Spectator Thread The Beehive

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
If Zipped is scum that's real unfortunate. We never even discussed possible scum roles (and 2 investigators should have been enough of a hint that scum might have a counter).

Well, I can say that I slept through an entire day phase now I guess?

Great job scum for going for grizzly instead of splinter. Operation kill all sane townies. Fep still didn't claim. Lord help town.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Well, I can say that I slept through an entire day phase now I guess?

Great job scum for going for grizzly instead of splinter. Operation kill all sane townies. Fep still didn't claim. Lord help town.
but he claimed vanilla I think?

Just after splinter's (first) fake claim

I thought Zipped had very good odds going into today, but Splinter, whew. He doesn't even have to post during the next day phase.

Franconp

Frank
It's 5vs1 now ,right?

Zipped will likely kill Kalor. So town will be 4v1. They still have 2 mislynches. Town should win this.

Faddy will push for a no lynch.

Franconp

Frank
No, it's 4v1. So only 1 mislynch.

This time Faddy is right and they shouldn't lynch.

If Zipped doesn't make a mistake he should win this. He can kill Faddy the next night and count with Fep tunnelling Oliver.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
This is great coming from totally Real Buffy Mason™ *Splinter
I was so disappointed that noone called me out for that.

TY WASN'T A FULL DOCTOR BREHURFIOHAUIDNFOIASNFOIAUJSF
We didn't know that at the time :(

That turned into a town read ramble lol
I write a lot, but I'm not a particularly good player.
Ty pls :p You're one of the strongest towns in MafiEra, and I can't comment on your scum game because I remember you as town even in the games you weren't.

Something I've noticed a lot too is we get a lot of hindsight bias when it comes to Spec Thread commentating on games. There's been a lot of people, myself included, that say how easy Scum is to see from here when in reality we would just be as lost and confused in the main thread.
On a related note, I enjoyed seeing Brazil call town idiots for the first pages and then being completely wrong in the next pages :p

Switching tracks is something that helps me too.
I have an issue where a player can get all of my attention as I try to read them and it's pointless because I'm not getting anywhere. I try to solve that by looking elsewhere and just leaving that read on hold.
Just quoting this for Faddy.

Does this happen here? In gamefaqs if all night actions come in early the day starts right away to not waste 24h.

Franconp

Frank
Does this happen here? In gamefaqs if all night actions come in early the day starts right away to not waste 24h.

I think in this case is best if they wait the 24hs. If they start right away the phase will run during the weekend, were activity usually is low. This way at least they will have the deadline at monday.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Sometimes, it's up to the gamerunner I think.

Ideally you'd let players know before the day ended, but there wasn't a chance for that here.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality

We could have potentially done an early start, but it slipped my mind because I was laughing too hard.

Too late now, sadly.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
hmm, I wonder if anyone's able to deduce the presence of a ninja by the fact that Splinter wasn't killed.

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
giphy.gif

Sawneeks

little green dog
This game has been a rollercoaster and Town still has a chance to win this or lose horribly. Not sure if my heart can take this Day Phase.

Sawneeks

little green dog
Really the smart move here is to almost just completely disregard everything Splinter says. He made 3 different claims on who he checked and Town really has no way to verify which is true or not so it's nearly pointless to make sense of it. Either you believe one of the two red checks and hammer those people or you believe the green check and don't hammer...

No Lynch isn't too bad either honestly. Narrow the pool down a bit to see who still lives.

They shouldn't hammer. They need to keep talking in circles until someone realizes in their frustration that they could be scumhunting by reading the thread and not through unreliable motion detector checks.

Really the smart move here is to almost just completely disregard everything Splinter says. He made 3 different claims on who he checked and Town really has no way to verify which is true or not so it's nearly pointless to make sense of it. Either you believe one of the two red checks and hammer those people or you believe the green check and don't hammer...

No Lynch isn't too bad either honestly. Narrow the pool down a bit to see who still lives.
*Nods*

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island

Who would replace a true claim with a false one?

It should be obvious that the only true claim - if any - is the one on Zipped. Hopefully they either decide they were all fake or consider scum counter roles, because otherwise we're boned.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
this twist
with no reliable splinter check there's no reliable zipped green check :thinking:

The Bear

Obligatory Gay Bear of the Society
Zipped has done a good job of simply letting the town eat itself out. NK'ing me when he did was in retrospect a good move.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Faddy should be 100% trusted for the Terra lynch, that would make a no lynch pointless since he'll just die.

My previous claims should be overwritten by the most recent as the only one that's possibly true, and even that should be in doubt due to the turbo.

None of this is happening and now I remember why I couldn't bear the thought of another phase with the remaining players.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
Faddy has two votes so at least this green checks OJ as he doesn't hammer

Hope they see the no lynch light

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Town's only hope is that Oliver picks up on the fact that Zipped is so casually accepting this lynch. Classic scum move right there, but he might not see it.
y e s

Also: has ANYONE ever been right when, as town, they insist on the absolute certainty of something? I feel like this is how town's ass forever gets bitten XD

Sawneeks

little green dog
Who would replace a true claim with a false one?

It should be obvious that the only true claim - if any - is the one on Zipped. Hopefully they either decide they were all fake or consider scum counter roles, because otherwise we're boned.

No one would, but since we don't normally have this they are looking at all the claims and not just the last one in the sequence.

They expected you to be telling the truth, not be lying to them about the checks. Seeing how certain you were on the Faddy check they're taking it just at face value.

tl;dr don't lie as Town

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Believing the 2nd of 3 checks is just dumb. Not sorry I lied, sorry I overestimated the remaining players.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
That fucking missing check -.- It wouldn't make sense to hide it, but I can't blame feps for being wrong there.

I feel like no lynch would be the best option for this town. Regardless if fep, oj or faddy die, someone will have their tunnel dead and can move on. I don't see them lynching scum this day phase ):

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
Why would you lie about your checks though? Especially a Red Check? Town is always grasping for info so why fuel that fire with false info?
gambit for information

not to die with a fake check, but put something out there and see if it trips scum or confirms town

Android Sophia

Miss Congeniality
I feel like no lynch would be the best option for this town. Regardless if fep, oj or faddy die, someone will have their tunnel dead and can move on. I don't see them lynching scum this day phase ):

Talking it out and then no lynching is the logical solution for Mylo in general, unless you have reason to believe the game won't enter Lylo.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Why would you lie about your checks though? Especially a Red Check? Town is always grasping for info so why fuel that fire with false info?
I'm not defending the fake red checks, that was bad play

BUT

Faddy's reaction to his red check gave me another reason to townread him. His response wouldn't make sense for scum unless he guessed I was bluffing and that I'd retract it. It's the reason I withdrew it.

Same with feps, and he had even less reason to think I was bluffing since I did him first.

This post here hides literally the only hope town has:

We have 4 players, 3 town 1 scum. This is mylo. If we mislynch, we lose. We can technically no lynch. Faddy will nk zipped and then try and discredit splinters check on him, using zippeds flip as a proof that splinter checked zipped last night instead of faddy.

Ty4on

The 4 is silent
^^^That won't stop him voting Faddy

If Faddy stopped following that red check and thought about why a town splinter was left alive that'd save the game for me.

Sawneeks

little green dog
gambit for information

not to die with a fake check, but put something out there and see if it trips scum or confirms town

I'm not defending the fake red checks, that was bad play

BUT

Faddy's reaction to his red check gave me another reason to townread him. His response wouldn't make sense for scum unless he guessed I was bluffing and that I'd retract it. It's the reason I withdrew it.

Same with feps, and he had even less reason to think I was bluffing since I did him first.

Hm. Understandable.

Splinter did you expect them to turn around and lynch you so fast? Reading your conclusions here it seems like you had more in mind to do before they murdered you.

This post here hides literally the only hope town has:

Help them OJ, you're their only hope.

Hm. Understandable.

Splinter did you expect them to turn around and lynch you so fast? Reading your conclusions here it seems like you had more in mind to do before they murdered you.

Help them OJ, you're their only hope.
If he doesn't see the light in this phase, then it's game over. Both FEP and Faddy are in full-on thunderdome mode against one another.

Zipped will probably be able to choose who to turbo.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
None of it was really planned.

I had the green check on Zipped, so at the start of the phase I thought feps must be the last scum.

I took one look at Faddy tunnelling and thought "fuck this, I'm lynching feps right now".

The rest was improv, but I knew I wouldn't have long before the turbo. I looked like caught scum.

Last edited:

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
That was an interesting thread.

I found some of the questioning of my tactics pretty bad to be honest. town circles work and is a legitimate idea. in fact it is a huge part of why DCPat got caught. I gave him a hard unearned town read and while I am being townie he can never mislynch me without looking terrible.

Also some really bad reads here as well :-) Kalor was almost never scum with the way he retracted his claim.
L_P is always the lynch vs Grizzly. When I said I was lynching him because he is never being NK'd and then he claims Bodyguard. It was too much, especially with no N1 claim. He had to die.
Splinter living because he is mafia v Splinter living because mafia has a ninja. If anything Splinter is the mafia MVP because we had no chance of pulling it out once he gave out his fake checks.

My Splinter tunnel was amazing and everything I said made sense.

One thing I will directly respond to.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buck-bumble-mafia-lets-rock.22251/page-22#post-4703359

So what faddy did here is insinuating that Fire complained to the mods when Faddy was pushing for Fire, thus basically saying that Fire was misusing the rules as part of gameplaying strategy.

It's not ok to insinuate that kind of thing openly in the game thread. If you suspect a player is misusing the rules you should pm a mod and NOT do this.

That is not against the rules. Like explicitly not.

4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.

The only thing real in those posts was that I got a warning. I can lie about any aspect of that conversation and people have to read whether it is a lie or not. As long as I don't directly quote/screenshot it is fair game imo.

Faddy

And with all scum on the counterwagon lol

This is why you keep notes kids

For me it is always the people on my vote, I don't think anyone even suggested doing anything else until Splinter fake solved the game.

And at that point who cares, we lynch Splinter, we lynch FEP and that is a win. FEP and Oliver read it as lynch Splinter, lynch me and win.

Once Splinter flips not trusting his checks is stupid. Constructing a narrative where Splinter is straight up spouting bullshit for no reason is pointless.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
For me it is always the people on my vote, I don't think anyone even suggested doing anything else until Splinter fake solved the game.

And at that point who cares, we lynch Splinter, we lynch FEP and that is a win. FEP and Oliver read it as lynch Splinter, lynch me and win.

Once Splinter flips not trusting his checks is stupid. Constructing a narrative where Splinter is straight up spouting bullshit for no reason is pointless.
You're right, it's much more reasonable to believe that I had 5 checks in 4 nights. My two conflicting red checks on the last day totally solved the game. Turboing me when I couldn't possibly be scum and my claim was unclear was fantastic play. Etc. Etc.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
And FTR I only have fake checks because YOU wouldn't talk about anything else. You spent the entire previous phase pushing for verification lynch on me or a no lynch, and you went straight back to it in my last phase.

We had 3 suspects and 2 lynches available, we lynched none of them and couldn't even discuss them while you were filling the thread with ridiculously unlikely theories about scum wasting a kill.

I had equally unlikely theories about you being scum btw. But the scum protecting the arsonist was so much more likely that pushing that edge case would lead to a loss more often than a win, so I didn't.

If you had been scum? *shrug* gg well played. Not worth worrying about at that point, lynch the Faddy voters and we almost always win.

Last phases were unplayable for me. Maybe step out of your tunnel next time noone is interested in following it. So many fucking posts about a no lynch with minimal benefits. Even when you had Oliver as confirmed you still suggest a no lynch. For what? To watch him die? To make the final decision with one less trustworthy voice? I'm supposed to believe that's a town plan?

Faddy

Splinter you are off the rails man.

You are trying to say it was obvious your checks were fake when it really wasn't.

Night 1: Oliver , Night 2: Kalor , Night 3: Zipped , Night 4: FEP then you switch to me and it just looks like you are taunting me as the final mafia. All 3 surviving town players believed it.

Your unwillingness to co-operate when most of my town reads are willing to lynch Terra, then you vote on me to put me 1 from Turbo and then vote off wagon and last second untie it is all shady as hell. I was a single vocal player who thought you were scummy, I was wrong. But there was no opportunity for anyone in town to correct that mistake because you put fake red checks into the game.

If the last phases were unplayable, then don't play. But don't lie and wreck the game for everyone else.

Splinter

Lord of Volcano Island
Splinter you are off the rails man.

You are trying to say it was obvious your checks were fake when it really wasn't.

Night 1: Oliver , Night 2: Kalor , Night 3: Zipped , Night 4: FEP then you switch to me and it just looks like you are taunting me as the final mafia. All 3 surviving town players believed it.

Your unwillingness to co-operate when most of my town reads are willing to lynch Terra, then you vote on me to put me 1 from Turbo and then vote off wagon and last second untie it is all shady as hell. I was a single vocal player who thought you were scummy, I was wrong. But there was no opportunity for anyone in town to correct that mistake because you put fake red checks into the game.

If the last phases were unplayable, then don't play. But don't lie and wreck the game for everyone else.
I lied to get my scumreads lynched. That's Mafia. Fuck off with these "sabotage" accusations

Faddy

I lied to get my scumreads lynched. That's Mafia. Fuck off with these "sabotage" accusations

And I tunneled to get mine so why are you pissed off with my tunnel?

The whole situation I was pushing was to lynch you without losing the game. Your play lost the game.

You sabotaged your town mates, it is a fact. You left a game state that was unsolvable. Your behaviour is worse than Kark in the invitational and the fact you cannot see that is even more damning.

Faddy

I have a few thoughts about the overall game balance and why it was very much in mafia's favour.

I said this in the game thread but if the mod expects town to work out a ninja from a motion detector, then mafia should be expected to work it the other way and not use superfluous powers. That essentially nullifies the Motion Tracker until the ninja flips, but for town to know that the Motion Tracker has to claim. This logic is heavily in favour of mafia.

The arsonist mechanics don't make sense with the ninja. I can think of only a few plausible situations where mafia should use the power and none where the ninja is still alive. (it seems like they only did that because they had a player missing and Zipped says as much in the mafia thread) Maybe it is useful to make it a final 6 or final 4 and not allowing town to simply no lynch to reduce the options.

With the arsonist mechanic sidelined that basically makes Ty's role pretty useless for town.

So we have 1 odd night role cop and a bodyguard. That combination could have worked for town to get a 2nd check on day 4. But as a role cop it is flawed because it doesn't red check a goon.

So the town had no reasonable way to stop a kill and two investigators who couldn't completely trust their checks. That is a very mafia sided game in my opinion.

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer

I do think the criticism is valid as it pertains to lynching Splinter. The vote swapping last second, the missed check, and finally throwing out so many checks could easily be seen as trying to sow confusion as a scum that expects to be lynched. That being said I also think Splinter has a valid point that the next phase featured town players primarily discussing all of his “checks” right before the lynch which literally could not all be true. That’s where town fell apart. Don’t get me wrong, I still think even if town had correctly surmised that all red checks were fake and only the green check is real it turns out any different. The ninja role really fucked you all. I just think there were some missteps by Splinter, but also by the remaining town the following day phase.

Top Bottom