Danganronpa 2 Neighbor Thread - The Beach House

Fanto

Confirmed Town
24YGbeu.jpg

Ahhh, the beautiful secluded private beach house! The perfect place for you two friends to get away from the rest of the group and share some alone time together.

(All normal game rules apply here as well.)

I've never been in a neighbour chat before, how likely are we both town? (Of course if you are scum you have no reason to tell me its not likely)

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
I've never been in a neighbour chat before, how likely are we both town? (Of course if you are scum you have no reason to tell me its not likely)

We don’t both have to be town but the reviewers of this game are assholes if you are scum. I’ll just drop it now that I’m an auto bodyguard, my entire role is that if you are ever targeted for a successful night kill then I just die instead. I assume that means you have some useful role but I know we have to go through the song and dance of not trusting each other first.

Sorian

Staff member
Of note that I clarified btw is that I only do this for night kills and it was called out in the role PM, so I kind of expect at least one day vigilante/scum kill somewhere in the game.

Okay yeah if you're telling the truth, a town role that dies if scum is successfully targeted would be bullshit.

I guess we can trust each other

Sorian

Staff member
I’m treating this as a free listing in my “I’m not going to read this person day 1” list if nothing else. Betray me if you are scum because I don’t have the mental energy to do the scum/town worry with this role, it would be too bastard for my taste. That said neighbor chat is as useful or useless as the people in it want it to be so I’ll try to bounce reads off you if nothing else.

Sorian

Staff member
I don’t think I’ve played with Donnie and maybe Zook? But I feel at home in this roster otherwise. Definitely going to fall into my old meta arguments quick which could be good or bad lol

Sorian

Staff member
I’m hoping this game has something at day start, innocent child, random mini game, anything. I’m not patient around aimless shit talk game start any more.

Yeah day 1 can often suck. Normally I'm one of the highest posters in a game because I get bored. But I'm trying to be more chill and relaxed this game.

Let's see if I can do it!

I don't know bae, wsd or zook.

Sorian

Staff member
I want to find the code in Fate somehow calling us two out specifically but this is a very clear random ass pull.

Sorian

Staff member
Raiding in ffxiv so ill be back in a couple hours

Sorian

Staff member
Game hasn't gotten serious enough yet. That bae read is honest, she is likely town based on her general mood state, she seems like she wants to play. Couldn't even begin to give a scum read, Fate is the only one with substantial posts but him being weird like that is a meme. I also wish Geno's scummy behavior was actually an indicator of anything but I've mislynched him enough to know that he just stirs the pot for no reason.

Well.. Geno lol but as you say he tends to act scummy regardless

Day 1 is so tough though, I'd like to see more engagement from a bunch of people but there is nothing to engage with

Sorian

Staff member
This is usually about the tipping point. Faddy will probably pop in in an hour and shit on my reads, I'll defend or mock back, some side players will take it more seriously, something else will happen, then people will be playing.

Probably

Maybe

Sorian

Staff member
If the dynamic is going to be Fate tripping over himself and Donnie actually claiming Fate is playing 4d chess the entire game then I'll at least be entertained lol

Sorian

Staff member
Geno still latching onto the playstyle comment. Its awfully convenient thing for scum to sit on.

I’ve killed Geno day 1 and been unsatisfied enough times to tell you that his play style is just the worst.

Sorian

Staff member
Gun to my head with nothing better to do, I would vote someone like Geno or to Bae’s point in the thread, nin. But both of them just have bad play styles and it amounts to a crap shoot whether they are scum or not since they act like this all the time.

I’m more curious about the usual loud people who have just joked and left, Faddy being the biggest but Natiko to a lesser degree to. I almost want to soul read Natiko as a neutral because he’s involved as town and involved as scum but he’s background noise here so far.

Good points, I expect more from both of them as town, but its still early not even halfway through the day phase I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now

Sorian

Staff member
See, Faddy is bothering me because he’s better than this. How does he have any real read on Zeke? Has Zeke even posted much? And how does he have a read on WSD when the contribution there has been “it’s been awhile since I played! Should have looked up what bastard means!” I get we have to scrape the barrel this early but there’s nothing there.

Sorian

Staff member
You said you didn’t know Zook either right? I read the wanting to just follow the majority as lazy newbie but if he has more mafia experience then I need to side eye it a bit more.

Sorian

Staff member
My opinion of Donnie is that I feel like I should have a more solid read on him since he has posted a decent amount but nothing has really stuck out. So that’s automatically a scum leaning for me but I also don’t know him at all so that’s not helping.

Sorian

Staff member
I can say for sure him and Fate aren’t partners since Donnie seems to want to hard defend and Fate isn’t playing along.

Sorian

Staff member
I’m definitely saying this too much but Zipped is going to be like that all game. Him and L_P specifically are two that you’ll have to catch via association, they don’t give enough content on their own.

I wonder what Natiko is so unhappy about, he must have a shit role? Which would make him town then

I kind of disagree, I think both when town will still try and post good stuff when they are town.

But its hard to get a grasp of where they are on day 1

Tbh it won't be get interesting till we get some trains going

Sorian

Staff member
L_P gets better sometimes, I feel like Zipped always checks in for his check on lunch breaks or when getting home or whatever and that’s about it.

Sorian

Staff member
It’s quiet, people are too comfortable.

I’d usually do something dumb now but I kind of don’t want to since my whole point is to block you.

Zzzz

Faddy hasn’t made me feel better at all. Kind of get the feeling Zook is going to end up the vote today for some lame excuses that will boil down to a policy lynch.

Sorian

Staff member
You’re letting Geno bait you back lol just leave him, it’s unlikely you get voted today.

And sometimes? We’ve definitely voted out new players day 1 who didn’t defend themselves at all so it’s not a hard rule.

Sorian

Staff member
Yeah Zook is hard to ignore, he seems very flustered for no reason

Sorian

Staff member
It’s quiet, people are too comfortable.

I’d usually do something dumb now but I kind of don’t want to since my whole point is to block you.

Zzzz

Faddy hasn’t made me feel better at all. Kind of get the feeling Zook is going to end up the vote today for some lame excuses that will boil down to a policy lynch.

Quoting myself for lolz since I might vote Zook soon myself

Sorian

Staff member
Huh, I’ve apparently both moderated for and played with Zook, I feel bad for not remembering :/

Sorian

Staff member
I think you should back up for your sanity ATP

Sorian

Staff member
I can't, I've gone to far, I can't let him win
God speed lol

Do you think there’s something to this Vere vote? Faddy did sum up my thoughts well, I don’t think Bae has formulated her reason for scum reading him the best but I still think her intent is pure. Vere is definitely trying to guide the thread but he doesn’t seem to do much with the info he is asking people for.

Sorian

Staff member
Donnie mentioned it and I noticed it too, bae dropped the word lover in one of her posts, it seems clumsy as a breadcrumb but maybe?
She’s been overly flirty as a joke too so it’s definitely possible

And yes to the Faddy thing, that’s why I didn’t like that he was the one who echoed my thoughts.

Sorian

Staff member
If it is a breadcrumb, I think she’s looking for a lover and didn’t start with one is my guess

Oh interesting, that makes sense

Zipped just posted this and its made even me raise my eyebrow

ATP and Zeke. I think ATP has been going strong and making good insightful posts. Zeke just feels like town Zeke at this point (but I will be the first to acknowledge that I have been burned by that thought before).

I've been going hard at geno but even I'd struggle to argue my posts have been insightful towards this game. And since when were truffleshuffles insightful?

Sorian

Staff member
*must resist urge to make snarky comment about how jman isn't trying at all*
I would love to say I’m surprised he changed his vote when I told him too but I’m not lol

———

Zipped clearly isn’t reading the thread, kind of up in the air if you want to believe that’s because of real life stuff or because he’s scum. He’s on my ignore list today personally, he’s easy to catch out mid game.

That's fair, if by day 3 he's still making posts like that its time to say bye bye lol

Nat definitely doesn't seem as rude and outspoken as I usually see him but not sure I scum read him.

Vere is a tough one, om happy for the train to be there but I'm not sure myself

Sorian

Staff member
Lol day 1 is always like this, everyone seems like they know something and the trick is no one knows anything

Sorian

Staff member
Really wanted to see Vere go, was feeling good about that based on how he was acting, malus is more a mystery box so this could go either way

Sorian

Staff member
Well at least that was the worst power ever lol but yeah, was hoping for something good but he wasn’t playing with a goal in mind

Sorian

Staff member
I mean, I’m not guaranteeing it or anything but he’s definitely in my top 2, without any sure info though I’m only at like a 65%

Sorian

Staff member
Knowing you’re town in that tells me at least one person wasn’t trying to protect Vere

Sorian

Staff member
Christ, I just refreshed and Donnie put me in a gossip chat with him, I like to relax during night phases lol

Sorian

Staff member
What do you think about nat? The malus train essentially started because of him yet he voted for vere ultimately because bae told him too
He’s doing some gambit for sure but my original point stands, I don’t think he is on a team. My guess of neutral has been cooling a bit and maybe he just has a dumb town power he is trying to set up but I highly doubt he’s scum, he wouldn’t act like a butt like that on a team.

Sorian

Staff member
If you feel you trust donnie, I don't mind you telling him about us
I already said “my guy, I’m already in a chat” to see if he thinks I’m scum or not lol debating if I name you specifically but I am going to say that I’m in a perm chat with one player.

Sorian

Staff member
Well he says his only power is gossip which is likely. He says he chose me because he wanted to pick someone on the opposite train and I was his top town read from the Vere voters. I have said I’m a neighbor but not the other part of my role or who you are, waiting to see what he says

Sorian

Staff member
So Donnie is probably town, I can’t imagine a scum getting gossip in a role madness gossip game, that would be insanely weak lol

Sorian

Staff member
JOATs are typically one shot and whether Fanto meant to or not, he kind of confirmed that there will be more than one night of gossip chats lol (sorry Fanto) so I doubt it’s a JOAT

Sorian

Staff member
So Donnie claimed more (still doesn’t know who you are or anything) and this seems pertinent since I feel like you are going to tell me you are a vig or a cop. He says that he has a secondary 1-shot motivate that he can use on someone in his gossip chat. So he can add a shot back onto an x-shot power, is that something I should coordinate for him to use on you tomorrow?

Sorian

Staff member
Lol I assumed when you asked that Vere question that I was going to get a vig answer. So do you want me to reveal to him? I don’t how he could be scum with what I have so far

Sorian

Staff member
No, all I’ve said is my ability is passive so I can’t be motivated

Top Bottom