Spectator Thread The Beehive

cabot

Why.
Faddy is a good player to have around and bolster discussion, but you never listen to him

he's got mad theories.

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
The fuck is a hakaiu?

Since nobody answered this, I will. Haiku is a form of Japanese Poetry made up of three lines, with a certain number of syllables. It usually goes:

5 Syllables
7 Syllables
5 Syllbales

It has shown up now
In a bunch of our games
So you better know.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Never thought I would repent not paying attention during those versification lessons on HS

turmoil7

If scum successfully NKs it will be 3 scum Vs 6 town/other

So 2 mislynches

I wonder if a scumplayer should fakeclaim cop if they don't NK him tonight

Getting Bill & Ted flashbacks right now. N2 ending with a no-kill is pretty weird, though it really might be a delayed command.

I'm thinking the haiku is definitely not a town pr. Not sure why a townie would wish it on the most active player unless they were really mad about Faddy's behavior yesterday. It would make sense for a scum ability to limit conversation, I guess. Leaning on neutral though. I'm pretty convinved there's an arsonist too, two neutrals in a game this small seems weird?

I really don't think flavor would go as far as role names and descriptions, it is weird there's only been one kill nights, though. I'm thinking arsonist could be on a delayed schedule? Like having a command to soak someone in gasoline one night and then setting everyone on fire in a different command? Just some wild speculation.

I have a gut scum read on Splinter and this weak tracker claim solidifies it. Checking Kalor N2 and only sharing his info from N1 at D3 (after an explicit breadcumb) are really hard points to sell

So to *Splinter getting a "no movement" from Kalor and Oliver doesn't confirm them as town, but if Oliver had claimed something with an active role he was scum because he didn't move N1?

Ummmm...

I think I actually believe Splinter rn? It's a good time to claim. Town would've had basically nothing to work with during this day phase and stalled out again w/ no night flips if he didn't. I also don't think mafia would do a gambit like this when town isn't on their trail.

Idk though, watch him flip scum :x

I think I actually believe Splinter rn? It's a good time to claim. Town would've had basically nothing to work with during this day phase and stalled out again w/ no night flips if he didn't. I also don't think mafia would do a gambit like this when town isn't on their trail.

Idk though, watch him flip scum :x
Might obviously be wrong about him, but his claim didn't help Town at all, and fake claims normally do that.
Kalor wagon lost a lot of force after D2 and he probably won't be lynched today, and Oliver James was not a possible candidate as well today, he's very likely to be a NK target at this rate. Plus he managed to get Oliver to claim vanilla after that random push on him. Had he claimed an inactive town PR, what would he accomplish? Heck, what if Oliver was a vig and didn't move N1?

Might obviously be wrong about him, but his claim didn't help Town at all, and fake claims normally do that.
Kalor wagon lost a lot of force after D2 and he probably won't be lynched today, and Oliver James was not a possible candidate as well today, he's very likely to be a NK target at this rate. Plus he managed to get Oliver to claim vanilla after that random push on him. Had he claimed an inactive town PR, what would he accomplish? Heck, what if Oliver was a vig and didn't move N1?

Splinter also said he got doused with gasoline though, which makes it reasonable to think that he'll die soon and should claim and put his info out there.

I'm with you that the info isn't really helping town all that much atm besides bolstering discussion. The only solid thing I get from it is that they both aren't the haiku curser. The pushing OJ to claim was also weird, it turned out fine bc he was vanilla but town could've revealed and lynched another PR if that went south.

Since nobody answered this, I will. Haiku is a form of Japanese Poetry made up of three lines, with a certain number of syllables. It usually goes:

5 Syllables
7 Syllables
5 Syllbales

It has shown up now
In a bunch of our games
So you better know.
Oh haha I see, so a role that forces you to do poems, that's unique.

New scum fireproof strategy: act as scummy as you possibly can on D1 and actually get town-read for it because “D1 doesn’t matter”.

Faddy's haikus are so good and they're communicating around the restriction so well :o
My fave lines are 'Kalor watch movies!!' and 'lololololol'

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I am AMAZED at all the information pointing to scum this phase that is just sliding right past anyone/everyone.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
*sees Faddy's latest two posts*

nervouslaughterdiqsp.gif

I'm so lost in this thread that I thought faddy was claiming cop with a red check on fireblend for a good minute >.>

what is happening lol

Sawneeks

little green dog
Post Restrictions can be very annoying to have to play with, surprising he didn't start shitposting earlier.

Yeah, that’s a fair point. From a spectator viewpoint it just looks like a mild distraction, but it must be infuriating not being able to post normally.

Was reading Harry Potter Mafia and that curse was something else though. Didn’t help that neither Blarg or Gorlak cared and both made a lot of mega posts that needed deciphering.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
I'm not a big fan of post restrictions, seeing as they don't do much for gameplay. The one time we used a post restriction in Persona, it was more of a humorous "Going out with a hilarious bang" type deal, rather than something genuinely limiting.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Yeah, that’s a fair point. From a spectator viewpoint it just looks like a mild distraction, but it must be infuriating not being able to post normally.

Was reading Harry Potter Mafia and that curse was something else though. Didn’t help that neither Blarg or Gorlak cared and both made a lot of mega posts that needed deciphering.
Wh?t d? y?? m??n, ? g?t m? PHD ?n Bl?rg th?t d?y.

Franconp

Frank
I think that Faddy was pissed that Fireblend was claiming that he missed a haiku and that he was trying to take advantange for his mistakes. That doesn't give him rights to start calling names.

I don't know how the moderation team dealt with that, I don't want to meddle with how they mod the game, but I think that he should be warned for that.

Wh?t d? y?? m??n, ? g?t m? PHD ?n Bl?rg th?t d?y.
D?? t? y??r r?p?t?t??n h?r?, ? r??lly th??ght th?r? w?s n? p??s?n ?n y?? t?ll y?? fl?pp?d h?h?h.

(I already hate this. Spoiler for the lazy/sane)
Due to your reputation here, I really thought there was no poison on you till you flipped hahah.

Sawneeks

little green dog
D?? t? y??r r?p?t?t??n h?r?, ? r??lly th??ght th?r? w?s n? p??s?n ?n y?? t?ll y?? fl?pp?d h?h?h.

(I already hate this. Spoiler for the lazy/sane)
Due to your reputation here, I really thought there was no poison on you till you flipped hahah.

Hahaha. That game was actually long before I ever played Scum. Up until Pokemon Mafia I was always Town. :>

Did you finish reading Harry Potter Maf or you still reading up on it?

Hahaha. That game was actually long before I ever played Scum. Up until Pokemon Mafia I was always Town. :>

Did you finish reading Harry Potter Maf or you still reading up on it?
Finished yesterday! It got really messy at the end, but it was a fun read all around. Lots of interesting players that don't seem to be around anymore though...

On today's lunch; I think it's between FEP, Faddy and Grizzly, don't think that Fireblend will be a candidate today. FEP just came back and he might change things around, so it's hard to say now which way it will turn.

I believe all 3 are town, surely I'm dead wrong on this though.

I just finished reading HP maf too :o Biggest surprise for me was that Crab survived so long, the Daily Prophets actually having meaning was also mindblowing.

I've just been skimming the thread the past day or two but I think Fire is most likely to be scum from that group. I don't like how Faddy was acting at the end of D2 or for most of today, but I still believe he's town, and I was townreading FEP D1 but he hasn't been too active since then.

Roytheone

Basically a violent balloon covered in feathers
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buck-bumble-mafia-lets-rock.22251/page-22#post-4703359

So what faddy did here is insinuating that Fire complained to the mods when Faddy was pushing for Fire, thus basically saying that Fire was misusing the rules as part of gameplaying strategy.

It's not ok to insinuate that kind of thing openly in the game thread. If you suspect a player is misusing the rules you should pm a mod and NOT do this.

They better not lynch Fireblend!

Faddy behavior is kinda curious, on D1 he brought up a touchy subject of PR and scums predictions, then he goes for LP who PR claimed without giving him a chance to discuss it further the following day and now he is in a complete meltdown. He always seemed to me as a stubborn misguided townie that is digging his own grave from the start but now I am not so sure anymore... He may be a very daring scum.

My scums leans: Zip/coolest, Splinter (His tracking claims looks suspicious and so is his vote for FB) and Oliver (for his voting pattern).

My town leans are: FB, FEP and Kalor.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
A few points about town circle

Town all going on their own gives Mafia maximum chance to affect lynch with votes going everywhere.
Most players have flawed reads. With a circle you can alleviate that by combining reads.
Scum can of course infiltrate, but I think if you look at most games scum are rarely in a commanding position. It's usually just late game to force a win. It demands a strong town read too.
I'm taking really town read too in my experience. I'm too rusty RN, but when you get a pretty big town slip or a good connection to their reads. I'm bad at forcing them.
It's really fun too. I don't have much experience sadly, but when you start cooperating and bouncing ideas that's when Mafia really gets fun. I had one game where I got pushed really hard by someone because of my cautious and scummy entry and I got mildly terrified because that I was town cop. That back and forth however ended up with both of us town reading each other really hard and I saved him from being lynched D1. We almost got a third player into our circle until he was lynched and I got NKd that night ._.
It's something I need more practice in though. Especially my D1 is careful and hard to town read because I'm not too confident in my reads. You never town read someone like that because it's so easy to fake.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Ouro and kitty in Love Boat 2 is my biggest regret. I was unable to make the last step and town read the pair (everyone was paired in this game and each pair functioned as one player in all mechanical ways) until the very end. My role meant I could initiate a night chat with whomever was lynched as long as they were town. When they were lynched I were finally able to finalize the town read and with the night chat with Ouro and kitty we were almost able to solve the game.

You can read the chat here
http://gafia.boards.net/thread/514/trigger-ty4on-ship?page=5#

Post game I realized how close we were. Ouro had it down to two options and at the time I had good reasons for town reading one of the options. The remaining option was the scum team. Ouro had it much more figured out than me, so it's more a lesson for me of the value of listening, but you also see how sharing thoughts helps.

Sorry if there are a million typos. My keyboard really hates this forum for some reason and corrections just bug out and put in random characters.

turmoil7

Just a motion detection seems to weak, but if the other IR is a tracker/watcher without meaningful readings, exposing itself to be nk'd is a bad move

Sawneeks

little green dog
Finished yesterday! It got really messy at the end, but it was a fun read all around. Lots of interesting players that don't seem to be around anymore though...

The Blarg Tank will come back one day, I feel it in my bones.

Though I agree, a lot of the plays there just aren't around much anymore. Whether that's for better or worse I'm not sure but things were a lot more hectic back then.

I just finished reading HP maf too :o Biggest surprise for me was that Crab survived so long, the Daily Prophets actually having meaning was also mindblowing.

Yes! Still remember when it was revealed that the Daily Prophets actually had worth to them, that was amazing. And that Scum Team did a fantastic job, it was a good fight in that game.

A few points about town circle

Next game you and I play together let's do this. The more this idea is explained to me the more I really want to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Sawneeks

little green dog
part of me does hope they lynch fireblend so town will enter the true depths of despair

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
The Town Circle concept would be really good if it latched on in our community. I think the biggest problem we have as a playerbase is that we're trying too hard to find scum, and not doing nearly as good of a job trying to find town. It's an aspect that is essential to good townie play.

turmoil7

Goon and vanilla give the same reading to this cop I take, could be to OP otherwise

Sooo twenty minutes before day end is cutting it really close but I'm really not liking any of the lynch targets rn so I would not be against a terra last minute switch?

I haven't followed the game, nor do I know anything, but saying this is a oh so obvious scum post does seem hyperbolic.
It's not this post in particular

It's every post he's made in this game with this one on top

Last edited:
Would goon and vanilla show up the same to Fire? I think a goon having the power to kill would show up differently, which is literally the only reason I have for Kalor's towniness atm.

turmoil7

Rolecop can't detect vanilla from goon

Motion detector can create suspicion over vanilla claim that readed as moving one night

Makes some sense game design wise

turmoil7

Would goon and vanilla show up the same to Fire? I think a goon having the power to kill would show up differently, which is literally the only reason I have for Kalor's towniness atm.
Not sure but that is how I see it.

Without that restriction a role cop would be far more powerful than a normal alignment cop

Okay, thanks for the explanations! I didn't quite understand the rolecop business. So, Kalor is definitely not cleared despite having both town investigative roles on him N1. That kinda sucks.

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
Splints playing with my heart throwing votes back and forth with minutes remaining

buh saw...
end day shenanigans and no confusing fuckery declaring "it's a tie!"
"no it's not?!"
"do we have a tie?"

we need to fuel these emotions and bamboozle everyone

I miss the days when everyone freaked out about everything and meta was about post deadline posts :o

edit: not meta more like reads

Sawneeks

little green dog
buh saw...
end day shenanigans and no confusing fuckery declaring "it's a tie!"
"no it's not?!"
"do we have a tie?"

we need to fuel these emotions and bamboozle everyone
sophia told me to bop you on the head for that :p

but i do appreciate the good bamboozle

Top Bottom