80s Wrestling Mafia - Spec Thread

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh, welcome to the Spec Thread! Keep it chill, and respect the rules.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
nin rating half of the roster:
giphy.webp

Interesting day 1 so far, but damn they are escaping the early meme orbit too fast

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I've been happy with the activity levels so far yeah. I anticipate it to get even more active in the days to come once people start using their roles lol.

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
I've been happy with the activity levels so far yeah. I anticipate it to get even more active in the days to come once people start using their roles lol.
Omg girl. I didn't realize your avatar moved and I about dropped my phone. Can you tell I've had a long day of work and no sleep lol

melonrabbit

The only good kind of melon
There are games where I struggle to scum read anyone and everybody seems to be Town.

Not this game though. Everybody is so scummy that I'm barely able to decide who is the scummiest.

Battle of the Bands - scum edition.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
There are games where I struggle to scum read anyone and everybody seems to be Town.

Not this game though.
Everyone looks pretty town to me ._. Seems like a tough choice but I do think Hedin is town, not minding the push he just started onto HP.
Wiz and Zipped could probably tell you that the outcome of not claiming it straight up is stressful too
LOJ.gif

I would probably still delay the claim if I rolled miller again. :eyes: I kinda like jmans plan here (delayed claim, but still claim day 1) but the execution requires that he doesn't become scum read or the center of attention which both happened to some extent. Post 1 is certainly the least stressful and most towny way to do it.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Do you all think most everyone is being too passive? I can't tell if champs warped my expectations or if people were unusually adverse to really doing much so far.

Verelios

Were-elios
Do you all think most everyone is being too passive? I can't tell if champs warped my expectations or if people were unusually adverse to really doing much so far.
Yeah, I think there was an air of caution in the thread, might be because it's D1. That early there's not much of a handle on how to navigate the roster, and the person who stands out usually gets shot first, metaphorically as you know. If that's good or bad depends on what kind of player you are.

I'd say they are in a pretty good spot. Losing the Nexus was rough for Scum, and Town are chasing good leads.

Night actions from last night will almost surely lead to another going down today.

Excellent! Day 1 was rough, but honestly d2 was one of the best days of mafia I've experienced

I know not everyone agrees but this is why I'm often in favour of turbos when the days vote is a foregone conclusion. This being dragged out when its pretty obvious geno will be the vote can just really kill momentum and just creates disinterested imo.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I know not everyone agrees but this is why I'm often in favour of turbos when the days vote is a foregone conclusion. This being dragged out when its pretty obvious geno will be the vote can just really kill momentum and just creates disinterested imo.

I agree, when it looks to be a done deal make it a done deal.

Donnie is making a wrong assumption on how a BP typically works but the play works, see if Geno dies overnight and if not vote him out tomorrow.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I think the PoE is small enough that town has this as long as they don’t go super off the rails. Me and Donnie realized Turms and Rover were most likely good last night which shrinks the pool even more

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I love town looking for clarity through a mass claim in role madness and each role just inviting additional questions.
Haven't followed too closely but Zipped and Sneeks do both seem to be scum here and look like to flip.
Mafia being themed as a particular group makes me think there's at least one neutral floating around.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Town has just absolutely nailed this game lol
I really didn't think it was going to be this one-sided. I realize there are a number of good role claims for Town in the game, but I gave Scum a lot of good powers. An infinite shot Roleblocker, infinite shot role cop, Nexus, 1-Shot BP, and a 2-Shot Strongman. What more could I give them to help counter Town's power?

I really think it's just a classic case of one little thread getting pulled, and the whole game unraveling. Here, it was Ephi getting voted out on D2. That immediately implicated Geno in her flip, and cast a bad light on Sneeks too. The others found themselves in the PoE because Town were finding each other left and right and not falling to paranoia or immediately distrusting role claims.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I really didn't think it was going to be this one-sided. I realize there are a number of good role claims for Town in the game, but I gave Scum a lot of good powers. An infinite shot Roleblocker, infinite shot role cop, Nexus, 1-Shot BP, and a 2-Shot Strongman. What more could I give them to help counter Town's power?

I really think it's just a classic case of one little thread getting pulled, and the whole game unraveling. Here, it was Ephi getting voted out on D2. That immediately implicated Geno in her flip, and cast a bad light on Sneeks too. The others found themselves in the PoE because Town were finding each other left and right and not falling to paranoia or immediately distrusting role claims.

I've talked about this with people already but I really think EoD on day 1-early day 2 put us in a fantastic position that we were able to take advantage of. The people that peeled off Hedin when they did seemed obviously town regardless of Fate's alignment so I got to cross all that off my list, Donnie shooting Fate stopped us from spending a day chasing that because that ends with my whole town core looking less than ideal instead of squeaky clean town after we chased down Ephi, Sparks claiming narrowed down Hedin even more and gave scum basically no wiggle room, and then it all just kind of fell into place. I honestly think there's a world where ATP or Fate claim after the other has flipped and I get really tripped up on there being a ton of protection too, so just skipping over that nonsense was also avoiding a pretty big pitfall

Last edited:

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
It's not done yet, despite my stables best efforts a lot of people still want to go down the paranoid route, but scum do not seem to have much wiggle room in the current PoE so it's going to be a hell of a climb

It's not done yet, despite my stables best efforts a lot of people still want to go down the paranoid route, but scum do not seem to have much wiggle room in the current PoE so it's going to be a hell of a climb
Half the players are semi confirmed, it's not possible imo and one of our teammates is probably going tomorrow

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I'll go ahead and open things up for full spoilers in here when night actions lock, 2 Scum left and people seem to know who one is for sure already.

Sawneeks

little green dog
i do have capital-T Thoughts about this game but before i dive in too much

fanto, are all the claimed roles correct so far? No neutral, extra evil party ,etc?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'll go ahead and open things up for full spoilers in here when night actions lock, 2 Scum left and people seem to know who one is for sure already.

Two scum might have them a little too cocky. I would assume they get Zipped next and then maybe Donnie to clear up SK?

Sawneeks

little green dog
hmmmm, ok. i'ma preface what im going to say below by saying that the handful of Town players this game that just ripped through the facade we had are some of the scariest things I've ever seen in playing this game for some 9-ish years now. I've never seen a Town mindmeld so well like that and just laser-focus onto the scum team so quickly and not even getting sidetracked at all. It was honestly really really impressive and i wont even be mad if Town wins this because I'm fairly certain they will and they will have 100% deserved it. We could have played it better as scum and there were some major missteps for sure that tumbled us like dominoes but it was on Town to pick that up and boy did they.

but this part is kinda in response to what you said above Fanto but the way the roles are spread out I don't think scum ever really had a chance this game. With only 1 kill at our disposal any time we could have missed that left Town to keep clearing themselves through the myriad of roles they possesed and Town had 3 roles that stopped kills in some way (Doc, Jailer, and Kop's reflect) while we only had a 2-shot strong. They also had several chances of clearing themselves through the Lovers, unlimited Gossip, and the Cop. That plus the protective roles alone is already 7 players who can clear themselves through claims or actions. This isnt even counting the Tracker that we had only 1 defense against and the other several soft clears Town got in the Kingmaker, Motivator, Willbooster, and Loved roles. Nearly everything Town did had a result to it they could feasibly prove - whereas with Scum we weren't left with anything to hide behind. Some of those soft clears you can argue as a scum sided role, sure, but coupled with a Cop they become really easy to just green check and leave em be. The majority of the roster has some way to prove they are what they say they are - not to mention it's hard to blend as scum in hidden chats or with all of this flying around.

So even if we had played a perfect game we would've likely been screwed. We got insanely lucky we hit the Tracker, Doc, and Jailer early like we did since any missed kills on our end would've dragged the game out more and given town more solving power. We either needed another kill on top of what we had or Town needed less of everything that they have at their disposal to even have a chance. I don't think there was anything remotely close we could have done to win.

Even now with the remaining 2 Scum left I don't think they even have a shot to win just based on numbers. There's too many Townies left with some sort of clear and unless Town just shoots themselves in the foot I don't think we come out of this alive.

Sawneeks

little green dog
and im saying all that as someone who did have fun in this game. at least as much fun as one could have when being utterly steamrolled without a chance to breathe. i enjoyed playing with my teammates and just seeing what i could get away with as scum even if it was painfully blatant. it was a great time with some good laughs but uh, the second Rover claimed cop I just gave up. even if he hadn't of red checked me and instead green checked people we had no chance against it - and i was looking forward trying to fight my way against kopite (sorry btw <3) and do something there. but it really didn't feel like there was a point to it since this game so heavily favored town.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, it just seems like no matter what I do with my games, they end up heavily lopsided to one team. Either Scum steamrolls or Town steamrolls. I don't think I've ever designed a balanced game, so I might just hang it up and stop running games for a while, maybe send all my completed ones back to review again, because I have totally lost confidence in my ability to make a game that won't result in one team feeling like they had no chance from Day 0.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I dunno, i get what neeks is saying but i just see so many things that could have easily tripped us up here that i think we just hit one of the best outcomes. hell i think donnie hitting ephi could have messed us up because that geno connection i made isn't there anymore

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I mean, it's true. Scum had no chance here, just like Town had no chance in DR2, and Town had no chance in Star Trek, and Scum had no chance in EZA, and Town had no chance in LiS.

The only balanced games I've ran have been minis or other ones not designed by me.

Yeah I think the game was fine, it was a situation where everything thst could go right for town did.

Before all the claims even started me, chuggs, donnie and hp just all agreed we were town.

Top Bottom