Bastille Saloon

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Man I died before I could shake things up this morning :(

Leo had a fun idea to just claim Micah outright as scum and accuse wiz of knowing my role and not being upfront with their claim. I was starting that (I even told melon I was suck in neighbor chat, cause she asked nicely), but then got turbo'd :(

That was fun though all! Launch, I hope I did your slot proud.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*

Leo had a fun idea to just claim Micah outright as scum and accuse wiz of knowing my role and not being upfront with their claim. I was starting that (I even told melon I was suck in neighbor chat, cause she asked nicely), but then got turbo'd :(

So my read list was like 100% accurate for non town players

:truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle:

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Are you telling me...............not tunneling and not overtalking everyone is the key to playing good as town?

i-never-knew-tony-baker.gif

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Rough spot to drop in at Cap, you gave it a good shot!
Thanks, can't be helped how things played out, but it was fun anyhow and I somehow survived way longer than I expected to, especially being double red checked (and hey, I ate up an extra cop check so... good for me)

Donnie

Mafia, pocketed, or dead N1
So my read list was like 100% accurate for non town players

:truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle:

Yeah Leo looked scummy as hell lmao an ISO on him interacting with/about Frando doesn't look great and in the end his logic for going after Wiz then terra then back to Wiz D1 didn't really check out at all lol. Desperately wants Wiz shot -> but it's to test terra I promise -> terra reveals its a fake claim then just tunnels Wiz anyway haha he's making it work for him in that last day phase though, some folks were listing him as towny haha

LaunchpadMcQ

...can I smell you?

You did great! Way better than I would’ve in that situation. LP said I might’ve panicked and claimed neutral when red checked - I can’t deny that >>;

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Wait what are reads again? I don't think I publicly posted a single read this entire game. Certainly not a list, I had a small one in my neighbor chat but somehow nobody pointed out I didn't post any reads at all. I'm going to subscribe to the illiteracy meta now.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I think it did good. It gave Kopite content and he came across pretty well in it, I'd like to think people think he's less dodgy looking now.
Same for Stan actually.
That's fair - I just think that work and effort could have happened during the Faddy turbo phase, but I'm not as invested so maybe I'm wrong, idk!

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Wait what are reads again? I don't think I publicly posted a single read this entire game. Certainly not a list, I had a small one in my neighbor chat but somehow nobody pointed out I didn't post any reads at all. I'm going to subscribe to the illiteracy meta now.
Reads are where you determine Wizard is scum and vote him

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
That's fair - I just think that work and effort could have happened during the Faddy turbo phase, but I'm not as invested so maybe I'm wrong, idk!

I saw the logic in turboing me tbh. Better for people to be quickly wrong imo.

Before i died no one but me knew there was something wrong. And even I wasn't sure what it was. At least in the last day phase town could build on some sort of solid footing that Captain was scum even before the flip. In the previous phase it would have all been based on me being scum which could have lead people down some bad paths.

I know for me personally the wait after after fates flip felt extra long since we had x amount of hours on top of the 24 hour wait and going into the next day knowing we were 99% going to flip faddy, I just didn't want to waste more time for a foregone conclusion and I honestly don't think any amount of discussion would have changed the Faddy flip.

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
I know it's easy to say from spec, but taking Nin's re-check into account there really should have been a chance of Cap being voted out first happening.
(But I'm not entirely convinced that would have saved Faddy from following him out anyway).

Donnie

(But I'm not entirely convinced that would have saved Faddy from following him out anyway).

Probably not lol, even flipping Cap first there was still the chance Fate swapped a red with a red so sadly both were probably doomed lol poor Faddy

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
I know it's easy to say from spec, but taking Nin's re-check into account there really should have been a chance of Cap being voted out first happening.
For me, it was scummy that Faddy chose to kill Fate, the switcher, over cap.
Nin comes with a red check on Player A.
Fate says he switched player A and B.
Player B has an override.
If im player B and I know I'm town, kill A. Leave all the wild theories about scum switcher/scum cop, til after we get A's flip.
Faddy polling ppl on what to do and then tossing that out to override Fate over Cap also didnt help.

Nin's second check on Captain - Meh
- Paranoia was getting to me with all the wild theories from the day before(scum Nin). It was odd to me that Nin had another shot and didnt check Faddy with how he handled the fate situation
-Fate flipped town - Tailored PM aside, killing the switcher like that only helped scum. And it still didnt answer the Cap or Faddy question.
-Was already thinking Faddy didnt want to kill Cap because he knew Cap would flip town and the red check had to be due to Faddy
-Was also annoyed the day ended like that with the override

Faddy

Except Zeke I did my due diligence on working out if it was likely Fate was stopped from switching. He said no shot refunded and me and cap were both targetable. My alignment only depends on Fate's alignment.

What if fate is scum and switched town Cap/Launch with another player e.g. maol but wants to put the red check on me just for the extra chaos. I know fate is lying. i don't know he is lying about the switch existing at all. And since he crumbed it and vere knew it it was highly likely he was a switcher.

If I am scum I actually go through with the override into the cop and try and justify it. I'm red checked mafia, why would I care? Although I guess there is a strong argument that the switcher is a more dangerous role for mafia. But then override nin and then kill fate in the night.

To me the only chance Faddy had of living was taking out cap, then maybe nin uses his last check to recheck faddy and we get a green check. But there is a lot of if's but's and maybes in that scenario.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
What if fate was town and some other random stuff happened to mess up the switch?
No shot refunded says nothing because gamemakers handle it differently.

How did you KNOW fate was lying, other than entertaining a wild theory?

Fate is town and got blocked = Cap is scum due to Nin's check.
Fate is scum and didnt switch Launch at all = Cap is scum due to Nin's check.
Either way Cap is the safest flip.

Your theory about a scum Fate switching townCap out with their scum buddy doesnt make sense. There's no need for a scumFate to interfere with nin's red check because after both Cap and you flip town, eyes go to Fate and Nin. Ppl will flip Fate over Nin.

Faddy

What if fate was town and some other random stuff happened to mess up the switch?
No shot refunded says nothing because gamemakers handle it differently.

How did you KNOW fate was lying, other than entertaining a wild theory?

Fate is town and got blocked = Cap is scum due to Nin's check.
Fate is scum and didnt switch Launch at all = Cap is scum due to Nin's check.
Either way Cap is the safest flip.

Your theory about a scum Fate switching townCap out with their scum buddy doesnt make sense. There's no need for a scumFate to interfere with nin's red check because after both Cap and you flip town, eyes go to Fate and Nin. Ppl will flip Fate over Nin.

If Fate doesn't get refunded on a block then well it sucks. There was no reason to believe shots would not be refunded like every other game. That to me was the least likely thing

How is someone claiming a red check on me a wild theory?

You are thinking too short term too. Ok Captain flips mafia (even though I have no solid info on Captain) . We absolutely need to flip fate the next day. Then the mafia trap still goes off. Unless somehow we all get convinced to let Fate skate, which would have imo have been by far the most dangerous world.

And fate has all the reason to just mess about since they are being pressure by vere to claim anyway so they might as well just make stuff up, especially if they have managed to interfere with a cop.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
If Fate doesn't get refunded on a block then well it sucks. There was no reason to believe shots would not be refunded like every other game. That to me was the least likely thing

How is someone claiming a red check on me a wild theory?

You are thinking too short term too. Ok Captain flips mafia (even though I have no solid info on Captain) . We absolutely need to flip fate the next day. Then the mafia trap still goes off. Unless somehow we all get convinced to let Fate skate, which would have imo have been by far the most dangerous world.

And fate has all the reason to just mess about since they are being pressure by vere to claim anyway so they might as well just make stuff up, especially if they have managed to interfere with a cop.
You were just thinking too long term, trying to push the Fate narrative w/o anything backing it up. Flip Cap.......boom you now have more ammo to push on Fate the next day.
Then on top of that we dont have to waste another cop check on Cap again. Nin can now use it on you or whoever else he saw fit.

The wild theory is you thinking scumFate switched townCap with a scumbuddy, then points the finger at you, just cause.
What if fate is scum and switched town Cap/Launch with another player e.g. maol but wants to put the red check on me just for the extra chaos. I know fate is lying. i don't know he is lying about the switch existing at all. And since he crumbed it and vere knew it it was highly likely he was a switcher.
Fate doesnt get involved at all if you both are town. No one can say fate moved N1.

The red check wasnt claimed on you, it was claimed on Captain by Nin. That's all the info you need on Captain.
Fate introducing the switcher angle is still the same result for you, Captain is scum.

Fate being pressured by vere doesnt meaning anything, because it didnt have any teeth. Vere only called out Fate for not switching Ephi to save her. No one thought Fate was scum for that. Vere came out looking bad with the Fate thing.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
How do you do my fellow townies.
Best of luck to my zipped brethren, tough slot to fill with all the open wolfing from post 1 :(

Exit predictions, slight spoiler on Zippeds alignment:
Scum/scum neighbor chat.
Melon is Milton, maybe the framer if one exists.
3 dead Pinkerton's and 2 dead Dutch's, melon is in a good spot though.
Night actions were planned out during the day phase
Leo - top tell that he was looking for team 2 in multi-ball is assumed I was mafia and looked for bus
Hawthorn - top tell that she was looking for team 2 in multi-ball is speculation that ATP was targeted
Vere - open wolfing on day 3. False neighbor trail.
Melon - false neighbor trail with Vere.
mafia!Fate switched me and Faddy. Nin went to Faddy and red checked me.
I could have saved Faddy day 4 but was in a bad place.
YOU WERE MY GUN FADDY.

Faddy

The red check wasnt claimed on you, it was claimed on Captain by Nin. That's all the info you need on Captain.

Then why were people wanting to vote me over Captainthe day I died. If I wasn't red checked...

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Then why were people wanting to vote me over Captainthe day I died. If I wasn't red checked...
It was the way you got all weird at the end of the one day and started mouthing off at all the people in town and how they were scummier than you and you never even wrote down concepts of yourself being the best flip that day for me. I town read you right up until then, that’s seriously scummy behavior that I see from scum when they’re about to flip, so you completely reversed MY read. [of course i know you’ll never actually let yourself get voted out as town if you can help it, because you know you’re town etc, but usually you do some what-ifs and you didn’t]

I’d be doing wrong things if i was alive this day, so it’s good i’m dead. I’d have refiled melon as town instead of scum2 team. And i might have given zipped a chance where i wanted to kill wizard for behavior w/o regard to reads.

weemadarthur

But yeah putting 2 scum teams and a cult is pretty much screwing over town, the only hope for a townish win is to rename cult and hope you get recruited at that point lel.

Faddy

It was the way you got all weird at the end of the one day and started mouthing off at all the people in town and how they were scummier than you and you never even wrote down concepts of yourself being the best flip that day for me. I town read you right up until then, that’s seriously scummy behavior that I see from scum when they’re about to flip, so you completely reversed MY read. [of course i know you’ll never actually let yourself get voted out as town if you can help it, because you know you’re town etc, but usually you do some what-ifs and you didn’t]

I’d be doing wrong things if i was alive this day, so it’s good i’m dead. I’d have refiled melon as town instead of scum2 team. And i might have given zipped a chance where i wanted to kill wizard for behavior w/o regard to reads.

Sorry wee but you said i should override into myself.

Clearly the worst of any ideas presented.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
kanye-shrug.gif

I guarantee you that if you kill Cap you dont get turboed like that the next day. Ppl told you that Cap was the safest lynch for town.
You even brought up your theory of Scum fate switching out townCap, Thorn told you it was unlikely Cap was town and Fate was scum
If Fate did that, he wouldn't have claimed to have switched Launch, he would have claimed some other switch and let town CaptainNuevo die.
Me, Thorn, and LP said override Cap.
You even made this post:
Ok well I am definitely not with Fanto. That is for sure so if Captain flipped a different mafia faction then i am in the clear.

I am most likely with Captain, considering myself and donnie were trying to clear them earlier in this phase. And i get why someone would think that.

Thinking this through i think flipping Captain is probably more the right play due to my actions but also that fate went out their way to save them. AND it stops the chain of Fate > me > Captain which is potentially just all down to lying nin.

You doing all that stuff that day phase on top of Fate flipping with a town pm, wasnt a good look.
Even if Fate flipped with a scum pm, you probably still get lynched after Cap because of how you handled the Fate/Cap situation + multiteam possibility.
I know from your pov you were just "weighing all angles" but from town's perspective it just looked like scum delaying, because you or cap had to be scum. And overriding Fate just forced Town to spend another day on you and cap.

Also you basically put a gun to town's head with the 2.5 hour deadline, that made the situation worse as well.

Last edited:

Faddy

kanye-shrug.gif

I guarantee you that if you kill Cap you dont get turboed like that the next day. Ppl told you that Cap was the safest lynch for town.
You even brought up your theory of Scum fate switching out townCap, Thorn told you it was unlikely Cap was town and Fate was scum

Me, Thorn, and LP said override Cap.
You even made this post:

You doing all that stuff that day phase on top of Fate flipping with a town pm, wasnt a good look.
Even if Fate flipped with a scum pm, you probably still get lynched after Cap because of how you handled the Fate/Cap situation + multiteam possibility.
I know from your pov you were just "weighing all angles" but from town's perspective it just looked like scum delaying, because you or cap had to be scum. And overriding Fate just forced Town to spend another day on you and cap.

Also you also basically put a gun to town's head with the 2.5 hour deadline, that made the situation worse as well.

The rest of the game put a gun to *my* head.

Immediate talk of wanting to force me to use my override, people talking about voting me out if I went to sleep, theorising I couldn't use my override when I was leading in votes.

I needed to die after Fate flipped but before that town were putting out wilder conspiracy theories about my reasoning and alignment than I ever did.

Well obviously I don't die the next day if I hit Cap but I die the day after we flip fate. unless you were never going to vote out mafia fate???

Faddy

Faddy I'll be honest, I legitimately thought you were scum for killing Fate over me, and I was scum. I even posted it in both my chats that I couldn't see how it would make sense to override Fate over me.

Fate obviously makes more sense to me because I KNOW they lied.

Was fate even on your team?

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
The rest of the game put a gun to *my* head.

Immediate talk of wanting to force me to use my override, people talking about voting me out if I went to sleep, theorising I couldn't use my override when I was leading in votes.

I needed to die after Fate flipped but before that town were putting out wilder conspiracy theories about my reasoning and alignment than I ever did.

Well obviously I don't die the next day if I hit Cap but I die the day after we flip fate. unless you were never going to vote out mafia fate???
1. Dont rewrite how the override claim played out.
----You didnt have to claim at all. That's on you. You couldve pushed the Cap lynch and then used your power on Fate the next day.
----You claimed because you felt you using your override would confirm you as town
----You made it pretty clear you wanted to use the Override that day
always time for discussion.
But there is now a clear contradiction.

nin claims a N1 red on Launch
fate claims a n1 switch with launch and me

I know i am not red and can prove it with my override.
Ok well either nin is lying or you are lying and we are about to find out about you

Because I am an Override. So GG Fate.

The following post came 10minutes after your claim
ATP you are going down a tunnel on an override.

Who should I flip here. I want to trust nin because he has no reason to out a cop check like that unless it is true.

Best case we get Fate and Captain.
So yea, ppl gonna want you to use it after all that.

2. For the most part, the theories came after the way you acted.

3. Dying after you flip Fate - You dont die after flipping fate because, fate being scum switcher with a flipped cap scum makes a decent case. Even if fate flips town, you go unscathed. Fate was getting heat already from the way they claimed.

Faddy

1. Dont rewrite how the override claim played out.
----You didnt have to claim at all. That's on you. You couldve pushed the Cap lynch and then used your power on Fate the next day.
----You claimed because you felt you using your override would confirm you as town
----You made it pretty clear you wanted to use the Override that day

The following post came 10minutes after your claim

So yea, ppl gonna want you to use it after all that.

2. For the most part, the theories came after the way you acted.

3. Dying after you flip Fate - You dont die after flipping fate because, fate being scum switcher with a flipped cap scum makes a decent case. Even if fate flips town, you go unscathed. Fate was getting heat already from the way they claimed.

I was always going to use my override

And Cap is never getting voted out. town!Fate is saying nin didn't even check Captain.

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Not for no reason. For the memes!
The true Fate experience.

Yeah, I was not expecting that at all. I was so convinced you were scum on the other team I was half trying to argue we kill you at night just to clear me during the day.

But yeah I was just trying to get Melon to back me up as a neighbor claim, while trying to do it in a very "pro-town" way where I was concerned with outing other town members etc. Fate coming in with that swap was hilarious, and it turned my face into a huge grin, because Chaos is awesome.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
I was always going to use my override

And Cap is never getting voted out. town!Fate is saying nin didn't even check Captain.
1. So why are you talkin about you were forced to use it that day?
2. Without your override, cap gets voted out.

Idk what you are currently arguing about, you are just going in circles.
Overriding Fate over Cap in that situation made no sense, and you wont convince me otherwise. And it's no one else's fault but your own, how that phase and the day after played out.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Anyway spoilers time

Town remaining is:
HP and Hawthorn the Lovers
Vere the Thief
Wipped the Miller
Nin the Cop
Stan, Jman, Bojack, and Neki the Vanillas.

Dutch’s gang:
Leo the roleblocker
Kopite the rolecop. Kopite still had a shot left

Pinkertons
Melon the JOAT. At this point the only thing she has power wise is a BP
Team was originally her, Fate, and Donnie

Faddy

1. So why are you talkin about you were forced to use it that day?
2. Without your override, cap gets voted out.

Idk what you are currently arguing about, you are just going in circles.
Overriding Fate over Cap in that situation made no sense, and you wont convince me otherwise. And it's no one else's fault but your own, how that phase and the day after played out.

Yeah I will take all the credit for getting mafia fate.

If fate flips scum would I still have been voted out the next day? also nin dies before getting another check if i kill captain. Fate does the switch and kill again.

It is completely wild that dead town are coming in here and puffing their chest out about how it was totally my own fault I died. Despite me making 100% the correct read. I had to die due to a mafia power and that was unfortunate but also unforseeable.

Donnie

Welcome Donniewahlberg!

You are Angelo Bronte the Godfather

You are aligned with The Pinkertons (That's mafia)

The riff raff has been getting too big for their boots as of late, but you have enough sway in Saint Denis to keep them off your trail. You are a Godfather. If investigated you will return the result of "Town." When you die, you will flip as "Angelo Bronte the Vanilla Town." and all details involving your role will be removed. In addition, you can perform the factional night kill

staring-agnes.gif

Faddy

Anyway spoilers time

Town remaining is:
Vere the Thief
Wipped the Miller
Nin the Cop

Dutch’s gang:
Leo the roleblocker

Pinkertons

So what happened on night 4 and how did Donnie also flip town? Are the pinkertons all going to flip town on death?

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Terra and HP
I kinda hope your team wins just for the guts it took to make that claim. I'm dying laughing at it. I don't think our team was on to you all existing at all due to the flips. Major props for having one of the most fun/interesting moves, regardless of how it pans out.

Donnie

I kinda hope your team wins just for the guts it took to make that claim. I'm dying laughing at it. I don't think our team was on to you all existing at all due to the flips. Major props for having one of the most fun/interesting moves, regardless of how it pans out.

Lmao for context on what happened during Fate/Faddy claimgate: we just made it up on the spot lol there was no process behind it, we just thought it would be hilarious to say we swapped the check with someone and we picked Faddy on the spot lol our chat was in shambles with everyone laughing

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
So what happened on night 4 and how did Donnie also flip town? Are the pinkertons all going to flip town on death?

Yeah that teams whole thing is to be a quiet scum team. They’re also real underpowered and while the other scum team has tools to sniff them out, they don’t have the same. On night 4 Team 1 killed Donnie and Captain got ATP with the Arthur shot. Team 2 went after Zeke

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Lmao for context on what happened during Fate/Faddy claimgate: we just made it up on the spot lol there was no process behind it, we just thought it would be hilarious to say we swapped the check with someone and we picked Faddy on the spot lol our chat was in shambles with everyone laughing
I'm so glad I was able to be part of this, even if it was unwilling.

Also to make it even funnier, I heard after I got out that if the rest of Dutch's gang were killed, and I were still alive, I'd have swapped sides to the PInkerton team. In a much funnier world, that plan plays out perfectly, I somehow last long enough to swap sides and win the game with you all.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Anyway spoilers time

Dutch’s gang:
Leo the roleblocker

Pinkertons
GUMC.gif

I'm never doing that bread crumb thing as town again, fucking soup :(
3 mafia on him day one might give Zipped a chance.
Would have played it out but wasn't in the right headspace.

Donnie

I can't wait for folks to see the chat after the game, my team were fantastic to play alongside. We had an absolute blast lol we didn't plan anything too deeply, we just shit post and had fun.

Interesting game to roll my first time as scum in as well. Our team balance made it immediately clear there was another *real* scum team and we were kinda the off brand wildcards lol so I basically just scumhunted the other team in the day phases and played as mafia during the night, every read, opinion, vote I gave in the game thread was really what I thought looking for Dutch's gang lol

Anyway, let's go Melon!

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Yeah I will take all the credit for getting mafia fate.

If fate flips scum would I still have been voted out the next day? also nin dies before getting another check if i kill captain. Fate does the switch and kill again.

It is completely wild that dead town are coming in here and puffing their chest out about how it was totally my own fault I died. Despite me making 100% the correct read. I had to die due to a mafia power and that was unfortunate but also unforseeable.
Ok, so that's what this is about? You feel some type of way about being voted out?

You cared more about YOU being right about Fate, than doing whats best for town, which led to your lynch, that is on you.
You also arent even taking into account that to town, you flipped a town Fate in that situation over someone that got a cop check. After ppl asked you to kill cap.
I have no regrets about lynching you becuase of how YOU handled the situation.
It's easy for you to puff your chest out and brag about being right about Fate in spec. It's dumb luck you were right about Fate.

Another thing ppl were calling out that play in the game thread, with you present. No one was waiting to get to spec chat to say that.

Faddy

Looking at numbers town potentially doesn't have many wrong steps. Especially if melon is not getting voted out soon. it is 9-3 right now

If they misvote and the mafia teams successfully split kills it could be 6-3 tomorrow. Then even if they get leo or kopite it could be 4-2 and VOLO.

So in the worst case for town they only have a single misvote left.

Faddy

I feel like they’re going to hit Kop here which should help, but yeah, I honestly don’t know how this goes.

I think town are going to need another break like Lovers lasting the whole game or mafia killing nin at the same time or even killing each other.

EzekelRAGE

*truffleshuffle*
Anyway spoilers time

Town remaining is:
Vere the Thief
Wipped the Miller
Nin the Cop

Dutch’s gang:
Leo the roleblocker

Pinkertons
Lookin at this...........I think town has a good chance of winning. I thought Vere was legit scum with how he wanted to clear Melon after the Cap flip.
So nice to see he isnt, hoping the thinking on melon's alignment doesnt continue though. I think they can get Kop/Leo.
Sadly i think the lovers die tonight. Thorn is probably the kill since most of everyone else can be used to be a mislynch.
Maybe Leo/Kop try to kill Melon, she doesnt die so they push her. She flips town and they go after whoever pushed her.

Forgot they have to kill Nin at some point too, so maybe they go for him tonight and give the lovers another day.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah I can't believe some of the stuff vere has said this game.

There is a cop and a green check alive. You are clearly a bit of a reach. Although only 1 death? So... did both mafia teams also concluded you were the most reasonable kill?

Nah, Melon no killed tonight

weemadarthur

Yeah I can't believe some of the stuff vere has said this game.

There is a cop and a green check alive. You are clearly a bit of a reach. Although only 1 death? So... did both mafia teams also concluded you were the most reasonable kill?
I HAVE been anti leo the whole game, maybe it’s wearing on him

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
I HAVE been anti leo the whole game, maybe it’s wearing on him
Nah, I think it's more of a fear of the unknown than anything.

When I left scum chat, we weren't thinking there was a second scum team, but rather a lot of either town PRs, or neutrals. So might have been more in line with that thinking of trying to take a shot at the dark than anything.

We also think nin is x-shot and spent up, but I dunno if that's actually the case.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
GUMC.gif

I'm never doing that bread crumb thing as town again, fucking soup :(
3 mafia on him day one might give Zipped a chance.
Would have played it out but wasn't in the right headspace.
:blobpat: You were partly right and you were partly wrong so it's okay :D

I hope you like your new OM title though.

This was a good game for folks to dig into the flavor, our names were scummy as hell lol all three of us are straight up evil haha
LOL yeah. I was surprised Bojack hasn't pointed out your names :altpop:
Peeks into Scum thread

Oh.

They're convinced there's a SK out there.
LOL it's okay Thorny also thinks there isn't a second scum team.

lokiduck

Lmao we were going to kill bojack on night 3 because we were worried about it! Then we got flashy and went for Maol instead and Malus beat us to the kill
Yes I know :poisonsip: I was there.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
:blobpat: You were partly right and you were partly wrong so it's okay :D

I hope you like your new OM title though.
Yeah I feel like that one will fit for a bunch of games.
Anyway I'm gonna dip out of spec and read the chats in like a month when I'm feeling better.

Sorry to everyone who I alienated with my terrible handling of the replacement of my slot in this game. Just a complete shitstorm of bad strategy and sportsmanship matched with a real bad personal time. I reached out to a couple people to apologize already but seeing the full spoilers I see how many more people I caught in the crossfire and how much goofier and sillier and brilliant the real line of play was. I took the wrong lesson from replacements in Ducktales/Kirby and tried not to let my replacement of a slot mafia would want voted impact the game while not realizing how negative an impact my presence was having when I wasn't in a good spot to keep playing. I was over engaged in an attempted solo solve and disconnected from the rest of the room.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to talk about how I handled the game. Self-awareness is not an excuse and I'm sorry this was my first or second appearence for many of you and that I detracted from your ability to have fun with the game.
Sorry to the gamerunners as well, it was a poor judgement on my part and I know we went back and forth on it a bit.

Also thank you for those day 1-3 memes, those were cathartic to read back over <3

lokiduck

Scum nin - I think ppl forget Fanto flipped with godfather as well(Iknow I did at times). So there has to be a real cop in the game, no need to wonder about nin.

:truffleshuffle: :truffleshuffle::truffleshuffle::truffleshuffle::truffleshuffle:
I'd point out that some times game runners put in a miller with no cop (ala Nier and it's rolefisher/gossip hider in place of a cop) but when you have both a claimed miller and a GF it should be pretty obvious there is one.

:poisonsip:

lokiduck

Anyways for best scum play of the game I am nominating Donnie telling Fate to claim he swapped Captain with town as it let red checked Captain live so many days longer than he was supposed to despite them not even being on his team. :laughing:

Best town play is for nin using his role correctly (:scream:) and Ephi for helping catch scum :catcop:

CaptainNuevo

MDTLA Enthusiast
Staff member
Anyways for best scum play of the game I am nominating Donnie telling Fate to claim he swapped Captain with town as it let red checked Captain live so many days longer than he was supposed to despite them not even being on his team. :laughing:

Best town play is for nin using his role correctly (:scream:) and Ephi for helping catch scum :catcop:
I plus one on those votes.

Nin when you read this... you were a huge thorn in my side, and I will forever hold an in-game grudge against you for it. Well done.

Edit: Also not only did the Donnie/Fate thing help me live longer, it ate up another cop shot on a slot that was already red-checked. Which is a pretty huge win for a scum team whose best bet to win is to survive.

weemadarthur

I like seeing the townfolk pick up the pace. Whatever happens. I dunno that they’ll see there’s a 2nd scum team given the fake green flips, but at least the remainers are playing their best.

Donnie

^ the play was incredibly satisfying, I couldn't read that run of pages for days after without legitimately laughing out loud lmao major props have to go to Fate for how he delivered it though, we didn't even have the second name when he claimed the switch on Launch and left everyone in suspense, he just fully embraced the moment. There was a moment where we tried to pull him back so maybe we could get him through it alive and he said something like "imagine the chaos when I flip town" :cor:

Also major props to Melon who was handling the neighbour claim stress of their own during all that and managed to pull it off well enough that they've outlasted both of us and ended up somewhat cleared for the time being lol

Donnie

I like seeing the townfolk pick up the pace. Whatever happens. I dunno that they’ll see there’s a 2nd scum team given the fake green flips, but at least the remainers are playing their best.

Yeah absolutely, there's been a ton of great effort in this game all around but it's nice seeing folks really dig in now there's more air in the room. And at least for the remaining town I don't know if there's that much difference in the actual make up of who they've got against them, it's just catching the three bad eggs before the NKs catch up to them. Kind of feel like everyone has a shot here depending on how it plays out, maybe a little weighed towards town. If the lovers go soon, that could swing things the other way.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
they don’t even need a whole scum team to figure out Melon. They can solve that with this SK theory and still hit the correct answer. It’s just a matter if they end up hitting there or get lost going after Stan or Bojack late game

Last edited:

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
Ephi for helping catch scum
Nah, ATP deserves the credit for that. He scum read Fanto and caught her out, I just tacked onto the end of it.
In a better world I'd have tried to push her with an actual case instead instead of just going for the mechanics when I got antsy about how little movement towards her I was seeing.
I wasn't even right about what I was reading into Maol's reaction to it, lol, although I did at least have Leo in there as reacting strange too.

Nin did good though, you're right!

And the Fate thing just caused chaos, I have to applaud the play.

Top Bottom