checks me N1 despite almost being NKed himself. The true struggle. Can’t wait to meme it up in the future instead of this “trying” nonsense.

Anyways, is the mad lad gonna see another phase?! Launch gonna talk himself out of VA yet again lol

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I mean, I respect the dice-roll! I think that's a great response to ending up alone that early because at that point, how many fucks does one have to give? being scum is hard, man, you gotta last for a while and when you're alone, it's bonkers.

But when those dice told me to kill Vere, I'd have said "fuck you no thanks" and killed Launch lol

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yeah, he definitely seems aware of the situation so just have some fun with it.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
FYI, there is no Forbidden Donut.
of course there's not lol
they don't seem to realize that would be... two cops.

(fyi i haven't read everything so maybe this did occur to them at some point in pages I missed)

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
of course there's not lol
they don't seem to realize that would be... two cops.

(fyi i haven't read everything so maybe this did occur to them at some point in pages I missed)

The way they are thinking would imply two cops but if I had implemented it a random player regardless of alignment would have gotten it. I mostly just put that line in there for shits and grins but also to give them a little pause on using it.

Top Bottom