Spectator Thread Enjoy the Show

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I feel bad for not getting Natiko as town now. It seemed like it had to be between him and salva. And I just completely overlooked Terra.

I had town written down next to Nat for ages. And for Salva.

It makes perfect sense it was Terra. It is hard to read someone who is "confirmed" but still I feel like in hindsight I should have got there.

That's just a really hard thing to see past in general and our team pairing that with hard busing made it even harder to see past.

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
I'm afraid of what might happen afterwards.
This is why Terra was scum
A. It's my final game and I always wanted to do that like Aeleus said.
B. It puts a target on his back for the other scum team
C. Flavor made it obvious, Fanto has not flipped as flavor, someone was controlling the Dino in Risk, Fanto is known for mod confirmed meme.
I guess the flavor side makes it lot harder for players like me who have semi-retired, so I don't know about the flavor meta of the community or past Geno games any more.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Exactly, I just wanted to do something fun for the end so everyone can cheer and shit and it turned into this and it's gonna keep going when the game ends.

I mean if you are letting the MAFIA co-ordinate in the game chat then it is all obvious.

They all outed to each other immediately.

Did monkey know it was Terra before the phase started?

I feel bad for not getting Natiko as town now. It seemed like it had to be between him and salva. And I just completely overlooked Terra.

I had town written down next to Nat for ages. And for Salva.

It makes perfect sense it was Terra. It is hard to read someone who is "confirmed" but still I feel like in hindsight I should have got there.
I probably TMI'd it if you go through my ISO. I was pretty sick during the last few phases I was alive, and I feel like it's obvious I knew Terra was scum during that period.

I mean if you are letting the MAFIA co-ordinate in the game chat then it is all obvious.

They all outed to each other immediately.

Did monkey know it was Terra before the phase started?
I'm not letting them co-ordinate. It's a prisoners dilemma with a switch like I said.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
C. Flavor made it obvious, Fanto has not flipped as flavor, someone was controlling the Dino in Risk, Fanto is known for mod confirmed meme.
I don't really get this, you told us he was donna. I couldn't really divine that Fanto was definitely in the game.

I do think Terra was reachable by behavior, especially that last day it was unnerving how little interest he had in solving.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I don't really get this, you told us he was donna. I couldn't really divine that Fanto was definitely in the game.

I do think Terra was reachable by behavior, especially that last day it was unnerving how little interest he had in solving.

I feel like Terra really played up the detached townie to avoid the night kill but you and ael in that last phase had me in "oh no" mode a bit

Like Aeleus said, if I confirm someone I'll confirm them with a fake claim like in HVV2, not with something that makes it obvious later down the line.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Sorry if I brought the mood down, I was catching up with the thread and I thought just we were all just shitposting. I honestly didn't realize monkey took my post seriously.

The Bear

I think the innocent child can be discussed later on, but it does feel unfair at least right now.

One counter for it would be for the opposing scum team to night kill him, at least.

The Bear

Sorry if I brought the mood down, I was catching up with the thread and I thought just we were all just shitposting. I honestly didn't realize monkey took my post seriously.
There was multiple posts saying that the posting has to stop immediately in there.

I think the innocent child can be discussed later on, but it does feel unfair at least right now.

One counter for it would be for the opposing scum team to night kill him, at least.
We probably should have done that but the majority of the lategame was me and blarg and blarg wasn't here and i am an idiot

I don't think I could have played much better myself, honestly. My sign up post was strategic. I knew if I rolled scum, a more lackadaisical approach was the only way I could get deep. If I rolled town, then I'd just take it easy.

If I had scum hunted harder, there was a good chance I'd get cross-killed by the other team, and if not, it'd be suspect that I wasn't getting NK'd. I'm really happy that I got so deep into the game and town never actually killed me. We weren't doing much long term strategizing in the scum thread either, so I really think we all played a really strong, instinctive game. I had a lot of fun, Geno, this was a good last hurrah.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
As a reminder and i'm kind of guilty of this too but we do have a rule about not discussing game balance until 24 hours after the game ends

also, Geno, really mean of you to prevent me from copying Terra.
I never said you couldn't do that, I said that you wouldn't copy the mod confirm, Terra's other powers though? Ones that can pin him as scum, those you could copy.

The Bear

Some elements just have to be accepted due to the game being bastard. If you want a balanced game, you can play in a boring game from me lol.

The Bear

Geno games are memorable due to the unpredictable nature. We might not like every plot twist (I know I didn't), but it comes with the territory. And it's really impressive just how commited Geno has been to keep it all running as smoothly as possible.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Some elements just have to be accepted due to the game being bastard. If you want a balanced game, you can play in a boring game from me lol.

I know the game in some ways can't be balanced but why the restriction on town copy powers when mafia were allowed to copy the two most powerful town roles? If you are committing to having a wild game then why does it only go one way?

SalvaPot

YEAH
I know the game in some ways can't be balanced but why the restriction on town copy powers when mafia were allowed to copy the two most powerful town roles? If you are committing to having a wild game then why does it only go one way?
I could copy, what happened was that when I picked terra, Geno went out of his way to told me I wouldn't get the innocent child, to be honest I was not expecting to be able to, but the warning made me think I would just waste the shot so I tried someone else.

Of course I'm not saying it's Geno's fault, I could have stick to it, it was a fun mind game I gotta say, Geno beat me.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I could copy, what happened was that when I picked terra, Geno went out of his way to told me I wouldn't get the innocent child, to be honest I was not expecting to be able to, but the warning made me think I would just waste the shot so I tried someone else.

Of course I'm not saying it's Geno's fault, I could have stick to it, it was a fun mind game I gotta say, Geno beat me.

Oh if it's a passive that's actually consistent with the rules I had. Could not copy a BP or Hedin's vote proof I tried lmfao

SalvaPot

YEAH
Oh if it's a passive that's actually consistent with the rules I had. Could not copy a BP or Hedin's vote proof I tried lmfao
Yeah, I wish I had stick with my guns there, like it was an idea I had from the very first day, and was reforced during costume when terra reminded Geno to confirm him town. It's fun to think about, but honestly this ending is the best we could hope for. A true Grand Finale.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, I wish I had stick with my guns there, like it was an idea I had from the very first day, and was reforced during costume when terra reminded Geno to confirm him town. It's fun to think about, but honestly this ending is the best we could hope for. A true Grand Finale.

Terra actually did not remind Geno of that lmfao. Dude said "Y'all can try to guess me too" and then vanished from our scum chat for a bit lmao

SalvaPot

YEAH
Terra actually did not remind Geno of that lmfao. Dude said "Y'all can try to guess me too" and then vanished from our scum chat for a bit lmao
Really? I remember something like "Oh right I forgot to say Baba Yaga is town" or something like that, I remember it sticking out to me.

Or how good Geno is at fixing the game on the fly.
With a game like this, with all the different possibilities, it's really impressive that the game has managed to feel on rails for most of it. It's really unfortunate what happened to Monkey, but I do think the game was still a huge success.

SalvaPot

YEAH
With a game like this, with all the different possibilities, it's really impressive that the game has managed to feel on rails for most of it. It's really unfortunate what happened to Monkey, but I do think the game was still a huge success.
I don't blame him if that is what happened, you can ask nin the hell that was balancing Harry Potter mafia on the fly. I don't know why I decided to put 4 switchers AND priority orders for all of the commands, and everyone had at least one, it was a fun mess.

SalvaPot

YEAH
Ok this might actually feel fixed but all the rng kills are genuine, I don't fix that.
Haha, yeah, I'm mostly talking about command interactions and power restrictions, I sure as hell had to deal with a lot of that. Specially more recently with Corrida Colloseum.

weemadarthur

Mad as in angry, or mad as in crazy?
Lol I still have no idea if aeleus’ flip was genuine because of their shitposts about the tool malfunction etc. You got me!

SalvaPot

YEAH
Watch the sequel for this game be about diverting timelines

The timeline where Mafiera Won.
The timeline where The Council Won.
The timeline where Blarg Won.
Two games, going at the same time, with a "Final Boss" that happens during the Fifth day in the third timeline. Some players can move between the timelines. Some are playing in both at the same time. Pure chaos.

I kinda want to write it now, remind me in 5 years.

The Bear

I see costumes are revealed. Did anyone ever figure out that I was the fearsome Captain Skunkbeard?
I didn't even try to make any guesses. I feel like I ruffled some feathers as Bob Ross though, I'm curious how many were able to guess it was me.

The Bear

Thats a bastard role malus had if id ever seen one
Holy shit
While true, after all those Tailor flips it was very likely at least one scum flip got tailored to look like town in some way.

@Hedin what happened with your ITA shot on Day 2? I was considering Turmoil got tailored after your flip.

SalvaPot

YEAH
I didn't even try to make any guesses. I feel like I ruffled some feathers as Bob Ross though, I'm curious how many were able to guess it was me.
You were my second copy option before I moved to san fran.

Also kinda funny I almost ate malus but ended up eating sneeks.

I think I had most of the people who weren't really trying to disguise themselves. I was mildly concerned people would figure out from deduction I was Skunkbeard and use the fact that I went after Fate there to catch me out since I had been town reading him.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
While true, after all those Tailor flips it was very likely at least one scum flip got tailored to look like town in some way.

@Hedin what happened with your ITA shot on Day 2? I was considering Turmoil got tailored after your flip.
I got gooped watching Stan to see if we could ID protection and was vanilla for the day.

Ephidel

How do you do, fellow mafia?
Nop, I do wonder if someone, anyone, figured out I was IM2.
I kinda did but only after my death and then only after I had to reshuffle because nobody else in my process of elimination list even came close to filling that spot because they were a complete tonal mismatch.

This was my list:

Baba Yaga - Terraforce. Confirmed Town.

Barney - Fate. Only realised after Pazzo and Steve started saying it.

Black Ranger - Ephidel. Just a feeling.

Blue Ranger - Natiko. I actually thought it was Chuggs early on, but after they said something nice about me I decided it was Nat. I think he's made a similar comment before maybe.

Captain Picard - Leo. Claim.

Captain Skunkbeard - Salva?

Catalina - Jman. Obvious is as obvious does.

Cinders - Dodgy ID bait. Capable of posting pics and gifs. Zipped or Nin? (Later revealed to be Nin).

Claude - Hedin. Vibes.

Goldar - Stan. Public action.

Honey - Sparks. Flip.

Illuminati Member 3 - Kyan. It was obvious af after that wall of a claim post, it just oozed Kyan.

Illuminati Member 4 - Vere. Claim.

Illuminati Member 5 - Ynnek? I'm not actually sure why I wrote this down, I assume there was a claim?

Michael - Blargonaut. Marked. (Additionally, I was right about him also being SpiderSparks).

Minecraft Steve - Randomless. It was obvious.

Pazzo - Chuggs. I spent most of the day not having a clue, and early on thought it might have been Kyan like wee said. Once he started trying to Fate-read Barney with Random it narrowed down the possibilities of who it could be (because seriously, if they knew each other and Fate I had to know*) but I think ATP was someone else.

Pink Ranger - Faddy. Only after it was pointed out though.

Rey - ATP. Mostly due to interactions with wee.

San Fran - Wee. Obvious.

Spider-Man - Sparks. Flip. Additionally Blarg, Mark, Flip.

Thresh - Sorian. Claim. Also flip.

Tommy V - Ael. 30ft Shaggy, Pure comments, also pronouns.

Yami Bakura - Not Sneeks (doesn't feel right), not me (pretty sure I'm someone else), not Salva (think that's Skunkbeard). (Actually Cameo-Ket).

Zordon - Sneeks. Pronoun suspicions, Yami didn't feel like Sneeks, Eventual claim.

__

Pool of Uncertain, Fuzzy, or Unnoticeable costumes:

Barack Obama - Who cares, replacement is going to be obvious next day anyway

Bob Ross - Talky, nice. No idea who it is.

Carl - thinks their costume is boring.

Illuminati Member 2 - Reasonably active. Annoyed Michael isn't talking to them. Complained about Michael several times. Got latched onto when arguing against Cat. Talky. Gamerunner. I actually thought they might be Chuggs for part of the day but don't recall why.

Kool-Aid - low activity and dodgy.

Lightning Strikes - involved in stone claim action shit. Don't recall much of them otherwise.

Q - Said practically nothing all day. Paired with Cinders.

Rita - mentioned HvV1 with familiarity. (Players: Fando/Brazil/Terra/Fran/Sorian/Nin/Stan/Vere/Sneeks).

Stealin' Stan - Said fuck a lot. Really hates typos.

Niko - Said practically nothing all day.

If I'm correct about the other people, the fuzzy or Unnoticeable people must consist of the following players by process of elimination: Brazil, Fandorin, Malus, Maol, Neon, Nin, Pandora, The Bear, Zipped

Niko - Pandora.
Using the shitty and unreliable method of pronouns, Pandora is Illu2 or Niko.
Illu 2 doesn't feel like Pandora. They have more mafia knowledge I think, and just feel different in general. (Niko doesn't feel like ANYONE but whatever).

(Now known or talked about in thread:)
Barack Obama - Neon (replaced by Melon).
Bob Ross - Bear, claimed in spec.
Kool Aid - flipped, Zipped.
Lightning - claimed by Zook.
Q - claimed by Fran?

Remainders: Carl, Illuminati Member 2, Rita, Stealin' Stan
Remaining players: Brazil, Fandorin, Malus, Maol

I, ah, can't actually line these up with the players I have left and feel confident about it.
They don't feel right, lol.
Which suggests I probably got some of the ones in my first list that I used to exclude players from this list wrong.

Rita mentions HvV1 several times. In terms of players who played in it and aren't already someone else that would put us in the Fando/Brazil zone. I guess they don't have to have played in it but I'll say one of them.

Brazil is one of the swearier players in the main thread iirc so maybe Stealin Stan, but I also kinda thought Stealin Stan was just trying to roleplay Stan Stan so I wouldn't necessarily match those up.

Illu 2 is so talky I should be able to pick a person for them to match honestly but that's a big nope. They're a gamerunner too, so that should be a narrower pool of people they could be, but I haven't got a clue who has gamerunner experience so it doesn't help me specifically except to think I'm looking at the wrong pool of leftover players. Who would I move here to compensate. Skunkbeard maybe. Maybe Illu2 is Salva? *helpless shrug*
That would move Skunkbeard down into this pool instead, and then I can't remember anything but the RP, so maybe scummier?

And Carl is practically non existent so anyone.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
@Chuggernaut what were you thinking going into day 7 before i made my claim and then what were you thinking after i did, lol

I was expecting to just get instant turbo'd and as soon as I saw that claim I was like "I have no idea what he's doing but I can work with this if town gets greedy and tries to get rid to the double kill" plus we had a redirect so we weren't really worried about you killing us.

Oh also before I forget @Ketkat

Hi I was Minecraft Steve! Thank you so much for being my partner in the costume game, I had no idea it was you otherwise I would've chatted a lot more, I think you're an awesome person.

Ephidel

Chuggs, I have to know, did you overlook that your fake neutral claim contradicted itself or did you just rely on the fact you had backing to help along the complete lack of attention everyone paid to it?

It was driving me nuts that it wrote Jman off as a source of powerups because he was going to die rather than because you'd exit the game at the same time, and then again when nobody even pretended to ask about that whole power up thing after Fran won.

Y'all just like making me twitch.

I'd also like the non-scum to submit essays on why Chuggs is so much more trustworthy than I am, for my future reference, that I absolutely will not hold against any of you
767883192958713916.webp

The Bear

Chuggs, I have to know, did you overlook that your fake neutral claim contradicted itself or did you just rely on the fact you had backing to help along the complete lack of attention everyone paid to it?

It was driving me nuts that it wrote Jman off as a source of powerups because he was going to die rather than because you'd exit the game at the same time, and then again when nobody even pretended to ask about that whole power up thing after Fran won.

I'd also like the non-scum to submit essays on why Chuggs is so much more trustworthy than I am, for my future reference, that I absolutely will not hold against any of you
767883192958713916.webp
My short essay:

I didn't think Chuggs was trustworthy. But then I felt really bad for him after the mess that was D5, that I decided to not pursue him any further.

That sure was a good play, right Bear? Not going to bite you in the ass later right?

767883192958713916.webp
If it means anything, I thought town did you dirty too. If I had rolled town and not had a scum team vulnerable to being killed in Risk, I would have stuck up for you. In a multi ball, mafia are always more of a threat than neutrals.

Oh also before I forget @Ketkat

Hi I was Minecraft Steve! Thank you so much for being my partner in the costume game, I had no idea it was you otherwise I would've chatted a lot more, I think you're an awesome person.

Hey Randomless, I didn't have any useful info to provide for you in the chat so it's no worries at all! I was just happy I didn't give the Time Stone to Thanos and I had a lot of fun watching you use it

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF

767883192958713916.webp

Lmfao I actually missed that. My super big brain play was to say I got a cop check from Fran winning, not telling anyone, and then overriding terra or some shit for the cred, but no one pressed me on it lmfao

SalvaPot

YEAH
I kinda did but only after my death and then only after I had to reshuffle because nobody else in my process of elimination list even came close to filling that spot because they were a complete tonal mismatch.

This was my list:

Baba Yaga - Terraforce. Confirmed Town.

Barney - Fate. Only realised after Pazzo and Steve started saying it.

Black Ranger - Ephidel. Just a feeling.

Blue Ranger - Natiko. I actually thought it was Chuggs early on, but after they said something nice about me I decided it was Nat. I think he's made a similar comment before maybe.

Captain Picard - Leo. Claim.

Captain Skunkbeard - Salva?

Catalina - Jman. Obvious is as obvious does.

Cinders - Dodgy ID bait. Capable of posting pics and gifs. Zipped or Nin? (Later revealed to be Nin).

Claude - Hedin. Vibes.

Goldar - Stan. Public action.

Honey - Sparks. Flip.

Illuminati Member 3 - Kyan. It was obvious af after that wall of a claim post, it just oozed Kyan.

Illuminati Member 4 - Vere. Claim.

Illuminati Member 5 - Ynnek? I'm not actually sure why I wrote this down, I assume there was a claim?

Michael - Blargonaut. Marked. (Additionally, I was right about him also being SpiderSparks).

Minecraft Steve - Randomless. It was obvious.

Pazzo - Chuggs. I spent most of the day not having a clue, and early on thought it might have been Kyan like wee said. Once he started trying to Fate-read Barney with Random it narrowed down the possibilities of who it could be (because seriously, if they knew each other and Fate I had to know*) but I think ATP was someone else.

Pink Ranger - Faddy. Only after it was pointed out though.

Rey - ATP. Mostly due to interactions with wee.

San Fran - Wee. Obvious.

Spider-Man - Sparks. Flip. Additionally Blarg, Mark, Flip.

Thresh - Sorian. Claim. Also flip.

Tommy V - Ael. 30ft Shaggy, Pure comments, also pronouns.

Yami Bakura - Not Sneeks (doesn't feel right), not me (pretty sure I'm someone else), not Salva (think that's Skunkbeard). (Actually Cameo-Ket).

Zordon - Sneeks. Pronoun suspicions, Yami didn't feel like Sneeks, Eventual claim.

__

Pool of Uncertain, Fuzzy, or Unnoticeable costumes:

Barack Obama - Who cares, replacement is going to be obvious next day anyway

Bob Ross - Talky, nice. No idea who it is.

Carl - thinks their costume is boring.

Illuminati Member 2 - Reasonably active. Annoyed Michael isn't talking to them. Complained about Michael several times. Got latched onto when arguing against Cat. Talky. Gamerunner. I actually thought they might be Chuggs for part of the day but don't recall why.

Kool-Aid - low activity and dodgy.

Lightning Strikes - involved in stone claim action shit. Don't recall much of them otherwise.

Q - Said practically nothing all day. Paired with Cinders.

Rita - mentioned HvV1 with familiarity. (Players: Fando/Brazil/Terra/Fran/Sorian/Nin/Stan/Vere/Sneeks).

Stealin' Stan - Said fuck a lot. Really hates typos.

Niko - Said practically nothing all day.

If I'm correct about the other people, the fuzzy or Unnoticeable people must consist of the following players by process of elimination: Brazil, Fandorin, Malus, Maol, Neon, Nin, Pandora, The Bear, Zipped

Niko - Pandora.
Using the shitty and unreliable method of pronouns, Pandora is Illu2 or Niko.
Illu 2 doesn't feel like Pandora. They have more mafia knowledge I think, and just feel different in general. (Niko doesn't feel like ANYONE but whatever).

(Now known or talked about in thread:)
Barack Obama - Neon (replaced by Melon).
Bob Ross - Bear, claimed in spec.
Kool Aid - flipped, Zipped.
Lightning - claimed by Zook.
Q - claimed by Fran?

Remainders: Carl, Illuminati Member 2, Rita, Stealin' Stan
Remaining players: Brazil, Fandorin, Malus, Maol

I, ah, can't actually line these up with the players I have left and feel confident about it.
They don't feel right, lol.
Which suggests I probably got some of the ones in my first list that I used to exclude players from this list wrong.

Rita mentions HvV1 several times. In terms of players who played in it and aren't already someone else that would put us in the Fando/Brazil zone. I guess they don't have to have played in it but I'll say one of them.

Brazil is one of the swearier players in the main thread iirc so maybe Stealin Stan, but I also kinda thought Stealin Stan was just trying to roleplay Stan Stan so I wouldn't necessarily match those up.

Illu 2 is so talky I should be able to pick a person for them to match honestly but that's a big nope. They're a gamerunner too, so that should be a narrower pool of people they could be, but I haven't got a clue who has gamerunner experience so it doesn't help me specifically except to think I'm looking at the wrong pool of leftover players. Who would I move here to compensate. Skunkbeard maybe. Maybe Illu2 is Salva? *helpless shrug*
That would move Skunkbeard down into this pool instead, and then I can't remember anything but the RP, so maybe scummier?

And Carl is practically non existent so anyone.
The funniest thing to me about this is that you probably didn't think it was me because that was the only day I actually played town, apparently.

Ephidel

The funniest thing to me about this is that you probably didn't think it was me because that was the only day I actually played town, apparently.
I don't think I've played many games with you before actually, but you seem fun to play with. Bit chaotic. I appreciate that more after having the chance to cut loose myself a bit this game ^^

Top Bottom