Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
They bought 3 from the store, only Terra has one

Movie_i_see_dead_people-769472.jpg

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
If anyone is able to still talk in a certain chat I am sure it would be appreciated there.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Chuggs stealing the final kill from Terra made me laugh. Sorry, Terra.

RIP to everyone who died. fallen but never forgotten ; _ ;7

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
My favourite moment was when town got an extra cop shot and Sawneeks was all "I don't think we should use that cop shot on Sawneeks" and town was like "yeah, cool, no further questions".

My least favourite moment was when I thought I'd finally caught up on the main thread only to find out everyone had fucked off to a costume game for another thousand posts.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
What the hell happened last night? Boy, I'd hate to be the reviewer who signed off on that right now.
There's kind of an unwritten/unspoken understanding that Geno's games are impossible to fully review. You do your best, and understand that you aren't going to catch everything and that the players likely know what they're getting into when they sign up.

And believe me, I understand. I reviewed HvV1 and was so focused on one role that I thought was broken that I totally missed the one that actually broke the game.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
There's kind of an unwritten/unspoken understanding that Geno's games are impossible to fully review. You do your best, and understand that you aren't going to catch everything and that the players likely know what they're getting into when they sign up.

And believe me, I understand. I reviewed HvV1 and was so focused on one role that I thought was broken that I totally missed the one that actually broke the game.
When this came up in review chat, I really didn't think that I'd be up to taking on a Geno-level game. It's got to be said, though - as wild as his games get, Geno really knows how to make sure that his bases are covered. (And yeah, in case anyone's wondering, I fully expected the battle to go like that. I may not be able to devote the time to playing Geno's games, but I've not missed spectating one!)

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
I love that Blarg role Jman had, I really wanna see what happened with all of these night actions
I definitely went "hmmm" at a few of those as I read through it. There was a bunch of fun looking stuff in that list XD

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
On Night 6, any player, spectator or what have you can do up to 5 posts, these can be about anything.
With spectator you're including us or am I misunderstanding?

Muffin

is being held hostage by Sammi
You included yes.
Damn, now I need to think of something. I was gonna add a fun new functionality to my Mafia app, but the only thing I could come up with was using ChatGPT to generate positive/negative reads for a selected player, but that needs a secret API Key and using Github Pages without backend there's no way to safely store it. (Before anyone asks, this was gonna be purely for laughs, I'm not a proponent of AI art and dumb shit like that).

Need to think of something else I can code together in a couple hours.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
I definitely went "hmmm" at a few of those as I read through it. There was a bunch of fun looking stuff in that list XD
Poor jman, that might be the most dismatched role roll ever, since jman hates chaos and always wants to play town.

I can understand his not enjoying it while thinking lots of players WOULD HAVE enjoyed it too much. It’s also a good summary of blarg. Buncha weird behaviors that you get tired of reading before you get to the bottom. ;) I say this with love.

I'll take the like as a yes

To spec: If I was to post a big reads list today what should I say about each player (including dead ones like turmoil and hedin)?

Sawneeks

little green dog

To spec: If I was to post a big reads list today what should I say about each player (including dead ones like turmoil and hedin)?
i would've used muffin's batcomputer to generate reads. and also some good ol gifs

Sorry for the fairly poor play overall, I came to the realization (admittedly while drunk) that I couldn't think of a time where a post I made convinced another player of another's alignment so that kind of drained my desire to play the game seriously.

I really hope Chuggs isn't lying.

Does that mean we can talk about what happened here, what's considered a spoiler? :eyes:
Spec is no spoiler and should stay that way until the game concludes, Fando still has a move that brings players back and everyone is here.

Spec is no spoiler and should stay that way until the game concludes, Fando still has a move that brings players back and everyone is here.
What counts as a spoiler? Especially when it comes to people answering my mic question.

Ephidel

Should win:
Aeleus

Can ignore:
Verelios
Sorian
Fandorin

Is dead:
MrHedin
weemadarthur
BoJack Horseman
Ephidel
FateShirou
Fantonin
Melonrabbit
Ynnek7
Zippedpinhead
Funky Dude Sparkster
Malus
Jman1954goat
Turmoil7
Hawthorn
Kawl
EC
Stan
Blargonaut

Should be more dead:
Fran
Natiko
TheChuggernaut
AllThingsPurple
Zookfoodle
Maolfunction
Faddy
Terraforce
Randomless
Kyanrute
Pandora012
Salvapot
Bear
Leo Wizard
Brazil

What? What is this game? Is Fran a good boy?

Knew salva was bad when he didn't bother to address his poor read of me after my flip.

weemadarthur

Congrats narf! And apparently congrats aeleus! I KNEW you weren’t town and almost submitted a check on you, but….after that boss fight i slept so late i never had time to put the command in…..

Congrats narf! And apparently congrats aeleus! I KNEW you weren’t town and almost submitted a check on you, but….after that boss fight i slept so late i never had time to put the command in…..
The win I'm talking about was the one from me beating nin at box peek and the vote tool counting it as a win, I'm not spoiling anything else...

weemadarthur

The win I'm talking about was the one from me beating nin at box peek and the vote tool counting it as a win, I'm not spoiling anything else...
Oh.
i read your flip twice an i still don’t remember it.

but now i’m dead i don’t have to even try anymore, yay!

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs

Yep as a veteran Geno reviewer who cut her reviewer teeth on geno complexity, this is basically what we do.

We see the game, go "yep that's a game", and approve it after changing the obvious stuff that need to be balanced.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
Fran's role was amazing and I love it. You did great Fran and I'm happy you won. I was rooting for you :D

Does salva usually just blindly switch between tunnels?

I don't think geno is mean enough to just put a vanilla town in the game without their being some extra spice, wouldn't be shocked if he's recruited/recrutable if the claim is true.

Town really needs to look back on who was pushing for the aeleus/wee vote and tests and why, there's a lot of juicy stuff there.

Franconp

Frank
Hi!

I really love this game. Amazing job Geno! All the callbacks and cameos were great. It really felt like a celebration of the community.

I loved my role. As soon as I remembered the Yu GI Oh cards than Salva did as a joke in some game I knew that I had to bring back the crazy role from HvV1. My only regret is that I think I could have gone way crazier with the powers. Some of flips are insane.

I think my only critique would be the boss battle. I would have cut one phase. It was too much and without Hetch helping there is no way that we win that. It was really fun but too difficult (and a bit too long).

Hi!

I really love this game. Amazing job Geno! All the callbacks and cameos were great. It really felt like a celebration of the community.

I loved my role. As soon as I remembered the Yu GI Oh cards than Salva did as a joke in some game I knew that I had to bring back the crazy role from HvV1. My only regret is that I think I could have gone way crazier with the powers. Some of flips are insane.

I think my only critique would be the boss battle. I would have cut one phase. It was too much and without Hetch helping there is no way that we win that. It was really fun but too difficult (and a bit too long).
Hecht was planned to help, he didn't jump in randomly, I just thought it would be funnier if you all thought he did. But yeah it did go a bit longer than it should've but that's the sacrifice I had to make for the cameos, if I was doing it all myself it would've been quicker since I would have randomized the attacks and have the post ready to go, but I had to wait for them to attack and that took some minutes. Overall I think I prefer it a bit longer WITH the cameos than shorter without them.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
I know the players were supposed to win but I still got a bit salty every time Hecht "jumped in" :p

Discord players.png

By the way the Dementors here weren't for fun, Crab was a dementor in Harry Potter Mafia, originally I was going to make it so when Crab was the final enemy left he would take over 4 dead players and spawn 3 characters THEY played with 10 HP each, I cut it because I thought we'd end up with a ton of people dying.

Honestly I feel a power role which was unable to claim anything but vanilla town is more likely than a role which is actually just vanilla town.

I'm prepared to be disappointed Geno.

Hecht

Like dubstep for my bootyhole
I know the players were supposed to win but I still got a bit salty every time Hecht "jumped in" :p

I didn't want to hurt you, buddy

Hecht being planned DOES explain his noticing the game and popping in before it started.

I generally do check in when there are new games though I don't typically post. Just wanted to poke Sorian for some good old fashioned fun.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Hi, it's Launchpad here again. I am very upset that you opened this spoiler tag when i told you not to. I will prove my displeasure by sending this from all my alt accounts now.

malus

#1 official chartmaker
I just realized I have access here! Was a bit salty to die just before the boss fight, but tbf I wasn't putting up a fight because I thought my vote dodging could save me and probably wouldn't have managed to stay up until 4 am anyway.
I just hope my team of Townspeople can pull it over the finish line.

Also Happy Holidays everybody! I really appreciate playing Mafia with you all.

I don't intend to keep this going until New Years ngl, I have plans and can't be running the game for that long and I feel like players are tired as well, this is not a normal game, even a few days of this can tire you out quickly. D7 will be 24h with possibility of shorter nights once all actions are in.

Ephidel

Should have killed a few more of them during the boss fight to speed things up
926049298364383253.webp

That said while these games can be exhausting at the best of times and bigger games amplify that, I don't know if the low energy this phase actually represents tired, just busy. That's probably just what happens when you run a game over xmas XD

Should have killed a few more of them during the boss fight to speed things up
926049298364383253.webp

That said while these games can be exhausting at the best of times and bigger games amplify that, I don't know if the low energy this phase actually represents tired, just busy. That's probably just what happens when you run a game over xmas XD
I'm not basing this off of this phase, I do think this is business. I guess it's more of a me thing, I won't be able to dedicate much time to this after new years.

Ephidel

I wasn't putting up a fight because I thought my vote dodging could save me
I assumed that was the reason when I saw your flip, bit of an oof to get voted out when you had a role that should have made that less possible. I'm assuming you got unlucky and even with some dodgery there just wasn't anyone else close enough in votes to take the hit instead.
It would have been fun to see it in play on an EOD where votes were visible and the second just went out instead of you, no explanation.

Even though days with modifiers are over there's one final one that triggers when a certain number of players are alive. Keep that a secret spec chat yeah? There's a few more surprises in store.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Top Bottom